ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on Steam!!

StudioWildcard

Well,Well,Well..What can i say that has'nt already been said by many upset and agrey console players..but i'll give yall this for free..i rather wait awhile longer so WC fixes this problem about why the delay with consoles..i rather wait and have a playable game than a rushed broken one..just ask the PC players...i'll just keep on sitting on the fence and watching..good luck to yall..hope asa comes out soon for us console community..but not holding my breath on that.   

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, BaconAndEggs said:

Well,Well,Well..What can i say that has'nt already been said by many upset and agrey console players..but i'll give yall this for free..i rather wait awhile longer so WC fixes this problem about why the delay with consoles..i rather wait and have a playable game than a rushed broken one..just ask the PC players...i'll just keep on sitting on the fence and watching..good luck to yall..hope asa comes out soon for us console community..but not holding my breath on that.   

Hey. Do you believe that they will make it not crushable? If this will true and gen2 will not crush with new engine and "new" server technology, wow. But you are true. Those minority of players here just crying but tend to buy it asap. I wanna see them to develop same game. Lol. I will buy to play with old friend whenever first issue solved, you are right. 

3 hours ago, PLASTICAMAN said:

Please wait till UE5.4 which will allow HWRT Lumen and RT at 60 FPS on consoles or at least wait for full migration to UE5.3 which already has 80% better HW Lumen performance. If not, pls update the game each time there is a UE version. Thanks

A bit unrealistic m8. There will be always next generation so don't ask them to make more delays, crashes and bugs. Accept what they offer or don't play 😉

4 hours ago, Blasta said:

No GamePass for PC? Strange that the original game and all expansions, along with ARK 2 have been confirmed for GamePass, but ASA is not? Definitely holding off on trying it out with all of the bad reviews it's getting until it comes to GamePass.

It's not on gamepass Microsoft would of had in the trailer that showed at xbox event.

12 hours ago, Oreochema said:

The creatures are one of the things I really hope get updates/improvements. The updated textures look pretty good, and the fur/feathers look better, too, but the older models/rigs feel out-of-place in such a lush environment.

And this is okay with me, as I know the focus has been on improving the creature AI, the building system, the menus, and the character creation system. WC had to pick their battles, and rebuilding all those things from the ground up was a big battle. The existing dinos are fine as placeholders, but given their choices to do TLC passes in the past, I'd wager WC doesn't want the existing models to be there forever.

I agree if they are placeholders indeed. It is a bit jarring to see that lovely environment and then seeing the creatures move so rigidly and wonkily on the terrain. Sure UE5 allowed them to remove the specular/normal files need for detail effects like skin folds and scales giving them a more natural look. But the whole artistic design of them was based on those limitations and some look miles better than others. Anything with prominent scales or hard shell/fur all over looks better (say scorpions ,crocks Dinotherium). Others not so much and sea creatures still look really bad.

The thing is, Dinos are the centrepiece in ARK really, so they really do need a proper TLC to also make gameplay have a more lasting fresh feel to it.

5 hours ago, krupi said:

Hey. Do you believe that they will make it not crushable? If this will true and gen2 will not crush with new engine and "new" server technology, wow. But you are true. Those minority of players here just crying but tend to buy it asap. I wanna see them to develop same game. Lol. I will buy to play with old friend whenever first issue solved, you are right. 

I've always dreamt of a noncrushable game.

So many years of my games crushing has made me cold and calloused to the world

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Actually I've seen PC players saying they are spam blocking as much as possible to hurt console players when they finally get access to the cluster. 

Well they can't hurt those that won't buy the game at least. Especially if after months of believing and hoping there were alot of positive changes coming, that there are in fact none, and nothing that we hoped would be fixed and or changed has happened. This is a big fat RIP for ASA.

17 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yup. I watched a bunch of HODs stream. They were in a raft and another guy phased his raft right through their walls.

The hit reg also seems just as bad as ever. They had an argy trapped in their raft and you could clearly see them connecting with arrows but not getting hit markers. 

I'm actually astonished at how little WC has actually fixed from ASE.

Yeah that's just sad. All these "changes" that were supposedly coming set the expecations high, especially my expectations. The main deciding factors as to whether id buy this game is that they fixed meshing, added really good collision to prevent pokers, meshing etc and the end of spam by adding very short decay timers for them.  And judging by responses from you and others, its still the same as ASE. Not good at all. Really not good. I just wish I could tag and dev and ask them why? Because these things are really not okay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

Well they can't hurt those that won't buy the game at least. Especially if after months of believing and hoping there were alot of positive changes coming, that there are in fact none, and nothing that we hoped would be fixed and or changed has happened. This is a big fat RIP for ASA.

Lol. It will be so painful to see pillars XD But honestly. It will be more laggy for both sides and there will be always place for others. Limit 70 vs map area. Just good to know that PC players wanna have more lags. Lol. So stupid

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Vixhanna said:

In the meantime, can you do anything about all the land hogging on the steam version. I tried the servers today and there are pillers everywhere. I'm and many others are confined to rafts right now because we can't build small starter homes on the beaches. It's frustrating.

Won't be any room by the time console folks get access. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Galexme said:

...can't people just move further inland? That is what I do, I'm a console player though so what do I know.

They should. On ASE, a lot of that land was pillared off too. Easier for an experienced player. Nearly impossible for someone new to the game.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Trixs3y said:

I thought WC said there be a separate servers for console players?..cause this is one of my main hates about this game i love..also will prim+ be in the pipeline down the track?

There will be more than one cluster. You can choose to play with the PC folk or just consoles. 

3 hours ago, Vixhanna said:

In the meantime, can you do anything about all the land hogging on the steam version. I tried the servers today and there are pillers everywhere. I'm and many others are confined to rafts right now because we can't build small starter homes on the beaches. It's frustrating.

Could you take some screenshots and upload them so community members and the devs can see? It's an important issue that really needs to be put under the spotlight and addressed.

dear wildcard,

Are we going to get any new servers if so is there an eta. this is an honest question I understand Nitrado has full control when it comes to servers. it seems like majority of server crashes could be prevented by opening some new servers to disperse the load. i'm sure you all are very aware that there are hundreds if not thousands in que constantly attempting to join servers.

Thanks, dodo

Ok now this is just hilarious. Why even bother to introduce crossplay at all if you knew somewhere along the line there was never going to be a same day release across platforms? It’s not like you lot didn’t know until the very last second that there would be troubles. Now your console consumer base will be more or less relegated to playing the console only servers because, as other people have pointed out, console players will do their damndest to deny the console consumer base access to anything. This is on top of having at the bare minimum a month’s head start since we all know the release date in November will turn into the release date in December. My heart goes out to the poor console playing fools that actually decided to jump over to ASA.

I really like the new and improved Graphics ect however i hope you guys and gals are really going to address the issue of tribes already placing triangle tructures all over to stop people from trying to build anything in areas around them. Fyi im not talking just close to their base these structures span out in a huge area... Like i said i like the game been playing since ark first released

so finnaly fixed the drm and etc etc... I have gotten my server up but it wont show up in the unofficial section..

Sad part is there are some german peeps actually finding it despite it not showing up in the ingame listing...

Nitrado spies?

what console command can I use to actually connect to it now when I had to pw restrict it ?

I was using "open <ip>:<port>" to connect to it before but how do I attach the pw to the command line?

I have tried

open <ip>:<port>:<pw>

open <ip>:<port> <pw>