Implement Prim+ Items to Regular Ark

VaultMan

Suggestion

Continue Prim+ as normal, but Add some of the great things from Prim+ to Regular Ark. Like the building materials, equipment, and maybe even let us have the option to build the primitive industrial stuff. The mod has so many great things to make ark more than just survival, (not that that’s not enough) I think we’re long overdue for new items. Including new foods, recipes, drinks,  materials, and all sorts of crazy things that regular ark should have.

1FF492BC-A169-4613-B704-5D9B1700EB7A.png

AF10FABB-E898-40D1-9804-48A956A94E96.png

B19B539E-8757-4A1B-914B-DBB67D6527CC.png

F00EBBE1-C880-4379-8E0E-5CF63014BCD5.png

2A433972-31BC-4C62-BDFD-D5012BAED956.jpeg

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67 replies to this server topic

9 minutes ago, GoatSniffer2112 said:

Definitely need more stuff to keep in line with some of the structures, I’d like to see more modern and up to date decor items to come in line with metal and tek structures. It looks so tacky with a wooden chair and table inside a higher tier base.

It would be nice to see a few decorative items that fit each of the different building tiers so things don't look out of place. 

I think merging the primitive plus items is a good first step though. It has much more to offer than standard thus far for decorative and household items. 

since I cant pin my hopes on PRIM+ getting work, I can hope this gets implemented. aforesaid comments about the fun of farming and cooking and nice buildings and more interesting structures all feed into this too. cause I dont enjoy tek related things. 

Attn. Devs. 

WORK ON PRIM+

IF NOT THAT THEN DO THIS SUGGESTION THING.

I want to have my dein paddock out by the smokehouse or a kitchen with some character out on a rise on the chalk cliffs. I cant have those the way I want them but this comes close...

15 minutes ago, VaultMan said:

Absolutely; I know it was mentioned. But it is a golden idea, and as you said. It would help Prim+ get some quick fixes if these things made it in to the base game. Which would help everyone. Ark is a fantastic game. But sometimes you just want to do more, and with Lumber, Brick, and reinforced glass and such, it could be that much better.

I agree complete with the points you made. I actually admin on a server cluster, and even though things can't cross over, we did open a Primitive Plus map as well just to be able to use the different items. 

The transition between the things you can craft is nicely done and it adds a variety of small details to the gameplay that make it both fun and challenging. Not to mention the different build items and decorative pieces. You can do a lot with Ark as is, but to add some of the materials you mentioned would be game changing. There are some people on the map's I admin/play on that have some amazing builds and I would love to see what they could come up with if they had more materials to work with. 

Yes, I am glad there are others who see the potential in this idea! I feel like the reason why P+ keeps breaking is because Ced and WC want to keep any and all Tek out of it. But That's besides the point. The point is, you can spawn in and use tek on private P+ servers, and alot of it works fine, including cryopods, Transmitters, teleporters, etc. But you can't spawn in awesome things like the cooking station, cauldron, smokehouses, Etc. Frankly, I'd love to be able to craft a yurt in vanilla because they rock when it comes to taming bees. Which means some resources like beeswax and I think leather would need to become a thing. If i could program those into supply drops, I suppose that would work, but it would be nice if you could harvest the beeswax yourself, even the tanning station would be nice. I'd really like to see P+ as a whole just merged into the main game as well. Yes, this might cause some to lose bases/houses they've spent countless hours creating and that would really suck. I know how that feels as much as anybody. But adding P+ structures, tools and resources in to vanilla would work out for the better.

Let's face it, there is only one cluster for P+ PVE on PS4, thought you can't really call it PVE with individuals like veti and tribes like house 336. I once saw house 336 kite a poison wyv way out to the west coast on the Ragnarok map JUST to grief someone who hadn't done anything to them. Killed a few of their tames, too. And this veti person, who uses a second character to grief, put up offensive signage and made a pretty screwy folder in green obi. When asked why they couldn't just go to PVP servers instead, the question would be dodged. They behave like true PVE noobs, as in they don't know how to behave on a PVE server, which in principal is different from PVP. It just seems time to get rid of P+ official servers on PS4. Merging P+ into the main game could fix that issue, because many of us who once enjoyed P+ official servers might once again have some choice in numerous true pve clusters instead of having the one choice of PVP or PVEVP. There are alot who left p+ official for the better world of private servers, because there we actually can and will enforce fair gameplay.

In summation, please consider this. Primitive + is great, but could be a whole lot better if much if not all parts of it were functional in the standard game as well.

Keep up the good work guys! Genesis is outstanding :)

All the more reason for separating PVE and PVP, I don't think the pvp people want this kind of thing implemented coz they're probably busy with something else :D , but cmiiw

The last time I tried this, the loading was too long for me, but that was long before using ssd. havent tried it again since, been years.

I really hope this idea gets traction.  I really love this game mode but on PC the load times and the issues that come up almost every major update are super frustrating. 

At least if prim+ were integrated into regular Ark, private server admins could do a custom game.ini with only primitive appropriate engrams and not have the super long load times with it as a total conversion.  Hopefully prim+ specific resources could be integrated as well.  

I've been thinking they should do that since I started prim+ I love the original game, but prim+ ands a layer of depth that the vanilla version just doesn't even get close to. I feel that every thing that was added to prim should be added to the regular, it's cool to have different stuff to gather and multiple uses for resources and ways to alter resources to make new resources. Had a big base and have done everything that prim+ offers and it even takes away the boredom, when you build to a certain point things get dull but prim+ always gives you something to do. Also love the plants you can grow, I enjoy smoking a cig, eating cashews and drinking cashew milk. Adds a way to personalize your diet instead of the classic veggies... I also like the look of brick and lumber way more than stone or metal

Hello,

There are two posts on this subject you may want to look into;

One was suggestion made when the forum was reformatted and the other a weigh-in discussion regarding some options. Unfortunately while the interest has been there for both, nothing has been really addressed with either. 

If you would like to add your voice to the idea however, these are the two you may want to look at. 

*Personally I am of the frame of mind that the items should be added with some minor stipulations as to some menu set up options. More info on that is listed on the two posts. 

Oh my goodness! I was just thinking about this today. If we could just incorporate the building structures from Primitive plus, it would make so many people happy.  

My favorite mod besides Structures + and CKF is OzoCraft.  I wish we could have those structures even more.  The guy that did that mod really knew what he was doing. It works so nicely in Ark.  He put in the pieces that we are missing for building more detailed builds and the textures are just gorgeous!

The bottom line is that we need more building structures in the base game.  I would much rather have new structures than new creatures any old day of the year! 

I know I voted for this ages ago but I thought I'd comment, 

I just loaded up prim+ for the first time properly, to see what it had to offer in the 2 years since I last played it properly, (I usually use it for building as lumber looks so nice, but didn't check anything else out) and oh my, so many varieties of storage boxes, so many unique and amazing structures to make a village feel alive and not just more of the same repeated boxes and decorations

This would bring new life to PvE and RP if the structures where added, the yurt, the pontoon, so many amazing structures.

I'd love to cycle between prim+ bookcase and large storage and regular skins, it's all so pretty

Archived