(Future of Ark) Maybe too soon for this question but a man wonders...

Voidstar

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

I would be interested to know if there would be more DLCs aswell. This is deffinatly the last story DLC, but I could forsee more free DLC maps like Ragnarok or the Center which would be nice. Not sure about paid DLCs though. 

The build quality of those modder made maps has been pretty terrible. If they are going to add more maps I would prefer WC made them themselves. Modders seem to lack self discipline. They go for the largest map size they can, then they throw every dino they can in there and every type of biome and then presto finito map finished... 

The end result is a big bland boring world that doesn't even look semi realistic. These maps also because of them having higher amounts of resources and dinos then other maps create an imbalance that leaves other maps pointless to play ie Scorched Earth.

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The build quality of those modder made maps has been pretty terrible. If they are going to add more maps I would prefer WC made them themselves. Modders seem to lack self discipline. They go for the largest map size they can, then they throw every dino they can in there and every type of biome and then presto finito map finished... 

The end result is a big bland boring world that doesn't even look semi realistic. These maps also because of them having higher amounts of resources and dinos then other maps create an imbalance that leaves other maps pointless to play ie Scorched Earth.

If we were to get more WC made maps I would be fully expecting to have to pay for those, whereas another  modder map would be a free DLC. I just see it much more likely that we would get a free modder map (Crystal Isle seems to be talked alot about, not that I know anything about it) rather than another paid WC map outside of extinction. This would go for any type of DLC.  

I guess its a matter of opinion. Ragnarok seems to be a very popular map. 

13 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Ragnarok is awesome but it has too much of everything indeed. I wish more focused (themed) maps would be added - like a subteraneean map or a frozen map

Before removing the island bosses on ragnarok, island was also pointless beyond the ascension...

I assume after this 'last dlc' that modders, under whatever program that's inplace that pays them, will be relied upon by WC to keep the game rolling with new content. I'm sure WC will provide details for desired content and the modders will do the rest. It wouldn't surprise me if the modders then basically sell their work to WC for them to release themselves. Who knows what's gonna happen. Shall find out. 

*Edit* 

I have no doubt that more maps will be released by modders working with the Conditions set by WC under their program. I anticipate that at some point, unless WC is going ham on Ark 2 with a year release date, WC will in the very least release more Dino's or modders will to which WC will fully condone. A subterranean map is much needed for map clusters, and I do believe one will be mustered up- after all it is what many have been asking for and it'd be stupid for atleast a modder to not pick up on it for his own popularity and for the potential to bank$.

WC isn't going to give up on their enterprise, so if this truly is the Last DLC, then modders will be paid to work while they work on another game if not Ark 2.

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

If we were to get more WC made maps I would be fully expecting to have to pay for those, whereas another  modder map would be a free DLC. I just see it much more likely that we would get a free modder map (Crystal Isle seems to be talked alot about, not that I know anything about it) rather than another paid WC map outside of extinction. This would go for any type of DLC.  

I guess its a matter of opinion. Ragnarok seems to be a very popular map. 

Crystal Islands is even larger then Ragnarok as it stands. Pretty beautiful map, but a long way from completion. I honestly think Shigo Islands should be added as the next official DLC map. It has a small desert, yes, and a few Aberration resources (Blue/Green gems) but its not a gargantuan like Ragnarok, and it's mostly complete unlike Crystal Islands.

52 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Crystal Islands is even larger then Ragnarok as it stands. Pretty beautiful map, but a long way from completion. I honestly think Shigo Islands should be added as the next official DLC map. It has a small desert, yes, and a few Aberration resources (Blue/Green gems) but its not a gargantuan like Ragnarok, and it's mostly complete unlike Crystal Islands.

Ah cool. Maybe it was that one I was thinking off, as now you mention it that one rings a bell too. I have no clue of modder maps other than Ragnarok and the Center, being on console. Would be nice to see another. 

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Shigo Islands isn't a bad map but it isn't a quality map in my view. Crystal Isles is closer to competition than Ragnarok was when it was made official. 3 months ago I'd agree but Crystal Isles has added a ton of content since 2018 started. It's mainly lacking the Rainforest, parts of the Desert and Snow, a small part of the Floating Isles, and extra work on the ocean, but the land that is completed is more than The Center map offers and it's very detailed and polished in many places now. The recent optimization patch also reduced the map's lag considerably. The map will likely be finished by the end of this year.

6 hours ago, Rahthos said:

Shigo Islands isn't a bad map but it isn't a quality map in my view. Crystal Isles is closer to competition than Ragnarok was when it was made official. 3 months ago I'd agree but Crystal Isles has added a ton of content since 2018 started. It's mainly lacking the Rainforest, parts of the Desert and Snow, a small part of the Floating Isles, and extra work on the ocean, but the land that is completed is more than The Center map offers and it's very detailed and polished in many places now. The recent optimization patch also reduced the map's lag considerably. The map will likely be finished by the end of this year.

When it's finished, then it should be released. Shigo Islands is finished, and it'll give another map to the official crowd.

There is also the Dragon total conversion. It looks pretty neat too.

I think there is plenty of reason to make more dlc. This story might wrap up, but there is still plenty that could be done. Expand the oceans, an ice age map. Perhaps a campaign mode even with NPCs. There is alot of meat on the bone still that people would be excited for.

Archived