Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

While we're going to wait to reveal the gameplay of ARK Survival Ascended until it's near final-form, we want to show you how we're approaching the new game artistically. ASA is much more than a complete technology overhaul, we are also going through and revising the artwork by hand for a new conception of the worlds of ARK.

Here's a first look at what "Remaster" means in ARK Survival Ascended:

ASA_SupplyCrate.jpg

Stay tuned to subsequent Crunches for more looks at the re-envisioned style of ARK Survival Ascended!

ARK2_carnoleathersaddleconcept.png

We couldn't leave you with our previous ARK 2 Carnotaurus reveal without showing an example of our new-look dino armor! The team is thoroughly enjoying designing armor to make your favorite tames both protected and eye-catching. We look forward to seeing what players do with the arsenal options!

Ark2_CarnoSaddle promo Wallpaper2560x1440.png

Community_creature_vote.png

ARK_Fjordur_KeyArt_1920.jpg

You still have the weekend to vote for which creature will be added to Scorched Earth for ARK: Survival Ascended!
The second round of voting ends on May 1st at 4 PM Pacific.

The winner* will be announced in the Crunch Friday, May 5th 2023.

GUIDELINES.png

• Rank the creatures in order of most preferred to least preferred
  • The vote is limited to 1 submission per person (duplicate entries will be discarded)

finalists.png

Below are the candidates that have made it into the final 10. Find out more information about the creature by clicking on the hyperlink attached to the name.

Overview of all the finalists here.

* Note that once the winner has been determined, we'll be reading through these threads and using them as inspiration for how the creature will be designed; aspects suggested may change.

RANKED_VOTING.png

Not loading? Click here
Powered by RankedVote

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, 1st of May.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
Classic: 6x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Raasclark

Watch as Raasclark begin his journey on Ragnarok with the Dino Overhaul X (DOX) mod, where every creature is ridiculously hard, and learning how to survive is a struggle.

Creator: MrMEOLA (featuring Songbird Gaming)

MrMEOLA has a visitor on his island, and they have built him a new astonishing home to live in! Visit with him this incredible base by the talented Songbird Gaming.

fanartblue.png

R-Direwolf by @k3zk_628

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_k3zk_628_1920x

Desperate by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_falco_luna_192

Ravager Sketch by LycaosX

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_LycaosX_1920x1

Yeti VS Gigantopithecus by @MayaPatch89

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_mayapatch89_19

What's left that isn't artificial here? by @Ampraeh

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ampraeh_1920x1

Wholesome Parasaur family by @Riinartist

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Riinartist_192

Maewing!!! by Sakusaii

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Sakusaii_1920x

acreenshotsblue.png

Nameless by Manatee

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Manatee_1920x1

Paradise by Serious

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Serious_1920x1

Wuiiiiiiiiii by chrisrez07

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_chrisrez07_192

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Just wanted to say I am genuinely hoping you may consider allowing for more than one winner this time around, and the other vote you guys could even be the one to decide as a team, voting against each other! There are WAY too many good dinos this round and many agree over the discord, we've been talking about it for quite a while ❤️ Thank you also for the oppertunity to have and be in this event! It is genuinely more than appreciated!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I like that you are re-envisioning A:SA, and that concept for the new loot crate is fine, but I’d put that attention into things that really need to be revamped. Like the legacy Dinos and map details. For example, new rewarding places to explore within the maps. Don’t get me wrong I love that you are giving everything a new polish but I’d put my attention into the things that will optimize the gameplay and not just make things look cooler.

The loot drops we’re fine in my opinion so I’d focus on things that make a little bit more of a splash.

Really don’t want to sound negative I’m just trying to give you some constructive criticism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3

That Carno Armor Concept is making me reconsider my possition on weather or not to buy ARK 2, the concept of it being a two seater this time around also hypes it up a bit. Now if only ASA would have a similar craft system too.

As for the Redesign of the loot drop, I love it. looks FAR more alien and high-tech than before. Kinda reminds me of something you'd see in the Halo series. And turning the revolving plates into a stand for the crate is a pretty genious touch. Over all, great design. Hope to see what it looks like in other teirs in the near future.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Like 6
  • Facepalm 4

29 minutes ago, Sovira said:

Just wanted to say I am genuinely hoping you may consider allowing for more than one winner this time around, and the other vote you guys could even be the one to decide as a team, voting against each other! There are WAY too many good dinos this round and many agree over the discord, we've been talking about it for quite a while ❤️ Thank you also for the oppertunity to have and be in this event! It is genuinely more than appreciated!

This

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

You're still paywalling ASA behind a $500-$700 console. All these 'sneak peeks' are worthless to those of us who can't afford a brand-freaking-new console

Quit crying bruh, I don't have the new console but I'm planning on getting one and the steam version of ASA as well as buying the game for friends on xbox and steam and even giving out gaming PCs and series X|S to friends

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 5

ooh, one whole image of one asset. oh yes, this perfectly justifies shutting down servers with years of work and memorials to dead players.

Oh yes, so sorry for my "tone", I have zero sympathy for a company receiving the criticism they should be getting, for the mistakes they continuously refuse to own up to or correct.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 6

26 minutes ago, SoilingSage said:

I'd like to see the centre updated to have aberrant dinosaurs in the underworld, I think glow in the dark critters would be a nice touch on the map even if the centre was released pre aberration, now is a perfect opportunity to spice up the ole map

The Center would/will immensely benefit from a large refresh (including Aberration-like content, potentially), and ideally a unique creature too. In a previous Community Crunch they seemed to imply that only story Arks would get one, but The Center was "born" in a time when unique creatures weren't a thing yet (it only started with Ragnarok's Griffin) and as such has been sorely lagging behind, despite being a great map. It's probably the upgrade I'm looking forward the most in the entire ASA thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

Congrats you have money, and I thought I might ask, you have friends?

I have three ps5’s, friends, and dare I say sexy. 🤓

I still think the concept of paying for asa is completely asinine. I mean jeez I have to pay x more to have some bro run my gen 2 missions again :( 

In my most humble opinion I think Asa will be delayed until 2040 anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Wow, only an hour in and already complainers are being rude to other people... Why are they here again?

My friend, someone having an opposing opinion to you doesn't make them 'rude.' I personally find a lot of stuff about ASA kind of concerning and heck, ethically wrong, as far as video games go.

You can hate me for having a different opinion than you, but that's okay, I will still like and respect you anyway, because I have ADHD and am incapable of holding a grudge for more than 2 minutes

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sovira said:

Completely agree here! Such an interesting event this time around, with tons of ideas that could really utilise the new engine for ASA! Really hoping we get multiple winners, perhaps one community and one WC choice!

Speaking of ASA, a supply drop reveal was unexpected, but interesting. Really curious to see how old critters like the Bronto, which have been around since 2015, get retouched and TLC'd. ARK 2 saddles looking sick as well!

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1