PVE best way to claiming land?

ancojo

The reason for asking is because it seems that everyone places founds with a pillar and ladder and as I've never played PVE before I done the same and its stopped spawns, I want a longer decay timer so wasn't sure if a found with pillar and ladder or just a pillar and ladder were different decay timer wise?

Thanks for the replies

4 minutes ago, ancojo said:

The reason for asking is because it seems that everyone places founds with a pillar and ladder and as I've never played PVE before I done the same and its stopped spawns, I want a longer decay timer so wasn't sure if a found with pillar and ladder or just a pillar and ladder were different decay timer wise?

Thanks for the replies

Sounds like monkey-see-monkey-do

A foundation with a pillar and ladder won't perform any differently than just a foundation by itself.

A foundation with a certain amount of structures on it ( think like a 1x1 thatch hut) will have a bigger radius than a lone foundation, and a certain amount of foundations together will have a significantly bigger radius.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Scheneighnay said:

Sounds like monkey-see-monkey-do

A foundation with a pillar and ladder won't perform any differently than just a foundation by itself.

A foundation with a certain amount of structures on it ( think like a 1x1 thatch hut) will have a bigger radius than a lone foundation, and a certain amount of foundations together will have a significantly bigger radius.

Oo oo oo oo (Sound more like an owl than a monkey!)

Thanks for the info though :)

2 hours ago, ancojo said:

Don't use foundations, just use a pillar and a ladder, that will give you the longer decay timer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Don't use foundations, just use a pillar and a ladder, that will give you the longer decay timer.

A pillar with a ladder and a foundation with a pillar on it will have identical decay timers. Unsnapped pillars or ladders with decay depending on which structure is used. Thatch is 4 days wood is 8 days stone is 12 days and metal is 16 days. The disadvantage to using a foundation is that they block spawns of rocks trees bushes and so on and creatures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

A pillar with a ladder and a foundation with a pillar on it will have identical decay timers. Unsnapped pillars or ladders with decay depending on which structure is used. Thatch is 4 days wood is 8 days stone is 12 days and metal is 16 days. The disadvantage to using a foundation is that they block spawns of rocks trees bushes and so on and creatures. 

I didn't mean will give you a longer decay timer than a foundation and pillar, I mean longer than just a pillar alone.

In order to get "the longer decay timer" a person can use a foundation & pillar, or a ladder & pillar, or some other combination of multiple objects, all of which give them "the longer decay timer" than a single object by itself.

Having said that, I understand that what I said was a bit ambiguous and could be interpreted more than one way, so it's good we hashed it out.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Thanks 1

If you want to preserve resource and dino spawns and not look inconsiderate to the rest of the server, do pillars and ladders.

Although my tribemates tell me you need to double stack the pillars to make it work.

If you are securing the inside of your pen or a perimeter where you dont want hostile dinos, then use foundation+other structures on top

• Thanks 1

U only need to use 2 pillars if the first pillar is unable to snap a ladder due to the pillar being too low. Even with a fall raise of the pillar when placed it's still often too high. U can get around this by placing it at its highest point and on a slope with the ladder usually able to be placed on the unsupported side but that is situational