What is the all time best map to store all your tames?

DinotrainerEX

Gen2, in my opinion.  It has huge flat areas for building big dino display bases, resource gathering for most items is trivial, especially once you get a stryder, and once you run some missions & get a hex reserve you can always buy meat or berries for trough filling, if you are too lazy for meat run. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DinotrainerEX said:

me and my friend have been trying to beat the entirety of ark, but we want to have a map to bring all of our important tames to. we been thinking fjurdur, but would another map be better?

Yes, like the Dreadcthulhu guy says. Gen2. It has a lot of Map boosts activated by completing missions, that will make a lot of things easier, like leveling them, breeding them etc etc...

Crystal Isles simply because there is a large section of the map where no hostile creatures spawn (as mentioned in the post above me it is also flat) so you have plenty of space to store your creatures without worrying or building.  Ragnarok has the same with a very large system of islands.  I have a lot of dinos but even I have plenty of space for all of them there.  The other benefit of ragnarok is there is also a large body of water in the middle of those islands.  Manta do spawn in there but i put a squid on aggressive in there and it seems to do the trick.  you can also close off the bay on either end between the 2 islands and have a good bit of space but there is also a cave on the oposite side of the island near the light house that can be closed off and is safe for your water babies as well as a nice cave in the trench that you can breed your megachellons in safely.

Edited by ReiOni

Me here really wishing for more deep river locations where the banks are steeper and such in maps so I can have bases with sea access/at least enough depth for medium and potentially to large sea creatures. So most of the locations aren't just secret hidden coves that require Cryopods to transport them anyway, or beachside areas where the shore is too slow in slope to accommodate the aquatic creatures very well.

In my experience Ragnarok and Crystal Isles are both the best options for Prime base location with creature storage, I would mention Fjordur possibly if I knew anything about it but I've never played on it as I don't prefer it and despise it's style of topography and easy grocery shopping for dlc creatures. Although some may argue it could be the best area to raise all creatures due to the staggering amount of resources available including those that usually are exclusive to others (Nameless Venom as an example).

Ragnarok may be old but it's been the most popular and beloved map for so long and still is because it was the first to truly expand the Ark map design style of terrain onto a bigger scale in a way that works, unlike maps like Hope or Crystal Isles the maps land allows you to use nearly every creature in the game to traverse the map and get where you want with the exception in non connected waterways of aquatic dinos (still wanting a better and big enough connected water system to actually use in the inner parts of the map of at least one game map Wildcard) The sprawling amount of space that also has flat and clean areas makes it perfect for setting up places to hoard your dinos and still have enough space to have wings where the loading can be reduced by spacing out the areas.

Crystal Isles I would not usually bring up for any benefits but if there's one thing this map has, it's space, and varieties of space as well, it has some of the best water mixing with easily build able locations where it is deep enough to park Aquatic dinos and their Semi Aquatic cousins/guardians, many of them far from any natural threats and it has plenty of places for Cliff Platforms. It's also a more relatively recent map so it has quite a few resources at your disposal.

The best will depend on what you might value more in terms of things besides just a place to build.

For example -

Specific Resources

Map Size Based Travel Time

Types of Dinos

Dino Raising Convenience (Specific Diets like Rock Drakes or Wyverns, Lava for Magmasaur Breeding etc)

Raw Flat Space

Spawn Level Strength (Basically the power creep of how each new map gets higher and higher chances of spawning high lvl dinos)

Native Tames (Particularly for map specific ones or non-breedables like Griffins, Basilisks)

I would evaluate if you guys want anything in particular then go over the maps and possibly their resource lists etc to find the best option

• 2 weeks later...

For my money, it's gotta be Fjordur. There's plenty of spaces that have few threats and nice real-estate. That island to the east, the larger "cave" on the swamp island, basically any village space (Especially the walled one in Asgard). For most of those places, just get a few smaller guard creatures like Kentros or Velonos and you'll never have to worry about anything. 

• 2 weeks later...