Really struggling to find a route to drake eggs

Ronson12

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a larger waterfall at the green level to the east overlooking the blue. to the right is the starting path to go down. From there go downward to the right. Then keep an eye on the big helix metal structure the drake pit is around that. So anytime on ur path down you seem to be getting too far direction away from the helix you are probably going the wrong way. Plan on at least 2-3 suits until you get used to the way down. Even at that point i always take 2 if not 3 sets of suits. The pit you can walk down to is the one the giant bones is facing. the other is mainly only accessible i think via drakes probably. So in your singleplayer you can fly down to that part and start walking ur way up the path and work it backwards.

Is how we descended. Creative usage of ziplines to cross the chasm.

Heard of people using wingsuits to jump down, heard people using pickaxe equipment. Even seen videos of people going down with karikinos and roll rats....

You need some luck though to have eggs spawn and have them high level. But it should at least give you something based on which hatchery you end up in.

Just be careful to fight for your life when you pick up an egg.

This video i think the guy will show you the entire walk down to get to the pit. Very long video bc it is a long walk. Stock plenty of haz suits and solid megalos and spinos. When you get there you can back around corner and refresh the nests and go back to try to optimise one trip down. If you get beat up walk back up to nearest plant z heal and go back.

1 minute ago, Flakz said:

Shows the entire ground path down to the drake nest. bring a megalo or 2 and you're good to go :)

This path goes down, but isnt this the one going through the heart of the reaper queen area? which is very very dangerous esp with no real escape yet. I think this is close to where we built our reaper queen trap

Just now, bigfishrob said:

This path goes down, but isnt this the one going through the heart of the reaper queen area? which is very very dangerous esp with no real escape yet. I think this is close to where we built our reaper queen trap

i went down there yesterday. didnt encounter a single reaper at all. might just have been luck tho

2 minutes ago, Flakz said:

i went down there yesterday. didnt encounter a single reaper at all. might just have been luck tho

i think you got lucky. the other path that starts at the waterfall intersects at the left at around 1:30 in your video. The area just before that has a lot of reaper queen spawns. Coming down the other path you can go all the way down with no reaper queen spawns and only one spawn on the way back up and it is a low occurrence spawn as well. One thing to keep in mind when using megalo, purlovia can dismount you. one popped rad suit and u are likely toast.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

i think you got lucky. the other path that starts at the waterfall intersects at the left at around 1:30 in your video. The area just before that has a lot of reaper queen spawns. Coming down the other path you can go all the way down with no reaper queen spawns and only one spawn on the way back up and it is a low occurrence spawn as well. One thing to keep in mind when using megalo, purlovia can dismount you. one popped rad suit and u are likely toast.

always bring spare suits man. :P always bring spares 

5 minutes ago, Flakz said:

always bring spare suits man. :P always bring spares 

i do, but thinking the ppl asking for info are newer to running those areas. I recommend keeping one whole good suit and minimal other items on personal inventory to equip quick if you get a purlovia smack or the dang arthro blast(arthro can pop suit on drake, but it is rare)

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Heard of people using wingsuits to jump down, heard people using pickaxe equipment. Even seen videos of people going down with karikinos and roll rats....

You need some luck though to have eggs spawn and have them high level. But it should at least give you something based on which hatchery you end up in.

The best video I have seen for getting down there, thanks. I like the bit where you jump from one zipline to another I didn't know you could do that, I am half way through making a zipline network down to The bottom and was thinking of taking a similar route. Will be following your route down the spine. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

The best video I have seen for getting down there, thanks. I like the bit where you jump from one zipline to another I didn't know you could do that, I am half way through making a zipline network down to The bottom and was thinking of taking a similar route. Will be following your route down the spine. Thanks. 

Something I learned from my girlfriend actually :P

I usually just tag behind her and she makes these elaborate patterns taking us up or down to drops. Tricky part is figuring out whether you can reach a point due the drop-off when shooting.

We are hoping to get a second drake soon. Then we are gonna try to find a "relatively" safe path down there with em.

33 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Something I learned from my girlfriend actually :P

I usually just tag behind her and she makes these elaborate patterns taking us up or down to drops. Tricky part is figuring out whether you can reach a point due the drop-off when shooting.

We are hoping to get a second drake soon. Then we are gonna try to find a "relatively" safe path down there with em.

Once u have a drake its ez pz. Straight swoop down. Hit the nest in the back then quickly fly out and crawl straight up. First major ledge has a plant z to heal. We usually heal up and drop back down for more

Also additional question how many potions did you go through to protect from radiation on ravagers? What kind of stats you got on them dedi ravagers base?

6 hours ago, Olivar said:

What's the highest possible level a drake egg can have on official servers?

11 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Once u have a drake its ez pz. Straight swoop down. Hit the nest in the back then quickly fly out and crawl straight up. First major ledge has a plant z to heal. We usually heal up and drop back down for more

Also additional question how many potions did you go through to protect from radiation on ravagers? What kind of stats you got on them dedi ravagers base?

None as we don't take the ravagers into the radiation zones. We simply use them to descend the ziplines to just above the radiation zones and then use spinos. 

Ravagers get you hit with poison spits from.creepy crawlies. Spinos don't. I don't even know if ravagers are immune to radiation. Spinos are so no potions needed for them at all.

As for breeding we are still looking for a good 150 female to start with our 145 male we just caught.

Why is nobody taking crabs down? You can jump from nest to nest. We have 1 crab pumped to 40k health for tanking, and another pumped to 20k hp and 650 damage. They're mate boosted and can take on all the drakes that come after us with primitive saddles.

They also don't take radiation damage and you can cut the trip in half by jumping in because they take almost no fall damage.

Girlfriend and I left with about a dozen drake eggs each and blew one set of hazmat each. 

1 hour ago, RasFW said:

Why is nobody taking crabs down? You can jump from nest to nest. We have 1 crab pumped to 40k health for tanking, and another pumped to 20k hp and 650 damage. They're mate boosted and can take on all the drakes that come after us with primitive saddles.

They also don't take radiation damage and you can cut the trip in half by jumping in because they take almost no fall damage.

Girlfriend and I left with about a dozen drake eggs each and blew one set of hazmat each. 

This on official? Last attempts with crabs resulted in dead crabs. Drakes swarm and pin. And crabs cant jump at all when they get hit. Megas tear drakes up and take almost no dmg but cant get out of the pit.  You can easilly jump spinos and megs down to the non radiation spot at the top of the spiral section. Jump em down an bring a bunch of picks to climb str8 up and out. 

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

This on official? Last attempts with crabs resulted in dead crabs. Drakes swarm and pin. And crabs cant jump at all when they get hit. Megas tear drakes up and take almost no dmg but cant get out of the pit.  You can easilly jump spinos and megs down to the non radiation spot at the top of the spiral section. Jump em down an bring a bunch of picks to climb str8 up and out. 

Need 2 crabs. The tank grabs the eggs and jumps out of the pit towards the other crab. For damage, he does what he can once he's on flat ground. Other crab stays far enough back to not get aggro and jumps in when most drakes are aggroed to the first crab. Best if you can get all the drakes on one side of the tank. Other crab can reach over him to do damage from relative safety.

We've come close to losing a crab once when we grabbed an egg with the damage crab instead, but never lost a crab with this tactic.

The absolute fastest method to get ur first drake is tame 2-3 megas. Get ur fab and rad suits and gliders going need 3-4sets per person. I suggest a backup set to be left in a box with glide suit for rescue. Gather materials to build an outpost box to park megas in when u drop em down. Find the place to drop down beside the pink lake. It is actually not radiation but u drop through some radiation to get to it. Walk the megas over...jump off close to the bottom so no fall dmg. Build ur box and store ur baxkup rad suit and climbing picks to bring the eggs up. From that pink lake u can simply follow the one winding path down to the pit. When u get there go to the wall that over looks ur path do not drop down into the pit. There are 3 eggs on the wall get them kill and fight everything til tu round the corner to go up the hill. If u have good enough eggs walk back up to park the megas. If u need better sit at the last corner a couple mins them repeat as long as u have rad suits. Dont bs dont mess around grabbing eggs drake will swarm and pin u in seconds. Literally snatch and dive and get back on megas asap.

6 minutes ago, RasFW said:

Need 2 crabs. The tank grabs the eggs and jumps out of the pit towards the other crab. For damage, he does what he can once he's on flat ground. Other crab stays far enough back to not get aggro and jumps in when most drakes are aggroed to the first crab. Best if you can get all the drakes on one side of the tank. Other crab can reach over him to do damage from relative safety.

We've come close to losing a crab once when we grabbed an egg with the damage crab instead, but never lost a crab with this tactic.

Megas can mash and survive more drakes than even a tank crab im sure. Just slower to escape. But the reality is it is only slow the first egg. When u got a drake it is a lot faster. I see crabs as viable but a lot tougher to tame than ko a few megas and feed em sheep that there are plety of. 

Archived