Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, ddausod said:

Arche ini.jpg

Yes, that is a problem... but not mine, even if I would play PVP, THAT would be out of the question for me.

That's the beauty of it, to hide from others and use the environment.

In PVE I do that too, at least as far as possible.

And if they prefer bad graphics, then let them.
Fortunately, there are more than enough players who appreciate great graphics.

20 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They did give you facts. You just don't like them.

They haven't giving us anything. Except saying they are ditching the game and everything about ASA. There is no information on how there are going to fix a broken game.  As I stated in my other message they have not said anything about how they will make the experience better for us Xbox one/PS4 players.

All of this stuff that is showing that they don't care about their loyal players sucks. Joe I haven't seen anything that's catering to the players just more money for WC/SG. Oh and try to placate with dino contests. 

We let them get away with this other big game companies will follow suit. They need to Stop.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Won't ASA have a better reporting system to curb cheating like such as INI file tampering? Could have sworn I read something along those lines

Thing about cheaters though is that they'll inevitably find a workaround. It's an arms race. An incredibly stupid arms race that makes me both shudder in fear/shake my head in disgust at the wasted potential at what the cheaters could do if either interested in more malicious deeds or had they turned their talents and effort to more positive endeavors, but an arms race nonetheless.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Except saying they are ditching the game and everything about ASA.

So... everything. You know their plans for ASE. It's being dropped, you can download the old official maps, all official servers are getting the plug pulled and they will no longer updated the ASE code base. That game is effectively dead. 

You know what ASA is and how much it will cost. You know the old dusty consoles won't be able to play it.

they have not said anything about how they will make the experience better for us Xbox one/PS4 players.

Because it won't be any better. Those 10 year old devices will be left out to pasture. You already know this because they have communicated it.

There's only one thing they haven't given details on and that's how or even if the older consoles will be able to play the old official map saves in single player. Everything else has been covered.

We let them get away with this other big game companies will follow suit. They need to Stop.

Then vote with your wallet and don't buy anymore of their games. That's all you can do.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, judethedude said:

Asa, will you have the classic holiday events, and will there be an aberration creature vote, and will you bring back the dodorex and dodowyvern?

Also maybe there could be dodo variants for other maps like a dodoreaper, dodogarmr/ dodolonasaur, dodomagmus (magmasaur version), and dodosummoner? I thought a dodomane would be pretty boring and summoners haven't gotten any love. Maybe even dodononychus, dodopithecus, dodosulfr, dodognathus, and dodomosa? I think more dodo variants would make other maps without the rex or wyvern more interesting during events, especially having more options to choose from during the Thanksgiving or Christmas events. Imagine speeding through the waters on a fire powered mosa, or building an army of dodos with the summoner, or doing fire bursts on a mana, or spitting lava on the magmasaur or using the reaper to fire flaming debris. The possibilities are endless! Please WC, please!

Yes there will be more creatures vote for all of the rerelease dlcs though am not sure about the new dlc they are releasing. No this is not speculation they covered this in a previous crunch 

On 5/6/2023 at 11:30 PM, HabaneroBurn252 said:

To anyone out there complaining about servers being shut down.

Things come and go that's just how life is you cannot expect that something will last forever. Wild Card knows what they are doing. So grow up, stop complaining about a pointless video game and do something with your life.

Can't wait for the release of ASA keep up the good work WC. 

Had ARK2 been released this year (as we were supposed to believe up until the roadmap was released), I have a hard time believing that people were not ready to leave ASE official in a heartbeat, whether they had 3k hours invested in it or not.
The issue behind this is ASA, not official.

57 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

Had ARK2 been released this year (as we were supposed to believe up until the roadmap was released), I have a hard time believing that people were not ready to leave ASE official in a heartbeat, whether they had 3k hours invested in it or not.
The issue behind this is ASA, not official.

Honestly, people have been doing it since Gen 2's release, so it hasn't really been "in a heartbeat". It was that Ark 2 being delayed, ASA being announced as it's own game with its own price instead of an update to ASE (which they teased at), and ASE announced its official servers being shutdown and ending ark 1 broke the camel's back. This is just kinda an outcry to those who are upset that the game is over. Ppl have been doing it on Xbox since Gen 2's release with them leaving bad reviews on the game. I honestly expected this since ppl were mad about ark 2 announcement. Just leave it how it is, they announced it for those who didn't want Ark 2, so be happy with what were getting. Its sad for PVE players who worked so hard making awesome communities and building great bases on those servers but were getting a better, different game with awesome stuff and a fresh start, but if ppl continue fighting against this longer. They might just scrap the game entirely, then ppl will get really mad at those who complained and fought this.

Edited by OverRannus

Right. There's just no pleasing a lot of people.

35 minutes ago, OverRannus said:

if ppl continue fighting against this longer. They might just scrap the game entirely, then ppl will get really mad at those who complained and fought this.

WildCard would look absolutely ridiculous if they did. They can't switch their plans in such significant ways all the time. They need to stick to the roadmap now.
Whether ASA is delayed (or, well, realistically, if it's delayed for longer than a week or two... we all know it won't be there exactly on time) will determine whether the few of us who hope to still play this franchise a bit longer, despite all its ups and downs, have overestimated how serious the studio is about its future.

13 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Then vote with your wallet and don't buy anymore of their games. That's all you can do.

That is horrible advice. First of all, the persons question your answering is flawed as the have been doing this for decades with HALO. Making many remakes and sequels of that game with all having different prices and doing the same as Ark is doing now, but no one was freaking out the first time HALO did it. As we should, Ark 1 has ran for 8 years and need to END (as it is getting glitchy and crashing often on people for things that can't be fixed it or isn't worth fixing that could cause more damage than good), as most games have a ten-year life cycle before getting ONE Sequel (or only adding little things to it with no real changes to the game), and were getting TWO sequels to an awesome game that needs it!!!!!

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, OverRannus said:

That is horrible advice. First of all, the persons question your answering is flawed as the have been doing this for decades with HALO. Making many remakes and sequels of that game with all having different prices and doing the same as Ark is doing now, but no one was freaking out the first time HALO did it. As we should, Ark 1 has ran for 8 years and need to END (as it is getting glitchy and crashing often on people for things that can't be fixed it or isn't worth fixing that could cause more damage than good), as most games have a ten-year life cycle before getting ONE Sequel (or only adding little things to it with no real changes to the game), and were getting TWO sequels to an awesome game that needs it!!!!!

If people didn't buy HALO 2,3,19. That would have stopped. But they did, so they keep making them, because $$$.

Edited by Joebl0w13

28 minutes ago, OverRannus said:

so 8 years and done? Maybe you should email Ultima Online and tell the to stop updating and selling copies after 20 years...

Ultima Online

Released: 1997 | Latest update: June 27, 2018

Ultima Online has a storied history, beginning with perhaps the greatest moment in PC gaming ever (and a Guinness World Record to boot): the assassination of producer Richard Garriott's avatar, the nigh-invulnerable Lord British, during a beta stress test in 1997. The fantasy MMO with a player-driven economy and a heavy focus on PvP drew in more than 100,000 players by 1998 (another Guinness World Record), and over 20 years later it's still being updated with new content and expansions. There's still a small but active community playing on a daily basis.

Its grand ambitions and complex systems allowed for a lot of exploits and griefing by players, particular when it came to murder and theft, though its expansions added zones where players can't kill one another and did a lot to discourage griefing. There's still great nostalgia for those early, brutal days of back-stabbing and skullduggery, the likes of which have never quite been matched.

• Like 2

Showcasing gameplay shortly before release??? If you actually had any, you would of released it by now… and just because it may have some slightly better graphics, people are really gullible and stupid if they think wildcard will sort any of the other 100s of bugs and glitches that’s been around and not sorted for years..

Edited by Kayraw
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 5:44 AM, ladymarina said:

They haven't giving us anything. Except saying they are ditching the game and everything about ASA. There is no information on how there are going to fix a broken game.  As I stated in my other message they have not said anything about how they will make the experience better for us Xbox one/PS4 players.

All of this stuff that is showing that they don't care about their loyal players sucks. Joe I haven't seen anything that's catering to the players just more money for WC/SG. Oh and try to placate with dino contests. 

Okay, first of, about the Xbox one and PS4 players, they AREN'T. They are not continuing with old gen consoles for ASA which was one of the problems they fixed, old gen consoles were holding back Ark into going with UE5 as it would lead to worse gameplay for everyone, allowing them to begin adding more things, and doing major fixes to problems or major problems. It is sad (especially because I'm use old gen to play Ark) but Ark would have went downhill if they continued using old gen consoles for the new games. And they were really considering doing ASA for old gen, but it would have been a very bad idea.

Second Ark developers WC/SG wasn't the first big game company to do it, HALO, STAR WARS, Marvel game companies and others have been doing this for DECADES at even worse situations, and you don't hear fans complaining about their games. So stop doing it to Ark!

16 hours ago, Frack said:

so 8 years and done? Maybe you should email Ultima Online and tell the to stop updating and selling copies after 20 years...

I think Ultima Online is a one off thing, most games just make sequel or remakes with better graphics. But my point was Ark needed either a full remaster/remake and let the first one go to where video games take their last breath for updates and add-ons and rest forever or just need to let it go and go to Ark 2 if they didn't want to make a remake. And I'm very happy that they went with the former choice!!!!

17 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Right. There's just no pleasing a lot of people.

WildCard would look absolutely ridiculous if they did. They can't switch their plans in such significant ways all the time. They need to stick to the roadmap now.
Whether ASA is delayed (or, well, realistically, if it's delayed for longer than a week or two... we all know it won't be there exactly on time) will determine whether the few of us who hope to still play this franchise a bit longer, despite all its ups and downs, have overestimated how serious the studio is about its future.

I can say that I was giving a worst possible case scenario they could do, I don't think they will cut the ASA game after announcing it on the roadmap and showcasing new things. But my point is just Stop fighting it, what's done is done. And we should be happy with a new sequel/remake game!!!!!

Edited by OverRannus

On 5/5/2023 at 6:20 PM, Helianthus said:

Great. Another big thing that bites. We could have had breeding / taming assistants, or something completely unique, but instead we get...this.

Oh well. Hopefully WildCard does something cool with it.

Almost feel discouraged for the next creature vote. What is the point if people are just going to vote for yet another end-game carnivore / meme that will be irrelevant a month or two after it releases? Do my ideas even matter on this site?

yeah but guess what your just mad because your creatures dont actually get chosen. this creature gives us a purpose to upgrade stamina where we normally wouldnt and it makes end game taming easier. stop being salty because yours lost and realize what it can do for the endgame