Community Crunch 366: Introducing Fasolasuchus!

StudioWildcard

2 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

I'll be honest, I'm not fully convinced the purist paleobiology crowd are ever gonna get that kind of fix from a sci-fi dinosaur game. If you want a dinosaur that behaves strictly like a dinosaur probably did, the ideal game for you is most likely The Isle (which I imagine you have tried :P ), not Ark. Doesn't mean you're not welcome in Ark ! But clearly the goal is to be "out there", these are dinosaurs in space...
The behaviors you describe... are not those found for the Anky at the moment in the game. I took the Anky as an example on purpose because it's a basegame creature ; and it's already too out there for you, it looks like. Even if it got a TLC for ASA, I don't think the Anky would get this TLC and behave that way in ASA. Creatures in Ark don't have threat display (they either attack or they don't), territory markers, or mating rituals. It's just not that game. It could be cool if some of these things were added... just not at the expense of the game it already is. And don't forget, creatures' abilities are to be used, not just looked at and collected ; if I have to mark my Anky's territory in order to farm a couple of nodes of obsidian, it makes grinding even more of a chore than it sometimes already is. At the end of the day, people need to farm their crystal, and metal, in order to build their bases, craft their turrets, and so on. That's the game Ark is... at least until ARK2 comes out sometime in 2045 and maybe shakes things up.

But I do understand part of the concern, don't get me wrong.
The by-product of people very often giving priority to carnivores in this community is that WildCard feels the need to up the ante. Carnivores, unless you decide (like the proposed Majunga or Miracino for instance) to make them relatively weak, and be more utility tames, are creatures that at this point will always try to overdo some of the existing ones. Hence why people have also been trying to promote herbivores and omnivores, who are expected to introduce different abilities and hopefully be less OP.
That said, I think some unrealistic abilities, though not biologically accurate, could be toned down for a future creature or two. As an example, I'd be more than game for a creature that harvests decent amounts of Organic polymer and turns Organic polymer into solid Polymer. Or a creature that's a living trough. Or a creature that acts as a portable bed without any timer. Would these be a realistic ability ? Likely not (...although I'm no paleobiologist :P ), but it would serve a purpose in gameplay, wouldn't be redundant with existing creatures (because at this point, why tame the new creature when I already have a dino at base that does the same thing...), and would avoid being some sort of flying-Giga-destroyer-that-can-carry-Rexes-and-kill-Deathworms ! :D ...with the most annoying taming method on top of it.

There is a middle ground to be found, for sure :) 

Played the isle back when Dondi was on his big power trip. Those were...dark days to say the least. I primarily get my pure Dino fix now from PoT which is pretty satisfying. As for the anky behavior I was more so going back to what I was talking about regarding how the game version could have abilities one could feasibly see in a real world counter part since both are built for thumping things really hard. The ankylosaurs big enough to ride were absolute units of muscle and hardened plates so I could definitely see them being able to crack at least some types of stone. A middle ground is definitely what I feel the game needs, if only to make people more inclined to try and actually enjoy the game for what it is rather than trying to fast track their way to the end game. If the ideas you suggested one acting like a portable bed in particular seems like a really good one. My guess for that would be something from the pleistocene era, perhaps diprotodon, or maybe even add the haast eagle and give it a roosting ability where it covers the player to let them sleep like it would a chick so you have an incredibly mobile bed if you decide you prefer the nomadic life rather than making a permabase where people could bother you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JustCallMeAL said:

Wow, I’m really Impressed by this awesome creature like seriously this creature is super cool and is something I’m already loving a ton for sure! I would like to ask how you can submit a creature for the votes? In case if one’s does happen again I would like to submit something. Just hoping to get some help with that. 

Every Friday by 2pm Hawai’i standard time they post generally a new crunch if you scroll through it there will be a link that has creature submissions forum. Go there and scroll to bottom. Submit a suggestion is at bottom. You can also vote for your favorites already in there in hope they get to top ten  here you can vote for more than one. Next map I believe they are doing is aberration. If you want to have a chance at winning POST WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS OF THE CRUNCH RELEASE. hope this helps!

soooooo nice sand shark copy will wait to see its 'actual' 3d / in game version since the flying swimming new bug was oversized / undersized /shrug on the diagrams lol.

lol hold up a min ... 'next wipe on beginner servers August 11' ...... hmmm why even waste the time wiping when you know its supposed to be shutting down later that VERY month  hmmmmm either not thought out, or is there something that they are not telling us lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CampJz said:

Every Friday by 2pm Hawai’i standard time they post generally a new crunch if you scroll through it there will be a link that has creature submissions forum. Go there and scroll to bottom. Submit a suggestion is at bottom. You can also vote for your favorites already in there in hope they get to top ten  here you can vote for more than one. Next map I believe they are doing is aberration. If you want to have a chance at winning POST WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS OF THE CRUNCH RELEASE. hope this helps!

Thanks! I’ve been working on something and I really want to have a shot at putting it in game 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

Underneath the vote it has a spot that says click here, try that, it should take you to the "rigged" thied party website to vote. Just saying ranked vote is kind of bad, and someone's last choice can take precedence over their second, so... just saying

I did try that but it seemed to stall out too, whereas in the last votes it hadn't. Part of me worries that if I try too many times, too, I might be "duplicating my vote" and thus "disqualifying" it :/

19 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

I can't believe there are still children trying to bring up the old PvP VS PvE dispute. Enjoy what you enjoy, it doesn't lesser your experience of the game if someone else plays a different mode. This is an 8yo argument, grow up already.

There's a difference between physical accuracy (which historically Ark has always taken a creative licence with), and ability accuracy. I don't think there has ever been a crystal-harvesting Ankylosaurus IRL ! But obviously it's a game, so creatures need to be doing a variety of things (and if they do what another one already does, people simply don't use it). If they were all realistic in their abilities, all the carnivores would be meat farmers and all the herbivores would be berry farmers and we'd do everything else by hand. We'd have fewer reasons to tame most of them.
That's where the balance is to be found, imho. You could have an accurate creature visually that does crazy things with a laser-like barrier, or reads another creature's health chart, or turns into a catapult, and I'd be happy with it :) 

My only issue with the design of the Fasola so far (we haven't seen a 3D model afterall, and there's always a few adjustements at that stage) is that it doesn't really look like the creature we voted for. WildCard tells us "vote for the species, not the abilities"... and two weeks later we find they changed the visual concept of the species. Doesn't fully make sense.
...which leads me to :

All excellent points. +1 to everything.
I didn't submit anything for Rag, so I have no Equus in this race this time around. But it's clear to me that if you're not one of the very first submissions posted AND you're not someone known in the community, you may just as well submit a picture of your cat. There needs to be a way to work around these inherent biases, and you listed a few of them (and it's not the first time people bring it up).
On top of that, it might be nice to have a cutoff date for submissions that is set a few days before the end of the votes ; WildCard could then post a recap (just the picture and the link to the thread would be more than enough imho) of all the creatures submitted in the shorter time frame, to all give them equal visibility before ending the votes a few days later.
This time around I found amazing and/or original submissions that had zero chance of getting into the Top10 because noone knew they even existed...

Also I still think that WildCard should allow us to vote on one of the abilities/attacks that a creature ends up with. My proposed process : once a creature is "elected", WildCard would show us the concept art for it once it's ready, and go : "so this creature will do this for the main ability, that for the alternative ability, and you tell us what else it should do : A, B, C or D ?". That way they would keep their control over the balance and implementation, but we would have a say in abilities of "our" community creature.
It would make easier to separate the creature from the ability. So many submitters have great ability ideas to choose from, and it's hard not to be influenced by them when voting on a creature. Almost nobody exclusively looks at the picture provided, everyone has opinions about abilities.
...If only because we almost all have abilities we'd like to see in the game, regardless of which creature carries them (for instance I'm very pro-tracking preys that are awake ! and it doesn't matter to me if a Notho or a Majunga or a Miracino has that skill).

EDIT :

Yes, on Twitter.

Hey, thank you SOOOO much for the Twitter link! THAT one said "thanks for voting" after I hit submit so it seems it definitely took my vote THAT time! Also, I don't HAVE Twitter and never have had it so I had no idea it was sitting there for almost a week before they put it up in the community crunch! ><

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Played the isle back when Dondi was on his big power trip. Those were...dark days to say the least. I primarily get my pure Dino fix now from PoT which is pretty satisfying.

Oh yeah, Path of Titans, I forgot about that one but I did hear it was pretty good :)

A middle ground is definitely what I feel the game needs, if only to make people more inclined to try and actually enjoy the game for what it is rather than trying to fast track their way to the end game.

Eight years in, I think that raft has sailed ; plus you can't exactly shape how OTHER people prefer to play a game whose biggest strength is how flexible and sandboxy it can be. Which is also why it's so hard to please everyone : noone plays the same game !
Some survivors play Ark for the endgame (and in PvP it seems hardly avoidable if you want to survive against other people who aim for endgame), some people like to build, some people are in it for the lore, some people are serial tamers, and a huge plus of the game is that you're never trapped in one single playstyle, either...

The best thing to do at this point is to give people as many options as possible, and make sure each family of players gets stuff they enjoy. So I hope you still find things to enjoy when you play Ark :) 

If the ideas you suggested one acting like a portable bed in particular seems like a really good one. My guess for that would be something from the pleistocene era, perhaps diprotodon, or maybe even add the haast eagle and give it a roosting ability where it covers the player to let them sleep like it would a chick so you have an incredibly mobile bed if you decide you prefer the nomadic life rather than making a permabase where people could bother you.

Funny you should say that, because I had in mind a creature like the Harpymimus or Byronosaurus, so we seem to be on a (relatively) similar wavelength ! Sleeping on a bed of feathers, literally XD
I think it'd be the kind of ability that both PvE and PvP people can use, too. See, that's what I wish WildCard would take into account more often : at this stage creatures don't have to be massive flesh devouring beasts to be useful to the players. Finding the right niche of behavior that hasn't been expanded on yet is more than enough to make a cool creature.

Speaking of which, I happen to be a huge believer in increasing nomadic gameplay ! I also don't understand why we have creatures with platform saddles so late in the game, when people basically already have at least an outpost by the time they can tame a Megachelon. By the time you're taming your first Paracer, you OBVIOUSLY already have at least a mortar and pestle built somewhere...
And even if people don't want to play nomadic, a lot of nomadic abilities are useful if you're out taming, or raiding, or farming... The possibilities are very large for very different players to enjoy that. 
Sometimes I wish WildCard said : "ok, for this update/TLC/DLC, we're gonna focus on this theme for abilities", and we'd have a batch of creatures with a range of nomadic abilities (growing crop plots on the go, bed on the go, maybe even generator on the go), or of explosion and gun abilities (I'm sure you don't like that one 😅), or of bench replacement abilities (...we have creatures that can work as a smithy, but none for cooking pot, fabricator, beer barrel, etc.), etc. With the right balances, all these would expand gameplay so much ! And instead we get... Mr. Flying Shrimp over here :P 

• Like 6

It is a dinosaur that it is noticeable that it made an effort to do it but it is also noticeable that it implements nothing new to the game when it enters the arena it is like the basilisk and the form of tameo is a combination of the tameo of the phoenix and the golem or the astrocetus (whale) however it must be said that it will be a very good dino

On 6/17/2023 at 5:21 AM, ladyteruki said:

There's a difference between physical accuracy (which historically Ark has always taken a creative licence with), and ability accuracy. I don't think there has ever been a crystal-harvesting Ankylosaurus IRL ! But obviously it's a game, so creatures need to be doing a variety of things (and if they do what another one already does, people simply don't use it). If they were all realistic in their abilities, all the carnivores would be meat farmers and all the herbivores would be berry farmers and we'd do everything else by hand. We'd have fewer reasons to tame most of them.
That's where the balance is to be found, imho. You could have an accurate creature visually that does crazy things with a laser-like barrier, or reads another creature's health chart, or turns into a catapult, and I'd be happy with it :)

Yes, there is. And yes, You are absolutely right.

BUT (there is always a but)

I think there is a delicate balance between "this critter will make a paleontologist cry of joy" and "this thing looks more like a pokemon on acid, with lasers on the head".

And in my opinion they are leaning more to the acid side of things.

Sure, no Ankylo would go out mining stuff irl. At the same time, they are reasonably accurate in game, have the same constraints (more or less) that we think about irl (heavy, slow, no agility, hardened) with this one ability created, to game play. And I'm fine with this.

Or the Therizinos. Their claws can't slash or puncture (too fragile for this), and I really doubt that they would go out of their way to collect wood, fiber and thatch - not to mention they didn't have beaks. But gameplay, poetic license and all that.

But now I think they are taking things too far. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PaleoGamer said:

BUT (there is always a but)

I think there is a delicate balance between "this critter will make a paleontologist cry of joy" and "this thing looks more like a pokemon on acid, with lasers on the head".

And in my opinion they are leaning more to the acid side of things.

I think I see what you mean. It feels like the acid (as you call it) aspect of things would be less tempting if the creatures weren't so big, and so... carnivore-y. When people vote for a massive carnivore, it seems complicated for WildCard to end up saying : "we've seen your giant meat devourer monster, and we've decided the new creature is the best FIBER HARVESTER you've ever seen, and also it replaces A SALT VESSEL". That'd obviously disappoint. People voting for big carnivores expect them to behave like a monster, basically. But so, what if they didn't vote for one ?
This might just happen this time around, actually ; Ragnarok doesn't have many of those in the Final 10... We'll see. Hey, we can't always have the same type of creature at each Community Vote, right ?

It'll actually be interesting to see Aberration's submissions, when they come up ; it's just my theory of course. Think of the parameters specific to the map. Because Aberration has a tradition of light shoulder pets, but all official maps afterwards had none or just one shoulder pet (and no new light pet, shoulder or otherwise), I suspect a lot of people will submit a light shoulder pet. Full disclosure, personally I'm planning to, and I hope the 2 people and a half who will see it will like it :P .
Plus this is not really a map fit for massive creatures, given the terrain : some parts have a really low ceiling, there are constraints to navigate some of the zones like the blue one and all its bridges and giant roots, and flyers are obviously out of question. That should leave us with some more reasonable options (meet me here in a few weeks/months to make fun of my wrong prediction !).
Of course, someone is bound to come up with some BASILISK DESTROYER!!! or REAPER COUNTER!!!, and inevitably PvP people will like that. But I expect some original options to appear too. And once we have smaller creatures, even though Aberration is itself quite an acid map, things might just get less acid-y.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Of course, someone is bound to come up with some BASILISK DESTROYER!!! or REAPER COUNTER!!!, and inevitably PvP people will like that. But I expect some original options to appear too. And once we have smaller creatures, even though Aberration is itself quite an acid map, things might just get less acid-y.

Maybe my use of "acid" was not as good as I thought. Maybe "on steroids" would be more accurate.

Basically I'm complaining about both the unreal things and the "one-upmanship" thing: it is always a bigger, stronger, OP dino. There is very little balance, it is always "bigger and better at everything". Where's the fun?

To introduce new dinos is a great thing - but they should all have tradeoffs.

Take the Rex: it's a great tank and does a ton of damage. But it's slow as molasses, burns stamina like nothing else and isn't great to precision.

Raptors are fast, can jump, are nimble and let You use Your guns while riding - but they are weak and don't carry much.

Therizinos are well rounded jack of all trades: they don't tank as well as Rexes, aren't as nimble as Raptors, don't have weight reductions and collect wood and berries at an astonishing rate. But they do it all these things worse than any specialized dino would.

And now... we have something that carry more than a Quetzel, flies, swims, atacks, defends and... I don't know. Makes toasts? Brings me breakfast on my bed? It is way overpowered - that is, until the next one-upmanship creature comes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:16 AM, ladyteruki said:

Oh yeah, Path of Titans, I forgot about that one but I did hear it was pretty good :)

Eight years in, I think that raft has sailed ; plus you can't exactly shape how OTHER people prefer to play a game whose biggest strength is how flexible and sandboxy it can be. Which is also why it's so hard to please everyone : noone plays the same game !
Some survivors play Ark for the endgame (and in PvP it seems hardly avoidable if you want to survive against other people who aim for endgame), some people like to build, some people are in it for the lore, some people are serial tamers, and a huge plus of the game is that you're never trapped in one single playstyle, either...

The best thing to do at this point is to give people as many options as possible, and make sure each family of players gets stuff they enjoy. So I hope you still find things to enjoy when you play Ark :) 

Funny you should say that, because I had in mind a creature like the Harpymimus or Byronosaurus, so we seem to be on a (relatively) similar wavelength ! Sleeping on a bed of feathers, literally XD
I think it'd be the kind of ability that both PvE and PvP people can use, too. See, that's what I wish WildCard would take into account more often : at this stage creatures don't have to be massive flesh devouring beasts to be useful to the players. Finding the right niche of behavior that hasn't been expanded on yet is more than enough to make a cool creature.

Speaking of which, I happen to be a huge believer in increasing nomadic gameplay ! I also don't understand why we have creatures with platform saddles so late in the game, when people basically already have at least an outpost by the time they can tame a Megachelon. By the time you're taming your first Paracer, you OBVIOUSLY already have at least a mortar and pestle built somewhere...
And even if people don't want to play nomadic, a lot of nomadic abilities are useful if you're out taming, or raiding, or farming... The possibilities are very large for very different players to enjoy that. 
Sometimes I wish WildCard said : "ok, for this update/TLC/DLC, we're gonna focus on this theme for abilities", and we'd have a batch of creatures with a range of nomadic abilities (growing crop plots on the go, bed on the go, maybe even generator on the go), or of explosion and gun abilities (I'm sure you don't like that one 😅), or of bench replacement abilities (...we have creatures that can work as a smithy, but none for cooking pot, fabricator, beer barrel, etc.), etc. With the right balances, all these would expand gameplay so much ! And instead we get... Mr. Flying Shrimp over here :P 

I agree that ASA can be used as a soft reboot gradually changing, expanding and enhancing many of the features present to diversify gameplay. Especially given that each map will get a separate release  gradually down the line. I always thought it was a bit odd that saddles in general didn't have an expanded system for upgrades with pros and cons. Eg. starting off with an easy to make at low lvl leather saddle or wooden platform, then having the ability to upgrade them with metal/chitin for more armour etc and add modifications for extra storage/spikes/mesh(avoid being picked up by flyers) etc at the cost of something like speed/weight and so on. 

So, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they should be basically doing TLCs that focus on specific aspects/mechanic/environments each time evolving and expanding the gameplay and not just creatures. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

So, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they should be basically doing TLCs that focus on specific aspects/mechanic/environments each time evolving and expanding the gameplay and not just creatures. 

Plus, there are tons of creatures that have been completely sidelined over the years, and could be perfect for this kind of stuff. Especially after the kibble rework, but also by the addition of new, shinier creatures. And so, what if the Troodon or the Morellatops or the Roll Rat got TLC'd that way ? Instead of being just there, and noone except a few niche (mostly PvE/SP players) taming them out of affection...
Kraken's Better Dinos actually accomplishes that for several of them (although KBD's TLCs are not really themed). But an example I always use is the Pachyrhino's abilities in KBD : they still revolve around its gas-emiting poofs, but now it also has a Food Drain pheromone that is EXTREMELY useful while taming, even now that the Sanguine Elixir exists. Now to me, this is a utility that adds something to the game cleverly (and without disfiguring the existing characteristics of the Pachyrhino). I never go out without a KBD Pachyrhino in my inventory, nowadays !
That's exactly the kind of TLC I think about when I picture my ideal creature TLC. Like you said, it's rather a soft reboot. 

Imagine that KBD Pachyrhino ability becoming basegame... coupled with another creature that lowers torpor (we already have some that increase it afterall), and a creature that delivers just the right amount of kibble/food to an ongoing tame without you having to monitor it. That'd be a cool trio of interwoven abilities (especially if used with existing ones like the Kentro for protective spikes), covering all kinds of taming needs, for creatures that are currently abandoned by survivors. Everybody wins !

I also extremely agree with your stance on saddles. And I suspect WildCard does too, given how saddles would apparently work in ARK2... but we don't need to wait half a decade until that comes out in order to enjoy a bit more flexibility in that regard.

7 hours ago, PaleoGamer said:

Basically I'm complaining about both the unreal things and the "one-upmanship" thing: it is always a bigger, stronger, OP dino. There is very little balance, it is always "bigger and better at everything". Where's the fun?

That's true. But I think that's a by-product of adding ONE creature (...that we know of, at least).
People, including WildCard, think of a large set of abilities that end up making creatures absolute multitaskers, because there is no other new creature to share all the abilities with. And also because, well, we're only getting one (and it's gonna be a pain to tame; which is a pet peeve of mine really), might as well make it worth it.

TLCing existing creatures, as I hope is gonna happen in ASA, will hopefully help with that. But we have little reason to be confident about it for now, given that we know close to nothing about ASA and especially its creatures.

And now... we have something that carry more than a Quetzel, flies, swims, atacks, defends and... I don't know. Makes toasts? Brings me breakfast on my bed? It is way overpowered - that is, until the next one-upmanship creature comes.

In French we'd say that it also "makes fries", instead of toast, but I get you :D 
That's absolutely true. I'm not a PvP player but I feel like a creature like the Fasola will mostly upset/shift their meta, instead of joining the existing ecosystem ? We'll see. But it's gonna render other creatures meaningless, at the very least.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1

I think there is always a trade off and limitation of how many truly different creatures can be successively added without overlapping capabilities too much.  I always kinda thought that each story map should have mostly it's own unique pool of dinos/creatures to add a more distinctive feel and allow devs to switch around the type of creatures utilised avoiding the overlap. Possibly even add buffs/debuffs on creatures depending on their native biome etc. Not allowing creatures types not in the (all round creature pool) native to the map to be transferred. Then have effectively a free for all creature transfer in the non-story DLC maps like it is now where you're not really concerned about limitations accommodating all tastes.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

I think I see what you mean. It feels like the acid (as you call it) aspect of things would be less tempting if the creatures weren't so big, and so... carnivore-y. When people vote for a massive carnivore, it seems complicated for WildCard to end up saying : "we've seen your giant meat devourer monster, and we've decided the new creature is the best FIBER HARVESTER you've ever seen, and also it replaces A SALT VESSEL". That'd obviously disappoint. People voting for big carnivores expect them to behave like a monster, basically. But so, what if they didn't vote for one ?
This might just happen this time around, actually ; Ragnarok doesn't have many of those in the Final 10... We'll see. Hey, we can't always have the same type of creature at each Community Vote, right ?

It'll actually be interesting to see Aberration's submissions, when they come up ; it's just my theory of course. Think of the parameters specific to the map. Because Aberration has a tradition of light shoulder pets, but all official maps afterwards had none or just one shoulder pet (and no new light pet, shoulder or otherwise), I suspect a lot of people will submit a light shoulder pet. Full disclosure, personally I'm planning to, and I hope the 2 people and a half who will see it will like it :P .
Plus this is not really a map fit for massive creatures, given the terrain : some parts have a really low ceiling, there are constraints to navigate some of the zones like the blue one and all its bridges and giant roots, and flyers are obviously out of question. That should leave us with some more reasonable options (meet me here in a few weeks/months to make fun of my wrong prediction !).

Honestly I'm thinking the jumping spider will finally have its time to shine when the Ab vote happens, if only because as a concept it makes for a nice travel mount until you can get a rock drake (hell, they'll probably make that easier too). What worries me however is the nexxus crowd. Dude made a last second submission for rag and the only thing that stopped him from sweeping was the fact that his fans didn't realize there was a post number requirement stopping them from just mindlessly voting his honestly lackluster suggestion to the top. Seriously the guy had over two thousand comments, translated to votes this would have been a done deal. Me thinks they should up the number of posts required by another five just before the votes and not say anything. Keep the voter pool for those that are actually active on the forum and not just some rabid sycophant doing what their YouTube daddy says.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dont need more dinos. need more furnishings, food options and building textures. more bugs to be fixed. love to have better ways to build. said it before ... think about pulling in the things we loved in Cedrics Primitive+, as well as Ecos great things and so many other mod items the PC people have had access to for YEARS. give some of that love over to the consoles. none of these dinos is an addition to the current managerie. Love the buffalo though. still waiting for the cheetah.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 12:09 PM, Duffmek said:

soooooo nice sand shark copy will wait to see its 'actual' 3d / in game version since the flying swimming new bug was oversized / undersized /shrug on the diagrams lol.

lol hold up a min ... 'next wipe on beginner servers August 11' ...... hmmm why even waste the time wiping when you know its supposed to be shutting down later that VERY month  hmmmmm either not thought out, or is there something that they are not telling us lol

I smell a delay on ascended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

What worries me however is the nexxus crowd. Dude made a last second submission for rag and the only thing that stopped him from sweeping was the fact that his fans didn't realize there was a post number requirement stopping them from just mindlessly voting his honestly lackluster suggestion to the top. Seriously the guy had over two thousand comments, translated to votes this would have been a done deal.

Concerns like this have been raised since the very first Community Votes and WildCard doesn't seem to care about the content creator popularity contest of it all.
That said I'm always a bit puzzled to see how few votes it takes to become one of the Final 10. Not only would it be easy to upset that vote (especially now that the votes are more regular), but it also shows that a minority of people are essentially picking the creature for all the playerbase.

(God, I hope not the Maevia, we already have spiders at home, just TLC the damn Araneo instead... XD )  

1 hour ago, PeachSalad said:

dont need more dinos. need more furnishings, food options and building textures. more bugs to be fixed. love to have better ways to build. said it before ... think about pulling in the things we loved in Cedrics Primitive+, as well as Ecos great things and so many other mod items the PC people have had access to for YEARS. give some of that love over to the consoles. none of these dinos is an addition to the current managerie. Love the buffalo though. still waiting for the cheetah.

Not mutually exclusive !
I do wish Prim+ structures were incorporated into the game, but WildCard also said Prim+ would not go to ASA as a mode, so I doubt they're gonna work on the assets much. But that'd really be great if it became basegame, even if they use a combination of normal resources.

23 minutes ago, Gerard0002 said:

Only one underwater creature... ARK needs an upgrade for underwater life!

Agreed. The underwater as a biome needs a rework, not just adding new creatures. Like, add some water-specific resources ! Kelp for instance. Make it easier to live underwater early game (instead of waiting for a platform saddle and/or tek). There is zero incentive to play underwater for most players at the moment.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Concerns like this have been raised since the very first Community Votes and WildCard doesn't seem to care about the content creator popularity contest of it all.
That said I'm always a bit puzzled to see how few votes it takes to become one of the Final 10. Not only would it be easy to upset that vote (especially now that the votes are more regular), but it also shows that a minority of people are essentially picking the creature for all the playerbase.

(God, I hope not the Maevia, we already have spiders at home, just TLC the damn Araneo instead... XD )  

Yeah but man is it getting crunchy and in my opinion more out of hand with each vote. First we had sinomacrops being added despite it losing, then there was the whole P.Atrox kerfuffle, now the nexxus thing. Something needs doing or by the time a gen 2 vote rolls around things will be so far gone the forum will resemble a text based representation of mad max. Also despite not every planning to get ASA and thus never being able to interact with it I probably wouldn't mind seeing the spider make it in; if only because knowing arachnophobes will be shrieking in terror at them warms the shriveled black lump that passes for my heart.

• Haha 4

Well... something only needs to be done if you care about trying to keep things fair. Not entirely sure WildCard is interested. They have changed the voting system once to include a ranking of the Final 10 and seem to consider the job done.

50 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

if only because knowing arachnophobes will be shrieking in terror at them warms the shriveled black lump that passes for my heart.

I'm not an arachnophobe (I hate ALL creatures with more than 4 legs equally), but I'll give you a preview : 😱
Enjoy !

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Well... something only needs to be done if you care about trying to keep things fair. Not entirely sure WildCard is interested. They have changed the voting system once to include a ranking of the Final 10 and seem to consider the job done.

I'm not an arachnophobe (I hate ALL creatures with more than 4 legs equally), but I'll give you a preview : 😱
Enjoy !

Sad but true. Hopeless believer in fairness that I am I know I'm only screaming into the wind. The sampling of terror you have provided me was sufficient. With it I will be sustained for another year.