pvp X2 Events??

Toronto91

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

its not that...but on weekends ppl have more time to play and the event was an extra motivation..sincerely i don t know what WC wants with this.

His the game decaying? and they want to acelerate the end of it? cuz this doesn t help.

Check the steam numbers and the decline over the last few months as they’ve tweaked the weekend events. It’s either a coincidence that as less events happen, usage drops or there is something there that some advanced analytics could uncover. 

Personally, it’s my theory that WC is working to lower official server populations so they can eliminate “low population” official (aka new) servers like they’re doing with legacy.  Time will tell, but I’d guess over the next 9-12 months we will see the announcements that official servers carry too low averages and they’ll be decommissioned.  I know our island, rag and aberration servers are super low pop.  Ab only has 1-3 most nights,  and the island/rag servers are just around 10 people each  

imo it's because PvE servers have all been capped for months, newer ones within weeks even. It's extremely frustrating to get event after event and you can do nothing because server cap allows neither taming nor breeding, holiday events were the worst. Even when new (*FRESH*) servers are released, we only get some VERY few PvE ones while the majority is PvP, even though we'd probably need them the most (judging by capped servers and tribes doing their best to contribute to a quick cap, but how many servers would be enough as long as this keeps happening...) - so my guess is that cutting down on events is an action to counteract overpopulation on PvE. Kind of like a "nerf" that works the other way for once, after we got so many PvP dino nerfs on PvE :P

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, Bug80 said:

I don't mind if they want to make them more infrequent, I'd just like some predictability/consistency so we can plan accordingly.

Make sure to view the most current community crunch to find out what they will be doing. The last evo event was just a slap up as thet weren’t ready to launch the king’s harvest which still needed tweaking.

I think what people really want is a scheduled events listing rather than the usual on a whim they are accustomed to, despite the warning in the community crunch.

I’d like to see roadmap of the game in general.

• Volunteer Moderator

next 2x should be this weekend, 5/25/2018 according to the last Community Crunch, which has been "scheduled" at least a week out.

as has been stated, if you want to know when the next Evo Event is you will need to check the Community Crunch post -- that is where the information will be located going forward.

1 hour ago, ThzNutz said:

next 2x should be this weekend, 5/25/2018 according to the last Community Crunch, which has been "scheduled" at least a week out.

as has been stated, if you want to know when the next Evo Event is you will need to check the Community Crunch post -- that is where the information will be located going forward.

The crunch just says there will be an EVO event, no details if it will be 2x or something different like kings harvest.

20 hours ago, flamron said:

Check the steam numbers and the decline over the last few months as they’ve tweaked the weekend events. It’s either a coincidence that as less events happen, usage drops or there is something there that some advanced analytics could uncover. 

Personally, it’s my theory that WC is working to lower official server populations so they can eliminate “low population” official (aka new) servers like they’re doing with legacy.  Time will tell, but I’d guess over the next 9-12 months we will see the announcements that official servers carry too low averages and they’ll be decommissioned.  I know our island, rag and aberration servers are super low pop.  Ab only has 1-3 most nights,  and the island/rag servers are just around 10 people each  

Correlation does not equal causation. Careful not to cherry pick bits and pieces of data to justify a request for more icing. Evolution Events are a bonus. We all like bonuses...but they're not bonuses if they happen the same way every time. 

...that said, if you truly believe that there is a secret conspiracy where Wildcard is trying to anger customers away from the game to reduce server populations, I don't imagine anything will change your mind. Stay safe!

Archived