Biome Extension in which direction??

Lionheart

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, BubbaTheGreat said:

Are they going to wipe the whole northern region? 

I don't believe so. They'll probably only wipe the areas they're expanding the snow biome to. I don't see why they'd wipe an area they aren't going to mess with.

However, if you want to be safe and move your base elsewhere, that'd be a good idea.

Just a reminder: Try to stay away from the western part of the island, the Redwoods will be located there!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a critical question that i can't find info on. What direction will the snow biome be extended to? My base is just on its south border and i fear losing it like last time when biomes were first implemented. Also what about the redwood forest? The reason i ask is so i can take precautions. Any official response would be appreciated! 

20 minutes ago, Lionheart said:

I have a critical question that i can't find info on. What direction will the snow biome be extended to? My base is just on its south border and i fear losing it like last time when biomes were first implemented. Also what about the redwood forest? The reason i ask is so i can take precautions. Any official response would be appreciated! 

Biome extension?

1 minute ago, Plannb23 said:

Does this destroy all the current bases there or just overlay over the current terrain?

Im hoping an overlay  considering I am located on the northern shores near fars peak. 

WC has stated that if any island changes are made and will affect bases and other structures they will let us know before hand so we can prep and move.

Just now, Sn1per0 said:

Im hoping an overlay  considering I am located on the northern shores near fars peak. 

WC has stated that if any island changes are made and will affect bases and other structures they will let us know before hand so we can prep and move.

We have bases on both sides of the snow biome ... They're not huge but they're not tiny either.

7 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

We have bases on both sides of the snow biome ... They're not huge but they're not tiny either.

when they first integrated biomes, all bases inside affected areas were gone... dino stayed standing around in nowhere :P we had some rafts right at the edge and they were literally cut in half... we only lost a house that was a bit outside the base in the water... dodged a nuke on that one, but others didn't... that's why an official reply would help us a lot so we start tearing down and moving the base... we have a full metal base with double walls and ceilings. 

4 minutes ago, Jen said:

We'll be publicizing the biome expansions so you guys have enough time to relocate without losing anything. I think we plan to do that this Friday, don't hold me to that though. In any case, it'll be known before it happens and if you are basing in the affected areas, you will want to move everything out.

Ugh .... all that work up in smoke.  :(

Our server just became an extinction server ...... :Hatchet:

Worst part is one of the bases belongs to my son who is deployed .... Hope the map change is a ways out.

Archived