Do Aberrant Megalosaurus continue to stay awake indefinitely when on other maps?

NooNoot

1 minute ago, Frogspoison said:

A 225 is a 150 with 100% effectiveness, is more what I meant. My main point was, taming effectiveness does NOT matter for breeding, so you can use whatever you want as long as you tame it, if the primary purpose of the mount is going to be for breeding.

And yes, outside of a few, specific dinos, it's impossible to get 100% effectiveness on tame, as almost all tames have to eat something, and thus lose at least .1% taming effectiveness.

His point on breeding was people have good lines already setup for normal megas, meaning a 224(+-) with 50 wild points in hp(+-) and another with 50 points in dmg(+-) bred together for 2 babies with both then bred for hp and dmg mutations.  And a 150 rex after given 1 kibble will say 100% TE but only +74.  Anything that eats gets screwed out of the +75 lol.  The guy you quoted never said anything about TE for breeding

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

His point on breeding was people have good lines already setup for normal megas, meaning a 224(+-) with 50 wild points in hp(+-) and another with 50 points in dmg(+-) bred together for 2 babies with both then bred for hp and dmg mutations.  And a 150 rex after given 1 kibble will say 100% TE but only +74.  Anything that eats gets screwed out of the +75 lol.  The guy you quoted never said anything about TE for breeding

Yes, as normal Megas (Which are really one of the more useless dinos in the game) have been around for a lot longer then Aberration Megalos, not only will people have found Megalos with more stats, but are also more likely to have mutations widening the gap. The poster I quoted brought up kibble being available for regular Megalos, but not on Aberration as a point, when, in terms of breeding, the presence or lack of therizino kibble has absolutely NO effect on breeding, so it's more or less irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Frogspoison said:

Yes, as normal Megas (Which are really one of the more useless dinos in the game) have been around for a lot longer then Aberration Megalos, not only will people have found Megalos with more stats, but are also more likely to have mutations widening the gap. The poster I quoted brought up kibble being available for regular Megalos, but not on Aberration as a point, when, in terms of breeding, the presence or lack of therizino kibble has absolutely NO effect on breeding, so it's more or less irrelevant.

Right so why did you bring up TE to begin with lol?  I like how you go straight to the facepalm when it probably shouldnt be used.  I could see if i said something stupid, like your 150 with 0 TE becoming a 225 which the 225 isnt even possible with a mega (So double facepalm for you).  What i wrote and you facepalmed you then agreed with in your next post which i quoted.  So explain why your facepalming me.  If its the rex example do know the rwx was still being tamed, after 1 feeding tho it shows 100% TE but only +74 levels.

46 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

A 225 is a 150 with 100% effectiveness, is more what I meant. My main point was, taming effectiveness does NOT matter for breeding, so you can use whatever you want as long as you tame it, if the primary purpose of the mount is going to be for breeding.

And yes, outside of a few, specific dinos, it's impossible to get 100% effectiveness on tame, as almost all tames have to eat something, and thus lose at least .1% taming effectiveness.

It does matter, because while you still retain effectiveness through breeding, ONLY WITH THE MELEE STAT, at 0%, you lose out on a whole bunch of bonus levels that could have been put into stats.

Example: you tame a 150 megalo with uh... raw fish and hit it so that its efficiency is 0. You will get a 150 dino, with 150 points spread. If you use kibble, you will get a 221, with 221 points distributed.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

I honestly question myself if the breed my tribe has already gotten a full stat mutated dino are all just redundant now that Oviraptor's kibble can be transported, all the 3 month breeding and killing all went to waste.

Technically theres no mutation cap,  just a lvl cap of 450(I believe its 450).

So, I went on single player, and tamed 20 lvl 5 turtles - 12 females, 8 males. They all had the same similarity for baseline stats - 0 points in every except speed and oxygen (Which I am unable to see on a Turtle).

Of the 12 females, I tamed 4 of them at lvl 7, 4 of them at 6 (Punched them a few times), and 4 of them at 5 (Punched them to nearly dead). Of the 8 males, 3 were at lvl 7, 3 were at lvl 6, 2 at 5. Something interesting to note - All of the lvl 5 turtles, while they had IDENTICAL stats on knockout, had varying stats on tame, with things like 2% melee differences, or 3 extra weight. Note that I didn't punch them all to 0, just to where they got no bonus levels.

Now, I breeded each female with each male TWICE - 192 !@#$ing turtles. I counted them.

Do you know the interesting thing about all these baby turtles? They have identical melee, health, stamina, weight, and food. There is some discrepency in level, and thus torpor - Levels ranged from 2 to 9 (I had ~11 mutations, with a single double mutation. Do note that the mutated dinos DID have different stats from the non-mutated dinos)

So, what I got from this? Taming Effective DOES increase the level of the dino, but it does NOT increase the stats of the dino uniformly by levels, given all the variances between each lvl 5 turtle. Babys are 100% dependent on the wild, BASE level of the parents - What they have on KO, NOT what they have on stand-up.

So, yes. For breeding, the taming effectiveness of the parent has NO standing on the stats of the baby, ONLY the wild levels of the parent.

1 hour ago, Frogspoison said:

So, I went on single player, and tamed 20 lvl 5 turtles - 12 females, 8 males. They all had the same similarity for baseline stats - 0 points in every except speed and oxygen (Which I am unable to see on a Turtle).

Of the 12 females, I tamed 4 of them at lvl 7, 4 of them at 6 (Punched them a few times), and 4 of them at 5 (Punched them to nearly dead). Of the 8 males, 3 were at lvl 7, 3 were at lvl 6, 2 at 5. Something interesting to note - All of the lvl 5 turtles, while they had IDENTICAL stats on knockout, had varying stats on tame, with things like 2% melee differences, or 3 extra weight. Note that I didn't punch them all to 0, just to where they got no bonus levels.

Now, I breeded each female with each male TWICE - 192 !@#$ing turtles. I counted them.

Do you know the interesting thing about all these baby turtles? They have identical melee, health, stamina, weight, and food. There is some discrepency in level, and thus torpor - Levels ranged from 2 to 9 (I had ~11 mutations, with a single double mutation. Do note that the mutated dinos DID have different stats from the non-mutated dinos)

So, what I got from this? Taming Effective DOES increase the level of the dino, but it does NOT increase the stats of the dino uniformly by levels, given all the variances between each lvl 5 turtle. Babys are 100% dependent on the wild, BASE level of the parents - What they have on KO, NOT what they have on stand-up.

So, yes. For breeding, the taming effectiveness of the parent has NO standing on the stats of the baby, ONLY the wild levels of the parent.

Ya now tame another with kibble, so it has higher TE and breed it in and youll notice the babys will be stronger because of the bonus lvls.  TE is important for breeding because of the bonus lvls and higher wilds get even bigger bonuses.  Id prefer breeding two lvl 224 turtles then two lvl 150s, and the only difference between these 2 groups is 1 has good TE and the other doesnt.  Yes the babies are born with 100% but only from the parents stats at tame.  By getting high TE the parents stats at tame can be 74 lvls higher and those stats carry over.  Its simple math 224>150.  224 is greater then 150.  Two hundred and twenty four is greater then one hundred and fifty.

13 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ya now tame another with kibble, so it has higher TE and breed it in and youll notice the babys will be stronger because of the bonus lvls.  TE is important for breeding because of the bonus lvls and higher wilds get even bigger bonuses.  Id prefer breeding two lvl 224 turtles then two lvl 150s, and the only difference between these 2 groups is 1 has good TE and the other doesnt.  Yes the babies are born with 100% but only from the parents stats at tame.  By getting high TE the parents stats at tame can be 74 lvls higher and those stats carry over.  Its simple math 224>150.  224 is greater then 150.  Two hundred and twenty four is greater then one hundred and fifty.

Again...

Tamed 20 turtles, lvls ranging between 5-7. The lvl 7 turtles were dotamed, so had 100% efficiency.

All 20 turtles had 0 levels in health, stamina, food, melee, and weight, with all levels being split between speed and oxygen.

Of the 6 turtles that had NO bonus levels from Taming Effectiveness, they STILL got bonus stats - All level 5 turtles, with NO baseline levels in health, melee, stamina, food, and weight, had DIFFERING stats post-tame. Taming Effectiveness for these turtles was NOT 0, but WAS low enough that they would be lvl 5 post-tame

Almost every single baby turtle born out of the combination of these turtles (Again, 192 baby turtles), had the EXACT same health, melee, damage, stamina, AND weight. The only baby turtles that did not have the same of those stats were ones that mutated.

So, again. Taming Effectiveness of the parents does NOT matter for Breeding. The "bonus levels" do NOT directly calculate into bonus stats - While you do see an increase TO a dino's stats from taming effectiveness, it is NOT the same as just granting bonus levels to the dino, as can be seen from the stat increases on the lvl 5, NO bonus level, but STILL had taming effectiveness turtles.

So, again - Wild level stats is whats passed down to the babies. Taming Effectiveness stats, AND domesticated level-ups, are NOT passed down to the babies.

Whats more, it appears as though Taming Effectiveness, for breeding, will modify EACH baby the exact same way - Again, note that while the babies being born had the EXACT same stats in everything visible on the stat page, they DID have varying levels due to the invisible oxygen and speed stats, and their levels ranged from lvl 2 to lvl 9. Again, the lvls 2 had the exact same stats as almost every other turtle in the 3-7 range (With 8s/9s being mutations, and thus different stats, as well as 2 that mutated, but were lvls 6 and 5 respectively, due to inheriting the "worst" oxygen/speed stats from the parent turtles)

So, yes. At least read a post before quoting, yes?

TL:DR - Taming Effectiveness of parents does not effect babies. Taming Effectiveness increases the stats directly, and can give bonus stats even if bonus levels provided by the effectiveness is 0. It is seemingly impossible to predict how taming effectiveness will affect stats.

20 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Again...

Tamed 20 turtles, lvls ranging between 5-7. The lvl 7 turtles were dotamed, so had 100% efficiency.

All 20 turtles had 0 levels in health, stamina, food, melee, and weight, with all levels being split between speed and oxygen.

Of the 6 turtles that had NO bonus levels from Taming Effectiveness, they STILL got bonus stats - All level 5 turtles, with NO baseline levels in health, melee, stamina, food, and weight, had DIFFERING stats post-tame. Taming Effectiveness for these turtles was NOT 0, but WAS low enough that they would be lvl 5 post-tame

Almost every single baby turtle born out of the combination of these turtles (Again, 192 baby turtles), had the EXACT same health, melee, damage, stamina, AND weight. The only baby turtles that did not have the same of those stats were ones that mutated.

So, again. Taming Effectiveness of the parents does NOT matter for Breeding. The "bonus levels" do NOT directly calculate into bonus stats - While you do see an increase TO a dino's stats from taming effectiveness, it is NOT the same as just granting bonus levels to the dino, as can be seen from the stat increases on the lvl 5, NO bonus level, but STILL had taming effectiveness turtles.

So, again - Wild level stats is whats passed down to the babies. Taming Effectiveness stats, AND domesticated level-ups, are NOT passed down to the babies.

Whats more, it appears as though Taming Effectiveness, for breeding, will modify EACH baby the exact same way - Again, note that while the babies being born had the EXACT same stats in everything visible on the stat page, they DID have varying levels due to the invisible oxygen and speed stats, and their levels ranged from lvl 2 to lvl 9. Again, the lvls 2 had the exact same stats as almost every other turtle in the 3-7 range (With 8s/9s being mutations, and thus different stats, as well as 2 that mutated, but were lvls 6 and 5 respectively, due to inheriting the "worst" oxygen/speed stats from the parent turtles)

TL:DR - Taming Effectiveness of parents does not effect babies. Taming Effectiveness increases the stats directly, and can give bonus stats even if bonus levels provided by the effectiveness is 0. It is seemingly impossible to predict how taming effectiveness will affect stats.

Dude.

Use any stat calculator. A level 150 dino with 0 efficiency has 149 points (150-1) to distribute around. 

A dino level 224 (150 PLUS 74 bonus levels) has 223 points (224-1) to dsitribute around to each stat. 

So if they both get an equal amount of points distributed in each stat (7 possible stats), the first one would average at 21 points in each stat, while the second would get 32 points in each stat. One will be superior every single time. 

So YES, the bonus levels DO calculate into bonus stats, because of how the game works it is SUPPOSED to spend 100% of these levels into one stat or another. 

What you also forget, is on top of taming effectiveness, many dinos ALSO get post tame multipliers, regardless of efficiency, and that is what you are experiencing. This is very noticeable by looking at the speed stat: some dinos get up to 300% instantly (microraptor) or some nerfs (giga loses 80%). Your test is not evaluating taming efficiency but post tame multipliers.

Tl;Dr

Levels DIRECTLY translate into stats, always, unless used in speed.

30 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Again...

The bonus lvls do calculate over dude.  My baby rexes being born over lvl 240 is only possible because my parent rwxes were perfect tamed 150s.  I dare you to perfect tame two lvl 150 dinos and a set of two that you got low enough TE that it gets 0 lvls and test the babies between the 2 groups.  The 224 babies will be over lvl 200 even with bad rolls on the parents stats.  Unless your 150s have all their points in 1 stat per parent the likelihood the baby will be over 200 is insanely low like below 1%.  Lvl 20s only have a 0-9 variable and is to small for an experiment that has other randomizations(As in which parents stat gets carried over per stat).  Then you can take your facepalm and your bad attitud and use that same hand to hit yourself with a facepalm for not looking at something so simple that even a elementary school student could see.

No, your baby rexes being born over lvl 240 is because you are getting an extra 10-20 stats BECAUSE of the stat differences between the parents stats - If one parent has 10 more health then the other, and the other parent has 10 more melee then the other, and ALL their other stats are identical, AND they were 150 on tame, the levels of the babies will be EITHER 215(Inherited the worst melee AND health, thus losing out on 20 possible levels), 225 (Inherited the best melee, but worst health, thus neither gaining or losing 10 lvls)), or 235 (Inherited the best melee AND best health).

IF Taming Effectiveness WAS inherited, then Please explain why almost EVERY single turtle, given that their parents had ALL wild stats in oxy or speed, and had DIFFERENT stats post-tame, had the EXACT same stats on birth - Every SINGLE one of them. If Taming Effectivness was inherited, then the baby turtles would ALSO have differing stats - But they don't.

It goes like this - The Parent dinos will pass on their WILD stats to the baby dinos, with the higher stat being favored over the lower stat.

Then, the baby will get an extra +50% lvls divided randomly between the stats from 100% taming effectiveness.

So, 2 parents, with with one having 15, 25, 40, 15, 15, 15, and 24 lvls in WILD stats (Going down the list), and the other one having 15, 40, 25, 15, 15, 15, and 24, going down the list, will give birth to a baby, who, pre-taming effectivenss, will have a level ranging from 134, to 164. Then, the baby gets its +50% boost from taming effectiveness, and will have a range from 201, to 246.

On the other hand, lets assume that taming effectiveness levels ARE inherited You have 2 parents, with 224 post-tame. Now, lets assume a similar distribution..

Parent 1 - 30, 35, 50, 30, 30, 30, 19

Parent 2 - 30, 50, 35, 30, 30, 30, 19

So, the babies will be born, pre-taming effectiveness, with a level between 209 to 239. The BABY then gets a 50% effectiveness boost, and thus ranges between lvl 313, to 358.

This is NOT what we see. The +74-75 lvls from Taming Effectiveness? They are NOT inherited by the baby. The baby gets its OWN +50% boost to its BASE STATS LEVEL. You seeing those 240 rexes is being of a measly 9-10 stat discrepencies between your honestly average Rexes.

Now, you can continue to bury your head in the dirt, completely denying what my EXTENSIVE testing AND basic understanding of math is telling you...

Or you can simply admit that your understanding (Or, more likely, one of those 4k views Ark streamers understanding of breeding mechanics) is simply... Wrong.

Or, you can take the third path, and do your OWN extensive testing. It's pretty easy - Go spawn in 2 lvl 150 dinos, knock them out, beat the raptoring poop out of them till they hit 0 bonus levels, and THEN breed them repeatedly. Unless the dino's themselves have a significant difference between their wild stats (I.E. 60+ stat discrepencies between the two of them), most babies WILL be born in the 200-240 range.

So yea. DO your own testing. SHOW that I am incorrect. I'm not talking out of my ass - I'm talking out of years of extensive breeding, getting huge uber-dinos, and a through understanding of breeding mechanics.

Parent. Taming. Effectiveness. Does. Not. MATTER.

16 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

No, your baby rexes being born over lvl 240 is because you are getting an extra 10-20 stats BECAUSE of the stat differences between the parents stats - If one parent has 10 more health then the other, and the other parent has 10 more melee then the other, and ALL their other stats are identical, AND they were 150 on tame, the levels of the babies will be EITHER 215(Inherited the worst melee AND health, thus losing out on 20 possible levels), 225 (Inherited the best melee, but worst health, thus neither gaining or losing 10 lvls)), or 235 (Inherited the best melee AND best health).

IF Taming Effectiveness WAS inherited, then Please explain why almost EVERY single turtle, given that their parents had ALL wild stats in oxy or speed, and had DIFFERENT stats post-tame, had the EXACT same stats on birth - Every SINGLE one of them. If Taming Effectivness was inherited, then the baby turtles would ALSO have differing stats - But they don't.

It goes like this - The Parent dinos will pass on their WILD stats to the baby dinos, with the higher stat being favored over the lower stat.

Then, the baby will get an extra +50% lvls divided randomly between the stats from 100% taming effectiveness.

So, 2 parents, with with one having 15, 25, 40, 15, 15, 15, and 24 lvls in WILD stats (Going down the list), and the other one having 15, 40, 25, 15, 15, 15, and 24, going down the list, will give birth to a baby, who, pre-taming effectivenss, will have a level ranging from 134, to 164. Then, the baby gets its +50% boost from taming effectiveness, and will have a range from 201, to 246.

On the other hand, lets assume that taming effectiveness levels ARE inherited You have 2 parents, with 224 post-tame. Now, lets assume a similar distribution..

So, the babies will be born, pre-taming effectiveness, with a level between 209 to 239. The BABY then gets a 50% effectiveness boost, and thus ranges between lvl 313, to 358.

This is NOT what we see. The +74-75 lvls from Taming Effectiveness? They are NOT inherited by the baby. The baby gets its OWN +50% boost to its BASE STATS LEVEL. You seeing those 240 rexes is being of a measly 9-10 stat discrepencies between your honestly average Rexes.

Now, you can continue to bury your head in the dirt, completely denying what my EXTENSIVE testing AND basic understanding of math is telling you...

Or you can simply admit that your understanding (Or, more likely, one of those 4k views Ark streamers understanding of breeding mechanics) is simply... Wrong.

Or, you can take the third path, and do your OWN extensive testing. It's pretty easy - Go spawn in 2 lvl 150 dinos, knock them out, beat the raptoring poop out of them till they hit 0 bonus levels, and THEN breed them repeatedly. Unless the dino's themselves have a significant difference between their wild stats (I.E. 60+ stat discrepencies between the two of them), most babies WILL be born in the 200-240 range.

So yea. DO your own testing. SHOW that I am incorrect. I'm not talking out of my ass - I'm talking out of years of extensive breeding, getting huge uber-dinos, and a through understanding of breeding mechanics.

ABSOLUTE BOGUS. If you tame a parent, it WILL give it's stats (or the other parent's stat, its random) to its offspring.

YOU ARE DENYING THE VERY BASELINE PRINCIPLE OF DINO BREEDING. ANY BREEDER WIL TELL YOU THAT DINOS PASS ON THEIR STATS DIRECTLY TO DESCENDANTS- The melee stat is different in that it ALSO gives 100% efficiency. So my 384% melee argentavis with 98.something% efficiency will birth a baby with around 385% melee.

Come on dude, your turtle test didn't prove anything.

I will give you an example.

I bred yutyrannus on legacy. I knocked one down that had around 7900 hp (30 points) if my memory serves me right. After tame, it got 11660, which is 48 points. It tamed at 205.

Now, when i bred that yuty, on the baby I either got that hp, or the father's lesser hp. I did NOT get a wildly random stat roll on the baby as you claim it would happen. Not only your theory does not make sense, but it would ALSO make cross-server stat trading, and even mutation stacking, and also EVERY breed impossible. And since they do work, then your theory is majorly flawed.

40 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

ABSOLUTE BOGUS. If you tame a parent, it WILL give it's stats (or the other parent's stat, its random) to its offspring.

YOU ARE DENYING THE VERY BASELINE PRINCIPLE OF DINO BREEDING. ANY BREEDER WIL TELL YOU THAT DINOS PASS ON THEIR STATS DIRECTLY TO DESCENDANTS- The melee stat is different in that it ALSO gives 100% efficiency. So my 384% melee argentavis with 98.something% efficiency will birth a baby with around 385% melee.

Come on dude, your turtle test didn't prove anything.

I will give you an example.

I bred yutyrannus on legacy. I knocked one down that had around 7900 hp (30 points) if my memory serves me right. After tame, it got 11660, which is 48 points. It tamed at 205.

Now, when i bred that yuty, on the baby I either got that hp, or the father's lesser hp. I did NOT get a wildly random stat roll on the baby as you claim it would happen. Not only your theory does not make sense, but it would ALSO make cross-server stat trading, and even mutation stacking, and also EVERY breed impossible. And since they do work, then your theory is majorly flawed.

I do extensive testing, and share the results. I attempt to demonstrate basic math. I even ask you to do a similar experiment to what I've done - Tame two 150s at 0% effectiveness, and then see the results of the offspring. Hint - Offspring will NOT be at 150, but in the 200+ range.

Why did I even bother? Go on, continue in your misunderstanding of how breeding really works. If you wish to continue willingly ignore my testing, the actual math behind it, go ahead.

I'll just continue to breed my uber dinos, which you likely never will have.

6 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

I do extensive testing, and share the results. I attempt to demonstrate basic math. I even ask you to do a similar experiment to what I've done - Tame two 150s at 0% effectiveness, and then see the results of the offspring. Hint - Offspring will NOT be at 150, but in the 200+ range.

Why did I even bother? Go on, continue in your misunderstanding of how breeding really works. If you wish to continue willingly ignore my testing, the actual math behind it, go ahead.

They can be above 150, if they inherited the best stats out of the parents.

The reverse can also happen, they can get lower than 150.

Im going to call you a troll right now, so this conversation is over.

7 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

he spawn of two dinosaurs will inherit the "natural" stat levels of its parents. Natural stat levels are the levels in each stat after it has been tamed but before it gains any stats through leveling-up by a player. There is a 65% chance of inheriting the stronger stat of each parent. This means you have a certain percent chance of obtaining a 100% perfect (meaning with only the higher stats of both parents) dino from both parents from each mating.

The stat-values (not the stat-levels) of the offspring are calculated like for a creature that was just tamed with a 100% taming effectiveness with the taming effectiveness bonuses applied. This means that an offspring can have higher values as its parents in stats that gets a bonus depending on the taming effectiveness (for most creatures this is Melee Damage and sometimes Food). See also Creature Stats Calculation for how the values are calculated from the stats.

ExampleEdit

To understand this better, here is an example. Let's only look at the melee damage of a pair of Raptors. Assume they were just tamed with a taming effectiveness of 70% and have both already 4 levels in melee damage. The value you can see as melee damage is according to the formula on Creature Stats Calculation, the newly added extra modifier (balancing update), and the stats of the raptors

Value = (BaseStat × ( 1 + LevelWild × IncreaseWild) + TamingBonusAdd × TamingBonusAddModifier) × (1 + TamingEffectiveness × TamingBonusMult × TamingBonusMultModifier)
Value = (100% × ( 1 + 4 × 5%) + 50% × 15%) × (1 + 70% × 40% × 45%)
Value = 127.5% × 112.6%
Value = 143.6%

The offspring inherits the values of its parents. But they don't inherit the plain value, but the levels the parents spend in the stats before being leveled up by a player. So the offspring inherits 4 levels for its melee damage (as both parents have 4 levels in this case). To get the value of the melee damage of the offspring, we calculate it like before, but this time we use a taming effectiveness of 100% (this is the way the game gives you another bonus if you breed creatures).

Value = (BaseStat × ( 1 + LevelWild × IncreaseWild) + TamingBonusAdd × TamingBonusAddModifier) × (1 + TamingEffectiveness × TamingBonusMult × TamingBonusMultModifier)
Value = (100% × ( 1 + 4 × 5%) + 50% × 15%) × (1 + 100% × 40% × 45%)
Value = 127.5% × 118%
Value = 150.5%

The offspring has like the parents 4 levels in melee damage, but with the higher taming-effectiveness-bonus its value is 150.5% instead of 143.6%. The bonus is not much, but is clearly noticeable.

Amount of higher stats and chance of obtaining them when hatchingEdit

Number of desired Stats Probability [%]
6 12
5 30
4 32
3 19
2 6
1 1.02
0 0.07

Finding the Best ParentsEdit

To maximize the stats of the offspring, specialized parents with a good value in few stats are needed. The more specialized a creature is in one stat, the higher it can be. To get a really good breed you need 6 creatures, each with a high upleveled (only the wild-leveling counts here) different stat. After at least 3 generations a creature with the best of the stats can be bred.

Wild Stats Level-up

Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it's emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding-stats with an external tool.[2]

The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps

Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.

Level of the OffspringEdit

The resulting level of the baby is the sum of wild level-points (i.e. level of the dino directly after taming) spent in the inherited stats by its parents. Assume for example, that one (highly unusual) parent has only leveled up in Health 40 levels and nothing else, while the other parent leveled up only in weight 30 levels. If the baby happens to inherit these higher stats, it inherits 70 levelups giving it level 71 with its starting level. Other possibilities are a level 41 Baby with only health leveled up, a level 31 baby with only weight leveled up or a baby with level 1 and nothing leveled up.

The (practically impossible to reach) maximum of levels a baby can get would be 223 levelups (149 natural + 74 by taming bonus (TE of nearly 100%)) in each stat, with 7 stats summing up to level 1562 (223 levelups in 7 stats plus the startinglevel: 223 x 7 + 1 = 1562).

One would need to find an average of 2.863×10^188 number of any dino to get all 223 wild stats put into any specific stat, assuming all levels have the same chance of spawning [1/((1/7)^223)].

Note that the levels a wild animal wastes in the movement stat is remembered and passed on during breeding. Thus two siblings with seemingly identical stats might have different levels if one of them inherited a higher movement stat than the other. This has one practical advantage: a higher torpor level.

ExampleEdit

Here's an example of two parents and possible children they can get. Child1 inherited random stats, ChildMax only got the maximum values and ChildMin only got the lower values. You can see that the level of the offspring can be lower, in between or higher as the levels of the parents. The higher levelup is displayed in bold.

Displayed are only the wild levels (the ones that can be inherited). Levelups by the player have no influence on the stats of the offspring.

In this example the levels of Stamina are the same for both parents, so you cannot tell which one the offspring inherited.

Mother Child1 ChildMax ChildMin Father
Level 154
Stat Lvl
HP 24
St 23
Ox 26
Fo 18
We 19
Dm 22
Sp 21
Level 150
Stat Lvl
HP 18
St 23
Ox 26
Fo 22
We 19
Dm 22
Sp 19
Level 166
Stat Lvl
HP 24
St 23
Ox 26
Fo 22
We 27
Dm 22
Sp 21
Level 130
Stat Lvl
HP 18
St 23
Ox 15
Fo 18
We 19
Dm 17
Sp 19
Level 142
Stat Lvl
HP 18
St 23
Ox 15
Fo 22
We 27
Dm 17
Sp 19

To get to the creature's level, you add up the levels of the stats and add one, as all creatures start at level one.

1 hour ago, Frogspoison said:

Can u stop testing on lvl 7 turtles man? Like really. Saying TE has no effect on offsprings ... ye it doesnt. But it has effect on how many bonus levels do parents get after a tame. And what matters for breeding? Ye, exactly, parents stats AFTER tame = AFTER getting bonus levels from TE. If u tame 150 dino with 0 TE, it gets 0 bonus levels which means lower stats. End of story. 

And man, stop testing on lvl 7 turtles ... 

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Dude weve all already agreed the TE itself doesnt carry over, but the extra levels do carry over.  Both my parent rexes had 32 points in a stat when they were wild, 1 was dmg(260%), the other was hp(7.7k).  After they were tamed they had upper 400s for dmg(Dad) and 12.2k(Mom).  If i bred the parents as they were in the wild, which would be tamed with 0 TE the babies would have the 260dmg and 7.7k hp, but my TE was high and the babies had the 400some dmg and 12.2k health.  THE 74 BONUS LEVELS FROM THE TE CARRIED OVER.  since weve chatted bout your facepalming, can you go back to my center tlc topic and say why you facepalmed my great idea.  Im inviting everyone to go see it.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:40 PM, NooNoot said:

Title.

I'm thinking of bringing some out of my Aberration singleplayer to the Island and Ragnarok, but if they have to sleep during the day it will sorta defeat the purpose.

I find it funny how one offtopic can be derailed.

But anyways, Yeah, Bringing them to anywhere else other than Aberration will make them act like every other Megalosaurus.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:30 PM, Shadowless28 said:

The reason they stay awake on Abb is because it always some percentage of night on that map.  Whether it be 10%, 50% or 90%. 

The reasoning you give is not quite right. the 90%/10%, 50%/50%, 10%/90% day/night times actually refers to the amount of time these phases occur.

90% Day/10% night means that out of one full ARK Day, it will be daytime for 90% of it and night only 10%

Same goes for 10% Day/90% Night = Out of a full ARK day it will be Daytime 10% of the day and Nighttime 90% of the day.

To see how this occurs, look at your inventory screen at different times of the day.

90% Day = SUper long daytime due to the fact that normal night times are pretty truncated as it is. So during the Nighttime phase (17:20 to 5:40) the clock timer ZOOMS by in like 2 minutes. Same is true for the 10%/90%  Daytime Phase, it ZOOMS by in about 5 minutes.

The reason Megas are awake on Aberattion all the time is they just are.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:02 PM, Onimusha759 said:

Technically theres no mutation cap,  just a lvl cap of 450(I believe its 450).

Sorta right.  What happens is this:  At a server restart on official servers, any dinos level 450 and higher are just despawned.  This puts the "cap" at 449, but you're not stopped from going above it.  If you're breeding mutations, you want to make sure whatever is born stays at or below 378 (449 - 71).  At that point, those dinos won't hit the 450 limit.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:59 AM, Palenor said:

The reasoning you give is not quite right. the 90%/10%, 50%/50%, 10%/90% day/night times actually refers to the amount of time these phases occur.

90% Day/10% night means that out of one full ARK Day, it will be daytime for 90% of it and night only 10%

Same goes for 10% Day/90% Night = Out of a full ARK day it will be Daytime 10% of the day and Nighttime 90% of the day.

This is another thing that irks me.  If the arks were spinning on their own axis, this would make sense, as the arks could have a non-vertical axis that causes the solar phase to fluctuate.  They don't, though.  Arks are in orbit above Earth.  They appear to rotate on Earth's axis at the same rate as Earth rotates on its own axis (which, due to the excessive centrifugal force of being farther from the axis without the extra gravity caused by extra planetary mass (larger planets have more mass, so more gravity.) would mean that the physics of the ARKs would be all sorts of messed up.  The effect of gravity would be significantly lower as the centrifugal force would constantly be pulling away from the axis.

Archived