Question of the day-Favorite boss running creature

Griffin998

1. Broodmother

2. Megapithecus

3. Dragon

What are you guys's opinions? I personally quite like spinos and sloths for broodmother, since there is water in the arena, and spinos are just as strong as rexes (if not stronger, plus they look cooler and are faster and I could keep going but this parentheses is too long as it is). Megatheriums...well, because of their bug addict mode (no explanation needed).

Good luck, and Happy ARKing!

I'll take Therizino's over rexes or spino's any day. They do just as much damage, they have fire resistance, they maneuver much better than rexes (and somewhat better than spinos) and they will self-heal during fights if you put some veggie cakes on them.

If you're ok with breeding up more than one species for boss fights then I'd say megatherium & therizino for those three fights, or if you want to focus on a single species I would go with theri.

Theris are cool, but I've got a bit of a vendetta against them since the time I started playing ARK. FOr one, they've killed and terrorized me a lot, since they spawn in the easy zones. Two, they killed my first lystro. I definitely would use them against the Dragon over any other creature, but just putting that out there.

25 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

i use rexes for all boss arenas that can allow them.

Rex rushing-the og strategy for boss running. Honestly, I feel like it's a tad boring, just sending in a bunch of gigantic, tiny armed creatures in and roaring at them. But to each his/her own, I guess.

Good luck with your bosses, and happy ARKing!

8 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Theris are cool, but I've got a bit of a vendetta against them since the time I started playing ARK. FOr one, they've killed and terrorized me a lot, since they spawn in the easy zones. Two, they killed my first lystro. I definitely would use them against the Dragon over any other creature, but just putting that out there.

Whenever I have a vendetta against a species I tame the heck out of them until I've shown them who's boss. The obvious exceptions are ichthyornis and pegomastax... death on sight.

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

To hijack the original topic a bit - I wonder what has been successfully used on Scorched Manticore boss? Personally (before breeding was possible) I used a bunch of wild egg raised lightening wyverns. Has anyone made a go of other dinos?

I used an army of argentavis for gamma manticore before and won, tried the same army for beta and timer reached zero before it died, they could not keep up with it to deal enough damage.

• Volunteer Moderator

Therizino is my preferred boss fighters, along with a Yuti.

Theriz have a faster attack speed than Rex, they are easier to move, and easier to position around the Obelisk. They are better for Dragon with the fire resistance and perfect for Monkey. They tend to need more cakes for Brood than Monkey, but overall definitely my preferred boss dinos.

2 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Rex standard + esercito Yuty funziona bene sulla manticora. Non devono nemmeno essere super buoni; rex imprinted decenti e livellati con genitori di alto livello faranno il lavoro bene. 

For Manticore: if played with 2 or more player, I agree a Velonasaur Mut Stam for defeat the Golem that attack the Yuti..

58 minutes ago, Nungtor said:

Shadowmanes

Shadowmanes are so dang powerful, you could just forego the yuty entirely. Just use the male shadowmane's roar instead, and you're good to go.

Also, one deinon? One the FREAKING DRAGON?! That's some serious skill (or just a super mutated deinon, but...)

Good luck boss running, and happy ARKing! 

You do need a fairly well mutated deinonychus, with lots of health, plenty of stam, and at least 600% melee but yes, it is doable solo.  Basically you get under the dragon with the deino & bleed it out by the ankle; the deinonychus bleed effect melts the dragon's health, and it can't actually hit you once you get position correctly. You want at least 600% melee since the bleed effect gets better with higher melee, with a cap at that 600% line.  Higher melee does help with the minions though, dealing with them using a single deino is actually harder than killing the dragon itself.  

10 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

I agree a Velonasaur Mut Stam for defeat the Golem that attack the Yuti..

That's an interesting tactic!! Never heard about that before, but sounds like a good plan. I agree that the minions are often more trouble than the damn boss LOL.
Trouble is, I am mostly a solo player (on a server - but solo) so multi player plans don't much work for me.

Archived