Upcoming Tribe Size Limit?

19 minutes ago, Mendoza said:

We shouldn't "need" events to be our motivation to play the game...

If that is the case, then something drastic needs to change in the general game mechanics to make it better !  :)

if players numbers are levelling down..i don t think reducing the events on weekends will help to reverse the situation.

Unless there are some interest from the developers in this situation. No idea... 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Pinchofginger said:

While I think 10 might be a bit too low I fully support a tribe limit of some sort. I might "only" be a solo player but I know people who play PVP and some of the Mega tribes have too much power for it to be a fair fight. 

Just a run down of this thread; OP has take a poll out of context and used it as basis to discuss tribe limits which is fair but many people think the poll was to do with the current official servers, even though it clearly wasn’t.

There are no upcoming tribe member limits, just the devs are gathering thoughts and suggestions on their upcoming specialty servers.

No more repeating myself, from here on out. If people want to ignore the facts then so be it.

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Just a run down of this thread; OP has take a poll out of context and used it as basis to discuss tribe limits which is fair but many people think the poll was to do with the current official servers, even though it clearly wasn’t.

There are no upcoming tribe member limits, just the devs are gathering thoughts and suggestions on their upcoming specialty servers.

No more repeating myself, from here on out. If people want to ignore the facts then so be it.

You are probably right...  But it is still good to discuss the merits or lack of in relation to official PvP

Really stupid idea imo. If they are going to restrict it needs to be at least 20 for boss battles, tek cave, crafting accounts and to have some people in the tribe who don't play heaps often but like to jump on occasionally to help out, if they had to be in a seperate tribe they would probably get wiped due to not playing often enough and possibly quit altogether.
People are just going to make alliances anyway and if they are restricted people will still work together. Mega alliances will still be a thing.
Also 11 people is not a mega tribe lol.

Mega tribes on a PvP server doesnt make sense to me.. 

unless you want to play PvE within a PvP server you'll need a large over size tribe base to allow you to PvE within PvP game. 

in the true form of a 10man tribe, you dont see the limit applies to everyone. your currently looking at he way players have build massive empires within the server.. 

Raiding an Alpha tribe mostly comes down to, all your tribe members are logging on to the server till you have close to 70 players online..  and you have very little resistance cause they cant log to defend even if they want to,. and hope its not a cheating tribe that will rollback the server halfway in the raid to a time before the raid started. 

1 hour ago, Yster said:

Mega tribes on a PvP server doesnt make sense to me.. 

unless you want to play PvE within a PvP server you'll need a large over size tribe base to allow you to PvE within PvP game. 

in the true form of a 10man tribe, you dont see the limit applies to everyone. your currently looking at he way players have build massive empires within the server.. 

Raiding an Alpha tribe mostly comes down to, all your tribe members are logging on to the server till you have close to 70 players online..  and you have very little resistance cause they cant log to defend even if they want to,. and hope its not a cheating tribe that will rollback the server halfway in the raid to a time before the raid started. 

Well said Yster. Mega tribes run contrary to the fundamentals of PVP. That is good balance and competitiveness. They have single handedly turned away many players from this game.

All the players that I talk to that used to play this game, if I ask them what would get them interested in this game again they all say the same thing: the removal of mega tribes. Mega Tribes are a cancer to this great game that needs to be doused in radiation and hacked at with a scalpel. 

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

All the players that I talk to that used to play this game, if I ask them what would get them interested in this game again they all say the same thing: the removal of mega tribes. Mega Tribes are a cancer to this great game that needs to be doused in radiation and hacked at with a scalpel. 

If you don't like megatribes and you want them to go away, just say so. You don't need to make stuff up like "Everyone I've talked to...." to tell people that you have a strong opinion on the matter. There is no indication of an "upcoming" tribe limit size change, especially one it seems you're hoping for. I don't think WC has at any point recently suggested any such thing to be the case, making your post title somewhat misleading and pointless.

Wildcard is unlikely to change the game to fit anyones' personal tastes, nor the tastes of an "inspired" minority within the community...they finally seem to have learned their lesson on that. Now just as always - since all the way back to early access - players are able to play on unofficial servers with admin-set tribe limits should they choose to do so. 

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If you don't like megatribes and you want them to go away, just say so. You don't need to make stuff up like "Everyone I've talked to...." to tell people that you have a strong opinion on the matter. There is no indication of an "upcoming" tribe limit size change, especially one it seems you're hoping for. I don't think WC has at any point recently suggested any such thing to be the case, making your post title somewhat misleading and pointless.

Wildcard is unlikely to change the game to fit anyones' personal tastes, nor the tastes of an "inspired" minority within the community...they finally seem to have learned their lesson on that. Now just as always - since all the way back to early access - players are able to play on unofficial servers with admin-set tribe limits should they choose to do so. 

Read my comments on this thread and how everyone chose to ignore them despite them being factual and not taken out of context.

7 hours ago, TripleBox said:

If they really want to do this they have to remove tribe alliances from the game or it will just be another big waste of time.

Yes well obviously alliances would need to be heavily restricted or removed all together. I'm in favour of 1 alliance per tribe in a two way connection. The tribe you ally with can only have you as their ally also.

Everyone has different view on the game.

Some players prefer big wars as pvp, where you use hundreds of dinos, thousands structures and so. Someone prefers small scale pvp, when its mostly about ground pvp and bolas.

You cannot force someone your view of the game and how it should be played. You can take official pvp as open market, where meta was forced by game changes/nerfs/community/amount of servers. 

37 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

i would say ... finally! ... but probably too late for majority of players ... :(

It is a bit late but its never too late to try. I honestly think that if at least they make a cluster of say 10 servers or so with a couple from each region that at a minimum they will attract past players back to their game.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:48 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

It is a bit late but its never too late to try. I honestly think that if at least they make a cluster of say 10 servers or so with a couple from each region that at a minimum they will attract past players back to their game.

i have been solo player and i have been part of different size tribes from few people to megatribe. best experience it up to 10-15 people. and i would say thats the size that game is designed for

21 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

i have been solo player and i have been part of different size tribes from few people to megatribe. best experience it up to 10-15 people. and i would say thats the size that game is designed for

It seems just about everyone is in agreement that the game needs far smaller tribes rather then these giant ones. We just need the developers to act now with the will of the people behind them.

I believe  there shouldn't be a tribe count ; why in the heck should there even be a tribe count? For those people who can't make friends ? Can't learn to play ark and expand? For people who can't pvp? People who need special requirements to play a survival game? Stick to pve or those dumb other game modes I say. Ark is a survival game hence the name- if they lower the tribe cap the whole game would need to be reconfigured. Quit being a baby and stay in pve or hide in your thatch hut beach bobs

What if certain servers on the official network had different tribe size restrictions?

A server with 100 man alliance and tribe could then raid a server.... but that server rules could be 10 man tribe no alliance.

They could raid, but not to the effectiveness of a 100 man single tribe.

Of course, I'm overlooking the obvious workaround where you pop cap the server with all your people then go afk for 10 of your raiders, so defenders can't log on.

As bad as they are to call people stupid for getting scared it will effect them, @DJRone89 is right in saying this is just for specialty servers they are wanting to release. This is not a change they are making to the current cluster of standard pvp. Mega tribes will still be able to play mega style and people looking for more can go to these new servers. For those of you that do not want to watch the video that KISHKO posted, it was asking for a tribe limit like Jen made the  poll on. If this is not your ideal tribe size there is no need to worry. :)

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, SCEDeadeye said:

100% another way to kill Ark.  You force people to play a certain way and take away their choices to play solo or with a 100+. You will kill your game but you've already done that in multiple ways to your game that's why the pop it falling.

How did you draw that conclusion when it’s your choice to play on either type of server.

Welp

Definition of tribe

1a : a social group comprising numerous families, clans, or generations together with slaves, dependents, or adopted strangers

I'm not sure how you're going to get a Tribe out of 5-10 people. It's realistically not a Tribe at that point, or one that's about to be extinct. 

The realistic problem with this whole scenario is Devs pandering to small groups crying about Megatribes. 

ABOUT THIS GAME

As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame & breed the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

So how is it, a game that literally markets itself and to it's players about being cunning, teaming up with or preying upon hundreds of other players, suddenly wants to shift to some communist level garbage? Make the game more fair by limit your tribe sizes from hundreds to a mere handful so everyone is equal?? You're not a tribe at that point, there wont be the "tribal warfare" that was marketed, or that has been a constant in the game since EA release. That's quarreling neighbors at that point.

And sorry to burst the bubble here, you can't put a limit on cunning, even if you did limit tribes, they'd still team up in the hundreds anyway.

• Eli locked this topic

Archived