Wow. Thoughts on Xbox release before Playstation?

iv been here since they did this on ark release like 8 years ago they have learned diddly squat why did they not cover this all a month early to help ps. full well knowing xbox be ok and ps5 player getting a good slap to the face i did like really really wanna stream this game with my 12800 hours in the passed buggy hell hole dlc nightmare orf a game i loved but i dont think i want this new one now fk it where is ark 2

5 hours ago, TheNeoReaper said:

Not surprised as wildcard is paid by xbox for exclusivity. They care more about $$$ than there community

I agree completely.

I honestly would take a guess that PS5 version comes out a date sometime before thanksgiving. If they push it back further the amount of money their passing up on the table would be mind blowing. Casual player buys during thanksgiving break not to mention gifts for the holidays.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow PlayStation users. 

How are you feeling ATM with how this release has gone? 

Where do you stand on wanting to purchase and play the game now?

How has everything effected your decision? 

Is there even a point to try to play now? Depending on how you play. ( Cross play, pvp, official, etc.)

Just wondering if y'all are feeling it too. 

Hopefully our release is much much sooner rather than later. 

Trying to hang in there with you all. Def feels like we've been kicked while down. 

Just figured I'd make a post to bring all the comments to one place. Instead of being buried in the community crunch etc. 

One post to rule them all. 

I'm sure I already have an idea of how everyone is feeling, but making a place for everyone to voice their opinions to the devs felt like a good idea. All in one place. 

Fair point though. 

On 11/3/2023 at 8:49 PM, TheNeoReaper said:

Not surprised as wildcard is paid by xbox for exclusivity. They care more about $$$ than there community

Not what's happening, playstation has a slower verification process than xbox has. So if you push a build to both platforms at the same time, the Xbox one will get rubber-stamped first.

I don't suppose you remember WC's promise for that next Gen upgrade for ASE...delivered it on XBox and didn't bother with PS and never addressed the lie.

PS players are always at the bottom of the list for them and that should be pretty clear to everyone after all the years of ASE.

Its just the way things are and no amount of complaining will change it, so just accept it or move on.

At least Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora will be out soon and  probably before ASA on PS5. I'll wait and see If the PS5 version of ASA looks and runs like a potato by comparison to the other versions. If it does, I'll be jumping on that game instead even if it does cost more. 

Edited by KingOfAshes

On 11/13/2023 at 5:00 AM, Scheneighnay said:

Not what's happening, playstation has a slower verification process than xbox has. So if you push a build to both platforms at the same time, the Xbox one will get rubber-stamped first.

You have zero way of knowing this. They can say whatever they want, they’ve lied to everyone before. The fact is that developing this game on unreal engine 5 on the Xbox series S is sketchy due to being much lower graphics-wise than either pPS5 or Xbox Series X. I’d be willing to bet money that the game is ready for both PlayStation 5 and series X, and the real culprit holding everyone back is the Series S. And they aren’t going to release asa for PS5 before Xbox even if it was verified and ready. This makes much more sense.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I can't say why but I can promise you this isn't the case. 

Whatever it is, they can be upfront about it. Obviously the reason why people are upset is because they WANT to play the game, which is a good thing. They’ll buy it no matter what they say. But the thing is that they have exclusivity deals, and I understand it completely being a ps5 owner and having all of these exclusive games. So part of me is skeptical whenever they say that PlayStation is harder to cert for and that might all be true. What also might be true is that is certified and ready but we’ll never know because legally they might not be able to release it before Xbox. I’d completely understand and respect that. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Fatbatmanplays said:

So part of me is skeptical whenever they say that PlayStation is harder to cert for

As you should be. WildCard never said that. Nobody here knows anything about the cert process for either platform. Unless they have their own games. It's all armchair software developers. 

Here is some light reading on the process. What it is, what it isn't:

https://www.dayonepatch.com/topic/10424-the-console-certification-process-an-insightful-twitter-thread-from-rami-ismail-indie-developer/

Here are the Xbox cert requirements. As you can see. It's not a trivial process:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/policies/console/console-certification-requirements-and-tests

my group of friends who are looking to play together have to wait for console to even have a chance for i have a rtx 2070 super i have to play on complete low settings and clouds and fog off. and i get about 15 fps 30fps if i stand still and that is only if can stay connected my solo game and rented server both constant crashes.  My buddies one has rtx 3080 he has more ram and such than me he gets better fps and on higher quality but still crashes often.  Then the other bud he has a rtx 4080 and he is only playing on medium and he has a 30 fps.  And the rest of the friends dont have our cards so they are on PS5 .. and i will go that route to cause no one can afford new computers to play this . So i hope the PS version comes out soon and has some stabilty to it.  For there is alot of memories in this game for me and some friends and some of my family like my little nieces who came to visit daily would sit for hours and watch the dinos and just be in awe of it to where they now play the game and are dishearten that they cant play either. 

well that is true...and the early accessmodel has only been chosen because they had pressure to release it. It is obvious they would have prefered to delay it again on PC.

Well - new Nvidiapatch + new Ascended patch : Still crashing, when you fiddle with the graphicsettings OR have Geforce Experience running. I wonder how AMD Users are doing...