What keeps you going?

DoughBoy93

I just don't have the motivation to play anymore I have played for roughly 1.5k hours which is small time to alot of people still.

Just feel like it's the same old same old and feel I'm done with the game for now inless the devs drastically improve the game.

What make's you still want to play the game or what is your reason's your bored of it?

I would like to finish everything in the game before I hang up my spurs since I have so much time invested.

I do get bored though.  I played a long time on official but because we prefer a small tribe, getting caught up in cross ark mega tribe wars got old after a while.  We run our own dedicated cluster now, but that's insanely hard to satisfy the masses.  It appears that most dedicated server players either want high boosted stats so they can PVP the hell out of one another or they only want PVE.  Now I am laughing at myself.  Really, they all want to be able to raid others but have no one raid them.  Yeah, that sounds right.

I like the grind so we are only lightly boosted, but not too many players that fit that category.

What I would really like WC to do is bring back some Official Servers that do not allow Cross Ark Transfers.  I miss the days of having full PVP abilities, but only exercising them when needed to defend or deal with an injustice.  Prior to Cross Ark, there was more of a sense of community (with a flare of violence) to the server.  You had to have a social game to survive, but if you did, a small tribe like mine could make alliances that meant something.  Now, you can have all the alliances you want.  If one of the big boy tribes visits your server, you are TOAST.

I still feel like alot of pvp players would be much happier on orp servers, theres cross ark 5 cluster for officials, I've had bases on there since the release of abberration. 

Theres a lot more small tribe activity. also if your raided, at least you get to be there, fight the enemy, see if you have what it takes. 

Also you can be more creative with your orp base set up, you see a good spot to shoot your base from put a passive purlovia in the ground there with turrets batteries and bullets in them, spawn there when someone tries to raid you and give them a surprise! 

just one example, however narco traps, ieds, rocket lauchers, c4, even bear traps, plant y traps, plant z fruit, whips, all of it can be used for defence on orp, since you WILL certainly be online to use them. 

pvp should've had orp from the beginning. 

ohh and to adhear to the topic orp pvp. stays fun and is keeping me going :)

Every 2-3 months I get bored and take a break for a couple weeks. But my motivation has always returned. I find new stuff to do like continueing my never ending main base project, breeding light pets, raising a drake army (since the nests have finally been fixed), taming aberrant gigantopithecus to breed them. There's always something pulling me back.

2 hours ago, jlhanna2 said:

I would like to finish everything in the game before I hang up my spurs since I have so much time invested.

I do get bored though.  I played a long time on official but because we prefer a small tribe, getting caught up in cross ark mega tribe wars got old after a while.  We run our own dedicated cluster now, but that's insanely hard to satisfy the masses.  It appears that most dedicated server players either want high boosted stats so they can PVP the hell out of one another or they only want PVE.  Now I am laughing at myself.  Really, they all want to be able to raid others but have no one raid them.  Yeah, that sounds right.

I like the grind so we are only lightly boosted, but not too many players that fit that category.

What I would really like WC to do is bring back some Official Servers that do not allow Cross Ark Transfers.  I miss the days of having full PVP abilities, but only exercising them when needed to defend or deal with an injustice.  Prior to Cross Ark, there was more of a sense of community (with a flare of violence) to the server.  You had to have a social game to survive, but if you did, a small tribe like mine could make alliances that meant something.  Now, you can have all the alliances you want.  If one of the big boy tribes visits your server, you are TOAST.

lol this had me weak

"getting caught up in cross ark mega tribe wars got old after a while"

"Really, they all want to be able to raid others but have no one raid them"

The audacity to type this just wow.

1 hour ago, MikeLitorus said:

I still feel like alot of pvp players would be much happier on orp servers, theres cross ark 5 cluster for officials, I've had bases on there since the release of abberration. 

Theres a lot more small tribe activity. also if your raided, at least you get to be there, fight the enemy, see if you have what it takes. 

Also you can be more creative with your orp base set up, you see a good spot to shoot your base from put a passive purlovia in the ground there with turrets batteries and bullets in them, spawn there when someone tries to raid you and give them a surprise! 

just one example, however narco traps, ieds, rocket lauchers, c4, even bear traps, plant y traps, plant z fruit, whips, all of it can be used for defence on orp, since you WILL certainly be online to use them. 

pvp should've had orp from the beginning. 

Since when has official servers had orp and how do you see what server have it active?

1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

take a long greak until after all the TLC patches are finished and released so the game will feel a decent bit new ahain, if the game still feels boring after that then yeah you might as well permanently move on. I don't see the game changing any more after the TLCs are finished.

Yeah this is the plan for me the game has just got stale but don't see any major changes happening either.

1 hour ago, DownLikeSyndrome said:

lol this had me weak

"getting caught up in cross ark mega tribe wars got old after a while"

"Really, they all want to be able to raid others but have no one raid them"

The audacity to type this just wow.

you think mega tribes wiping servers is PVP or raiding? not even a remote chance of survival. The audacity to type this just wow.

22 minutes ago, Bain said:

you think mega tribes wiping servers is PVP or raiding? not even a remote chance of survival. The audacity to type this just wow.

"you think mega tribes wiping servers is PVP or raiding" yes it is how is it not? And anyone who raids minus well be a mega tribe mostly everyone raids people who they know they can take out or if they are trying to offline no one raids someone who can just deck them once they find out lol. mega tribe or not if your getting raided they are most likely bigger then you or your size.

2 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Since when has official servers had orp and how do you see what server have it active?

Yeah this is the plan for me the game has just got stale but don't see any major changes happening either.

just saw this, theres an EU cluster on officials cross ark 5. They say offline raid protection on the server name too. 

much easier to manage your stuff for pvp on there. 

When i feel ark getting boring i chose to think of projects i can do. I also make it a point to make as many friends on my server as possible since it helps to have a friend who can help u when u need it. I love my friends and miss the ones that quit ark after ragnarok came out but they make ark worth playing.

Meh, not installed atm, left the game machine behind in a move for a job. The only reason I'd buy a machine that could play it and reinstall is to finish customizing my "dangerous PvE" server settings. I was almost finished and it felt pretty right - the beginning is tough, you work to get going, dino tames are absolutely essential to progress and good tames are treasures, wild anythings are to be taken seriously no matter what you're riding, no loot crates except for red drops (you want loot, go deep caving m'friend, and btw Rag is absolutely beautiful without supply drops ruining the view!), harvest and recipe amounts reduced by a lot so you still have to gather, but don't have to haul insane amounts of stuff to make things, etc. (And certain bs annoyance critters GONE and replaced with medium-danger wilds that yield useful mats. What a great change.)

Still needs a couple of major mod changes in how Ark does crafting and taming, but the groundwork is getting there. And with those changes Ark will be a pretty sweet PvE OR PvP experience imo. So there's that :D

Mainly the building aspect actually. I quite enjoy building new bases just for the fun of it. Going after and taming high level or rare dinos as well makes it interesting. 

That said, if I do get bored, usually i will just leave the game for a few months and comeback to it whenever I have the mood for it. Like right now, I actually took a break from Ark for more than a year and then I got back to it (partly also because I was looking into Scorched Earth and decided to try the map). 

To this date, I've restarted probably about 5 times total now since I bought the game. 

Guest DJRone89

My hosted community keeps me going. One point last year I was ready to throw in the towel after so many corrupted saves on my player dedicated (Xbox).

If it wasn’t for their support I would have quit then and there but their willingness to continue playing helped a lot.

Once we upgraded to rented, I changed a lot of settings to allow people to take long breaks from the game and still have something to come back to - something official simply cannot offer.

People donate too so it’s not a financial worry keeping the servers going either. It’s the best scenario because we can still enjoy Ark, but aren’t tied down to it.

8 hours ago, MikeLitorus said:

just saw this, theres an EU cluster on officials cross ark 5. They say offline raid protection on the server name too. 

much easier to manage your stuff for pvp on there. 

I play on xbox I have had a look and it don't look like we get any of these orp servers on official. This might of been the only thing to make me carry on playing the idea that the only way to raid is to pvp first sounds good to me and much easy to accept the loss of your loot when you had a go at defending instead of being wiped offline. 

16 hours ago, DoughBoy93 said:

I just don't have the motivation to play anymore I have played for roughly 1.5k hours which is small time to alot of people still.

Just feel like it's the same old same old and feel I'm done with the game for now inless the devs drastically improve the game.

What make's you still want to play the game or what is your reason's your bored of it?

You've gotta be more specific. I mean do you want a massive overhaul or do you want them to fix your personal problems with the game.

I have 3,116 hours in total and i'm still not bored. I play an unofficial PVE server and honestly its a much better experience than official if you don't want to sink your entire day into the game. I say that even though I have 3,116 hours I only play about 1-2 hours a day anymore. I just breed for fully mutated dinosaurs and I breed dinosaurs and other creatures to over level 400 at birth / hatch (The server I play is difficulty seven so the max wild level is 210 making tamed dinosaurs 314. So getting to 400 is +86 levels so if it were official it would be 224+86=310)

4 hours ago, Grandta said:

You've gotta be more specific. I mean do you want a massive overhaul or do you want them to fix your personal problems with the game.

Well for official I would like them to put a tribe limit of max 10 people with no allies. I understand mega tribes won't like this so make new servers for it or even better new clusters. 

Fix bugs and exploits one bug that has been in the game for so long is being able to jump into moving boats I can't believe that's still a thing makes boat building pointless.

Archived