Smile! ASA certification builds have been submitted 🙂

StudioWildcard

I am a very mildly annoyed that the Ark 2 models weren't used. This is because most of the new Prehistoric/Extinct dinos look pretty out of place compared to the old ones.

Basically the new ones are accurate Dinosaurs with an slight bit of Awesomebro in there

The old ones are just straight up Awesomebro style Dinosaurs

Other than that though, this is very good :)

13 hours ago, thebluejayraptor said:

I am a very mildly annoyed that the Ark 2 models weren't used. This is because most of the new Prehistoric/Extinct dinos look pretty out of place compared to the old ones.

Basically the new ones are accurate Dinosaurs with an slight bit of Awesomebro in there

The old ones are just straight up Awesomebro style Dinosaurs

Other than that though, this is very good :)

Why would you use models for a separate game when remastering a separate game? Ark 2 models show a progression of the Ark species after living on the new planet, wouldnt make sense to use them in Ark 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:28 AM, HeavenlyXInglex said:

Wait as long as you like to release ASA. Just don't sunset official servers again. You have done it now twice with official servers for ASE. 1st time being when ASE came out of Early Access, the 2nd was the final time 2 weeks ago. 

If I am gonna play ASA from launch, I will want to know that it won't be a repeat of ASE. Being a PvE player, this will be a huge kick in the teeth, like it was the first time it happened. 

#NoMoreSunsets

sadly you mean 3 times...
1 time: Early Access
2 time: Legacy servers

3 time: 2 weeks ago

13 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Why would you use models for a separate game when remastering a separate game? Ark 2 models show a progression of the Ark species after living on the new planet, wouldnt make sense to use them in Ark 1

Look at the Carcharodontosaurus, then Look at the Giganotosaurus. Both fill the same role but look completely diffrent, maybe not use Ark 2 models but instead remodel most of the current dinos to have that same 50% Awesomebro and 50% Accurate vibe that the new ones like the Dinopthecus and Carcharodontosaurus have

EDIT: Also didn't Sega reuse models for Sonic Frontier's Cyberspace levels for the sake of "Convienence", the point is it kinda does make sense when you compare the old Dinos to the new ones

Edited by thebluejayraptor
Re-enforcing my arguement :)

3 hours ago, thebluejayraptor said:

Look at the Carcharodontosaurus, then Look at the Giganotosaurus. Both fill the same role but look completely diffrent, maybe not use Ark 2 models but instead remodel most of the current dinos to have that same 50% Awesomebro and 50% Accurate vibe that the new ones like the Dinopthecus and Carcharodontosaurus have

EDIT: Also didn't Sega reuse models for Sonic Frontier's Cyberspace levels for the sake of "Convienence", the point is it kinda does make sense when you compare the old Dinos to the new ones

Sure some of the models could use some updating, but you seem to be ignoring my point of the models in Ark 2 look different for a reason. Also using the word "accurate" when it comes to things extinct pre-human history(exceptions like mammoths clearly), is like pissing in the wind because nobody has seen them alive to confirm these "accuracies." 

2 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Sure some of the models could use some updating, but you seem to be ignoring my point of the models in Ark 2 look different for a reason. Also using the word "accurate" when it comes to things extinct pre-human history(exceptions like mammoths clearly), is like pissing in the wind because nobody has seen them alive to confirm these "accuracies." 

Also Arks Creatures areen´t accurate, because they have been geneteically modified or are made up. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

Also Arks Creatures areen´t accurate, because they have been geneteically modified or are made up. 

100% this, all the genetic code has been edited by the Overseer's and such to make the creatures more susceptible to being "tamed" and modified appearances/abilities for their environment 

19 hours ago, Ferchi said:

sadly you mean 3 times...
1 time: Early Access
2 time: Legacy servers

3 time: 2 weeks ago

I join official PvE servers a little before scorched earth released. I know of the sunset of, the then, official servers that became legacy servers which they eventually shut down. And the sunset of official servers that happened recently.

If there was another time they done it, I don't know of it. 

I have very fond memories from legacy servers and official. The way each server is shaped by the people on it.

I just don't want to keep restarting from scratch every time they feel like it. If I did then I'd go play PvP.  

The way people were heart-broken when offical servers were shut down, leaving somewhere they have spent significant amounts of time, is understandable. 

I don't play ark unless it's official. I get bored when I play unofficial.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike585x said:

They actually never shut them all down, there were many still around until the end. Even highly populated still! I was able to log into my legacy character (still there) about 2 months ago.

My bad.

But I was there for the migration of so many arks when they shut most of them down. No meks or anything to pick up your base, just dinos and mats you could transfer. 

8 hours ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

My bad.

But I was there for the migration of so many arks when they shut most of them down. No meks or anything to pick up your base, just dinos and mats you could transfer. 

Yeah I know the feeling, I myself had to up and migrate everything completely twice before I finally gave up after my stuff eventually decayed. After that, I only migrated my character to "safe" servers and after slowly transitioning/surpassing my legacy character on the new Official heh.

That's also why I don't like the idea of ASA not keeping the Official servers around to do the same transition. But ah well, I got the Official servers up and running in a cluster now XD

Perhaps someday I'll transition over... But also only once I find out if they are going to sunset ASA servers the same way after it leaves early access...

Edited by Mike585x

On 10/21/2023 at 1:57 AM, UDGxKnight said:

Accurate is sort of a term for lack of a better word, we'll never know what these animals really looked like, but we have Animals like Mircoraptor (Which was irridescent black) and Sinosauropteryx (Which was red with white stripes on it's tail)

On 10/21/2023 at 4:00 AM, Vaskur said:

I know that, but I'm saying making them fit in with the newer Dinosaurs. Here's a comparision between the current Giga and the Carcharodontosaurus (With the "accurate" versions too)

ARK: Survival Evolved - Giganotosaurus Transparent by Lukiethewesley13 on  DeviantArt

New vanilla Carcharodontosaurus : r/ARK

Now here's the "accurate" versions

Fabio Alejandro on X: "Giganotosaurus has integrated into the paleoculture  as one of thelargest theropod comparable to T. rex. Itself is alone a large  formidable carcharodontosaur being the peak of ecological dominanceCarcharodontosaurus - FossilEra.com

The Carch is fairly accurate, the spikes are the only Awesomebro thing about it. The Giganotosaurus however is much more like T.rex, has larger arms, pronated wrists, and is a lot more chunky.