Is calling someone a thief against TOS?

Super Fab

Is calling someone a thief against TOS?

I was threatened after calling someone that stole from us a thief. I've been with Ark since week 1, I don't recall anyone ever getting banned by saying such a thing but then again WC has a very interesting way of being extremely vague on what they actually enforce and don't enforce such as this guy that stole from us, I didn't even bother putting in a ticket because I'm 99% sure nothing would happen even if there were 5 other reports prior to mine on the same guy and frankly the amount wasn't so substantial that I was out much to begin with. 

Not sure if a mod would be able to respond.. I'd ask in a ticket but it'd be three weeks until I got a response. That is not a burn, I'm being literal lol 

I see people get called derogatory/racist/sexually degrading names all the time in global chat and nothing has ever been done to them. We have a tribe of what I assume is teenagers or young kids on our Valguero that are constantly doing this. Many have reported them but nothing is done.

I even had a guy on my island server day he was IP sniffing my entire tribe and would kill my family. Nothing happened.

So I would assume unless it’s a terroristic threat or something crazy like that, nothing would come of it. 

1 hour ago, Darkholis said:

I've seen and reported players who openly admitted in global chat that they were exploiting/cheating in the game. Nothing has been done, so yeah, peeps can say whatever they want nowadays....

yes its pretty bad right now, a player that is part of a big tribe, for which a moderator here also makes videos for recently, meshed us and is now also openly bragging about him meshing us. doesnt get banned.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

yes its pretty bad right now, a player that is part of a big tribe, for which a moderator here also makes videos for recently, meshed us and is now also openly bragging about him meshing us. doesnt get banned.

Report all instances of DDoS, duping, meshing or other exploits, with your evidence, to support via ticket at:

https://support.survivetheark.com

Nobody on the forums can help you regarding in-game issues.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I've seen and reported players who openly admitted in global chat that they were exploiting/cheating in the game. Nothing has been done, so yeah, peeps can say whatever they want nowadays....

1 hour ago, BertNoobians said:

A screenshot of chat is in most cases not sufficient enough to take actions. If the enforcement team/game masters cannot validate the info provided in a report using neutral sources (such as server logs, metrics, etc.) they won't take any actions and that; to protect their customers. Just to prove a point, here is a screenshot where both of you admit of duping and meshing:

C9DC01B06A926C4BA8C82D5B01278B0C676C8C89

That screenshot is obviously fake, but imagine if that was enough to get both of you banned how people would just falsely report everyone they don't like or would make up stories simply to get rid of the competition. This is a competitive game, and reports towards players or tribes that comes from other players can't be taken for credible evidences but are helpful for them to know where to look and investigate further to take the appropriate actions as a result of their findings. In other words; while you think your screenshots are irrefutable evidences they are not for an impartial party looking at it from the outside.

Archived