Dino Render Distance Change

PhotekPlays

Server cap ? ok, I dealt with it

Dinos not spawning ? ok, I dealt with it

Rollbacks? ok, I dealt with it.

The goddamn camera bug while dismounting ? ok I dealt with it.

Anti Mesh still destroying dinos? ok , unexpected but ok.

But this render crap is by far the most annoying change ever, you are literally flying around and all is an empty desert, you have to fly really low and even slow and even stop sometimes so things start appearing. Time to take a break till they revert this change, servers are capped anyway. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lezaris said:

Yesterday’s patch did absolutely nothing to render distance at least on Xbox.

I'm on XBox. Yesterday's Pach improved the situation, we returned to seeing the Dinos at over 60 meters. Yes, it would be great if they could increase the distance more but then we'll be here again complaining that the change causes slowdowns in the game... let's hope they work better on performance.

11 hours ago, Lezaris said:

You reduced render during the biggest yearly event of the game

It is assumed that it is precisely because of the event, or rather: the event led to the maximum Player load on ALL Servers and for all 24 hours... they had to do an "emergency maneuver" so as to reduce the risk of Server-Crash..

Edited by CervantesMor

9 hours ago, xirael said:

The goddamn camera bug while dismounting ? ok I dealt with it.

Just for your information, the culprit is the bed. When you logout sleeping in a bed and login, leave render of the bed then come back into render it bugs out your camera. Don't sleep anymore in a bed before logging out, and you won't have this bug anymore.

I had this bug every single day since ASA launch, then I read this simple solution from someone who made extensive tests to pinpoint the cause, and now I didn't have this bug a single time in the last week.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Elgar said:

Just for your information, the culprit is the bed. When you logout sleeping in a bed and login, leave render of the bed then come back into render it bugs out your camera. Don't sleep anymore in a bed before logging out, and you won't have this bug anymore.

I had this bug every single day since ASA launch, then I read this simple solution from someone who made extensive tests to pinpoint the cause, and now I didn't have this bug a single time in the last week.

Thank you, one less annoying headache!!

21 hours ago, Elgar said:

Which bug is that? Is it the one where you cant interact with anything unless a tribey picks you up with a bird or you die?

On 12/3/2023 at 6:21 AM, PhotekPlays said:

LISTEN WILDCARD

just no are you crazy to do that, revert that change for pve 70/70 servers asap

this makes people quit the game

i will return 5 copys of ASA, and you know we all get a refund even with 20k hours played

5 meters view distance is a joke

thats it for me at least if you do not change that bs

I get about 60 feet sometimes and other 5 feet.

I still don't understand the logic of seeing a titanosaur at more than 400m and the rest of dinos at 50m, but if the hespereornys and fishes are seen at more than 100m... PUT THE RENDER BACK AS IT WAS BEFORE, I CAN'T EVEN TAME A QUETZAL BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE IT! OMG WILD CARD DO SOMETHING AND STOP BREAKING YOUR GAME!

download.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They simply can't do anything about servers being sooooo trash
They are locked with nitrado due to very bad decisions
And we, the players, are suffering cause of that

You can't get any dino on follow because they go out of render before starting to follow you
Official servers are unplayable at this stage, and someone brilliant thought it would be a great idea to ask server constantly to know if you can pod or unpod dinos ? 😂

Seriously Wildcard, stop being sausages and start listening to community, you are our employee don't forget it
We saved you from bankrupt when you released ASA beforeit was too late

• Like 1

I've endured server queues of 1+ hour, countless server crashes and rollbacks, lag and rubber-banding, reduced wild dino spawns, and more recently the tame cap, but the one thing that has totally destroyed this game for me is the dino render distance reduction.

I play games to have fun. Ark official does not respect my time and effort, nor is it conductive to good entertainment, so therefore i moved on. I also made sure my new server is non-Nitrado hosted just to add to the departure.

3 hours ago, Thexone said:

the only tribemate from evolved who was willing to try ascended just keeps telling us about all the bugs and how bad the render distance is.  i thought it can't be that bad, no way they made the game worse than before and come here and see this. 

was reduced to help server performance . all its done is annoy everyone , hunting dinos in a game where u cant see them :P, game should have been called where's wally the dino 

Edited by udo

• 2 weeks later...