Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Here is an idea for you, Wildcard. Start an evo event from now till the shutdown of official servers. Especially if you continue to insist on shutting them down in august.

Call the evo event "The after party" evo event. Make it 3x or maybe even 4x, and just leave it on. And when you want to give weekend events, you just offer dino colors. Maybe even do weird stuff, such as every dino is completely pink. Or there are no natural color creatures. Or for the weekend, every boss is free, and requires no tributes/artifacts. You could have explorer bonus weekends where every explorer note has a light beacon shining off of it, so players can make a rush to find all the explorer notes before the game ends.

This "After Party" evo event would allow players to finish ark with a bang. They can finish the mutated lines they were working on since they were already forced to wait for evo events to raise babies. They can level up their characters to max level. And if you did that explorer note event I mentioned, they could get a bit more of the story without struggling to find the thousands of notes.

This is my suggestion to you. I hope you take it, and use it.

Edited by BlakeEIves
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, Ahonuworld said:

This hurts ark. Even worse than your crashes. Total money grab. What are you doing to your player base?

on this note HLNA is the ecommerce mini transaction machine... call it "bones" buy 1000 bones for 4.99 in store to exchange thru HLNA for in game items and and and substract as needed.. come on devs you know this MAN 

and you could have racked up SON! colored dinos to BP's to resources and Fert... yes fertilizer. mini transaction to your hearts content and pay to play or grind it out... 

Edited by Krieger1KM
need to express the exchange point

19 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

Here is an idea for you, Wildcard. Start an evo event from now till the shutdown of official servers. Especially if you continue to insist on shutting them down in august.

Call the evo event "The after party" evo event. Make it 3x or maybe even 4x, and just leave it on. And when you want to give weekend events, you just offer dino colors. Maybe even do weird stuff, such as every dino is completely pink. Or there are no natural color creatures. Or for the weekend, every boss is free, and requires no tributes/artifacts. You could have explorer bonus weekends where every explorer note has a light beacon shining off of it, so players can make a rush to find all the explorer notes before the game ends.

This "After Party" evo event would allow players to finish ark with a bang. They can finish the mutated lines they were working on since they were already forced to wait for evo events to raise babies. They can level up their characters to max level. And if you did that explorer note event I mentioned, they could get a bit more of the story without struggling to find the thousands of notes.

I was going to just like this post, however it seems I have reached my max on that for the day.

This is quite a nice idea. If indeed this dumpster fire of an announcement is in fact true,an Evo like this would be a good idea for those that stick around that long. 

I got better idea: restart mobile NOW, get more money, put the new paid DLC/pass for ARK SE too, close legacy (allowing them to move into official), close those 10-15-20% of unplayed official servers (we don't need the same number of servers for each map if some maps are less or more played than other!), keep SE alive. Put part of the code you cannot fix for resources (devs/money/time) on github and let some pro external people submitting pull requests to fix it (for official UE development it works really well!). yes, for those not knowing how it works, people have to write code changes and request it get pulled online, passing a series of automated tests (code compiles, doesn't conflict with other changes, personal code rules etc) and WC devs will still have full control of the code and the process (which include allowing merge or rejecting code changes).

Let's talk financial: user base is bigger. Expenses are  higher (administrative mostly, then research and development of new product). biggest miss in income is called mobile and a new paid DLC will be bought for sure but SE players that will NEVER buy ASA for sure. And of course current game is cheaper.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/03/29/2637127/0/en/Snail-Inc-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-Full-Year-2022-Financial-Results.html

Wanna do ASA, for new players, new hardware, new licenses and income? Fine, for a new user base that's a good move. Just keep alive SE, this is terrible move for huge user-base (that will NOT move magically to ASA/ARK2) that still would support the game and doesn't deserve to be treated in such cruel and ungrateful way.

Don't mock EA/Ubisoft on online games. Please.

Edited by darkradeon

6 hours ago, ancojo said:

First I'll start by saying wiping officials is hard to take BUT part of the fault has to lie with all you mega/alpha moron tribes who wouldn't allow anyone to build up on "Their" servers no matter how many was in the tribe wanting to join, solos, duos being wiped with level 400 odd dinos shows the idiocy of some of you! Wiping anyone and anything killed servers, why did you do it? "Its PVP" Yea well WC was always going to be the ultimate Mega tribe with the power to wipe you all and thats what they will now do in August because they are actually "Their" servers!

Its a shame you cretins didn't realise this sooner! What is it that you are scared of? A 2 man tribe wanting to build up on a server or was it that you were all so bored you just attacked anything not realising that it was pushing even more people away from the game? Just because it states PVP does not mean kill anyone trying to join, you keep servers alive by having a community base where you help each other and protect that server to a point, raid bases, race tracks etc are what keep servers alive.

The player base on official is tiny compared to what it used to be and alot of that has to be aimed at those above! It was always going to come.

As for WC's new cashgrab I just lol because so many of you will be stupid enough to buy it all over again, its not right no matter what excuses a couple have mentioned on here, pay for the new game Ark 2 by all means but to charge for the same game running on a different engine is bang out of order and then the DLC's as extra is even worse! THEY DO IT BECAUSE YOU WILL BUY IT!

I cant wait for you to pay for Arks new upgrade only to be wiped again when Ark 2 does finally release :)

Karma realy is a bitch :)

That's a lot of anger for someone with such a pathetically poor understanding of the issue. It sounds like you're  mostly just mad at alpha tribes wiping you and projecting the idea that everyone upset is part of that alpha group rather than people that hate the fact that 7 years (if you can't into math that's roughly 2,556 days, 61, 349 hours, or 4,504,800  minutes including a leap year) of work will go down the drain with no way to fight it while being told to re-purchase the product they already own to start from zero.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

The more I think on it the more I realize that this is why companies shouldn't love their customers but instead be absolutely mind numbingly afraid of them. A company that knows that their consumer base will metaphorically (or literally) burn their entire enterprise to the ground if they get out of line is a company that strives to keep its playerbase happy.

1 hour ago, BlakeEIves said:

No one in their right mind would bother using that knowing that it will all go poof in about four months.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crinch said:

I hope this is a joke if not im done with Ark and everything wildcard will produce in the future. taking us everything away to experiment with their ur5 and shuting officials down to make sure we buy ASA. I would buy it anyways you dont need to shut down officials for that. 1 and a half year ingame playtime gets killed from wildcard. It was a mistake to be loyal to them we got all fooled they want to replace the community and they think ur5 will helpem with that. we keept the game alive no one else.

im 21 now and im missing 1,5 years as long as wildcard cant give them back to me they shouldnt close official.

So this means NON- Series players lose the game? ive been playing since 2016. I bought Ark when it was still $80. I own all the maps. You can't be seriously telling me after all this time still playing this game that now i lose out on this game entirely? I can't afford to buy a new console much less dumped another $50 for the new version and Ark 2! I am so upset by this. Just why

• Like 1

Honestly this is shocking even for Wildcard's standards. I usually don't speak out in the Ark community much but this is extremely disappointing, I've been a pretty loyal fan regarding Ark and I was quite excited when they announced a FREE update. The co-founder of studio Wildcard Jeremy Stieglitz stated so in January on Twitter. I refuse to pay for the same game I've already bought on multiple platforms. I plan on not buying Ark 2 if Wildcard goes through with this and many others won't aswell, not to mention charging for mods and taking FIFTY percent of the revenue from mod developers. I've been playing this game for 7 years and have bought DLC, but I'm officially done with Wildcard. Clearly my loyalty and other's loyalty means nothing in the face of corporate greed.

7 hours ago, Duffmek said:

its ARK reskinned .... we will get 1 'new' map new dinos no mention of that just 'more breedable dinos' and a few QOL changes which SHOULD have been in arkse starting over u dont mind for how long before they sunset them servers to make room for ark2..... no thanks that not for me - plus i dont want ark2 either.

new dlc.jpg

A big part of the problems that have arisen from this announcement is the lack of hope, and the cost of that hopelessness. So make 4 price packets for players to choose between. But do this only AFTER some information is released on how Ark Survival Ascended will look/play. As well as the same type of information on Ark 2. This way there is hope, or something to look forward too, as opposed to the current state of hopeless, amorphous, nothingness we have now. 

Packet 1: ASA only. For those who have seen ark 2, and are not interested, and are also not willing to buy the DLC again. So maybe $20.

Packet 2: ASA with DLC pre-order. For those that want a discount on the DLC at the cost of paying early. So 50% off both DLC bundles. Maybe $20+10+10, for each DLC bundle pre-order equaling $40. Wildcard gets their money sooner, and the player feels they received a pretty good deal.

Packet 3: ASA with Ark 2. $50.

Packet 4: ASA with Ark 2, and both DLC bundles at 50% off with pre-order. $50+10+10, equaling $70. A bit of a savings when compared to how currently this option would be $90.

With these options, Wildcard get the funding to continue their work, and they get it now/early, while the players might feel less... Shafted(?) for having to pay for a game they feel they already own, and may instead feel as though they are paying for an overhaul/upgrade to what they already own. Again, this is only a good idea if the players know what they are buying/paying for.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

A big part of the problems that have arisen from this announcement is the lack of hope, and the cost of that hopelessness. So make 4 price packets for players to choose between. But do this only AFTER some information is released on how Ark Survival Ascended will look/play. As well as the same type of information on Ark 2. This way there is hope, or something to look forward too, as opposed to the current state of hopeless, amorphous, nothingness we have now. 

Packet 1: ASA only. For those who have seen ark 2, and are not interested, and are also not willing to buy the DLC again. So maybe $20.

Packet 2: ASA with DLC pre-order. For those that want a discount on the DLC at the cost of paying early. So 50% off both DLC bundles. Maybe $20+10+10, for each DLC bundle pre-order equaling $40. Wildcard gets their money sooner, and the player feels they received a pretty good deal.

Packet 3: ASA with Ark 2. $50.

Packet 4: ASA with Ark 2, and both DLC bundles at 50% off with pre-order. $50+10+10, equaling $70. A bit of a savings when compared to how currently this option would be $90.

With these options, Wildcard get the funding to continue their work, and they get it now/early, while the players might feel less... Shafted(?) for having to pay for a game they feel they already own, and may instead feel as though they are paying for an overhaul/upgrade to what they already own. Again, this is only a good idea if the players know what they are buying/paying for.

• I'd pay $50 for ASA and ALL the exp packs I've already paid for just for the new 'purdy' version.
  • I'd pay for the next exp pack
  • I won't pay a damn thing for a game that doesn't exist yet. 
  • Like 1

There's good and bad here as I see it.

The good = ASA, if done right. It could sort out so many issues and significantly alter how immersive and badass the game experience is. Cross-platform multiplayer is huge. Features like dynamic seasons would be amazing. Better optimization for larger bases and improved snap points would be a godsend at this point if really true. Modders will be able to create an array of new mods and improved maps. Performance increases, as in hopefully fatal error crash fixes would be very appreciated.

The bad.... I don't really care about Ark 2 being delayed as I knew that wouldn't be dropping 'til 2025 and I think UE5 ARK will be the superior version in the end anyways, again, if done right. The bad here is paying for everything after the tweet saying it would be a free upgrade and then to see the season passes for the DLCs as well.

Edited by Thalana

There won’t be any issues if you shift the architecture or software you’ve created in Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5. Version 5.0 can be upgraded to provide compatibility for Unreal Engine 4.25 and 4.26 APIs. In other words, it’d be incorrect to anticipate any significant API modifications.

Programs created in Unreal Engine 4 can be carried over to Unreal Engine 5. Since the Graphical Interface and Architecture systems are the same, there won’t be any issues in the foreseeable. And yet! A game created in Unreal Engine 5 cannot be transferred to Unreal Engine 4.

For instance, since UE4 does not enable Lumen and Nanite technologies, you can experience significant issues in your game. Epic Games has yet to offer a clear response on the subject.  

So why do you insist on killing years of progress, development, achievements, tames, not to mention all the years of breeding just about every dino out there to top stat, ( thank you breeders for your countless hours of dedication and time ) sorry you just got a huge dagger stabbed into your chest from wildcard. As well as the rest of us who have wasted the last god knows how many years, hours, etc grinding this game just to keep everything we have gained, now to be wiped like its nothing unless you of course like to play all by your lonesome, not be able to buy/sell anything from discord, or want to cough up money once again for maps you already got free, or paid for once and start back from scratch with basically nothing. im sure all your dinos wont be in the save file, or any of your blue prints, weapoms, gear, etc etc. But according to what i just read on a site comparing unreal 4 to unreal 5,there is no excuse for the measures/route you are going with this wildcard other then to put money in your pocket. If thats what you want then just make the game a monthly paid subscription so we can keep everything we have worked hard for over the years. I dont care if you have to do it by closing down one map at a time for however long to recode it to unreal 5, and bring it back up. Im pretty sure every player out there has access to more then one map that they could take a save file move it to another map while you recode one, bring it back up, and give announcement for the next map to be shut down for people to move of that map with save file, and so on and so on. I promise you this, you are going to be really strapped for cash if you go the way your community crunch says you are heading, i know alot of players, and everyone i have spoke with shares my feelings, we are not going to ark 2 for several reasons, 1 we dont like the 3rd person perspective, and 2 we dont want to start all over again, especially when there isnt really much advancement to go in the first place, because the game itself is based on primitive things, im thinking metal being the absolute highest you can go there. lame, and 3rd we dont want to go back to using tamed level dinos which will take months to years to ever get back to boss capability bred stats, which is going to be quite expensive for awhile to even get, that is if there are even any breeders left after you pull this stunt of wiping the countless hours/years of breeding that has already been established in the game. i know personally if i was a breeder who has spent all the hours in a day they do to raise and breed even 1 line of 1 dino, let alone several and you did this, i would have left the game yesterday and never looked back,, that is just a huge slap in the face to your dedicated players. I know myself as well as many other players i play with day in and day out who just play and are not breeders, are not coming back to this game if you wipe everything we have worked for over the years, or make us pretty much play by ourselves or even rent a dedicated server, because to fully enjoy this game you need more then one map to do so, and i am not about to spend upwards of a 100 dollars a month to get dedicated servers for every map to do so.

• Like 1