4 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

WAIT WHAT WHY WASN'T IT MENTIONED IN THE COMMUNITY CRUNCH DANGIT WILDCARD XD

Yea that's how I felt too.

I enjoy racing to find chronicles, so it was a bit disappointing to open steam and see that someone had posted and linked the locations of them all and they were already on the wiki.

Oh well

Here are all the most recent notes:

"Who made this Ark so bloody hot? I swear the heat is making me dizzy. And I’m a hologram! You must be burning up!

Wait, I get it! It’s your clothes, innit? You drape different things over your torso and whatnot depending on whether it’s hot or cold. That’s brilliant!

...but it won’t work for me, more’s the pity. Well, we better get used to the heat -- there’s a lot of it in our future."

"I just discovered something curious. The minds that made the Arks used them to test some of the critters that you’ll find in the Genesis simulation. My scanner tells me that an immense lizard with an internal bio-furnace was tested here.

They don’t have that creature on this Ark anymore -- we’d see the scorch marks if they did. But they tested the fire lizard here before you survivors came along. I wonder why they decided to have them only in the simulation?"

"This whole Ark is on the verge of collapse! There’s radiation, mutant creatures, toxic gas, earthquakes -- not the lush paradise that’s supposed to be here.

I’m not sure how to put this, but, uh… we didn’t do this, did we?

I mean, I’ve seen you survivors mow through berry-bushes and chop through entire forests, but trash an entire Ark? That’s another level. And if you did trash this place, don’t tell me. Best I don’t know."

"My scanners are showing Element all over the place. Be careful with that stuff!

Why? Two reasons: first, I’ve seen how Element can transform critters from a moppet to a menace. We have creatures in Genesis that go crazy for the stuff.

Second, Element gets into a survivor’s mind, too. Helena, my creator, knew a survivor who couldn’t get enough Element. Drove him stark raving mad, it did!"

"I don’t understand how you live with the danger all the time. Every shadowy corner or dark cave here has something lurking -- usually something that wants to eat you!

I wish I could help, but Helena didn’t exactly kit me out for combat. No grenade launchers or anything like that. She didn’t even give me limbs to hold a weapon! All I’ve got is short-range scanners, diagnostic software, and a charming personality.

Oh, and an extensive library of Australian vulgarities. I wonder when that’ll become relevant..."

Two of the notes also have something written in ascension code, which I translated to be "Test" and then something else I can't make out.

That second scorched note though...It sounds to me like the actual purpose of the simulation was to predict what creatures could survive in specific environments, like, for example, could the Magmasaur survive in a desert environment? What does this mean about the lunar biome?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Two of the notes also have something written in ascension code, which I translated to be "Test" and then something else I can't make out.

Welp, I'm certainly gonna have to look into that

7 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

That second scorched note though...It sounds to me like the actual purpose of the simulation was to predict what creatures could survive in specific environments, like, for example, could the Magmasaur survive in a desert environment? What does this mean about the lunar biome?

I think you have it in reverse. The magmasaur was tested on Scorched, then put into Genesis Simulation.

But this note got me thinking too. What exactly did they mean by "testing" it. Its combat capability? Its survivability? How agressive it is? How well it fits into the ecosystem? How far it can throw a jerboa?

But the bigger question: Why were they testing things before putting them into the Genesis Simulation? What's the point? The answer to this would very closely tie in to the purpose of the Genesis Simulation itself.

Possible answers to the question:
1) It was tested to see if it was suitable for Scorched Earth. It failed the test and was thrown into the Genesis Simulation
2) It was tested to see if it was suitable for the Genesis Simulation. It passed the test and was added to the Genesis Simulation.
3) It was tested to see if it was suitable for war purposes. Undeterminable whether it failed or passed.
4) It was tested to see if it was suitable for heating purposes. Undeterminable whether it failed or passes.
5) It was tested to see if it was suitable for some other purpose I've been unable to think of.

Option 1 could mean two things. Either Genesis is some sort of "arkive" of creatures that couldn't be put anywhere else, or it failed the original test and was later put into Genesis because it was determined to have passed if the rules of option 2 were used.
Option 2 leads into quite a few more possibilities. It would mean that creatures with special traits had to be in Genesis. The exact purposes of Genesis remain uncertain.
Option 3, 4, and 5 would all lead to uncertainties as well, as they would have no relation to Genesis.

Option 1 does not fit unless it leads into option 2 because there are also creatures there that fit well everywhere else, such as parasaurs and raptors. This means we know for a fact now that Genesis is not a mere holding area for misfits.

Options 3, 4, and 5 therefore all also lead into option 2.

Option 2, now the only option, means that Genesis has a very specific purpose and must have creatures with certain traits. Why would they need so many different fantastic creatures. Considering only what we know to be absurd in their capabilities, we have the astrocetus, the ferox, the magmasaur, and the turtle, that already would mean that there is required to be a large degree of creatures with seemingly unrelated abilities.
My explanation for this would be that Genesis is a simulation of the Arks coming down.

Also I have another post coming up that's unrelated to this but still significant to how Genesis will be.

• Like 3

So, over on the steam forums, me and someone else were discussing something about Genesis a couple of weeks ago, however, thinking about recent reveals has made me like this idea enough to bring it over here too.

Basically, I'll ask you all to look at any given picture of Genesis. They all have something in common:
The biome shown stretches out in all directions endlessly. Every picture is like this. Literally all of them where you can see the horizon are like this. Not a single picture or video counters this.

Naturally, the first idea to explain this is that Genesis is going to have proto-arks like Extinction did, but then again, why would I think this post relevant enough to mention that I was making it if it was just something they've already done?
Obviously, I'm suggesting a much more radical and completely unseen idea.

Proto-arks are disproven by the lunar biome. Even if it was proto-arks, the lunar biome could not fit into any possible sort of ""normal"" world. It must be massively disconnected from everywhere else.

And certainly we aren't building a literal rocket ship and actually flying up there. That would be absurd just considering the requirements on your real-life computer to run that much space.

So then, if it must be incredibly far, and there's no rocket ship taking us there, we must be teleporting!

But of course, we already have teleporters, so it's not like teleporting on its own is anything spectacular.

No, I'm suggesting that HLN-A will teleport us around in Genesis. More or less at-will, although obviously you won't be able to do it entirely at will as you can't teleport from just anywhere to anywhere, but a significant portion of the map would allow us to teleport to "overlapping" parts of a different map. Essentially, this would mean Genesis would be a 4-dimensional map.
For example, assume that the bog 'overlaps' with the snow area. At any part where they overlap, you could swap from the bog to the snow or from the snow to the bog.
This allows all 'maps' to look like they expand on forever, because they sort of do.
More evidence:
In the reveal trailer, after you first enter the Simulation proper, HLN-A says "maybe not this 'one' first" when you're in the volcanic area with the magmasaur. At first glance, it would seem as though HLN-A is talking about the magmasaur in front of you, but then she takes you to the snow and the ferox. If HLN-A was merely teleporting you around to avoid specific creatures, she would teleport away from the ferox, but she didn't. This implies that she wasn't referring to the creature when she said "not this one first," but the area itself.
Rewatch the announcement trailer. Pay special attention to both times you teleport (to the volcanoes and then to the snow) HLN-A does the same animation, the first time almost unnoticeably unless you're looking for it, and the screen shattering effect appears both times too. As if they were special animations designed to be seen lots of times in different situations. The screen shatter affect also looks extremely similar to the sfx on the big A used in the trailer and all the reveals, and it is similar to how the corrupted parts of the corrupted avatar set look. This particular design is important and will be seen lots I imagine. 

Naturally, a game feature like this opens up massive amounts of new gameplay possibilities.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

The codes translate to Test l0 (that's a lowercase "L" and a zero) on note 9 
Test 4 on note 7
Test Nu7 also on note 7, slightly to the right of Test 4.

I assume that Test l0 just means Test 0 and that Test Nu7 means Test (Number) 7.

I'm having a bit of a hard time working out what tests exactly were, but I supp-

NEVERMIND. Just noticed as I was typing that that Test 4 is next to a picture of a thorny dragon, the face of which looks almost identical to the magmasaur's face, just smaller, while Test 7 is next to the magmasaur's face.
They were trying specifically to create a magmasaur. The thorny dragon was the 5th iteration (0 is included at the start, so test 4 is the 5th test) of the magmasaur, while the magmasaur proper is the 8th.

I went and checked, and Test 0 is simply next to a picture of a ferox, no jerboa or anything we've seen before is shown.

This would, of course, mean that someone wanted a giant walking lava lizard that can eject fireballs. The only reason someone would want something like that is for military purposes honestly.
It's hard to say what else is specifically designed at this point, because the blade wasp was created by the simulation (check the specimen record)
My next question is why was it put in Genesis? What is going on in there that they wanted lava-shooting super weapons? What exactly is Genesis trying to simulate here?

• Like 2

Mysterious_Transmission9.gif

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Status: intact -- despite the destruction around me.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Try to keep the violence at acceptable levels.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-09
[LOG_RECEIVE] Explosive munitions are a staple in warfare,
[LOG_RECEIVE] But there's an obvious problem:
[LOG_RECEIVE] How to ensure they explode "there," not "here."

I believe this is the actual transmission for the guided missile launcher.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I believe this is the actual transmission for the guided missile launcher.

Disagree. At first it sounded like it from the text, but a closer look at the picture against the reveal picture from the stream shows an obvious difference: this has a bar thing sticking out to the side.

I noticed that the mystery seems to have a ramp on it at the back left which would mean this is some sort of bomber plane. The rod on the side would be some weird tek "wing" and the raised part at the front would be an (open?) cockpit.

314px-Tek_Remote_Guided_Missile_Concept_Art.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Disagree. At first it sounded like it from the text, but a closer look at the picture against the reveal picture from the stream shows an obvious difference: this has a bar thing sticking out to the side.

I noticed that the mystery seems to have a ramp on it at the back left which would mean this is some sort of bomber plane. The rod on the side would be some weird tek "wing" and the raised part at the front would be an (open?) cockpit.

314px-Tek_Remote_Guided_Missile_Concept_Art.jpg

That's a static picture though. In the reveal you could clearly see the view-port to control the guided missile extend out the side, which could easily be what the bar is representing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GP said:

That's a static picture though. In the reveal you could clearly see the view-port to control the guided missile extend out the side, which could easily be what the bar is representing.

Correct, that's a static picture, but there's also the video where we saw it too. Both the picture and the video are missing the two inclines on the top. I can sort of see a ramp-ish part near the front of the gun, but the Mystery has little things sticking off the ramp area, which are also not on the gun. Also the rod isn't the camera part, I'll show you a picture from the video. It clearly shows that the camera comes up diagonally (and the movement in the video is only diagonal, not horizontal the entire time.)

Video for reference: 

Screenshot_2019-11-12_at_12.34.26.gif

10 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Status: intact -- despite the destruction around me.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Try to keep the violence at acceptable levels.

Does this mean that Genesis could possibly have some multiplayer capabilities?

I'm pretty sure that just means that the one player used it a lot to commit violence against the creatures.

I know they said they were doing crazy new stuff in Genesis, but multiplayer in Ark? Seriously? There's no way they're going to do something as absurd as adding multiplayer features to the dlc. Is there even one bit of evidence of multiplayer being in Genesis? Probably not. Because there won't be, it's crazy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I'm pretty sure that just means that the one player used it a lot to commit violence against the creatures.

I know they said they were doing crazy new stuff in Genesis, but multiplayer in Ark? Seriously? There's no way they're going to do something as absurd as adding multiplayer features to the dlc. Is there even one bit of evidence of multiplayer being in Genesis? Probably not. Because there won't be, it's crazy.

Actually, it would be pretty fun. But we can always dream, like for Subnautica... x'D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Actually, it would be pretty fun. But we can always dream, like for Subnautica... x'D

Maybe one day Ark will have multiplayer, but until then, I'll be-
Actually, no. It's never happening. Not until there's subnautica pvp and coop touhou, and even if that happens we still will not have multiplayer Ark.
Trust me on this: Multiplayer will NEVER happen.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Maybe one day Ark will have multiplayer, but until then, I'll be-
Actually, no. It's never happening. Not until there's subnautica pvp and coop touhou, and even if that happens we still will not have multiplayer Ark.
Trust me on this: Multiplayer will NEVER happen.

I trust you. WildCard would gain nothing by doing that, it'll simply be useless.

We'll never see things like pvp in a game like ARK. In more, people would hate the game for multiple reasons like mesh, overpowered creatures, raid offline, cheat and bugs, toxic players, misunderstanding due to different languages, abusive kids, crashs, FPS problems, things being unbalanced, crossbow that can't recharge, and I know there would be a lot more problems than just that... 

PvP is obviously the worst idea ever :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Leebum said:

This thread is sounding strange now. A lot of sarcasm... A LOT

Not much new info to play with and no new ideas have popped up in my head recently. The thread naturally evolves into... that.

At least until someone thinks up something new.

5 minutes ago, Leebum said:

Clutching at straws? xD

Pretty sure he's gone insane or someone broke into his house to post from his pc. I'd call the police to check on him but I'm not sure where he is so whatever I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PVP in subnautica (but ARK players). 2 tribes speeding towards each other on seaglides, suddenly one member of tribe A dismounts, pulls out stasis rifle and stuns his entire tribe from behind. he keeps stunning them until tribe B catches up and thermoblades his tribe. Tribe B: Thanks for insiding them for us, heres the coords to that mesh base location to get into the skybox, as promised.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NnjaChicken said:

PVP in subnautica (but ARK players). 2 tribes speeding towards each other on seaglides, suddenly one member of tribe A dismounts, pulls out stasis rifle and stuns his entire tribe from behind. he keeps stunning them until tribe B catches up and thermoblades his tribe. Tribe B: Thanks for insiding them for us, heres the coords to that mesh base location to get into the skybox, as promised.

Meanwhile, on the PVE server.

Player returns to base only to find 30 biters, 7 bonesharks, 8 sandsharks, 5 stalkers, 2 warpers, and a reaper leviathan, as well as another player watching from a distance. After getting killed and respawning inside, the player discovers that there is also a stalker glitched inside the base as well.

• Haha 1

lol I did not expect this to happen.

But seriously though, think about what a server in Genesis would be like, what with all they've teased...guided missiles and walking battle tanks and jump pads and ocean platforms and bloodstalkers and automatic shoulder cannons ripped straight from predator and OH GOD THE PRESSURE PLATE AND SECURITY SYSTEM.

It would be complete chaos.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, Lucraft said:

I trust you. WildCard would gain nothing by doing that, it'll simply be useless.

We'll never see things like pvp in a game like ARK. In more, people would hate the game for multiple reasons like mesh, overpowered creatures, raid offline, cheat and bugs, toxic players, misunderstanding due to different languages, abusive kids, crashs, FPS problems, things being unbalanced, crossbow that can't recharge, and I know there would be a lot more problems than just that... 

PvP is obviously the worst idea ever :)

Oh god and what if there was also hordes and horde of duped meks slaughtering noobs and obliterating their bases on Extinction? Or the chance of logging back into a server only to find you've been beaten, abducted, and locked in a cage by an Alpha tribe? That would be terrible.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

lol I did not expect this to happen.

But seriously though, think about what a server in Genesis would be like, what with all they've teased...guided missiles and walking battle tanks and jump pads and ocean platforms and bloodstalkers and automatic shoulder cannons ripped straight from predator and OH GOD THE PRESSURE PLATE AND SECURITY SYSTEM.

It would be complete chaos.

Yea, it would be completely absurd. Imagine someone swinging around with a bloodstalker and a shoulder cannon just blasting everyone without even aiming. Or imagine just walking around and suddenly a guided missile turns to you.

5 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Oh god and what if there was also hordes and horde of duped meks slaughtering noobs and obliterating their bases on Extinction? Or the chance of logging back into a server only to find you've been beaten, abducted, and locked in a cage by an Alpha tribe? That would be terrible.

Or corrupted creatures getting dragged by someone else to your tek base and destroying it all while you're gone.

All good reasons that they didn't add multiplayer.

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Leebum said:

Clutching at straws? xD

I mean, what with all they've teased, a Genesis multiplayer just sounds too absurd to be possible. Then again, Wildcard has never failed to add multiplayer for the other maps, regardless of how atrocious that multiplayer ends up being.

What if Genesis part one and two are actually both the exact same map, but part one gives us access to one half of the map's content, and part two gives us the other half. I mean, "Genesis part one" and "Genesis part two" don't exactly sound 100% right as names for individual maps, since none of the other maps are named like that.

• Like 2

I just found that on the ARK wiki, it's pretty cool !

Ok, it's not part of the official story, but imagine if all of them were actually prototypes of the ones we know ? We could see Proto-ARKs that use these, instead of the classic one. It would be cool. Or even operational ARKs...

Now I want a modded map that use them. And I want this map to become official, since I'm on console. xD

But I'm almost sure you guys have already saw them and that I'm late...

Sebastian-kowoll-obelisk-shape-variations.jpg