Community Crunch 385: Console and LiveOps Update, Extra Life Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

My favorite thing is how all 10 of Syntac's "10 Incredible Additions To Ark Survival Ascended" are all things the community has been asking for and that either could have easily been implemented into A.S.E. 5 years ago but wc refused to implement for absolutely no reason, and/or are things that were so poorly executed that they are immersion breaking within an "updated" game which was supposed to be even more immersive. 😂

It's been quite heartbreakingly funny to watch Syntac continuously negatively criticize various decisions made by wc concerning this "new" "updated" game as well. Proving that nothing which wasn't already fixed 5 years ago, but never implemented, has been fixed. The constant negative sighs and exclamations of disappointment from Syntac on his new videos make me question why wc put one of his videos on their community crunch. I mean, even this one has a negative critique in it. 🙃

What's been absolutely hilarious though, is watching all the people gush over the "Stealth TLC" for the dung beetle and oviraptor. Saying how its "amazing that they can auto pick-up poo and eggs now". You want to know why it was a "Stealth TLC"? It's because the dung beetle and oviraptor in A.S.E. can also auto pick-up poo and eggs respectively and have been able to do so for quite a while now even in vanilla A.S.E. Or, at least, the ones on my vanilla A.S.E. single player can. 🤣

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, FlorianWind9 said:

My favorite thing is how all 10 of Syntac's "10 Incredible Additions To Ark Survival Ascended" are all things the community has been asking for and that either could have easily been implemented into A.S.E. 5 years ago but wc refused to implement for absolutely no reason, and/or are things that were so poorly executed that they are immersion breaking within an "updated" game which was supposed to be even more immersive. 😂

It's been quite heartbreakingly funny to watch Syntac continuously negatively criticize various decisions made by wc concerning this "new" "updated" game as well. Proving that nothing which wasn't already fixed 5 years ago, but never implemented, has been fixed. The constant negative sighs and exclamations of disappointment from Syntac on his new videos make me question why wc put one of his videos on their community crunch. I mean, even this one has a negative critique in it. 🙃

What's been absolutely hilarious though, is watching all the people gush over the "Stealth TLC" for the dung beetle and oviraptor. Saying how its "amazing that they can auto pick-up poo and eggs now". You want to know why it was a "Stealth TLC"? It's because the dung beetle and oviraptor in A.S.E. can also auto pick-up poo and eggs respectively and have been able to do so for quite a while now even in vanilla A.S.E. Or, at least, the ones on my vanilla A.S.E. single player can. 🤣

Clearly not vanilla ASE that you’ve been playing because I just tested the “”stealth TLC”” on ASE singleplayer with both and neither worked.

for data: had a level 1 oviraptor on wandering enclosed in a pen with a bronto egg that dropped naturally from a tamed bronto. Tried it with every kind of aggression level, encumbered and empty inventory. It looked just stood there and the egg never went into its inventory so you’re either lying about your singleplayer, or you’ve got some mods enabled that you forgot about

1 hour ago, TheTrueSpider said:

Clearly not vanilla ASE that you’ve been playing because I just tested the “”stealth TLC”” on ASE singleplayer with both and neither worked.

for data: had a level 1 oviraptor on wandering enclosed in a pen with a bronto egg that dropped naturally from a tamed bronto. Tried it with every kind of aggression level, encumbered and empty inventory. It looked just stood there and the egg never went into its inventory so you’re either lying about your singleplayer, or you’ve got some mods enabled that you forgot about

So, you said you tried it with both? So the dung beetle to I assume?

Now, to be more specific, when it comes to the Oviraptor it is actually only "Wild Dropped Eggs" that it is able to pick up in A.S.E. Also; the Oviraptor has to actually walk into, or over, the egg to interact with it.

You will notice that the last video is even from 7 years ago.

I realize that my statement earlier may have been a little misleading, but the fact remains that even 7 years ago the Oviraptor could auto pick-up eggs; just wc never "turned on" the ability for tamed dropped eggs. A complete choice on their part. And possibly something that could be done with .ini files? I don't know since I don't mess with those.

Now for dung beetles, I dunno if it's a glitch then or not? But I've got dung beetles who "mysteriously" end up getting poo collected into their inventory that I did not personally put in there. Poo that was dropped by my tamed phiomias. So for them I do know for sure that they can cause how else do I explain the mysterious poos? Though, they do have to be set on wander and they do have to directly walk into the poo to pick it up and most importantly dropped poo spoils very quickly so I guess there might be a low chance that it'll happen?

One of my friends who plays A.S.E. has also said that he's noticed poo mysteriously appearing in his single player dung beetles to. So, is it just a random glitch and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't? I guess I don't know, but if it happens at all then it shows that it can definitely be a thing in A.S.E. and wc just needs to "turn it on". 

Oh, actually, I just found this 7 year old video about the dung beetles. The guy says, but doesn't show, that they auto pick-up poo as they wander around.

So, a random left over glitch that still happens sometimes even if wc did "turn off" this function at some point since then? I wouldn't be surprised knowing them. The idea that they decided to "turn off" this function yet a glitch persisted that still makes it happen sometimes. In any case, it happens for me often enough for me to have noticed it so?

Edited by FlorianWind9
Found Dung Beetle Info Video Saying They Auto Pick-Up 7 Years Ago

I don't have the game, but as far as I understand, the Oviraptor in ASA lays the eggs in its inventory.
In ASE, he carried it in his front legs and you could take it from him without incurring the wrath of his conspecifics.

The DungBeetle never picked up its own droppings in my game, but with S+/SS droppings were placed in its inventory. I think this was done by the Itemcolector.

Beforehand when reading the leaked info they said same day release as console then a YouTuber showed they snuck in it in the 2023 showcase that it would be delayed for consoles. I play series x I was told October I took the 28th thru 31st off and believed it was same day release for console and pc like was promised. my birthday came up on the 29th of October. I got suspicious and I missed the snuck in delay after the showcase was late already I watched a YouTuber and they pointed out they snuck it in at the bottem of the video. The 14th is too long already I can understand 1 week delay that’s all. Console is unappreciated pc always gets the love it’s cause it’s easier to fix everything on their. Yet it doesn’t stop the hurt or angry over  the hope I had that information was true. Unfortunately I don’t remember if it was specifically wildcard that promised same day release. I’d at least like to see release in 2 weeks not 3 😭

Edited by AnantaBoga

I have 22nd off til the 29th off the month too this has been one huge flogging. I’ve heard the stats can’t go high i sincerely hope there’s unofficial pc servers that allow stats high still that’s what I want no matter what. Cause so far I here bad things like it’s not. I wanna be able to copy my old unofficial server settings in.

Edited by AnantaBoga

13 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

So, you said you tried it with both? So the dung beetle to I assume?

Now, to be more specific, when it comes to the Oviraptor it is actually only "Wild Dropped Eggs" that it is able to pick up in A.S.E. Also; the Oviraptor has to actually walk into, or over, the egg to interact with it.

You will notice that the last video is even from 7 years ago.

I realize that my statement earlier may have been a little misleading, but the fact remains that even 7 years ago the Oviraptor could auto pick-up eggs; just wc never "turned on" the ability for tamed dropped eggs. A complete choice on their part. And possibly something that could be done with .ini files? I don't know since I don't mess with those.

Now for dung beetles, I dunno if it's a glitch then or not? But I've got dung beetles who "mysteriously" end up getting poo collected into their inventory that I did not personally put in there. Poo that was dropped by my tamed phiomias. So for them I do know for sure that they can cause how else do I explain the mysterious poos? Though, they do have to be set on wander and they do have to directly walk into the poo to pick it up and most importantly dropped poo spoils very quickly so I guess there might be a low chance that it'll happen?

One of my friends who plays A.S.E. has also said that he's noticed poo mysteriously appearing in his single player dung beetles to. So, is it just a random glitch and sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't? I guess I don't know, but if it happens at all then it shows that it can definitely be a thing in A.S.E. and wc just needs to "turn it on". 

Oh, actually, I just found this 7 year old video about the dung beetles. The guy says, but doesn't show, that they auto pick-up poo as they wander around.

So, a random left over glitch that still happens sometimes even if wc did "turn off" this function at some point since then? I wouldn't be surprised knowing them. The idea that they decided to "turn off" this function yet a glitch persisted that still makes it happen sometimes. In any case, it happens for me often enough for me to have noticed it so?

Okay yeah so your initial comment then was misleading. I already knew you could make oviraptors collect wild eggs, most notable of this is their ability to steal wyvern eggs without getting aggro (likely a glitch). I didn’t know it was automatic, and thought u had to whistle attack target on the egg for them to do it so there’s something new for me.
However ASA has now enabled them to auto collect tamed dropped eggs too, which despite being something they easily could have enabled on ASE, doesn’t subtract the fact that it’s been improved on with ASA. It was likely something they didn’t want to add out of balancing but decided that with the remaster, QoL should come first.

On the dung beetles, I’ve never seen or heard of that happening and my research doesn’t support it. My only hypothesis are, as you suggested, a possible glitch with them picking up the feces (or potentially supposed to be but in most cases actually not [hence fixed in ASA]) or, and forgive my skepticism, the more likely scenario in my head if you and your friend simply forgetting that you gave it to them/someone else loading in while you had it on multiplayer and putting it in

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Biscoiter said:

Everyone is talking about the delay, but I only have 1 question, which is will it be released to the GamePass cloud? I've been a big fan of Ark since its release, watching several gameplays but without the opportunity to For me to be able to play ASA, it will have to be released on xcloud since I don't have an Xbox, PS or a good PC that can run ASA... (I hope someone reads this) I'm Brazilian 👍🏽

Yes, it should be on the Cloud, last week in the XBox Store they opened the ASA page (without release date, without price, but with general information about the game and the Trailer) and categorizes it as "Cloud Game".

7 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

Okay yeah so your initial comment then was misleading.

Yeah, sorry about that. I guess my main point for them, which I made poorly, was that the technology for them to do this was already in the game; just wc wouldn't turn it on.

7 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

On the dung beetles, I’ve never seen or heard of that happening and my research doesn’t support it. My only hypothesis are, as you suggested, a possible glitch with them picking up the feces (or potentially supposed to be but in most cases actually not [hence fixed in ASA]) or, and forgive my skepticism, the more likely scenario in my head if you and your friend simply forgetting that you gave it to them/someone else loading in while you had it on multiplayer and putting it in

For the dung beetles though I legitimately thought that they could.

I've been playing the game since before they were introduced, and I thought that I remembered that they could when they were first released; then I found that video of a guy from around that time who said that his did. But, it was so inefficient that I've just been stuffing them with poo like everyone else ever since their beginning.

Now, I don't use mods because I don't like using mods; and this is on a single player where I'm the only person there. It doesn't happen very often, but I am being truthful when I say that once in a while I will check my dung beetle to find 2 poos in it; then will go about other business around the farm while I collect poos from the other creatures; when I get back to the dung beetle to feed it I will find that it has 3 poos in it before I start refilling it. There are 2 Phiomias and 2 Lystros in the barn where I keep the beetle so I just thought it had a really low chance to auto pick-up the poo; having to wander directly on top of one before it disappeared and all.

But I guess it's a glitch then? Weird. Well, I guess I don't mind this glitch at least. 

• Like 1

Can you please clarify what was meant in the CC by "We’ll also be onlining our first set of console-specific servers at this moment so that players who do not want to play on crossplay can play on those"
And "We’ll also be onlining an additional set of console-specific servers"
People are interpreting that to mean there will be Xbox only servers and ps5 only servers due to the CC saying "console specific" and "(for) players who do not want to play on crossplay".
I know Rydolph already clarified this in a pinned comment, but people are saying in the FB groups that I belong to that he is incorrect. So can you please clarify? Thanks 😊

• Thanks 1

Absolute worst way to launch a cross play game. Is there even a reason to try and play cross play now? Seems to me like everyone is better off staying in their specific servers now or at least starting off there. 

Wildcard, the community wanted to start TOGETHER and experience the cross play TOGETHER. Everyone starting on an "equal" playing field. 

Not to be separated. Not for some to be at a disadvantage. Not for some to watch the others play. Not to be LIED to. Not to have your anticipation up and to be let down over and over again. 

Imo, they flipped off the console community, then turned around and kicked PlayStation in the balls (or wherever hurts for you lol). 

Just sad to love a game and to be treated like that. Too bad the feeling isn't mutual wildcard. 

What makes it worse, is now, if you buy the game, it's like saying "thank you, may I have another?"

You "kick me" let me give you money now. 

Tough to be excited. Sorry the the rant/long post. I've put in my half a cent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheHatedConsolePlayer said:

Absolute worst way to launch a cross play game. Is there even a reason to try and play cross play now? Seems to me like everyone is better off staying in their specific servers now or at least starting off there. 

Wildcard, the community wanted to start TOGETHER and experience the cross play TOGETHER. Everyone starting on an "equal" playing field. 

Not to be separated. Not for some to be at a disadvantage. Not for some to watch the others play. Not to be LIED to. Not to have your anticipation up and to be let down over and over again. 

Imo, they flipped off the console community, then turned around and kicked PlayStation in the balls (or wherever hurts for you lol). 

Just sad to love a game and to be treated like that. Too bad the feeling isn't mutual wildcard. 

What makes it worse, is now, if you buy the game, it's like saying "thank you, may I have another?"

You "kick me" let me give you money now. 

Tough to be excited. Sorry the the rant/long post. I've put in my half a cent. 

I don’t think this is fair. As for my understanding, wildcard resolved the issue why they had to postpone really fast. Now they have to follow proces to get it published on Xbox and PSN. PSN takes more time than Xbox apparently. 

• Haha 1

I respect your opinion. So, are you saying that Sony has higher standards than Xbox/Microsoft?

As far as I'm aware, the two systems operate pretty much the same. One is not miles ahead of the other performance wise. 

So, why is one ready, when the other is not?

Why is microsoft comfortable releasing the game, but not Sony?

To me, it is either time management, not enough people working on consoles, or simply the partnership with Xbox.

Could be completely wrong, but with only grovestreet games(I believe is the name) working on consoles, would it not be plausible that the Xbox got a little bit more tlc? First? 

It could very well be Sony just doesn't think it is ready. I just find it hard to believe that it would be in good enough shape for a release on Xbox and not PlayStation. Especially if they were submitted at the same time. 

Would love any legitimate info on why PlayStation is delayed. To me, doesn't make sense for it to be ready for Xbox, but not PlayStation or for one to be "verified or accepted" when the other is not. At least not yet. Why are they able to jump through all of the Xbox "hoops", but not the Sony ones? 

Curious indeed. Who knows. 

Much love to the gaming community. 

1 hour ago, TheHatedConsolePlayer said:

I respect your opinion. So, are you saying that Sony has higher standards than Xbox/Microsoft?

As far as I'm aware, the two systems operate pretty much the same. One is not miles ahead of the other performance wise. 

So, why is one ready, when the other is not?

Why is microsoft comfortable releasing the game, but not Sony?

To me, it is either time management, not enough people working on consoles, or simply the partnership with Xbox.

Could be completely wrong, but with only grovestreet games(I believe is the name) working on consoles, would it not be plausible that the Xbox got a little bit more tlc? First? 

It could very well be Sony just doesn't think it is ready. I just find it hard to believe that it would be in good enough shape for a release on Xbox and not PlayStation. Especially if they were submitted at the same time. 

Would love any legitimate info on why PlayStation is delayed. To me, doesn't make sense for it to be ready for Xbox, but not PlayStation or for one to be "verified or accepted" when the other is not. At least not yet. Why are they able to jump through all of the Xbox "hoops", but not the Sony ones? 

Curious indeed. Who knows. 

Much love to the gaming community. 

I think there can be many reasons. Sony could have more security checkboxes to tick because of modding. Microsoft could be more efficient or straight forward in the application process. I would like to know why also but i doubt we will ever hear the exact reason. 

But the blog stated the team is working with sony to get it finalized. That makes me think the game itself is ready to launch.

• Like 2