Community Crunch 363: Rhyniognatha Teaser, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 5/30/2023 at 7:01 AM, Noffek said:

können Sie die Erstattung des Kaufpreises abzüglich einer Nutzungsentschädigung verlangen

This is unfortunately the key - Refund, less "compensation for use". So getting a refund now on a game bought 5 years ago ends up as zero $. The people most upset about ASE are those that have several years of progress on official servers that is no longer going to be available to them (especially console players - yes PC people can copy the saves and run a private server to continue with). But the fact of "several years of progress" ends up weighting compensation for use, which ends up in 0 $ refund.

In all events it can be argued that the game does NOT have a fatal flaw - because it still runs every day and has done so for many years.

Never mind all of that - the issue is that Ark is going out of support - so all debates around this kind of approach is not really relevant. By choosing to make ASE end of life, Wildcard no longer has any obligation towards that product.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:20 PM, Rhaya said:

There already is a a huge advantage to old players vs new players in ASE currently. What would be the difference? The difference would be no massive bases, no top stat dinos, and no slaughtering of new players because they haven't had the time to build up. Everyone would have to start over with everything except levels and tek unlocks.

Also, there is an advantage for old players in ASA as us old players know all the spots on the maps, how to power level characters, how to mass breed dinos quickly, how to get artifacts and tributes easily, and how to defeat bosses easily. ASA will be a race to the top depending on who has what knowledge and how well that knowledge is used. Knowledge, in itself, is a huge advantage, especially in pvp.

Yeah agread with you, but in ASE thats another thing bc mega tribes has the better stuff compared to who start with nothing unlocked, in ASA everyone will start from scretch, but in other hand ypu have the mega tribes who will be a big advantage over solo players, bc their members, and also knowledge is another factor to look like you said.

10 hours ago, Mihcail said:

Yeah agread with you, but in ASE thats another thing bc mega tribes has the better stuff compared to who start with nothing unlocked, in ASA everyone will start from scretch, but in other hand ypu have the mega tribes who will be a big advantage over solo players, bc their members, and also knowledge is another factor to look like you said.

Knowledge will most definitely be the thing that screws over the new players. People tend to gloss over the fact that just because everyone will be a Bob again doesn't mean it will be equal footing across the board. Take a long time player and a new player and give them both the task to kill the other at the end of the week and the long timer will likely have sniped the new guy who came with a spear and slingshot with a longneck from cover the second the clock strikes 12

no idea what everbody has been up to playing the game in the recent years,
but most of all of this discussion is useles to me, and I dont even care what the topic of the current crunch is, or lets say it is truly irrelevant

you play pvp? cool, move along who cares about whipes

but ppl playing pve for almost a decade, adopting given game mechanics, taming and breeding dinos to an extent, sharing colors on animals, having a good time playing over different maps

this is what the game made a thing to me

clearly its the lack of perspective everybody obviously deals with.. otherwise we wudnt read ppl who claim to be hurt by others posting things they dont want to read

same for me, I got a clear perspective, and I dont understand a lot of (to me) unimportant stuff that been talked about here.. but u cant tell me (and Im even taking ppl from other modes of play into this) you dont understand what a shutdown of anything ppl did within 7 years means  to these ppl

#saveofficialservers

Edited by HotblackDesiato
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, HotblackDesiato said:

no idea what everbody has been up to playing the game in the recent years,
but most of all of this discussion is useles to me, and I dont even care what the topic of the current crunch is, or lets say it is truly irrelevant

you play pvp? cool, move along who cares about whipes

but ppl playing pve for almost a decade, adopting given game mechanics, taming and breeding dinos to an extent, sharing colors on animals, having a good time playing over different maps

this is what the game made a thing to me

clearly its the lack of perspective everybody obviously deals with.. otherwise we wudnt read ppl who claim to be hurt by others posting things they dont want to read

same for me, I got a clear perspective, and I dont understand a lot of (to me) unimportant stuff that been talked about here.. but u cant tell me (and Im even taking ppl from other modes of play into this) you dont understand what a shutdown of anything ppl did within 7 years means  to these ppl

#saveofficialservers

Oh my God you are so right this is an outrageous thing that they're trying to do to the ark community. If you took a look at my other messages from community crunch 356 all the way up until now. I started out using ark mobile and then move to my way over to the official game. I was looking for unofficial servers at first because I like to do what's called fibercraft. But on unofficial servers it was more of a nightmare. I eventually just went over to official servers starting all over again I'm not going to lie I had to start over and over on unofficial servers so many times it got frustrating. And yes I have been my official server for several years  now. I basically grew with the community and made a lot of friends. Which is one of the reasons why I'm speaking out on here this is very sad and frustrating with what Wc /SG trying to do.They should be telling us how this is all going to play out

Edited by ladymarina

On 6/1/2023 at 11:56 PM, DirkInSA said:

This is unfortunately the key - Refund, less "compensation for use". So getting a refund now on a game bought 5 years ago ends up as zero $. The people most upset about ASE are those that have several years of progress on official servers that is no longer going to be available to them (especially console players - yes PC people can copy the saves and run a private server to continue with). But the fact of "several years of progress" ends up weighting compensation for use, which ends up in 0 $ refund.

In all events it can be argued that the game does NOT have a fatal flaw - because it still runs every day and has done so for many years.

Never mind all of that - the issue is that Ark is going out of support - so all debates around this kind of approach is not really relevant. By choosing to make ASE end of life, Wildcard no longer has any obligation towards that product.

I’ve always been under the impression that WC had no idea the game would blow up the way it did. As such they lacked both the real world infrastructure to support the game as well as an engine that wasn’t meant to expand in the way it has.

The better move would have been to sell the IP. As long as gameplay remained the same it could have grown substantially with a larger team behind it. I would have gladly paid $10 for a 3 creature DLC pack. 

Instead Ark has a staggering amount of content that even with thousands of hours I haven’t experienced a lot of it. With less than a $100 investment Ark has surpassed in time every other game I’ve played by a substantial amount.

And now they are stuck. I just wonder how far up the chain this “Dark Souls Ark” nonsense goes because it sounds like the most assured failure imaginable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

I’ve always been under the impression that WC had no idea the game would blow up the way it did. As such they lacked both the real world infrastructure to support the game as well as an engine that wasn’t meant to expand in the way it has.

The better move would have been to sell the IP. As long as gameplay remained the same it could have grown substantially with a larger team behind it. I would have gladly paid $10 for a 3 creature DLC pack. 

Instead Ark has a staggering amount of content that even with thousands of hours I haven’t experienced a lot of it. With less than a $100 investment Ark has surpassed in time every other game I’ve played by a substantial amount.

And now they are stuck. I just wonder how far up the chain this “Dark Souls Ark” nonsense goes because it sounds like the most assured failure imaginable. 

I 100% agree with all of that !!! Most ROI in a game I have ever had (and I have played games for like 40 years! so I have seen a few).
And the "Souls Ark" is likely stalled dead in the water somewhere in the pipeline, otherwise this push at Ark remastered would not be such a thing.

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Like 1

I just timed out 13 freaking times trying to tame this new creature lol ark fix your bs or get rid of it I died 11 times losing everything.  

Timedout 33 times now still trying to just leave the Bug alone. 

Edited by AinzOalGown
I keep timing out losing everything I took to tame the bug

2 hours ago, AinzOalGown said:

I just timed out 13 freaking times trying to tame this new creature lol ark fix your bs or get rid of it I died 11 times losing everything.  

Timedout 27 times now still trying to just leave the Bug alone. 

Huh, I thought it was just my server having some sorta hiccups and was about to rain hell down on someone at nitrado. Good to know I'm not alone but it would've been nice not to lose several imprinted creatures after literal hours of hunting a decent level.

47 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Huh, I thought it was just my server having some sorta hiccups and was about to rain hell down on someone at nitrado. Good to know I'm not alone but it would've been nice not to lose several imprinted creatures after literal hours of hunting a decent level.

Yea it sucks so I think I’m just going to stop playing Ark for now atleast til they fix it so I can get one of the dang things so I can be done for good. 

32 minutes ago, AinzOalGown said:

Yea it sucks so I think I’m just going to stop playing Ark for now atleast til they fix it so I can get one of the dang things so I can be done for good. 

Funny thing is I along with several admins on my team decided to test what the issue was and found something truly odd. Wild spawns don't cause it nor do gmsummons, it's literally just the babies that you hatch out. Essentially it screws over anyone that tries to get these things in the legitimate way.

My understanding of the windows store is that there is no issue. They just have more checks to do before releasing to the store as PC is not a closed operating system like the xbox. This is always the case with games or apps being released. It is simply Microsoft protecting their store which is a trusted platform so people dont have to worry about viruses etc. 

The problem i see is lack of planning on the part of Wildcard or whoever holds the release schedule. While ive only been playing a couple months Ark has been around long enough to know this so they should have planned the release better.

Happy to be corrected if im wrong but that is my understanding.