Official pve only 100tame for tribe???

mircoct

7 minutes ago, Gelantious said:

If you can't orb/cryo dinos then you'll reach that limit very quickly when taming & breeding to get high stats for raid dinos.

Or just for breeding to get mutated colours for players that like that.

Yeah so you kill off the inferior breeds. You don't need to mass breed everything. 

9 minutes ago, Legitarkplayer23 said:

Yeah so you kill off the inferior breeds. You don't need to mass breed everything. 

On ASE I would have 30+ jerboas, my breeding line of boss dinos (a breeding pair of each dino listed below) , my actual boss dinos (20 dinos, 10 rexes, 4 velos, 1 yuty and 5 Deinonychus. Before shadowmanes in gen 2) Wyverns, Direwolfs... The list can go on... 

In PvE you have a lot of time without worrying about someone raiding your base. The 100 limit is just going to mean people will just solo tribe and create alliances. Even then without cryos you are gonna hit dino cap with just your kibble farm and harvesting dinos with a boss team thrown in.

Then you can forget about breeding for colours and stats. 

it is going to be a challenge, but it probably a necessity from a server stability standpoint.  we're just going to have to adjust until cryopods are reintroduced.  

on our server it has prompted a lot more trading and planning.  the neighbor tribe down the shore from us has already stated he's breeding Rexs and we have a deal with them that they'll provide us with Rexs as needed.  we're breeding Baryonix and we'll give share them as needed.  we're looping in someone else who's going to breed Yutys, we're helping him to find a nice high level pair to start.  

• Like 2

ok, for the sake of discussion, with a 100 tame limit how much room does that leave for breeding. a line.

lets use a tribe of 4 people for a test.

each member is going to need a flier, each member is going to need a cave mount, and each member is going to need/want a shoulder pet.  that's 12 dinos.

the tribe is going to need a beaver or mammoth for harvesting wood, the tribe is going to get a doed, for harvesting stone, and an anky for harvesting metal.  they'll also get a theri for harvesting as well.  maybe i'm missing one, lets call that another 5 for harvesting.

their also going to want an oviraptor to pick up eggs, and lets say another 5 dinos for egg production in addition to the other dinos they have.  this is probably very low, but in theory they now have up to 20+ dinos making eggs, depending on gender.

then you have your 20 dinos for a boss fight, lets say that those are not the same as any others currently used.

all told they now have 43 dinos. we all know everyone has a special dino that they just have to tame even though it may not be needed, so lets round this up to 50 to cover things like that, or extra egg layers or whatever other incidentals i may be forgetting.  

that leaves us 50 other dinos that could be put towards breeding.  

at the bare minimum you'll have to keep a base male.  you'll also have your current top stat for each of the stats that you care to mutate (possibly strength, weight, stam, health?). thats 5

you don't want to be dino capped, in case you need/want to tame something new or replace something else you have. so lets stay at a max of 98. 

so in this theoretical scenario, you could have your male breed with as many as 43ish females looking for a mutation.  

when those eggs hatch you'd only be able to claim 1 or two because you'd be at your limit, and then you'd need to kill off your old top stat male to make room for the new top stat male.  it's not great but i guess it's workable.  

personally i don't think i could micro manage my tames to this level.  i'm not going to start breeding to this extent until cryopods are available.

i'm sure someone will disagree with the number of dinos i reserved, this was just me mumbling out a possibility.  obviously everyone plays differently.

@Stewbawl good points. Don't forget water mounts for those caves too. 

100 dino limit will be tough for sure. In the scenario you just brought up for a tribe of 4, it may be necessary to split into two tribes of two...and form an alliance. Especially as you think about bosses. One boss army of rexes doesn't always work. Might need a second army of therizinos to fight dragon for instance. Many people also prefer megatherium for spider.

It might be possible the limit is temporary until they get server stability under control. That does make some sense to me.  Everyone knows how laggy the game can get when you fly over a mass breeder's base, even when server is good. So I'm actually ok with a limit for now.

I guess we can't keep all the cute babies we find 😂

4 hours ago, Stewbawl said:

ok, for the sake of discussion, with a 100 tame limit how much room does that leave for breeding. a line.

lets use a tribe of 4 people for a test.

each member is going to need a flier, each member is going to need a cave mount, and each member is going to need/want a shoulder pet.  that's 12 dinos.

the tribe is going to need a beaver or mammoth for harvesting wood, the tribe is going to get a doed, for harvesting stone, and an anky for harvesting metal.  they'll also get a theri for harvesting as well.  maybe i'm missing one, lets call that another 5 for harvesting.

their also going to want an oviraptor to pick up eggs, and lets say another 5 dinos for egg production in addition to the other dinos they have.  this is probably very low, but in theory they now have up to 20+ dinos making eggs, depending on gender.

then you have your 20 dinos for a boss fight, lets say that those are not the same as any others currently used.

all told they now have 43 dinos. we all know everyone has a special dino that they just have to tame even though it may not be needed, so lets round this up to 50 to cover things like that, or extra egg layers or whatever other incidentals i may be forgetting.  

that leaves us 50 other dinos that could be put towards breeding.  

at the bare minimum you'll have to keep a base male.  you'll also have your current top stat for each of the stats that you care to mutate (possibly strength, weight, stam, health?). thats 5

you don't want to be dino capped, in case you need/want to tame something new or replace something else you have. so lets stay at a max of 98. 

so in this theoretical scenario, you could have your male breed with as many as 43ish females looking for a mutation.  

when those eggs hatch you'd only be able to claim 1 or two because you'd be at your limit, and then you'd need to kill off your old top stat male to make room for the new top stat male.  it's not great but i guess it's workable.  

personally i don't think i could micro manage my tames to this level.  i'm not going to start breeding to this extent until cryopods are available.

i'm sure someone will disagree with the number of dinos i reserved, this was just me mumbling out a possibility.  obviously everyone plays differently.

When you take in consideration, "later on" especially, you will have to account for Rafts, Platform saddles, Stryder, Skiff. I know Stryder/Skiff will be in distant future. But Platform saddles and rafts count for more dinos towards tame limit, right?
If so, if you have a raft and a Bronto + Quetzal with platform saddle, how much will this add up for the dino count? 

Figured out that 1 Raft = 1 Dino count

Edited by SunsetErosion

3 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

It might be possible the limit is temporary...

well, making the assumption that what they have told us isn't changing.  they've stated that all content will be released in coordination with its original map release.  and they've stated that all official maps will be released before the end of the year.  so in theory we'll have cryopods before the end of the year.

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

When you take in consideration, "later on" especially, you will have to account for Rafts, Platform saddles, Stryder, Skiff. I know Stryder/Skiff will be in distant future.

by the time that stryders and skiffs are in the game, we'll also have cryopods.  so that point may be moot.

51 minutes ago, Stewbawl said:

by the time that stryders and skiffs are in the game, we'll also have cryopods.  so that point may be moot.

Well, maybe yes. But they are going to be problematic if they will still have the 20 count. I mean it will be really hard to limit yourself to 100 tames. 1 Bronto With a structure on it. 2 Skiffs. And a Few tames to "defend" your base. You will have to cryo your Eggfarm and Breeders, just to trow out your Boss Army...

That already will be an issue when Platforms still have ?20? as dino count...
I mean, as we are limited not with a lot of things I can imagen people having a "Farm Bronto" and a "Farm/Tame Quetzal.

Farm Quetzal + Bronto = 40 tames ( With platforms)
Minimalistic Egg Farm = 10 tames (All Yutys, because the best kibble is all you need)
Farm dinos = 5 (Anky, Doedi, Argy, Theri, Giga)
Minimalistic Unique/fun dinos = 5 (Unicorn, Galli, ~)
Cave Critters = 5 (Some may have to be stuck or born inside cave)
Functional Animals = 5 (Dung Beetle, Iguanodon, Moschops, Achatina, Procoptodon)
Mimimalistic Boss Army = 15
Breeders = 10 (Original Pair, 8 To use for breeding)

This will leave 5 spots to Breed a new army, before you will have to kill off the old army with old mutations :/

As far as I understand the 100 tame limit is a point based system for platforms only. Stuff like rafts quetzals and racers. Rafts count as 10 towards that limit for each one for example. This makes sense as ase really struggled with having a ton of rafts and platform saddles in the past. 

Edited by RealNomad