Community Crunch 372: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

9 hours ago, Duffmek said:

says the person 'facepalming' every other post till they run out of emotes..... even ones that have more info than what WC have shown us in this post ....... 

No insults! You can give your opinion, but it have to be in a respetfully way. If your don't respect me, i'll report you for bad behaviour.

22 hours ago, 8illIon said:

The majority is unhappy about the result on all announcement sites.

The ark subreddit is going crazy, the majority on the subreddit definitely do not like the creature. Quote: "Agree 100%, and I think the votes must have been altered either through youtubers or botting as I fail to believe that there’s that many braindead bots going around voting for the biggest, most gamebreaking, overpowered giga killing monstrosity every single time. Really frustrating, would have loved to see the jumping spider win :(" end quote. (the quote is from the subreddit)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

I never read the abilities anymore cuz many times wildcard has just ignored things which are put in (fair enough to them) and I don’t want to get hyped based on abilities that might not make it into the game.

I always vote based on whether the creature looks cool or fun to play with

If you really base your vote on just how cool the creature looks, then you are over looking the fact that Wildcard has specifically stated that they take inspiration from the creature submissions, and their comment sections, for what to do with the creature if it wins. So we get a close approximation to what we ask for if it is realistically doable. More than a few of my ideas were adapted in the rhynio.

And if you base your vote on how fun the creature looks to play, then unless you are assuming every creature plays specifically similarly to the most bland versions of creatures, meaning flyer plays the same as argent, crocodile is sarco, carnivore is rex, and so on for all the most featureless types of Ark creatures, then you are judging creatures fun potential on the proposed abilities on an unconscious level. Ark players see a dossier, and instantly translate the check mark, or XX next to icons, and the little action sketches. Do not underestimate your ability to register abilities you glance over in a submission, and how that affects your judgments. 

So if you are really just voting based on the pictures, and are not even seeing the abilities, and features at all, then you are missing the point of the vote. We vote on the features we want in a package that we will accept. The rest is up to Wildcard.

Wild card and snail games. Stop beating around the bush give us information that is needed. What are console players going to do about save files. You have to give us something. And what are people going to do who don't want to start from the beginning you have to answer some of these questions.Tell the  community that you say you care about so much  something. The people who are on ASE and on console we need more answers. What you're giving us is irrelevant.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't think console players can access saved files in SP mode or store them on their console.  Sony will never allow access to files.  Console owners will therefore have to rely on paid servers such as Nitrado.  Not like on PC.  In order for a console to play on an external computer as a host for WC/SG consoles, it would need to provide a server image to be installed on its own computer in order to host unofficial servers for the console.  But WC/SG won't do that either, because it makes a profit from the license for every single slot rented on Nitrado.  And here's another problem, how will WC/SG solve it?  No how for what.  But as you can see, WC/SG is full of excitement about selling ASA.  For him, the community is apparently a client buying ARK, and once installed, this new client ends up in our ARK community and at this point for WC/SG he is no longer a member of the community.  And this is due to the fact that they can read several topics to write any Crunch.  However, I doubt they would engage someone to read and tell them what their community expects from a creator.  Currently this link is broken and not working properly.  "We talk about cold and WC/SG talks about water" xD

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, NotAtAllMalicious said:

The ark subreddit is going crazy, the majority on the subreddit definitely do not like the creature. Quote: "Agree 100%, and I think the votes must have been altered either through youtubers or botting as I fail to believe that there’s that many braindead bots going around voting for the biggest, most gamebreaking, overpowered giga killing monstrosity every single time. Really frustrating, would have loved to see the jumping spider win :(" end quote. (the quote is from the subreddit)

Don’t worry I’m very upset at how these vote are done, and I do believe the Maevia Eureka got cheated out of being the winner and was number 1 through 7 rounds but that’s fine the devs and who ever don’t want to put in what the MAJORITY of the community want, I don’t have to buy their game when they release it, it’s quite simple all they care about is your money like anyone else so if they don’t want to add Maevia Eureka like they did with Carcharadontasaurus just don’t buy the game and let’s get everyone to boycott Ark ascended and do the same, I honestly feel this is worse than any rigged vote I’ve ever seen, so they ruined the creature votes for me, I won’t be buying Ark ascended and why do the devs want start during creature submissions all of sudden after the game been out for years? They should’ve done creature votes like this a long time ago, they’re only doing this so people buy Ark ascended but if they’re not going to add the creatures that the majority of the community want I will not support Ark ascended and will not buy it and I recommend if you want them to listen to us their player base everyone should do the same

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

Don’t worry I’m very upset at how these vote are done, and I do believe the Maevia Eureka got cheated out of being the winner and was number 1 through 7 rounds but that’s fine the devs and who ever don’t want to put in what the MAJORITY of the community want, I don’t have to buy their game when they release it, it’s quite simple all they care about is your money like anyone else so if they don’t want to add Maevia Eureka like they did with Carcharadontasaurus just don’t buy the game and let’s get everyone to boycott Ark ascended and do the same, I honestly feel this is worse than any rigged vote I’ve ever seen, so they ruined the creature votes for me, I won’t be buying Ark ascended and why do the devs want start during creature submissions all of sudden after the game been out for years? They should’ve done creature votes like this a long time ago, they’re only doing this so people buy Ark ascended but if they’re not going to add the creatures that the majority of the community want I will not support Ark ascended and will not buy it and I recommend if you want them to listen to us their player base everyone should do the same

Sounds like you are the problem and you are just salty your favorite creature didn't win.  The most liked creature won. Most of the Owl votes went to Yi Qi because they are both birds. 

This voting system gives a more accurate representation what the community likes the most.

15 hours ago, NotAtAllMalicious said:

You are blatantly lying here. The Yi Qi is a Deinonychus-tier creature. You also ignore arachnophobes and people who prefer dinosaurs over insects and other nasty stuff.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:54 PM, Indozilla said:

Maevia Eureka should be added just like they did for Carcha as an extra, it has been in the top votes so many times and fits PERFECTLY for Aberration. Congrats to Yi Qi and if they make it similar to the submission it will be a dope creature.

So should've the Gorgonops, but hey hoo. Always Crystal Isles for the Jumper, or Lost Island. Just like Extinction for Gorgonops.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Flygon79 said:

I agree 🕷👍

21 hours ago, schnuggelmaus39 said:

i agree too👍😃

I, don't Agree, I did vote the jumper for Ab at my number 2 slot, because I wanted the Owl. But I thought the jumper might win so I put it at number 2. Now I have a slight bit of arachnophoba when I play games (IRL I have Arachnophobia to a fair extent). So, I am sad the Owl lost, yet grateful the jumper didn't win.

Congrats for the yi qi, I hope WC will do a excellent work on it. Honestly, I didn’t want a climber for aberration I knew that will ruin the map, but I hope that yi qi won’t climb and glide but something more like « slow down his fall » and a super jump like the shadowmanes and procoptodons, not too high but enough to take the high ground or being in the air. The perfection will be something like the managarm but with only one jump. What I want is more like a terrestrial creature who can jump in the air and slow down his fall to shoot the ennemies. 

6 hours ago, akosmc5 said:

You are blatantly lying here. The Yi Qi is a Deinonychus-tier creature. You also ignore arachnophobes and people who prefer dinosaurs over insects and other nasty stuff.

I was quoting someone from the ark subreddit, that was not my opinion it was an example of how the majority  of the subreddit is unhappy with the results, hence why I said quote unquote, and used quotation marks. 

On 7/30/2023 at 10:30 AM, akosmc5 said:

I don't think he's ignoring it as much as giving an opinion. I mean I have arachnophobia (not as severe as some arachnophobes, but above the average fear of spiders or some that say they are.), and I voted the jumper for my #2 pick for it as a creature I want, not because it looks cool, but because it fit with that environment of Ab and honestly Ab need a good spider. It needs something to give a jump scare. It honestly lacks that something in the dark corner a spider gives. Since the only all cave map has no spiders at all. It doesn't have any Thylas even for its redwoods so its kind of nice of a map if you avoid the Basilisks and Raptors. And you also underestimate Deinonychus, I kill Gigas with them often so he does have a point to call this possibly a 'Giga Slayer'.  They are pretty Game-breaking creatures as a good pack can melt the dragon in seconds. So, you both are right to extents.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:40 PM, Hermes1111 said:

No insults! You can give your opinion, but it have to be in a respetfully way. If your don't respect me, i'll report you for bad behaviour.

My guy, that wasn’t an insult. It wasn’t even aggressive. Dude pointed out what he saw was happening. If you perceive that as an insult then that’s your own problem. All you’ll get out of reporting someone because you were too quick to jump at someone’s disagreement not being to your tastes is a mod laughing at you and ignoring it at best or a strike against you at worst for wasting time on a false report

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I like the chosen creature, though having another option to glide around  might somewhat diminish the more grounded feel/style of this particular map. The creepy crawly spiders might have been a better fit, alas...maybe they could at least TLC the current spiders( I mean come on now, a spider that doesn't walk on all surfaces? ) to be much better looking and useful/interesting without having an overlapping creature.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1