Cheapest way to stop spawns

Zen00

3 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Pillar\foundation. ...Pillars\ladders  don't effect resource  or dino spawn neither will a pillar\ceilings 

This, the pillar/ladder does block spawns but only by like another pillars worth of space, I tested it with some swamp grass,, which is PERFECT if you want to just block specific trees, cut the tree down and replace it in the EXACT location with a pillar and ladder. However, for dino and plant and rock spawns you definitely want pillar/foundation. 

I wish there was an item that could stop spawn of resources and/or creatures, but that's super small so that I can have it in front of my gates to stop those big rocks from blocking them without looking as ugly as having a foundation there.

Or is that something that would only be useful to people playing like I do? ? Could it maybe be abused in a way current structures can't?

5 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I wish there was an item that could stop spawn of resources and/or creatures, but that's super small so that I can have it in front of my gates to stop those big rocks from blocking them without looking as ugly as having a foundation there.

Or is that something that would only be useful to people playing like I do? ? Could it maybe be abused in a way current structures can't?

If you are on a server that has S+ (the original, not the official version) the S+ trough blocks spawns around its whole radius, or at least it used to.

18 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Pillar\foundation. ...Pillars\ladders  don't effect resource  or dino spawn neither will a pillar\ceilings 

Not true. At least not for official PC PVE. Foundation with pillar and pillar with ceiling will block trees, bushes, rocks etc so probably safe to assume creature spawns too.

59 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Not true. At least not for official PC PVE. Foundation with pillar and pillar with ceiling will block trees, bushes, rocks etc so probably safe to assume creature spawns too.

I play PVE as well and am able to pillar all I want since I play legacy. Pillar ceilings  don't effect spawns  but yes pillar foundation  does 

15 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

If you are on a server that has S+ (the original, not the official version) the S+ trough blocks spawns around its whole radius, or at least it used to.

Thanks for the tip! It's a bit bigger than what I would've liked though. When I said "super small" I meant like the size of a standing torch or even smaller :P 

Archived