ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Will the diplodocus ever be able to deal damage? Maybe make it an option or make the male diplo slower than the female but with an attack that can actually hurt other creatures like you did with the megaloceros?

Is there any chance for a carnivore that fills the huge gap between the rex and the giga?

How big will the megalosaurus be compared to an allo or a rex?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/3/2016 at 8:53 PM, Schramm552 said:

When placing structures (especially expensive ones like metal behemoths) is there a way we can toggle a different view besides the orbital camera to confirm proper snapping before we place the objects? Or make it so tribe members can see the green shadow of the structure to be placed to confirm proper placement? We have had to tear down multiple gates and other structures because the view you have when snapping large structures is so limited. Thanks! XB1 console. 

You can just go to orbit mode and place it

Well it worked for flyingjapman so I guess I'll just post the same questions with some new ones each week.

- can we get a way to transfer structures?  Maybe a "keystone" foundation that allows all directly connected structures to be transferred as a whole.

- giving bolas the ability to dismount riders could add fun new element to pvp.

- can we get a "garage door opener".  Like the keypad if it's powered and attached to a gate we can use remote to open it.

- how about a modifier (RB would work) to turn off snapping when building?  This would let us on Xbox freehand a little easier with tricky building like the treehouse platforms.

*edit* I almost forgot, in homage to the first survival game many of us played (Oregon Trail) Ark should give us dysentery, well our characters in game.  Drinking from stream/ocean instead of container has X% chance to contract dysentery, eating too many berries has X% chance.  Dysentery effects could include increased defecation resulting in feces that cannot be picked up or used as fertilizer and increased water consumption.

- oh and more cowbell, this game needs more cowbell.

i have 2 questions aswell will split screen get a distance boost from the host my brother and me play togther on xbox one console and what a about the lag spots on the center map there at the beaver watering holes and then the water cave where the sarco's are theres even a big mountain with a landbirdge where there is metal nods that also lags when trying to scale it wich also crashs ur game i would blaim it on the spiders and centipedes useing there specials on whatever it is that they are attacking in those spots i hope these 2 things get fixed cause my brother hates feeling tied to a leash to me with whereever i got </3 

Just started this game a few weeks ago and one thing that has been bugging me lately is after my dinos have defended themselves they just stay in whatever location they were after the fight is over.  Would it be possible to set a waypoint for each dino to return to after a threat has been neutralized?  I think this will resolve the issue of logging in only to find your dinos scattered all over the place due to fighting things.  Enjoying the game so far, keep it up.

14 hours ago, SvelteCraft said:

Any ssort of way to customize the safezone (Xbox) would be fantastic. My television does not have any way to change the screen safezone, and believe me I've looked, so I am unable to see about 4 inches worth of game from all four sides. This means I cannot see my status bars (health, food, etc), and I cannot see what buffs/debuffs I have. Thank you for reading my post.

hey if you go to your setttings and go to ui scaled and turn it down that shouldl fix your issue.

Can ark building objects be able to collide in the ground and in their other objects? +Can snapping points be fixed so it doesn't place the wrong direction? To fix these two things could it be possible to make a blueprint build?

Issue: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/EchoingTime/screenshot/4601777

Blue print build 

Is there a chance you guys could add a possibility to pain tools likes fridges, industrial forges, grinders and so on.

In same way, would it be possible to allow us to apply paint to electric lights so it shines the color the bulb was painted with ? I really would like to give some nice tones of colors to my base but right now only way to do that is with cave trophies. 

Could we have an (optional) feature for all versions to have a more over time/"realistic" taming process? In my mind such would entail trapping the animal with a bait, putting it in a cage or other safe place (by knocking it out and dragging, baiting it into it in the first place, birds, etc.), and slowly winning it over. Same mechanic in terms of the taming bar going up with food, but with less emphasis on keeping it knocked out and taming in one sitting and more emphasis on building a "bond" with the tame over time. This method of taming could take longer overall than the traditional method, but be able to be completed in multiple play sessions on multiplayer servers. I feel this would help solve the taming time problem present in the game, as I don't mind spending three hours to tame a Bronto, but all at once is impossible when juggling work, school, and other factors that limit the length of play sessions. This method could involve penalties and/or rewards for giving it different specific items of food, how it's treated in terms of heat, cage room/material, the age it's captured at, etc, to balance it with the traditional methods.

also, some questions relevant to the above suggestion...

Will there be wild 'dinos' of juvenile, adolescent, baby, etc. status like the Kairuku in the future?

Can we have the ability to drag unconscious animals? It seems odd that I can move something out of the water after it's drowned but not before...

Could we have a sort of "bait box" that we could place different food items into in order to bait certain animals? Different animals could be attracted by whatever food they are most quickly tamed with.

Thanks in advance for reading, apologies for the wordiness lol

22 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Is there a chance you guys could add a possibility to pain tools likes fridges, industrial forges, grinders and so on.

In same way, would it be possible to allow us to apply paint to electric lights so it shines the color the bulb was painted with ? I really would like to give some nice tones of colors to my base but right now only way to do that is with cave trophies. 

I really like the light painting idea...

(Sry for my English)
Are you going to make animations death between two dinosaurs? I mean death animations when dinosaurs encounters occur. For example, a Rex taking a parasaur by the collar and press it against the ground to kill him. Raptors jumping on triceratops, phiomias, parasaurs, etc ... Argentavis, Pteranodons, etc, catching other dinosaurs and throwing them from the air. Titanoboas catching other not very large dinosaurs like dodos, DILOS, etc .... Also animations for humans, a raptor jump on you,Titanoboas catching you, etc.

3 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Where was this confirmed?

Took me some searching through old digests : p But I'd say these two examples confirm it:

• ARK Digest #19 (If you don't wanna read through all the questions, it's the 4th "wild" if you search for it ; ) )
Survivor, Venum asks, “Since the first pass of breeding is out, I've been wondering if we will be able to eventually find wild babies, like a rex or raptor, and hand feed them as the peaceful alternative to taming carnivores?”

Answer:
We're considering it. Very likely, but will need some balancing.
Survivor, HelenTheHero asks, “With baby, juvenile, and adolescent kaiurukus in-game, will we see something similar for other dinos? It would be great to see baby dodos wandering around. :D”

Answer: 
Yes the intent is to have juveniles of many species out in the wild soon.

@LordBeef Your question about non-adult dinos is also addressed by the above

13 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Heck some proper fences would be nice, not just fence foundations.

Can we get actual fences that don't require fence foundations beneath them? Please...    pretty please...   pretty please with cherries on top?

the fence gate is the most important for me bc destroying a fence piece every time I want to enter my dodo compound is not an option in the long term

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived