Single Player Squad

Astatine

I've been on ARK for about 30 hours now, and I've only dabbed into single player. I'm about at level 50 with a few tames with a few /admincheats to help me with it. I've recently learned about caves, endgame bosses, and the greater scheme of the story line. Apparently, the caves have been updated so that it is near impossible for a single player to complete it and obtain the artifact. If anyone wanted to join the single player, build up my base in the Hidden Lake, get to endgame, ascend, etc, I am open to hosting the world. Basically, just some people to play ARK with and have a good time. HMU on steam @https://steamcommunity.com/id/Astasine

Hello,

Yes Caves are difficult, intensive and narrow. So if you play with a friend you still be doing it since the narrowness of the caves. But sure you can take turns.

I recently used a sabertooth with primitive saddle for the south caves (level 150 wild) only put melee levels as you get levels. You need difficulty set to one in ARK settings to get max wild levels 150.

ARK caves go down as you enter and you mosly follow the right wall as a general rule.

Caves also have loot crates they respawn each one every 30 min as you are in the cave.

For more specific help look at ARK Wiki (ARK wiki Caves) progression caves.

Good luck and be scared :)

/Ariana

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Yes Caves are difficult, intensive and narrow. So if you play with a friend you still be doing it since the narrowness of the caves. But sure you can take turns.

I recently used a sabertooth with primitive saddle for the south caves (level 150 wild) only put melee levels as you get levels. You need difficulty set to one in ARK settings to get max wild levels 150.

ARK caves go down as you enter and you mosly follow the right wall as a general rule.

Caves also have loot crates they respawn each one every 30 min as you are in the cave.

For more specific help look at ARK Wiki (ARK wiki Caves) progression caves.

Good luck and be scared :)

/Ariana

Yeah, I was playing today and tried going into the cave with only a torch and some food. It was the Cave of Massive in like south east. Flew my Pteranodon over there and just threw down a sleeping bag. It did not go too well. There's like so many dinos in there, dilo's, scorpions, bats, etc. Even if I brought my level 52 raptor I don't know if I would be able to even get close to the artifact.  Is a raptor the best choice? Maybe a dodo to protect me?

Most if not all of the artifact caves are doable solo on the island (hard snow cave and eastern water cave might be the exception). Well worth grabbing a good high level tame with a decent saddle, I reccomend a bary for the easier terrestrial caves. For the western sea cave for the artifact of the brute a high level basil with a good saddle should suffice, baring any extreme high level alpha shark or alpha mosa spawns. As for the two harder caves I have mentioned I dont really know. For the hard snow cave it seems to come down to if you can breed up dinos in the cave, but I still see conflicting info on if this is still a thing or not. As for the eastern water cave there seems to be a few approaches none of which I have tried solo.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Most if not all of the artifact caves are doable solo on the island (hard snow cave and eastern water cave might be the exception). 

hard snow cave can be bypassed by doing The Center caves or Ragnarok(extrem easy) then transfering the artifacts.

All other caves are easy if you dont have Lag and have an able mount,like a saber,wolf or basil.Swamp can be done with Carno I heard as well.

Problem is Dragon. I got pawned trying Gamma.apperntly you get damage from flyers even mounted like Dimetredons...makeing that boss problematic to do alone,but for that can always use godmode just to obtaine his head..thou yea kinda defeat the purpose..

29 minutes ago, darcek said:

hard snow cave can be bypassed by doing The Center caves or Ragnarok(extrem easy) then transfering the artifacts.

All other caves are easy if you dont have Lag and have an able mount,like a saber,wolf or basil.Swamp can be done with Carno I heard as well.

Problem is Dragon. I got pawned trying Gamma.apperntly you get damage from flyers even mounted like Dimetredons...makeing that boss problematic to do alone,but for that can always use godmode just to obtaine his head..thou yea kinda defeat the purpose..

Oh yeah getting the artifact of the strong on the center and ragnarok is always an option. I just like mentioning hard snow tactics just incase thats not an option for some folk playing on what ever server/cluster they're playing on. Never done the center caves, but its disgusting how easy getting the Artifact of the Strong is on Ragnarok considering how hard it is on the island. Same goes for the Artifact of the Cunning in some ways.

I think a single carno is pushing it in the swamp cave, unless your talking of the southern ones, in which case it should be fine. For the Artifact of the Immune (I think) in hard swamp, I solo it with ease with my baryonyx accompanied by a full pack of hyaenadons. I just whistle the hyaenas on to the swarms and let them do the hard work, especially important when tackling the arthros so they dont break your armour. The pack buff and healing mechanic of the hyenas works wonders. Just need to keep an eye on leaches.

Yeah the problem is that dimorphs target the rider and not the mount, this is not restricted to the boss arena but they do it in the wild too.  I think the dragon firing fire balls (not the DoT breath) hurt the rider also. Its apparantly easier to tackle the alpha dragon as part of the Ragnarok boss fight, but that comes with its own issues just getting there.

Godmod is ever so slightly cheaty lol ?

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh yeah getting the artifact of the strong on the center and ragnarok is always an option. I just like mentioning hard snow tactics just incase thats not an option for some folk playing on what ever server/cluster they're playing on. Never done the center caves, but its disgusting how easy getting the Artifact of the Strong is on Ragnarok considering how hard it is on the island. Same goes for the Artifact of the Cunning in some ways.

I think a single carno is pushing it in the swamp cave, unless your talking of the southern ones, in which case it should be fine. For the Artifact of the Immune (I think) in hard swamp, I solo it with ease with my baryonyx accompanied by a full pack of hyaenadons. I just whistle the hyaenas on to the swarms and let them do the hard work, especially important when tackling the arthros so they dont break your armour. The pack buff and healing mechanic of the hyenas works wonders. Just need to keep an eye on leaches.

Yeah the problem is that dimorphs target the rider and not the mount, this is not restricted to the boss arena but they do it in the wild too.  I think the dragon firing fire balls (not the DoT breath) hurt the rider also. Its apparantly easier to tackle the alpha dragon as part of the Ragnarok boss fight, but that comes with its own issues just getting there.

Godmod is ever so slightly cheaty lol ?

Carno works the same fashion as Bary in swamp cave. Same rough dps and the carno has the advantage of being a bit bigger so you almost never get spit on

Hello again,

I think you can do it with a 55 level tamed Raptor but it takes skill and not brutal attacks. If you noticed when on foot dinos reactions are sooner and you can run away just getting one bat or dino to kill with your raptor. Try ti find your own methods. I have done all caves solo by just using my character setup and no dinos on officials Island map.

Edt: not tek cave LoL

However in single player you need to wait 30 min in the entrance of the cave so that the loot crates spawn. I do not know if there is a way to have them spawn faster or directly,  without cheating. Loot crates are revards for spending time in such horrible places.

Hence the wiki name: progression caves.

/Ariana

On 8/19/2018 at 5:08 PM, Astatine said:

I've been on ARK for about 30 hours now, and I've only dabbed into single player. I'm about at level 50 with a few tames with a few /admincheats to help me with it. I've recently learned about caves, endgame bosses, and the greater scheme of the story line. Apparently, the caves have been updated so that it is near impossible for a single player to complete it and obtain the artifact. If anyone wanted to join the single player, build up my base in the Hidden Lake, get to endgame, ascend, etc, I am open to hosting the world. Basically, just some people to play ARK with and have a good time. HMU on steam @https://steamcommunity.com/id/Astasine

If you are still interested in having someone join to help with caves and ascension. I am willing to help. You can add me on steam ravenjb76.

Archived