Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

I know that it may not have been right to ask why they are still so upset.

Only when I myself can not understand something, then I ask. It can be that I overlook an important point, which would have brought me understanding for their situation.

I was given an answer, but for me these are still only unsuitable reasons to continue to rant.

I myself have lost a lot in Ark.
I have also been faced with decisions about whether to continue playing.

It took me over two years to find my game speed.
I have often lost a lot. My heart bled and I cried. For days.
But starting over can also be a wonderful thing.
You experience things again and notice things you've long forgotten.

I myself continue to enjoy Ark and the more perfectly I can tailor the settings to myself, the more I enjoy the game as long as I can.
Nothing lasts forever.

I wish everyone a nice day
Gabi

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 5:59 AM, Sovira said:

Just wanted to say I am genuinely hoping you may consider allowing for more than one winner this time around, and the other vote you guys could even be the one to decide as a team, voting against each other! There are WAY too many good dinos this round and many agree over the discord, we've been talking about it for quite a while ❤️ Thank you also for the oppertunity to have and be in this event! It is genuinely more than appreciated!

But it would be even cooler if a future map would be populated only by creatures voted by the community .... improbable but dreaming is allowed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Yes agreed I can't afford a new console and why are we paying 60 it should be cheaper. No matter what to your saying is improved WC and SG. They still ignoring us.

Sounds like a broke boy problem ngl, it's been almost 2 1/2 years since new gen was released now I get if ya didn't buy em when they first came out due to all the bs (luckily I got 1) but if you've yet to upgrade then that's a you problem. It's not a paywall it's how it works, there's other games where they're made for next gen and not old gen since old gen isn't capable so stop complaining and either you can buy a nextgen or not and just stay on oldgen, I know I'll be buying ASA since it's not just a remaster but basically a whole new game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

I know that it may not have been right to ask why they are still so upset.

Only when I myself can not understand something, then I ask. It can be that I overlook an important point, which would have brought me understanding for their situation.

I was given an answer, but for me these are still only unsuitable reasons to continue to rant.

I myself have lost a lot in Ark.
I have also been faced with decisions about whether to continue playing.

It took me over two years to find my game speed.
I have often lost a lot. My heart bled and I cried. For days.
But starting over can also be a wonderful thing.
You experience things again and notice things you've long forgotten.

I myself continue to enjoy Ark and the more perfectly I can tailor the settings to myself, the more I enjoy the game as long as I can.
Nothing lasts forever.

I wish everyone a nice day
Gabi

Um I'm not ranting I'm giving an answer. They said it would it be free and its not.  Don't say something and then change when you said it publicly.  I'm looking at all aspects and sides. No one is listening to me at all. I never called AsA stupid either. I said I don't care. I do have an opinion. I'm unhappy with what there doing. I don't mind playing AsA but having to pay  60 dollars is ludicrous plainly. It's not a new game. ITS JUST A GLORIFIED REHASHED VERSION.  I sent vids in my forums to show it's not about us they don't care. They had millions... They can do something for the I guess old Gen players 🙄. We're  NOT ranting or whining were upset and concerned. We spent years on these servers....😞 Put time and and effort in to this game. We are afraid it could be disastrous. IN THE END. Yes I cannot afford a server WHICH COSTS 577 EUROS  its going to be more than that in America. Nitrado is a horrible server provider. The thing is WC or SG isn't caring at all. They haven't tried to work anything out for us 😔

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ShizuOtakuVR said:

Sounds like a broke boy problem ngl, it's been almost 2 1/2 years since new gen was released now I get if ya didn't buy em when they first came out due to all the bs (luckily I got 1) but if you've yet to upgrade then that's a you problem. It's not a paywall it's how it works, there's other games where they're made for next gen and not old gen since old gen isn't capable so stop complaining and either you can buy a nextgen or not and just stay on oldgen, I know I'll be buying ASA since it's not just a remaster but basically a whole new game

Wow really .. there are people out there that can't afford the newer consoles yet . How un empathetic... Geez. .I have to work paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet. It is a paywall. They ran out of money that's why there trying to make you pay for a game you already paid for. Just gives us ark 2.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ladymarina said:

Um I'm not ranting I'm giving an answer. They said it would it be free and its not.  Don't say something and then change when you said it publicly.  I'm looking at all aspects and sides. No one is listening to me at all. I never called AsA stupid either. I said I don't care. I do have an opinion. I'm unhappy with what there doing. I don't mind playing AsA but having to pay  60 dollars is ludicrous plainly. It's not a new game. ITS JUST A GLORIFIED REHASHED VERSION.  I sent vids in my forums to show it's not about us they don't care. They had millions... They can do something for the I guess old Gen players 🙄. We're  NOT ranting or whining were upset and concerned. We spent years on these servers....😞 Put time and and effort in to this game. We are afraid it could be disastrous. IN THE END. Yes I cannot afford a server WHICH COSTS 577 EUROS  its going to be more than that in America. Nitrado is a horrible server provider. The thing is WC or SG isn't caring at all. They haven't tried to work anything out for us 😔

Wc explained WHY they don't do it for free.
They told us that after being told it would be free, they decided not to just upgrade to UE5, but that they wanted to make profound changes.
Animals will be changed
Graphics will be redesigned
The players will get more possibilities to change their character and much more

And who are we to tell them what to do and what not to do.
I myself have changed and overturned my decisions many times.

If WildCart would rather make sweeping changes to the game, so be it.

And they have said that they are trying to make it possible for console players to keep their saves (I don't know if all consoles are affected, but you can read about it).

But why can't you have some patience and let WC work on solutions.
When WC has a solution it will be communicated to us.

Imagine that you are doing your job and you have people breathing down your neck complaining about you and wanting a solution right away, even though you are still in the middle of it.
Could you work better under such pressure?

People work at WC, not just computers.
If you always and constantly have to raise your complaints and worries to such a massive extent, remember that this does NOT always accelerate the work zeal, but harms other people.
It is not a matter of one person pushing and complaining all the time.
But there are many, including all these Youtube videos. 

I see the whole thing as agitation and bullying.

We all have no idea what's going on in the background, but the way some people act here and on other platforms, it seems like they have absolute insight into WC's books and even know what's going on in the business there.
A few million isn't much when you have expenses every month, it's not just the people who design the games, there are some other costs and employees on the outside.

You want direct solutions and that it is done right to YOU.

Then prove patience and you can never make it right for everyone anyway.someone will always have a problem.

Just wait and see how it goes on.

The WC reluctantly says something that is in the works, I can understand very well in recent weeks, would not have been mentioned with the free upgrade, there would probably be some less terror here.

And you yourself would not need 600€ but could also make a server with much less.

And where is the problem that several people who are supposedly so unhappy about the resolution get together and form a cluster.
Then there are several people who take care of the server and also several who spend money on it.

Right now it seems as if such a 12 card cluster should only hang on one person.

If you don't like Nitrado, then go to GPortal or another provider.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

Wc explained WHY they don't do it for free.
They told us that after being told it would be free, they decided not to just upgrade to UE5, but that they wanted to make profound changes.
Animals will be changed
Graphics will be redesigned
The players will get more possibilities to change their character and much more

And who are we to tell them what to do and what not to do.
I myself have changed and overturned my decisions many times.

If WildCart would rather make sweeping changes to the game, so be it.

And they have said that they are trying to make it possible for console players to keep their saves (I don't know if all consoles are affected, but you can read about it).

But why can't you have some patience and let WC work on solutions.
When WC has a solution it will be communicated to us.

Imagine that you are doing your job and you have people breathing down your neck complaining about you and wanting a solution right away, even though you are still in the middle of it.
Could you work better under such pressure?

People work at WC, not just computers.
If you always and constantly have to raise your complaints and worries to such a massive extent, remember that this does NOT always accelerate the work zeal, but harms other people.
It is not a matter of one person pushing and complaining all the time.
But there are many, including all these Youtube videos. 

I see the whole thing as agitation and bullying.

We all have no idea what's going on in the background, but the way some people act here and on other platforms, it seems like they have absolute insight into WC's books and even know what's going on in the business there.
A few million isn't much when you have expenses every month, it's not just the people who design the games, there are some other costs and employees on the outside.

You want direct solutions and that it is done right to YOU.

Then prove patience and you can never make it right for everyone anyway.someone will always have a problem.

Just wait and see how it goes on.

The WC reluctantly says something that is in the works, I can understand very well in recent weeks, would not have been mentioned with the free upgrade, there would probably be some less terror here.

And you yourself would not need 600€ but could also make a server with much less.

And where is the problem that several people who are supposedly so unhappy about the resolution get together and form a cluster.
Then there are several people who take care of the server and also several who spend money on it.

Right now it seems as if such a 12 card cluster should only hang on one person.

If you don't like Nitrado, then go to GPortal or another provider.

Um it's the total disregard to the original servers situation. No so sorry.they had over  a couple of millions more.like 10+.  Bullying 🙄 so now people can't voice themselves or protest?   Other games and YouTube are talking.about what they are doing. Because it's not right what there doing. As I said before I was ready for ark 2. Why do we need an new game with new servers when Ark 2 is supposed to come out soon. And it's not really Wildcard anymore it's snail games now. Who have no money. There game projects in the past failed. So it's not wild card anymore. The game will be dead. Why do we need a upgraded old game we should just move on to.ark it's not necessary for all this. That's my point. I will protest my opinions all the time. Oh And about the breathing down your neck thing. You put yourself in that situation. You knew what you were  getting yourself into. It's not a lie it's facts. We really don't need it.

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

You see, it's so different... I am more happy about Asa than about Ark2.

By the way, the dead live longer :D

Ok that's your opinion. I was at first until I found out what they were going to do. And factually no one is going to come together and pay for a server where nothing is going to happen.  Oh and I do recall they said the people on the official servers were a minority which sucked too.

Edited by ladymarina

Um you say NOBODY pays for a server on which no one plays?...

You should not generalize so.

I pay for a server, even for two, although I played alone for a long time.
Now there are two of us, or occasionally three.

If you wouldn't do it, it doesn't automatically mean that everyone else won't do it.

You probably wouldn't spend 7 months on level 9... but there are people who play that way and have a lot of fun.

Generalizing is a very stupid habit.

8 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Yep, old gen is dead at this point. Evetually EVERYONE who wants to play the newer games is going to have to get the next gen consoles in order to keep playing. If people have an issue with that, then that's on them not developers. This is getting ridiculous, I get these users are entitled as sin but COME ON! UE5 would be restricted as hell on old consoles, there would almost be no point in upgrading if WC stayed on old gen... But no, they are all just going to kick scream and cry just because "It's too Expensive!!!!" and the concept of savings and sales are just too complex for them to comprehend. Nintendo recently had a deal which priced the Switch at SEVEN USD! Not $70, not $700, not $7000, JUST SEVEN DOLLARS!!! A child could make that in allowance EASY, or god forbid mowing a lawn for money! either way that deal was WAY cheaper than a Series X/S or a PS5, AND a Switch could easily run ASA. But will they take such an oppertunity? Nope, because ASA also costs money and as stated before, Sales and saving money just isn't an option to them.

Come on dude are you serious right now? First of we are not entitled, we are not whining, we are not bullying either. Open your eyes we don't need this any of it. It can come with ark 2. We shouldn't have to pay because Snail games is broke. It's not even wild card anymore sad but true. Sounds sad you would say that about people less fortunate than yourself. SMH😔

5 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

Um you say NOBODY pays for a server on which no one plays?...

You should not generalize so.

I pay for a server, even for two, although I played alone for a long time.
Now there are two of us, or occasionally three.

If you wouldn't do it, it doesn't automatically mean that everyone else won't do it.

You probably wouldn't spend 7 months on level 9... but there are people who play that way and have a lot of fun.

Generalizing is a very stupid habit.

No but when you want to the boss battles you will need more than three people. I'm not generalizing at all. I'm going of of experience. All the unofficial servers I were on until 2019 left because  they couldn't afford it. 🙄

Edited by ladymarina

3 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Come on dude are you serious right now? First of we are not entitled, we are not whining, we are not bullying either. Open your eyes we don't need this any of it. It can come with ark 2. We shouldn't have to pay because Snail games is broke. It's not even wild card anymore sad but true. Sounds sad you would say that about people less fortunate than yourself. SMH😔

Well you're a fraction right, less than half but not completely wrong. This IS snail's fault but what you fail to realise is that both WC and snail are BUSINESSES, they aren't your friend so why should they hand things out for free? Hell you literally were complaining that you can't afford a next gen console just TODAY. Also why does everything HAVE to be part of one game? Why does WC HAVE to pass up on remastering the game that made them big money? ARK 2 is going to be a VERY different game, even when compared to ASA.

7 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

No but when you want to the boss battles you will need more than three people. I'm not generalizing at all. I'm going of of experience. All the unofficial server I were on until 2019 left because  they couldn't afford it l. 🙄

No you don't, you just need Dinosaurs whith bigger numbers than your enemy's. ARK is a survival RPG, and as an RPG larger stats always beat smaller ones. Also there's still PLENTY of unofficial servers besides whatever you were on, besides how is that any different than the official servers going down other than the fact you can make you own unofficial server?

• Facepalm 1

On unofficial servers there is no level restriction, just like on the official ones.
You can also do the boss fights alone. I know people who have done it alone.

I'm not interested in boss fights myself, so it doesn't bother me even if you need ten people to do it.
and i'm more for the unusual options anyway. i would never go with rexes to a boss fight. So many people do that. Boring.

Whether they couldn't afford it or didn't feel like it... well, that's one thing.

But it is undisputed that a server makes work, as I have experienced it is usually the main reason why they close, not the money. 
Since I have had servers myself for years, I know what I am talking about, as I have dealt with many server owners.

But now I'll call it a day, because unfortunately it's useless.
We have different opinions, I have heard many opinions why you have such a problem with the closures and because of Asa.

I will continue to be an enthusiastic Ark player and I am very curious how ASA will be and whether there will be small improvements for Ark. Or even something more than small improvements.

No I am completely right. I'm not saying they can't. They can do what they want. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna sit by and no be heard. We don't need ASA really. Think they could as this as dlc to ark2. But it's not right to advertise one thing and do another. For example in Walmart you pick up a bottle of soda it says on the shelf it's 1.29 but on the conveyor belt it rings up 3.00. You know your going to go back and get that sign and get your soda for 1.29. thats what other game companies and YouTube etc are talking about getting ripped off. It just doesn't add up.

6 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

On unofficial servers there is no level restriction, just like on the official ones.
You can also do the boss fights alone. I know people who have done it alone.

I'm not interested in boss fights myself, so it doesn't bother me even if you need ten people to do it.
and i'm more for the unusual options anyway. i would never go with rexes to a boss fight. So many people do that. Boring.

Whether they couldn't afford it or didn't feel like it... well, that's one thing.

But it is undisputed that a server makes work, as I have experienced it is usually the main reason why they close, not the money. 
Since I have had servers myself for years, I know what I am talking about, as I have dealt with many server owners.

But now I'll call it a day, because unfortunately it's useless.
We have different opinions, I have heard many opinions why you have such a problem with the closures and because of Asa.

I will continue to be an enthusiastic Ark player and I am very curious how ASA will be and whether there will be small improvements for Ark. Or even something more than small improvements.

Ok well you have a good night I agree with you on that we sure do have different opinions.