Lost Character - Mega Thread

WHY THE HELL is this thread tagged as "NOOB" are the Mods and Devs here actually Joking.  I have more hours then any of the Devs in this game.  More then any Mod I would put money down.  The fact they call this a Noob thread.  Wildcard, their Admins and Mods are some of the biggest Jokes in the history of gaming.  You guys now alongside EA and Blizzard in the Hall Of Game POS Video Game Companies.  I bet EA and Blizzard would probably do more about Lost Characters though.  So honestly Wildcard worse then them at this point.  Connected to Snail Games.  Yeah FAR WORSE.  At least the American Publishers run by people who actually believe in Morality and Ethics.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, AWSPRAGUE said:

WHY THE HELL is this thread tagged as "NOOB" are the Mods and Devs here actually Joking.  I have more hours than any of the Devs in this game.  More than any Mod I would put money down.  The fact they call this a Noob thread.  Wildcard, their Admins and Mods are some of the biggest Jokes in the history of gaming.  You guys now alongside EA and Blizzard in the Hall Of Game POS Video Game Companies.  I bet EA and Blizzard would probably do more about Lost Characters though.  So honestly Wildcard worse than them at this point.  Connected to Snail Games.  Yeah FAR WORSE.  At least the American Publishers run by people who actually believe in Morality and Ethics.

😂

The OP of the thread marked it with the noob tag. 

Has someone mentioned that ark data is shared by all characters of the account owner?  Meaning , you dont' have to go to another server with your main character.  You can make a new one on the traders server and pull the item from an obelisk.   

Its not a great solution, but if there is a dire need - there is a way.  I would think this would hold back the trading market to a large extent, but for those who want to invest the time, it is possible to do with minimal losses.

..i'll add you don't need to mention that a lvl 1 character can't move with stacks of tek ceilings.  That's why trading would have to be done in person and not vaulted pickups.  That's why I stated, it will hold back the trading market to a large extent if character loss is too common.

With servers crashing every couple hours guaranteed, I wouldn't move a character unless I have someone on that server letting me know when it crashes next.  So I can move over after it comes back online.  Server hopping is the dream, but its major league gambling at this point.    We went through all of this on ASE over the years.  It took them 4 years to cut the character losses down to the point we forgot about it.  Half of that is probably simply because the player population dwindled and reduced the server stress, the other half WC can take credit for.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, theNayster said:

image.png.1124224aafb6baf5f3d4768eb875298d.png

They had better put the damn tab to restore characters in the submit ticket section if they want this game to be a success, ignorance regarding their failures is exactly the reason so many people have quit supporting them to date. There is no excuse for this, it should of been implemented the moment server transfer were enabled.
They're saying that policing name calling and enabling mental weakness in those easily offended is more important than people losing characters that have put 800+ hrs into ASA already. Its a joke, half of the English dictionary is pretty much censored in global chat now for some pathetic reason. 
That's the problem with this game studio and society as a whole today, the true problems are not dealt with even though its clear what the solutions are. Time and resources are wasted on meaningless nonsense whilst the village burns. 

11 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Has someone mentioned that ark data is shared by all characters of the account owner?  Meaning , you dont' have to go to another server with your main character.  You can make a new one on the traders server and pull the item from an obelisk.   

Its not a great solution, but if there is a dire need - there is a way.  I would think this would hold back the trading market to a large extent, but for those who want to invest the time, it is possible to do with minimal losses.

..i'll add you don't need to mention that a lvl 1 character can't move with stacks of tek ceilings.  That's why trading would have to be done in person and not vaulted pickups.  That's why I stated, it will hold back the trading market to a large extent if character loss is too common.

With servers crashing every couple hours guaranteed, I wouldn't move a character unless I have someone on that server letting me know when it crashes next.  So I can move over after it comes back online.  Server hopping is the dream, but its major league gambling at this point.    We went through all of this on ASE over the years.  It took them 4 years to cut the character losses down to the point we forgot about it.  Half of that is probably simply because the player population dwindled and reduced the server stress, the other half WC can take credit for.

People are moving characters into the cloud to prepare new ones for other maps. Like the upcoming center map for instance, most people make characters, get them levelled with tek unlocks complete so they can get a better start over there. Leaving another high level character on the island, to render base and stuff. Which means less need to transfer later and risk losing their characters to roll backs.
The only solution is for wildcard to allow us to dupe our character on other maps, to make an exact copy of it which will mean less GM assistance in the future and less frustration for players getting zero help from those that get paid to help us. Instead we get silly excuses with cut and paste replies that are more insulting than helpful. 
The solutions are simple enough, but who are we to offer advice, we only test this game more than most of the devs themselves. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Garyo86 said:

People are moving characters into the cloud to prepare new ones for other maps. Like the upcoming center map for instance, most people make characters, get them levelled with tek unlocks complete so they can get a better start over there. Leaving another high level character on the island, to render base and stuff. Which means less need to transfer later and risk losing their characters to roll backs.
The only solution is for wildcard to allow us to dupe our character on other maps, to make an exact copy of it which will mean less GM assistance in the future and less frustration for players getting zero help from those that get paid to help us. Instead we get silly excuses with cut and paste replies that are more insulting than helpful. 
The solutions are simple enough, but who are we to offer advice, we only test this game more than most of the devs themselves. 

I agree with this. Make a character duping method but do not allow for items to be duped. Just the characters.

Duping anything is breaking the code of conduct.  That said  wildcard employees feel support is a privilege . Even tho the game comes with paid support . The employees feel it's a privilege . This is why wildcard and snail takes the money and not give what customers  ask for this is why they are silent on subjects like loss of characters . 

1 hour ago, shafer2555 said:

Duping anything is breaking the code of conduct.  That said  wildcard employees feel support is a privilege . Even tho the game comes with paid support . The employees feel it's a privilege . This is why wildcard and snail takes the money and not give what customers  ask for this is why they are silent on subjects like loss of characters . 

They aren't talking about duping the character against terms.  They are talking about them(wildcard) coming up with a system where the character is backed up into the cloud so that if they are lost on a server, they can easily just grab the last version of it from WC, not some exploit. 

Say you upload your character to the cloud from a server, now the cloud has that copy, you go to another server, upload again back to the cloud and the latest version overrides the last copy the cloud stored.  Go to a different server, lose your character.  Go back to the cloud and get your last known version.  Its not that complicated.  They could easily do it.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shafer2555 said:

reptar their coc I’m gonna do it anyway. 5 billion campfires here we come.

• Confused 1

They have given us no choice in Official PVP.  Gotta figure out how to Dupe you char or else raiding, scouting, griefing etc... is gonna be screwed.   Someone else mentioned trading also.  Literally everything which makes PVP...PVP is F'D because Char loss is so bad.  I'm pissed I did their Assassin Creed Noterun for 10 Lvls and just gone.  That was annoying to get the last couple.  Bosses and Ascension not so bad.  But I am triggered as hell trying to breed right now without Tek Binocs.  Thanks for Nerfing me Wildcard.  God damn you guys suck.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

They aren't talking about duping the character against terms.  They are talking about them(wildcard) coming up with a system where the character is backed up into the cloud so that if they are lost on a server, they can easily just grab the last version of it from WC, not some exploit. 

Say you upload your character to the cloud from a server, now the cloud has that copy, you go to another server, upload again back to the cloud and the latest version overrides the last copy the cloud stored.  Go to a different server, lose your character.  Go back to the cloud and get your last known version.  Its not that complicated.  They could easily do it.

That sounds like an elegant enough solution, but it's not something I ever expect to see from a dev team like this one. They are in a perpetual state of rushing out whatever build they can manage to get past certifications.

Time for stuff like actual fixes doesnt exist when the next content in the pipeline is already delayed and again needs to be rushed out so Shi can buy new alligator skin boots.

• Sad 1

I did Noterun to lvl 70 yesterday and uploaded to test.  It got deleted.  Wildcard are morons.  For example on MTS an unofficial server with probably like a dozen people running it.  I never lost a Character.  It was like impossible on that Server.  And when it opened every server would be 70/70 usually.  And it would often lag like hell.  So somehow they figured it out no problem.  Didn't even consider running a server where lost chars were a thing.  Imagine if people who actually Played PVP were Wildcard Admins.  Then you would see it run like MTS cause THEY KINDA GET IT.  They understand then when playing Official 1x you could getting capped at any second.  And you need that 130 to defend to the best of your ability.  Or the fact they got rid of XP Parties.  So now I can't just kill 6 baby gigas and get lvl 100 again.  Or the fact they added Tek Binocs unlockable by Alpha Tek Cave only.  Sweet now I gotta either Cheese it (not too hard but still) or get like 15-20 people to run it to even be able to breed properly and efficiently.  These people literally never truly played their own game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2024 at 9:36 PM, NoobSupreme said:

Been having reports of tribes having characters lost on transferring, can anyone confirm these 

we have a big problem I lost my character level 125 and I am the leader of tribe in small tribe on server 9051 we can't remove this character from this tribe, I would like to play with my friends but I can't because the character I lost blocks a place.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, edwinbrd said:
On 2/8/2024 at 12:36 PM, NoobSupreme said:

Been having reports of tribes having characters lost on transferring, can anyone confirm these 

we have a big problem I lost my character level 125 and I am the leader of tribe in small tribe on server 9051 we can't remove this character from this tribe, I would like to play with my friends but I can't because the character I lost blocks a place.

welcome to the club

On 2/8/2024 at 9:36 PM, NoobSupreme said:

Been having reports of tribes having characters lost on transferring, can anyone confirm these claims?

image.png

Ive lost a 135 char, 107, 101, 103, 72. After i lost my main, ive lost e ert new char ive made. Someone said that my cloud is reptared and that I need to buy/make a new account to play the game. I cant even do ascension. Bcs the char Will get delited when u ascend. 🤘🤘🤘🤘👍👍👍

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, kittentaker said:

Ive lost a 135 char, 107, 101, 103, 72. After i lost my main, ive lost e ert new char ive made. Someone said that my cloud is reptared and that I need to buy/make a new account to play the game. I cant even do ascension. Bcs the char Will get delited when u ascend. 🤘🤘🤘🤘👍👍👍

I'm curious. At what point do you stop trying to transfer.

• Thanks 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Lost Character - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic