End This Stupid Event EARLY PLEASE

theronin

I'm not really disagreeing - in terms of having to deal with an obstacle. I welcome a challenge and didn't actually mind the turkeys - I lost plenty to them, but I had plenty of fun beating them. I just think they shouldn't have been able to kill giga's etc as it seems completely ridiculous.
Maybe make it so tames can't hurt them and turkeys can't hurt tames? Then you'd have to kill them on foot..

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard Community
4 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Eli, do you know if WC is aware of the event creatures still spawning in ridiculous numbers all over officials? Sorry if im posting too much about this, but i haven't seen a single acknowledgement from WC about this very serious situation. The game is unplayable for any remotely low-level tribes and theyre even spawning inside the bases of high level tribes and killing passives. Why have thou forsaken us, who gave of our $60 without hesitation.

Is it still going on on your server? I did not spot a single one on the surface on the one I play on when I was on it last night. If yours still has event monsters on the surface drop me a line and I'll let our techs know.

34 minutes ago, Eli said:

Is it still going on on your server? I did not spot a single one on the surface on the one I play on when I was on it last night. If yours still has event monsters on the surface drop me a line and I'll let our techs know.

We have seen some of the ellusive orange speed bumps known as spiders in our way most of them probabaly despawned or got killed but we suspect a few pockets of these resistence fighters lurking waiting to deal us the killing blow... yes im refering to the spiders still...

39 minutes ago, Eli said:

As of 5 AM this morning there was still Titanoboa's on official 295 by the Megalania islands. A spot they don't normally spawn. I've been at work all day though so I don't know about right at this moment and won't for another 4 hours or so. I'll definitely message you, tag you in a post if I see them tonight when I log on. (PS4 PvE Official 295)

• Wildcard Community
7 minutes ago, Gunslingerediel said:

We have seen some of the ellusive orange speed bumps known as spiders in our way most of them probabaly despawned or got killed but we suspect a few pockets of these resistence fighters lurking waiting to deal us the killing blow... yes im refering to the spiders still...

Just now, yekrucifixion187 said:

As of 5 AM this morning there was still Titanoboa's on official 295 by the Megalania islands. A spot they don't normally spawn. I've been at work all day though so I don't know about right at this moment and won't for another 4 hours or so. I'll definitely message you, tag you in a post if I see them tonight when I log on. (PS4 PvE Official 295)

Alright thanks. I've forwarded the information along to our techs.

41 minutes ago, Eli said:

yes still getting bats, bugs and sleepy cave dinos above ground on our server and according to friends their servers as well

also getting stupid skins in the underwater drops 

30 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

There's still skins in the drops, kinda thankful as I hadnt had time to collect any. I finally got the heart emoji which I've cried about since Feb, so I'm happy now. xD I don't get why people were upset. lol

A lot of reasons really, but mostly because many of us have lost a lot with this event, which was supposed to be over by now. I myself lost an ankylo, ptera (255), raptor, scorpion (tamed at 150, died at 175), trike, all my dodo's, and many dilos. Because these spawns keep glitching into compounds or spawning inside of bases. That is literally weeks worth of work for me to replace and I can't even get started yet because the stupid subteranean spawns are still roaming around munching all the herbivores, making the place a no mans land of rexes, raptors, arthros, megalosaurs, spiders, and bats.

This is a "known issue"... How can it still be happening? I am certainly no tech, but this doesn't seem like it could possibly be that hard to fix. You can make it start spawning cave dinos everywhere but you can't make it stop?

I just want to start rebuilding and trying to recover what I've lost but, like Glerian said, it's pointless to even try and start. I tried to find one dodo so I could at least start getting some eggs together; I died 3 times and never found a single dodo because they've all been wiped out.

42 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

There's still skins in the drops, kinda thankful as I hadnt had time to collect any. I finally got the heart emoji which I've cried about since Feb, so I'm happy now. xD I don't get why people were upset. lol

7 minutes ago, Glerian said:

A lot of reasons really, but mostly because many of us have lost a lot with this event, which was supposed to be over by now. I myself lost an ankylo, ptera (255), raptor, scorpion (tamed at 150, died at 175), trike, all my dodo's, and many dilos. Because these spawns keep glitching into compounds or spawning inside of bases. That is literally weeks worth of work for me to replace and I can't even get started yet because the stupid subteranean spawns are still roaming around munching all the herbivores, making the place a no mans land of rexes, raptors, arthros, megalosaurs, spiders, and bats.

If the last two days of reading the forums has taught me anything is that people really do need to fortify up there bases. Trust me when I say I know the pain of dinos spawning in my base when they shouldnt (looking at you allos and alpha raptors). Yes things should really not be spawning inside people bases, but it doesnt hurt to go with the mind set that Ark wants to and will find ways to murder everything. Have plant species x everywhere and guard dinos that can deal with most threats everywhere. For example I had rexs and plant species x INSIDE my small dino barn to protect the passives.

13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

If the last two days of reading the forums has taught me anything is that people really do need to fortify up there bases. Trust me when I say I know the pain of dinos spawning in my base when they shouldnt (looking at you allos and alpha raptors). Yes things should really not be spawning inside people bases, but it doesnt hurt to go with the mind set that Ark wants to and will find ways to murder everything. Have plant species x everywhere and guard dinos that can deal with most threats everywhere. For example I had rexs and plant species x INSIDE my small dino barn to protect the passives.

I remember last year I had a skeleton Rex spawn in my base. It ate all my species X like it was nothing. Fortunately it didn't get to any of my dinos because I kept them somewhere safe.  I was able to kill that Rex with my Pike because he couldn't reach me.  It was awesome, it was terrifying. I loved it!!!

8 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I remember last year I had a skeleton Rex spawn in my base. It ate all my species X like it was nothing. Fortunately it didn't get to any of my dinos because I kept them somewhere safe.  I was able to kill that Rex with my Pike because he couldn't reach me.  It was awesome, it was terrifying. I loved it!!!

A seleton rex !!! Oh man I never got that unlucky.  Worst i had was an alpha raptor taking out about 20 dinos before the rexs could deal with it inside my barn. I installed plant x after that. Oh the days before ORP on PvE....

For me the plant x is there to take out smaller creatures like dilos and raptors and slow down any larger threats so that the rexs/gigas can deal with it before it gets out of hand.

When ark was in preview stage last year Fear evolved had the halloween theme, music, the dodo rex/ wyvern etc. You actually had a decent event then but this year fear evolved was just a disappointment, the skins are nothing new especially for those achievement hunters who play ark on single player (easy way to get achievements, skins and emotes).

Archived