Pre tame stats question.

Grandta

17 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

If you ever plan to breed for mutations later, it is very important that you avoid all mutations until you have your all stat, 0 mutation pair.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I could not disagree more with that. By combining your stats for mutating purpose you ends up with ghost markers which results into twice as more eggs needed to mutate a specific stat. I will always recommend to keep your stats separated and never duplicate markers until you have 20 that are mutations in the stat you are looking for. This is how I used to do on legacy:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/272654-officially-killed-beta-and-alpha-dragon-on-official/&do=findComment&comment=1584212

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/272654-officially-killed-beta-and-alpha-dragon-on-official/&do=findComment&comment=1584359

I personally don't believe the 85 and was most likely the results of an outdated stats calculator. As far as I know, the max points into a single stat used to be 62 without mutation. At least, this was the max non-mutated stats that was being traded around from players that were taming wild babies.

Ok I am not certain about this and really don't understand it. If I start a new thread as to keep this one focused on taming can yall explain it there?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I personally don't believe the 85 and was most likely the results of an outdated stats calculator. As far as I know, the max points into a single stat used to be 62 without mutation. At least, this was the max non-mutated stats that was being traded around from players that were taming wild babies.

The 85 could also just have been a bug in the aberrant version. So 62 by "taming wild babies", that was the glitch where bred babies could be knocked out and "tamed" gaining more levels from taming effectiveness yea?

Breeding discussion moved here V

It wasn't an outdated calculator.  It was Dododex and I double checked it manually.  I'm not throwing out that it could have been a "bug" in the aberrant version, but I think we're confusing a soft cap with a hard cap.  A soft cap is a situation where the probability (*edit* in terms of RNG related things) is so low that your best expected result is one thing where it's still possible to reach something else.  A hard cap is a number that you won't breach under any circumstances (in this case wild levels pre-breeding).  I don't believe there is a hard cap on wild level ups per stat, period.

Other soft caps include situations where the effort involved is so great and the return is so little that there's discernably no benefit to it.  An example of this would be if you have, say, a level 375 rex with 100+ melee mutations on a 50+ melee base rex.  The extra 3 melee mutations you could get are so minor on that rex that it's not worth actually striving for it.

Dododex taming speed is correct.  Perhaps you just haven't used it in quite some time?  It's spot on.  Wasted points are still very much a possibility on all dinos that can add points to movement speed.  It would be nice if they would just apply the movement speed levels at half or one quarter the normal value once the dino is tamed, though.  (25 points into movement speed on a karkinos?  That karkinos tames up with 112.5% movement speed.)

3 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Dododex taming speed is correct.  Perhaps you just haven't used it in quite some time?  It's spot on.  Wasted points are still very much a possibility on all dinos that can add points to movement speed.  It would be nice if they would just apply the movement speed levels at half or one quarter the normal value once the dino is tamed, though.  (25 points into movement speed on a karkinos?  That karkinos tames up with 112.5% movement speed.)

+1 I use DodoDex all the time.

@Onimusha759 do you have "use single player settings" checked in the settings for DodoDex? Maybe that is causing your issue. 

9 hours ago, Thorium said:

Thats the misconception. You lower your overall chance of a great tame by wasting time taming dinos with very low chance to come out good. You don't have all time in the world to do it. It's pretty much the same reason you should not play lotto ever. The chances are so slim that you can round it to a guaranteed lose. And it doesn't matters how many tickets you buy. You increase your chance to get rich by a so insignificant number, it doesnt even increase your chance to get rich by some random event. For example you stumbling over a treasure (which does actually happens).

It's the exact same for taming. If there is a 150 with 10 levels in the stat i want, it's a guaranteed junk tame. Taming it will not increase my chance to get a good tame.

Well, obviously I don't go to the extreme you mention either, I understand there's a limit to RNG and diminishing returns. But if it has an average roll sure I'll see what it comes out at. An animal with 25 in one stat can easily dump 15+ points in as easily as one with 30 might only throw down 1-2 points. In my experience, the highest pre-tame roll they have is rarely the highest one they end up with when they stand up, which is why I don't rely on pre-tame values.

It's worth noting I'm not a competitive breeder and I don't play on officials, so I don't have the dino level cap to worry about either. Where one person might only take 1-2 stats on an animal, I might take 4 or even 5 depending on the species. This is where what I was talking about earlier comes into play about the type of server affecting how one might tame breeding stock. I can afford to "waste" my time when I can tame say 4-5 animals in the time it would take to do one on official rates. I understand my experience is not going to be close to standard, but it's worth noting due to how considerable the difference in playstyles can be.

6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

I believe he just hasn't used it since ragnarok dropped.  Because of the changes that were made to the game, dododex added in options to specify what rates the server has going for various things.  When you put these in correctly, dododex is spot on.

Im not the only 1 to hav this problem funny man.  I play every map and after ragnarok was released the taming speed is 2.5x better ON ALL MAPS.  The ark community leader of thousands of ps4 players has also noticed the rate change.  I can confirm rate change on island, SE and rag.  My games taming speed is set to 1 lik it has always been.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Im not the only 1 to hav this problem funny man.  I play every map and after ragnarok was released the taming speed is 2.5x better ON ALL MAPS.  The ark community leader of thousands of ps4 players has also noticed the rate change.  I can confirm rate change on island, SE and rag.  My games taming speed is set to 1 lik it has always been.

ok?  I didn't argue any of that.  I said you likely haven't used Dododex since then, if you found it to be incorrect at the time.  My point was that Dododex has been updated several times since ragnarok was released and, according to what happens in the game right now, is spot on.  During evolution events, you slap 2 in the taming rate box and it's perfect.  Outside of evolution events, you put a 1 in there, and it's perfect.  I'm not saying anything derogatory toward you.  Calm yourself down.

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

ok?  I didn't argue any of that.  I said you likely haven't used Dododex since then, if you found it to be incorrect at the time.  My point was that Dododex has been updated several times since ragnarok was released and, according to what happens in the game right now, is spot on.  During evolution events, you slap 2 in the taming rate box and it's perfect.  Outside of evolution events, you put a 1 in there, and it's perfect.  I'm not saying anything derogatory toward you.  Calm yourself down.

Dsnt work 4 me lik that, i hav used dododex since rag has released, i used it a couple weeks ago, and ik 4 a fact its 104 baryonyx kibble number is off.  I hav to put 2.5 or 5 during the event to get the right number

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Is it perhaps a severely outdated version of dododex? Literally every Dino I tame I check with it and it's always spot on. 

Screenshot just now from my app

https://worldimages.gallery/images/2018/02/24/l0C8b.png

I use the website thru my ps4 browser to check dododex or its competitions site.  Idky but i hav to input 2.5 or i bring way to much stuff

12 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Perhaps your PS4 browser has an old version cached? 

Idk, i google searched it rn as i was taming a 116 wolf.  Dododex says it takes 6 kibble with the 2x event, but it only takes 3 kibble.  Once i put it as 5x it comes up as 3 kibble needed.  Wat does ur version say for a 116 wolf?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Idk, i google searched it rn as i was taming a 116 wolf.  Dododex says it takes 6 kibble with the 2x event, but it only takes 3 kibble.  Once i put it as 5x it comes up as 3 kibble needed.  Wat does ur version say for a 116 wolf?

Hmm. 116? Definitely not officials so my guess here is that you are on a server that doesn't have default rates.

15 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Yeah... +1 to you not being on official... You have to put your actual rates in the app for it to be correct.  Open your server info and grab the rates your server is using. 

18 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Hmm. 116? Definitely not officials so my guess here is that you are on a server that doesn't have default rates.

Ur kidding right, the islands max lvl is 120 and i play single player with normal rates.  The islands offset is 4 so its lvls go 4 8 12...112 116 120.  On the center and rag where the offset is 5 the lvls go in multiples of 5.  I hav my difficulty and tame rate set to 1.0 which is where they r supposed 2 b.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ur kidding right, the islands max lvl is 120 and i play single player with normal rates.  The islands offset is 4 so its lvls go 4 8 12...112 116 120.  On the center and rag where the offset is 5 the lvls go in multiples of 5

The island has been at max level 150 dinos for well over a year now. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ur kidding right, the islands max lvl is 120 and i play single player with normal rates.  The islands offset is 4 so its lvls go 4 8 12...112 116 120.  On the center and rag where the offset is 5 the lvls go in multiples of 5.  I hav my difficulty and tame rate set to 1.0 which is where they r supposed 2 b.

Official servers difficulty is 5.0 no matter the map for quite a while, as @Joebl0w13 mentioned. That being said, you are on SP using SP settings which force Taming Speed to 2.5.

Turn off SP settings or adapt on the calculators; can't be more simple than that.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The island has been at max level 150 dinos for well over a year now. 

Thank u, i was wondering if they had changed it.  Iv tried searching that info b4 but i cud nvr find a solid answer.  I had a thread on here months ago asking wat the settings had 2 b to replicate official but no1 was rly able 2 help

12 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Official servers difficulty is 5.0 no matter the map for quite a while, as @Joebl0w13 mentioned. That being said, you are on SP using SP settings which force Taming Speed to 2.5.

Turn off SP settings or adapt on the calculators; can't be more simple than that.

I dnt hav the sp settings box checked tho

I decided 2 double check and wow, u guys r right the dumb box was checked.  I thot 4 certain i nvr checked that dumb box.  I hav to thank u guys a lot.  I hav had 2 worry a lot bout whether my game was broken and now ik its ok.  U guys also managed to help me figure out at least 2 other questions i had so thanks a lot guys

• 4 months later...

I understand both viewpoints here. But just to share my experience from today. I downed lvl 145 rex, it had all stats average, dmg below 30 points. I almost decided to kill him, but in the end decided to tame him. After the tame it had all stats average, but dmg was very high. By my calculation it received around 35 levels post tame into damage (I took into consideration taming multiplier and additive bonus for that calculation).

Archived