Natehawk

Guest BubbaCrawfish

There's another side of things you aren't seeing here... This guy wasn't reporting the meshing issue in the start, he was only doing so AFTER he was abusing them.

On Aberration he built above the beacon, where it wasn't destroying or killing his buildings, or him or his tames. He only complained about it and made it 'known' after the devs tribe-wiped him.

This is almost the same deal as to why the rules were made in the first place. He knows it's a map glitch, that's why he tries all the time to validate why it's not in the mesh.

He loses credibility by having to state that, as it makes it clear that he's knowingly doing this.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

HOD is trying to fix the game.  They even gave WC a list of things that need to be removed until they are fixed including chairs, clmbing picks, sleeping bags, etc.  WC should listen to thier biggest supporters instead of banning them. It makes no sense.  Why not treat them like allies instead of enemies?

Do you not remember that he only declared the outside destruction issue with Aberration AFTER he'd been tribe wiped?

Wrong person... Still though, he knew what he was doing was wrong, as every video he's saying about the mesh... The rule covers the over all, 'non-intended building areas'... He knew what he was doing, he knew it was unfair.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Demerus said:

I believe you are thinking of GetJacked

Could be... Still though, this guy isn't reporting the glitches, he's telling others how to do them, and the main statement stands... If he wasn't constantly saying 'It's not in the mesh' every time he was showing the bases he uses, then he could claim ignorance, but alas, he does it every time, so it's willful action that he's going into the mesh, and he knows it's against the rules.

3 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Could be... Still though, this guy isn't reporting the glitches, he's telling others how to do them, and the main statement stands... If he wasn't constantly saying 'It's not in the mesh' every time he was showing the bases he uses, then he could claim ignorance, but alas, he does it every time, so it's willful action that he's going into the mesh, and he knows it's against the rules.

No, actually he's been saying for quite some time what a ton of the issues are and he's also put together lists of what needs to be removed from the game until they are resolved.  No, this guy isn't a problem he's someone who loves the game, makes a ton of videos, has a ton of followers, and could be a great ally for WC.  They are making a big mistake creating an enemy from a guy who could be a really good friend to them.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

No, actually he's been saying for quite some time what a ton of the issues are and he's also put together lists of what needs to be removed from the game until they are resolved.  No, this guy isn't a problem he's someone who loves the game, makes a ton of videos, has a ton of followers, and could be a great ally for WC.  They are making a big mistake creating an enemy from a guy who could be a really good friend to them.

I'll call you out on that, as even if he's handing them lists of all the glitches and exploits to fix, he knows that he's breaking the rules by USING those glitches...

No matter the following, no matter the volume of his videos, he's not exempt from those rules.

Oh and the friend/enemy crap, is just stupid... He's banned... He did it himself. By showing how to exploit, to actually exploiting through his few videos that I chose to watch.

Remember, if someone feels the need to validate why it's not something bad, it's generally because they know it's a bad thing to be doing.

1 minute ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'll call you out on that, as even if he's handing them lists of all the glitches and exploits to fix, he knows that he's breaking the rules by USING those glitches...

No matter the following, no matter the volume of his videos, he's not exempt from those rules.

I could even agree with you but what would it matter?  The point here isn't whether or not showing those videos is against WC's rules or not.  The point is WC isn't doing themselves any favors at all by making the guy an enemy.  Instead they should be embracing HOD and other Youtubers just like him.  These guys all love the game and want nothing more than to help make the game even better.   Sure, there are a ton of folks who love the game as much as they do, but none have the following these youtubers have.  Creating this sort of division is going to cost them dearly, mark my words.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

No, it's not about the video... It's about his using of those glitches for his bases...

Right here, he KNOWS that the base is wrong as he can see THROUGH the ground, indicating he is meshing...

39 minutes ago, Techsupport said:

So I found this on reddit...

Posted by 9 hours ago

A popular ARK youtuber, H.O.D Gaming, recently made a video exposing some of ARK's glitches that have been in the game for years. Because of the nature of the game (a PvP survival game) these bugs let people destroy other player's thousands of hours of work in just a few minutes.

As a response to this video, the developers of ARK have globally banned one of their most dedicated content creators.

This is an issue that players have been trying to get fixed for 2 years, that's right TWO YEARS. The only way to get something done about this is go public and put Studio Wildcard under fire.

Just to clear it up, HOD never used these exploits on online servers, the only thing he did is demonstrate them on a singleplayer game.

If you have bought the game consider leaving a negative review if you have been affected by these bugs.

EDIT - Some more videos about this from the ARK community for people who are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2-OhnobC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8XS-aDQ3gw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG2hXxY8yqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj88OlB_X70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZDl9MYqIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxv0T--0qDU

TL:DR - Youtuber tries to fix exploits by making it public, gets banned by the game devs.

what the actual raptor is wrong with you?

You been under a rock for a few days? We have a megathread about this with lots of people defending the rule breaker o.O

Guest BubbaCrawfish
13 minutes ago, Countrydude89 said:

all it would do is cause more problems, more so for honest players.

And this is a good point. Those who don't search to exploit, will not know of what has happened, or how to combat this style of thing.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So far I’ve paid over £600 since I started hosting on Nitrado. You official players are a laughing stock with your sense of entitlement playing on a free service. I will continue to mock you every opportunity I get.

Irony is when you think you’re entitled to mock people for complaining about poor service because you (or mommy & daddy) have more buying power than they do. Just like anyone else, the purchasers of the game endured a cost under the auspices that servers would be provided. Do you regularly enjoy mocking children in poor neighborhoods for not going to prestigious private schools, or having good healthcare?  

In pointing out your lack of place—mainly due to your trolling—is that you offer NOTHING constructive, merely adopt a stance to defend issues you don’t have to deal with and can buy your way around. 

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So much of this. Just because people don’t play official, doesn’t mean we don’t want the game fixed. What about all of the unofficial PvP players? Not every server has rules and admins to enforce them. Everything that can be done in official can be done in unofficial because it’s a core game issue. The servers that do have rules can’t prevent people meshing, but at least if they have rules against it, they can ban the offenders and possibly roll back to a previous save.

It’s not that difficult to deal with meshing on unofficial. I have friends that host servers, I have hosted a server. I play on unofficial, in addition to officials. If anyone is on an unofficial and is still having problems with tribes meshing, that’s the fault of neglectful hosts. Players on unofficial don’t have to put up with being ignored and disregarded by admins for easily dealt with issues at the level they do on official. The advantages are precisely ehat you brag about being able to pay for.

The point is that other people drop what can be a significant amount for a lower income person into something that was advertised to be available. People shouldn’t have to pay additional money in order to enjoy something functional in its standard form. 

You got baited ;) and it was easy because the contribution you bring, if it can be called that; is simply to mock people for having to endure problems that you don’t. 

1 minute ago, ArkP1 said:

Irony is when you think you’re entitled to mock people for complaining about poor service because you (or mommy & daddy) have more buying power than they do. Just like anyone else, the purchasers of the game endured a cost under the auspices that servers would be provided. Do you regularly enjoy mocking children in poor neighborhoods for not going to prestigious private schools, or having good healthcare?  

In pointing out your lack of place—mainly due to your trolling—is that you offer NOTHING constructive, merely adopt a stance to defend issues you don’t have to deal with and can buy your way around. 

It’s not that difficult to deal with meshing on unofficial. I have friends that host servers, I have hosted a server. I play on unofficial, in addition to officials. If anyone is on an unofficial and is still having problems with tribes meshing, that’s the fault of neglectful hosts. Players on unofficial don’t have to put up with being ignored and disregarded by admins for easily dealt with issues at the level they do on official. The advantages are precisely ehat you brag about being able to pay for.

The point is that other people drop what can be a significant amount for a lower income person into something that was advertised to be available. People shouldn’t have to pay additional money in order to enjoy something functional in its standard form. 

You got baited ;) and it was easy because the contribution you bring, if it can be called that; is simply to mock people for having to endure problems that you don’t. 

Well said.

9 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

*laughs in free health care*

2 hours ago, Duffmek said:

so by that thought anyone who plays PvE should not get in the fight either .....

REAL players... now then ..... that is EVERY SINGLE person that bought the game EVERY SINGLE one they we ARE players so jog on u break rules u get burnt

I’d say that it’s only fair that people that do not have to experience the problem also refrain from mocking people for trying to come up with a way to have their voices heard. 

I play PvP and PvE, but our PvP tribe has found and held a location that meshing does not offer much of an advantage against. Personally, I don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other. What I do have an opinion about is someone trolling, and I am often obliged to point it out.

In context, I was responding to a poster that was simply making fun of the problem many players experience and shouldn’t have to buy their way around.

On another note, I think an easier solution would be to just allow it completely. In many ways it’s just another part of the game and rather than work so hard to hide or downplay, I would suggest letting people run with it as fair play and the solutions are likely to be easy to see. Maybe even one of the new servers they come out with that no one is asking for, with meshing allowed. Perhaps if more people could observe the different applications it is being used, they could come up with an obvious fix. Oh well, let them keep playing black hat to catch the black hatters. 

6 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

If you had to see the level of suffering in low and even middle income neighborhoods of people that can’t afford or access decent health services you would know a person has to be sick to say something like that.

"Think of the children!" 

I honestly dont think about that. If im going to be giving pity it'd be to those who cannot get health care (3rd world countries etc) rather than people who have the chance to better themselves and decide to keep using drugs, or being lazy

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

"Think of the children!" 

I honestly dont think about that. If im going to be giving pity it'd be to those who cannot get health care (3rd world countries etc) rather than people who have the chance to better themselves and decide to keep using drugs, or being lazy

Drugs? Lazy? Was that what you thought I was talking about? No, not even “children” but families, generations of families that don’t have decent access to care.

Blah, blah, blah. We were celebrating a poster’s meager attempt to admit not having experience with the problems other people endure. Were you joining them to troll people, in general, that have less than you?

3 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Drugs? Lazy? Was that what you thought I was talking about? No, not even “children” but families, generations of families that don’t have decent access to care.

Blah, blah, blah. We were celebrating a poster’s meager attempt to admit not having experience with the problems other people endure. Were you joining them to troll people, in general, that have less than you?

*laughs in facepalm*

On the topic and in conclusion, my best advice is not to focus on HOD or who ever. They broke the rules, so let that be a separate issue.

As for meshing, I do think they could benefit from experimental servers that allowed it. It wouldn’t take long for the community to identify problem locations and come up with solutions. At the very least it would signal that they are trying to do something, and it wouldn’t hurt for them to better explain what some of the challenges are.

Archived