Please I need S+

dodomaster420

50 minutes ago, dodomaster420 said:

building in officials is a pain in the ass. I want to know a date and it would be even better if they separate PVE and PVP in terms of what they are putting in the official update, sick of living in the shadow of PVP(I want my backwards sprint back for my Griffy)

I can only assume that they haven't given a date yet because there isn't one to give. When there is they'll let us know. Don't hold your breath on the reverse-sprint Griffin mechanic though. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Jrminot said:

If I recall the original announcement, they didn't even guarantee that it would be implemented fully, partially, or at all. I assume they will partially implement it, but forget about it and be surprised if/when they do.

Yes they did say it would be implemented, just not exactly what parts of it.

3 hours ago, HiImZech said:

umm...

you don't need s+

you need practices on building. try doing it in sp for that

I practice my building skills there. even came up with new ways of building in single player.

stuff are free just spawn them in

Yeah we need S+ or at least a complete building overhaul. Practice in single player will only get you so far. Nothing more annoying than having a structure placed perfectly and then when you place it, it goes of onto a different snap point. We need the ability to pick up at least fresh placed structures. So much time and resources wasted with an extremely clunky building sustem.

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah we need S+ or at least a complete building overhaul. Practice in single player will only get you so far. Nothing more annoying than having a structure placed perfectly and then when you place it, it goes of onto a different snap point. We need the ability to pick up at least fresh placed structures. So much time and resources wasted with an extremely clunky building sustem.

oh ya if you're talking about that then yes we need something better.

if you wanna know about a year ago it was even worst with no snap point rotation keys. we can only adjust our angle and distance with our characters.

back then you place something down it may snap to other spots or be rotated

9 hours ago, HiImZech said:

oh ya if you're talking about that then yes we need something better.

if you wanna know about a year ago it was even worst with no snap point rotation keys. we can only adjust our angle and distance with our characters.

back then you place something down it may snap to other spots or be rotated

It's still pretty much like that on console. And that's probably the reason why they are planning on implementing it so it's not as painful to build for console players.

I'm wondering why there is an assumption in the OP that if PVP and PVE had separate mechanics for more things, that PVE would be LESS restrictive.  If anything, it would likely be the opposite.

PVE is supposed to be "primarily" player vs. the environment... with the environment largely taking the place of other players when it comes to the level of danger and difficulty present.  Yes, there is still intense competition possible between players on a PVE server, but that's a whole separate conversation.

So while I don't see it happening, if PVP and PVE mechanics became more specialized and seperated I would expect things to get much more difficult and dangerous on PVE servers.  One of the main issues plaguing official PVE servers is the general lack of attrition and destruction of player bases and tames.  Tame caps are quickly reached, player bases become sprawling complexes far larger than is necessary for the size of the owning tribe... and the existing natural hazards presently do little to curb this.

So the moral of this story is a simple one... be careful what you wish for.  You may get it.

Archived