Movement Speed Changes in ASA

TankinTBone

dropping a pt with a bow and some tranqs isnt hard whats hard is survivie against everyone else and yes its not that bad of a problem unless you play repetitively and realize its getting old getting rammed by everything gets old because the game is sided to players that are in tribes and the players that dont play the game on official or they dont take it as serious they make a stone hut tame a few dinos and are happy and thats fine, but thats not my situation.

2 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Yep, is was mentioned in the latest CC as a change for ASA

Pff, its a shame. But somewhat reasonable. Leveling up speed is the first thing I would have done normally. Compared movement speed of raptors is quickly surpassed , 115+ or so... Leveling speed to 140 will actually eliminate most threats because you can just walk away and combat (so also precautionary behavior) doesnt have to really be an option anymore...

-> Its not unrealistic though to have a movement speed based on Armor weight... Why wouldnt they implement a system for that? Will take some time to figure it out and balance it, but would be really worth the effort I think...

Armor class Speed "impactweight":
Armor Total impactweight 0 -> speed 120%
Armor Total impactweight 2.5+ -> speed 115%
Armor Total impactweight 4+ - Speed 110%
etc

Costum Equipment that has special impact/weight on speed reduction:
Flippers -> Weight 3
Scuba Tank -> Weight 2
Shields -> Weight 3
etc

1. Naked, speed 120% -> Stamina drain 60%
2. Cloth, Speed 115% -> Stamina drain 75%
3. Hide, speed 110% -> Stamina drain 90%
4. Fur, Speed 80% -> Stamina drain 120%
5. Desert, speed 110% -> Stamina drain 80%
6. Ghilly, speed 100% -> Stamina drain 100%
7. Chitin, Speed 95% -> Stamina drain 105%
8. Flak, speed 90% -> Stamina drain 110%
9. Hazard, speed 95% -> Stamina drain 110%
10. Scuba, speed 95% -> Stamina drain 110%
11. Riot, speed 80% -> Stamina drain 115%
12. Tek, speed 100% -> stamina drain 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Good riddance. It's silly that you can level up movement speed to the point nothing is a threat anymore. It's a good decision. 

True. But beeing dependant on movement speed for your survival/progress is in reality mainly only a early game issue...
Movement speed is something that we should be able to boost/adjust in my opinion, one way or another. Beeing able to build and train a survival-character is making choises. Removing movement speed altogether makes builds maybe too plain. There arent that many skills determing your survival abilities overall. Yes there are Food and Water but those can be practically ignored. So its HP vs Melee, and a lack of stamina forcing you into combat...
You shouldnt ever be able to outrun a Saber or Raptor. Doesnt make any actual sense, but
in a game where self-preservation is a main theme, one should consider beeing able to train yourself to get faster.
Not Raptor fast, but maybe just fast enough to trick a Raptor yourself...

Though, Bring those softcaps all the way.
Or something like first lvl +5 movement speed, 2nd level +4, 3th +3 etc

Edited by SunsetErosion

6 minutes ago, Zentgraf said:

Leveling of movement speed on creatures and players will be disabled on Official Network. Unofficial can change this via configuration.

So I think the speed stat will be staying in the game, it'll just be wasted stat points on Official.

If so, too bad, really... 
Especially for dinos.
In Dutch we have this saying: You dont miss what you dont know/have. But well, its the other way around...

Only good changes !

The best is : disable levelling movement

Is the best addition to make the dinosaur threat interesting (the basis of a survival game). Whether it was for PVP or gun duels, it made no sense because of the insane speed of the players + the server lags made everything unplayable.

Or for PVE, the survival side, where each dino will become a threat, the more complicated taming. It will change that just spawn take a few note runs, put the levels in speed and no longer be afraid of any dinosaurs.

Maybe just increasing the default speed very slightly would be a good idea (10-20%)?

The cave nerf is great too.

The only point where I am divided are the cryopods, I see a lot of positives, but also negatives, such as those who do not have the time to breed them, or the storage of dinos for those who have a small base. Being able to steal other players' dinosaurs by killing them or raiding their base is also a huge miss.

Maybe think about leaving the cryo but with a nerf?

Please, in any case don't go back for player speed despite the few cries, everyone I know agrees that it's an excellent addition whether for PVP or PVE, and we had already been talking about it for years that it would be the best thing for ark where the dinos were no longer a threat.

Thanks !

7 minutes ago, creamly23 said:

Only good changes !

By far, the best is : disable levelling movement

Is the best addition to make the dinosaur threat interesting (the basis of a survival game). Whether it was for PVP or gun duels, it made no sense because of the insane speed of the players + the server lags made everything unplayable.

Or for PVE, the survival side, where each dino will become a threat, the more complicated taming. It will change that just spawn take a few note runs, put the levels in speed and no longer be afraid of any dinosaurs.

Maybe just increasing the default speed very slightly would be a good idea (10-20%)?

Please, in any case don't go back for player speed despite the few cries, everyone I know agrees that it's an excellent addition whether for PVP or PVE, and we had already been talking about it for years that it would be the best thing for ark where the dinos were no longer a threat.

Thanks !

100% agree, best change ever !!! 😄

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Movement Speed Changes in ASA
2 hours ago, AUTO6 said:

I'm ok with no more movement speed leveling but how will people steal wyvern eggs on Scorched Earth in ASA official servers if argy will be too slow to run away?

You use other tactics to deal with the wyverns then. Last time I did a Scorched playthrough I simply set my boss fighter rexes & a daedon near the trench, and lead the wyverns into rex pile; was good way to farm talons and level the rexes up too.  Or you could set up turrets near the trench. Or use mass flock of argies to kill wyverns.  Or you can get good at leading the wyverns into other wild creatures to lose aggro, etc. 

• Thanks 1