Most Useless Dino?

TINYMAN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diplo are so easy to tame when you know the trick, it can very usefull as an early weight lifter. my pick for the uselessness : DILO. Exept for meat and hide in early levels. Low damage, low healt, low weight, slow AF and im talking about wild ones.You can punch them to death blindfolded for fun... Tamed, they're not good for defence, either roaming or in turret mode, i feel they are only used for the kibble.

22 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Diplo are so easy to tame when you know the trick, it can very usefull as an early weight lifter. my pick for the uselessness : DILO. Exept for meat and hide in early levels. Low damage, low healt, low weight, slow AF and im talking about wild ones.You can punch them to death blindfolded for fun... Tamed, they're not good for defence, either roaming or in turret mode, i feel they are only used for the kibble.

Actually Dilos are one of the most valuable early game tames. They take no time and little effort to tame. A good size pack of a dozen or so can take out even a Rex, And they gather meat. 

They're actually one of my go to's for speed leveling. Get a few of them and 1 good trike and you can build and power craft narcotics & stimulants and level up to a crossbow in no time. 

Gotta go with the Pego. It's one feature is useless as everyone that has anything worth stealing has also been playing long enough to know they should always have berries in their zero slot and anything else of value in the hot bar.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You mean the thing that gets you your first high tame flying mount and supplies crucial imprint kibble? Lol

Yes but the same can be said for a few others listed here lol 

if we're talking riding and functionality, and nothing else, I'd say the dodo is the most useless. For kibble trees, if we're counting that now, then obv yea, dodos important lol

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Without a doubt Pegos, on singleplayer they are just useless vermin they aren't even gard to kill.

Parasaurs have always been skipped over by me for actually useful tames. 

Gallimimuses and Iguanodons because there are plenty of land dinos with good movement speed and Stam that can actually defend themselves.

Chalicos to me aren't worth the time to brew all that beer to tame one.

If Equus didn't kick things into a coma so well I would count them as over-rated.

Quetz and Brontos are a little worthless to me because I don't need dinos that big or slow.

Lio(Censored)-Only-Tamed-for-30-(Censored)-Minutes-ploridont wast your time and resources on this gimmicky meme-fish.

Last and least the Carno. The stubby armed, crap stated, overbite having, Corndog nomming Dorkasaurus.  You're the Parasaur of the Theropods Carno.

You sounded credible until you said the Quetz and Bronto were worthless.......

22 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Not even a little. I find them utterly useless and only have them to carry dinos and lay eggs. They are slow and I don't feel like spending 30 minutes flying across the map. Wyverns are fast, and an Argy carries lots of weight. So quetz only is useful to me if I don't have a wyvern or need eggs. To each their own.

Your inexperience is showing quite badly.

18 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

What diplo taming trick? O.o

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, Naerah(Qc) said:

They are handy as a trap dino. Put it or a dodo near a door, if someone blows the door typically it will also kill the dodo or dilo. If you give the dino an accurate name such as Base 1 Dilo. Then when it dies you'll see at the top of your screen "Base 1 Dilo" killed. Then you know your being raided and where.

On 9/21/2017 at 4:49 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Over the weekend I realized that these are truly the most useless dinos.  No one spend the time to brew beer to tame these stupid things. When is the last time you even saw someone using one in gameplay?

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Over the weekend I realized that these are truly the most useless dinos.  No one spend the time to brew beer to tame these stupid things. When is the last time you even saw someone using one in gameplay?

My tribe has had a max level Paracer beat to death by a few of those things during a raid because they were able to get it in a corner with the insane knock back they have. That made me take a second look at them for base defense. They're underrated like the megatherium in my opinion since I don't see many people holding either of those tames often. 

1 hour ago, MandaBear said:

My tribe has had a max level Paracer beat to death by a few of those things during a raid because they were able to get it in a corner with the insane knock back they have. That made me take a second look at them for base defense. They're underrated like the megatherium in my opinion since I don't see many people holding either of those tames often. 

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Megatherium does way more damage than a rex after killing a single insect. I have raised some in the swamp cave and it kills the 200+ lv arthropleuras in there in 3 hits, oneshots everything else and has 15k hp.

As for chalicos, try one in central cave. It's a monster.

My contender for uselessness is the lymantria. At least it can fly but damn...

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

If you play PVP they have a valid use that makes them worthy of taming. Otherwise if its PVE you play you could argue the same is true for the Giga since it ain't attacking anyone.

8 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Right, its not even that they are bad creatures because they are great, but with the amount of time a solo player might need to make the beer in the first place it isn't really worth it in comparison to the many other just as solid choices out there. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, LittleRedReaper said:

Definitely Titans-- They are hard to kill unless you have a good giga or a flock of wyverns and they give no real reward for the kill besides Xp. I was really hyped for them. I wanted to tame and build a giant base on one, but alas, that was all smoke and mirrors. Now in pve they are only used for griefing. 

Everyone is saying diplos are useless and yes for the most part they are, but I have used them to run across the island when I couldn't access a flyer. They are damn fast on land.

I think quetz are the most useless. Yeah they can carry things  and stand on when I can't reach something. Since the nerf they are painfully slow-- so slow I don't use them for anything but carrying big things from one spot to another or demolishing things I can't reach. The stam drains relatively fast and it takes about 20 minutes to get from east to west coast. You have to stop a million times. I hate them. I loved my quetz pre-nerf. It is absolutely ruined in PvE now.

Make a 5 rare mushroom stamina custom consumable using the mind wipe/craft skill strategy.  You can feed the stam food to the quetz and it will drain stam a LOT slower while sprinting and gain stamina while regular flying.  Quite useful for ole Quezty.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Without a doubt Pegos, on singleplayer they are just useless vermin they aren't even gard to kill.

Parasaurs have always been skipped over by me for actually useful tames. 

Gallimimuses and Iguanodons because there are plenty of land dinos with good movement speed and Stam that can actually defend themselves.

If Equus didn't kick things into a coma so well I would count them as over-rated.

Quetz and Brontos are a little worthless to me because I don't need dinos that big or slow.

Lio(Censored)-Only-Tamed-for-30-(Censored)-Minutes-ploridont wast your time and resources on this gimmicky meme-fish.

Last and least the Carno. The stubby armed, crap stated, overbite having, Corndog nomming Dorkasaurus.  You're the Parasaur of the Theropods Carno.

Oh man how wrong you are on a couple things.  Chalico's are absolute monsters.  As strong as a bear, has a ranged boulder attack that does a lot of damage and, the best part, when they're low HP, you can make them sit to regen HP super quick.  EDIT - Their boulder also does STAMINA drain to wild dinos.  After a boulder or two, wild dinos grind to a halt.

Carnos are also amazing hunters.  Their one attack that headbutts low to high can keep an alpha rex pushed back to the point where you can keep hitting it but it can never hit you.  A kibble popped 150 carno is a force to be reckoned with.  If you could pull a weapon out while riding them like you can with the bear, they'd still be used a lot.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, LouSpowells said:

It's been a bit since I've taken a Scorp down that cave. I've been meaning to test it, but a few weeks back someone mentioned that you might be able to block the Arthro spit by turning your scorp's back to the Arthro. Do you notice any less spit hitting you than on the frog?

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic. Anglers. They're cool, but useless. I feel like they should be another dino immune to electric stuff.

Anglers.... SO NOT USELESS anymore.  I tamed a level 45 last night on official.  They can now bite pearl nodes for like 24 pearls per bite and with some move speed can avoid most dangers short of alphas.  Quite useful!

1 hour ago, Brayn said:

Oh man how wrong you are on a couple things.  Chalico's are absolute monsters.  As strong as a bear, has a ranged boulder attack that does a lot of damage and, the best part, when they're low HP, you can make them sit to regen HP super quick.  EDIT - Their boulder also does STAMINA drain to wild dinos.  After a boulder or two, wild dinos grind to a halt.

Carnos are also amazing hunters.  Their one attack that headbutts low to high can keep an alpha rex pushed back to the point where you can keep hitting it but it can never hit you.  A kibble popped 150 carno is a force to be reckoned with.  If you could pull a weapon out while riding them like you can with the bear, they'd still be used a lot.

You seem to have missed the point that this is all opinion. besides anything that can be eone with a Carno you can do just as well if not better with an Allo.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:36 PM, Kruemel said:

Mesopithecus. Not even eggs...

On 9/22/2017 at 11:43 AM, AverageWalrus said:

Monkeys arent useless at all. The slowing poop has helped me while taming poop before, and they're a backpack

+1.  They're my first tame if I can find a low level one early on.  The shoulder-mounted snare effect is a massive boost and affects dinos too large to bola.

My vote for most useless would be the Compy.

Diplo is, at the very least, useful as a source of prime meat, especially for early progression. I sort of figured that's what their main function was.

Carno is useful as an upgrade from a Raptor. Baryonyx is basically better than it in every way, but you can't realistically tame a Baryonyx as early as a Carno. Bary requires Argent, or the logistics to find, feed and protect a swamp tame without losing everything in the process. Carno is a progression animal like Trike that will get replaced by a more optimal tame later.

Pachy is probably the most worthless dino in the game. Not fast, doesn't carry a lot, not particularly good at fighting. Many older dinos have been sort of power creeped but either retain some usefulness or have gained usefulness in other ways, but the Pachy was never good. Pachy should really be remade into a low-level Rhino (sprint increases damage mechanic) so that at least it has some novelty.

Archived