Community Crunch 372: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, Akarulez said:

Nobody has cared about your spider that is essentially gonna be eaten by the Megalosaurus easily. I convinced my 200 friends to vote for Yi Qi first, spider for the last and they changed their vote before posting for me.

when someone manipulates their friends and pretends what they have to do, that's not honest.  and first of all it's not my spider and secondly i'm not alone with my opinion either.  please leave the church in the village

• Like 1

Very disappointed with this winner - yet ANOTHER raptor looking dino? Come on...I love raptors but even I think that's boring. While it's a perfectly servicable design it's still just more of what we have already...basically a microraptor, deinonychus, rockdrake crossbreed. Totally shocked it got this many votes - don't people want some more variety? I expected Maevia to lose to Chimera if anything...

The way the voting works seems questionable, Maevia was clearly winning for the majority of the votes and has been popular in multiple community votes - at this point I really feel like it should be added as an 'honorable mention' bonus dino. It's very disappointed to see such an interesting/unique creature design being repeatedly screwed over like this.

Edited by Kaiarra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Congrats Yi Qi, RIP koolasuchus. I liked the feather marking idea from the Yi Qi suggestion, but I won't lie I don't like the idea of another glider in Aberration even if it is strictly worse than the Drake. A massive part of the map's progression is getting a Drake to fully master travel. It's very possible that Yi could open the map up too early/without the dangers of getting the first Drake if it also keeps the stamina-recovering wall cling and the upwards dash.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Francis27 said:

Please, give information about the data saving of the official servers in the host/local mode of the consoles (Ps4,Xbox). We need that information before the closure of the official servers. We don't want to lose all our stuff.

@WILDCARD

Please, please, please, PLEASE!!!

Don't make your Community believe that you are completely ignoring us because of the marketing line you have chosen to follow, it makes us feel frustrated / deceived and makes our trust (and hope of regaining it) fall more and more into the abyss..

What I personally think: WILD-CARD a few years ago was born from "nothing" creating a game with a concept and mechanisms that proved to be engaging and suitable for many types of audience (builders, hunters, farmvillers, PvPers, explorers , etc.), conceived with the StarWars mentality of elaborating the entire Plot but released little by little to give longevity over time and to increase the interest of the Survivors from time to time who developed an ever greater Evolutionary sensation with each subsequent map. this has allowed ARK to gain its share of the market and to keep sales high over the course of almost 10 years both with new players (many of whom are involved with already Survivor friends) and with those who had fallen in love with ARK and continued to play it for all these years buying all its DLC to enjoy it to the fullest [and, either with the contractual % of third parties such as Nitrado or even GamePass itself] ; I mentioned that almost 10 years have passed, a "whole generation in gaming terms",

but.....

IF TODAY ARK:SE IT NEVER EXISTED YET?? If you started from scratch in vision of the next "video game generation" as well as 8 years ago, you can get the same results (taking into account that today they also have already tested data, more experience in the field, better technology, ideas/suggestions/criticisms/defects already known)? PROBABLY YES...

If ARK came out as a new game today instead of 8 years ago, what reason would prevent it from achieving the same success??

We are sincere and aware that today we don't have a valid alternative similar to ARK as a whole...we also know that the next Generation of Consoles won't take too many years to arrive, and we know that the arrival of UnrealEngine5 is giving resulting in a leap in quality to current products .... in anticipation of acquiring the "new public" this is therefore the time to "anticipate any competition" by seeking one's own exclusive.

Yes, in reality there are also other factors to weigh the risk: Ark is not out today for the first time, all existing players are excluded from the sales count if we assume that WC expects to get the same results as if starting from scratch? ...Yes and no..

+ A slice of the Community will not buy ASA for various reasons (disappointed in treatment expectations or in the management of problems and bugs; economic question of purchasing a new Console/PC; does not want to play this game over again or had already changed game for some time *; some prefer to continue their own ARK:SE Servers)

+ Another slice of the Community will buy it in the hope of getting improvements (graphics, technical, new implementations, future new maps, so a further enlargement of the game, even *those who changed their game might want to buy the revamped and expanded Ark)

= Well, if we put ourselves in view of opening a new market from "zero", then we are already starting with +1 slice earned by those who already know Ark and want to buy its new version (also bringing along some old/new friend, then buyer)

Ok, the above is what I want to take into account in this message excluding judgment on right or wrong WC's handling the situation and especially the information, but I started this message asking you to LISTEN TO YOUR SURVIVORS [ [your audience...your Lenders!!]]

TRUST is the most important point of all:

-- there was/is the question i of the ASA price for THOSE WHO ALREADY OWN ARK:SE (<--- I highlight for the avoidance of doubt, those who had already paid ARK and will have to pay the full price again) and there are a thousand ways to incentivize us to compare it more honestly in our regards (e.g.: you have Byronic Skin Dinosaurs in the Store, create in the Store a "Paid Set" of Dino Variants among the existing ones useful to speed up the new ""Restart"" (Anky-Decu-Stego-Argy _ Magma-Maewing -Gacha _ etc.) that have some better specs/stats than the original Dinos and make these Sets free to ARK:SE owners while still having an extra cash left for you in the Store; it's just one example out of a thousand that could be suggested) ) paying homage to the loyalty of those who have already supported you and would not hesitate to continue if only they kept TRUST in you...

-- you're forcing the hand of that slice of us who structured their game in the Official Servers by categorically closing them, when there would probably be a way to group and keep at least a small part of them for those who won't have the chance to get ASA regardless; taking the perspective of "starting from scratch" in NextGen, it may be that you will be right in strict terms of Marketing, but on the scales you are putting another slap on Trust! ..even the future one.

-- Save Data: DID YOU SCHEDULE A MARCH-31ST RESCUE??! Are you already doing some intermediate savepoints? But above all: given that many of us demotivated Ark:se has been keeping their bases active for 4 months so as not to ruin YEARS of their game and will certainly continue for other months by now (more and more demotivated by further delays but having to refresh the Decay Timers and Dino), is it possible to receive some updates on the possibility of playing them without having to pay to rent them? And which "dates" will we have access to? ((if we had news that today our worlds have already been saved, you would immediately see a sudden release of Servers/Resources, as well as doing a big favor to those who have already organized their own Servers and have waited with confidence for these Save Data))

-- there are also other pending issues: Mod.io had been announced for Ark2 and it would seem a Sponsor accepted by many, for ASA instead Overwolf received heavy criticisms (even when one of its operators tried to intervene once here in the Forum, then vanished into thin air since then, school "we too learn how NOT to know how to win Trust"), here complete silence and another punch in the stomach for many.

-- Cross-Platform AntiCheat? It is assumed that you will also open "NON Multiplatform Servers" for those who use Consoles to not meet with PC Cheaters, any info about it? what is it and what does it do? Which Cheats will it be able to block?

Surely I'm leaving out other points [the Animated Series? Does it exist or is it just a sort of publicity gimmick?] but it is already evident that the major "DEFECT" is the lack of communication, which turns into a lack of involvement and trust ....

If you have not been able to respect a date or solve a specific problem or anything else: tell us about it, explain it to us, let us know and also participate, Trust is also won BY FACING TOGETHER the ongoing issues, certainly not with "silence and we hope you forget".......

I won't go any further and end here [[...still Confident..]] my appeal to @WildCard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, donkeykong69 said:

leave it to the ark community to continue to add flyers, even on a map about cave creatures. a perfect opportunity for a cute spider but nope another bird creature. last win was another winged creature and now another. the center will be the same. i hate the ark community. all they vote for is flyers and bird like creatures.

I'm more concerned about Herbivores almost allways losing in the first few rounds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

What I personally think: WILD-CARD a few years ago was born from "nothing" creating a game with a concept and mechanisms that proved to be engaging and suitable for many types of audience (builders, hunters, farmvillers, PvPers, explorers , etc.), conceived with the StarWars mentality of elaborating the entire Plot but released little by little to give longevity over time and to increase the interest of the Survivors from time to time who developed an ever greater Evolutionary sensation with each subsequent map. this has allowed ARK to gain its share of the market and to keep sales high over the course of almost 10 years both with new players

14 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

TRUST is the most important point of all: -- there was/is the question i of the ASA price for THOSE WHO ALREADY OWN ARK:SE (<--- I highlight for the avoidance of doubt, those who had already paid ARK and will have to pay the full price again) and there are a thousand ways to incentivize us to compare it more honestly in our regards (e.g.: you have Byronic Skin Dinosaurs in the Store, create in the Store a "Paid Set" of Dino Variants among the existing ones useful to speed up the new ""Restart"" (Anky-Decu-Stego-Argy _ Magma-Maewing -Gacha _ etc.) that have some better specs/stats than the original Dinos and make these Sets free to ARK:SE owners while still having an extra cash left for you in the Store; it's just one example out of a thousand that could be suggested) ) paying homage to the loyalty of those who have already supported you and would not hesitate to continue if only they kept TRUST in you..

I realize that using the translator from this page, some parts of the text are cut, I report them here hoping that they are translated correctly and in full.

EDIT: I can't display the full text if I activate Translator on this page, when I move from English to my language some blocks of text are cut off, but when I switch it back to English I see that the message is whole.

2nd EDIT: I've just discovered that if I go back to the text written in English, I highlight (as if I wanted to use "copy") all the cut part, then try again to change the translation to my language, the whole text appears. So highlighting everything before translating prevents blocks of text from being cut ((why does this happen?))

Edited by CervantesMor

31 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:
- there was/is the question i
of the ASA price for THOSE WHO ALREADY OWN ARK:SE (<--- I highlight for the avoidance of doubt, those who had already paid ARK and will have to pay the full price again) and there are a thousand ways to incentivize us to compare it more honestly in our regards (e.g.: you have Byronic Skin Dinosaurs in the Store, create in the Store a "Paid Set" of Dino Variants among the existing ones useful to speed up the new ""Restart"" (Anky-Decu-Stego-Argy _ Magma-Maewing -Gacha _ etc.) that have some better specs/stats than the original Dinos and make these Sets free to ARK:SE owners while still having an extra cash left for you in the Store; it's just one example out of a thousand that could be suggested) ) paying homage to the loyalty of those who have already supported you and would not hesitate to continue if only they kept TRUST in you..

Altro pezzo... :(

Edited by CervantesMor
I try... the traslation cut the message...

I was wondering, why don't we add a kind of loser's round of voting? Or, why not create two slots, one for losers who lost the previous election, and one for new voters? Then at the end, we should elect the first runner-up from the two. Or, we could implement the two first-place winners in a friendly manner. I don't think it's fair to take an idea that was defeated and put it on a different map with slight changes, while keeping the supporters of the defeated idea with you and still participate in the election. I understand that the cheetah of the owl people and the spider of the idol people are both always at the top of the list, and I understand the feelings of their supporters, but isn't it bad to fill up an important slot in the election? It would be a waste to kill new ideas, and banning defeated ideas from participating in the election again would offend their supporters, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be a solution to have a separate election quota? Or, why don't we quit the current way of voting? If we vote one by one, people won't scream "funny" or "fraud". Well, I guess it would take a lot of time and effort...
This is a personal thought, but if you really, really want to make sure that the ASA is not just a piece of artwork with improved image quality, I would like to see a revival election for each map of ideas that lost the election. To be honest, it is really atrocious when an idea that was originally supposed to work on a map reappears on another map with a few changes or distortions... And really, don't destroy new ideas on that map... If you really want to be honest, add all of the top 10 or even the top 5....
I've heard that the creatures selected for this election must have a net gun for their taming, that spiders like the idol of all places wrap gacha and other production creatures in cocoons and hang them, that gacha will be added in extinction, and that the engrams that reform elemental dust into elements, such as the mined creatures in this case, are only available for dust because of the extinction engrams....... Even if you can get the dust, it can only be used for custom recipes. Yes, none of this will be all that powerful when the aberration is implemented. Are you nuts? Really... The election we're working on now is an election that will be added to the ASA, remember? Shouldn't it be tied to only the engrams available on the target map at the idea submission and collection stage? It's good to be able to expect more success later on, but if they can't be active or stand out in the initial target map when they are added, don't you think there is no point in winning the election as the face of that map at all?

19 hours ago, LuckyPed said:

Congratz to Yi Qi :D

But I'm pretty bummed, oh well, it's a shame the Jumping Spider not win, I really wanted it...

To be honest the reason it didn't win is most likely similar to some other community vote... the way this voting system work, usually the majority first vote won't win.

Like the Number of People who wanted The Jumping Spider most of all as their #1 is more than others. (6760)

but since Jumping Spider was Top voted in the forums submission, many people who don't like it but like other things, put the spider at their very last Vote under everything else so the other creatures have more chance.

this make the #1 most popular creature to not win when all the other votes are summed up together, the most popular is always the unluckiest one.

I mean I can't blame people who do this, I also did this before for other creatures that were #1 in submission vote but i didn't like them, i put them in the very last even tho they were not the most disliked creature by me i just want them to have less chance and my preferred one to have more chance.

Oh man THAT makes so much sense in why the #1 on the forum has NEVER won! I kept thinking it always seemed sooooo fishy to me because obviously a large crowd likes it to get it to #1 but then come Ranked Vote it never has won a single one. BUT if people prefer another and are like "well we KNOW people will vote for this, I better put it last" that makes a lot of sense why being first on the forum is "cursed"! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, miu1103 said:

I was wondering, why don't we add a kind of loser's round of voting? Or, why not create two slots, one for losers who lost the previous election, and one for new voters? Then at the end, we should elect the first runner-up from the two. Or, we could implement the two first-place winners in a friendly manner. I don't think it's fair to take an idea that was defeated and put it on a different map with slight changes, while keeping the supporters of the defeated idea with you and still participate in the election. I understand that the cheetah of the owl people and the spider of the idol people are both always at the top of the list, and I understand the feelings of their supporters, but isn't it bad to fill up an important slot in the election? It would be a waste to kill new ideas, and banning defeated ideas from participating in the election again would offend their supporters, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be a solution to have a separate election quota? Or, why don't we quit the current way of voting? If we vote one by one, people won't scream "funny" or "fraud". Well, I guess it would take a lot of time and effort...
This is a personal thought, but if you really, really want to make sure that the ASA is not just a piece of artwork with improved image quality, I would like to see a revival election for each map of ideas that lost the election. To be honest, it is really atrocious when an idea that was originally supposed to work on a map reappears on another map with a few changes or distortions... And really, don't destroy new ideas on that map... If you really want to be honest, add all of the top 10 or even the top 5....
I've heard that the creatures selected for this election must have a net gun for their taming, that spiders like the idol of all places wrap gacha and other production creatures in cocoons and hang them, that gacha will be added in extinction, and that the engrams that reform elemental dust into elements, such as the mined creatures in this case, are only available for dust because of the extinction engrams....... Even if you can get the dust, it can only be used for custom recipes. Yes, none of this will be all that powerful when the aberration is implemented. Are you nuts? Really... The election we're working on now is an election that will be added to the ASA, remember? Shouldn't it be tied to only the engrams available on the target map at the idea submission and collection stage? It's good to be able to expect more success later on, but if they can't be active or stand out in the initial target map when they are added, don't you think there is no point in winning the election as the face of that map at all?

I can definitely understand some of this line of thought. There's a few that have KEPT ending up in the top because the community wants them so bad in the game. And sometimes it does feel like they eat up spots for other cool ideas. I've wanted the Bison from the start. I also really like the last refined idea for the gorgonopsid. And I wanted the Jumper sooooo bad this time. But we should, at some point, just get to vote on the order in which these "constant top 10" get added to the game because OBVIOUSLY people want them...they keep showing up. And then if we GOT them (even slowly over time) we could have some of the brand new ones popping up be the top competitors for the new maps. 

• Like 1

Nooooooooooo! *dramatic cry* SOOOOOOO CLOSE! 

Nothing against the Yi Qi as it's interesting that there once existed a dragon the size of a house pet that could have been a shoulder pet in Ark...though this submission blew the real animal up and made it more than just the "oh cool it looked like a little dragon" the real animal was, but I was SOOOOOO hoping for the Maevia! She's everything the current spiders lack and I know how much she means to Sovira. I wanted her soooooooo bad!