server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jacira said:

For me personally it was the weather. Ark can be tedious enough at times, but to sit in my adobe shelter because it's too hot outside or to have to build a tent somewhere and literally twiddle my thumbs for 15 whole minutes because there's a sandstorm. No thanks...

If they reduce the sandstorm duration by like 2/3 I would consider going back.

edit: Also, evaporation from Water Jars and Cantinas? No thanks, the entire point of having those is so they last and can take multiple sips. 

i wear full asc ghillie suit, i never overheat even during those heat wave i can just play (although with blurry screen)

sandstorm, just hide for several minutes no big deal, it's boring perhaps as it blocks your progress, but then it's a good time to craft, or organise your base or whatever ^^

electricity storm, doesn't affect wind turbines so no big deal.

30 fortitude, ghillie suit and your good

yup water does evaporate, but as a rather slow rate and there are alot of other ways to get water. all those bugs, water in the middle of map, water in oasis. water wells

4 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i wear full asc ghillie suit, i never overheat even during those heat wave i can just play (although with blurry screen)

sandstorm, just hide for several minutes no big deal, it's boring perhaps as it blocks your progress, but then it's a good time to craft, or organise your base or whatever ^^

electricity storm, doesn't affect wind turbines so no big deal.

30 fortitude, ghillie suit and your good

yup water does evaporate, but as a rather slow rate and there are alot of other ways to get water. all those bugs, water in the middle of map, water in oasis. water wells

- I have worn ghillie suits and still taken damage in some of the real bad heatwaves.

- Sandstorms last longer than several minutes, it hinders your ability to explore and when you are sitting in a tent waiting for it you cannot craft or organise things as you're not at your base.

- Elec storms I never really cared about but you cannot just dismiss them with wind turbines because wind turbines are only an effective means of electricity in very specific areas of the map.

- Precisely my point. I don't want to have to waste experience points to get my fortitude all the way up to 30 just to be able to play the game. Especially when 30 fort is overkill on any other map.

- It's not about how abundant water is, it's about making items that have a specific purpose redundant.

• GP locked this topic

My ghillie with 0 fortitude never even see a small flame except for on a very rare occasion, and with crafting skill I think it has been a month since the small flame has been on my screen. Heat protection is just over 1000 on the set I am currently wearing. I must have gotten really lucky because I did not know this was a thing for people with good ghillie.

I do have 200 water, and if you put canteens in your dinos the water does not evaporate as fast. I eat veggies instead of meat since the restore 20 food and 10 water.

Power sucks and I still lose power occasionally with a wind turbine. Tek generator needs to be powered with shards to avoid unnecessary element loss.

With goggles you can still get around in the sandstorms. If your dino loses stam just get off for a short time and it will regenerate.

It is funny, half the time when I log into the island I go to fill up my canteen and realize I still have water.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Paneross said:

Umm how is it a troll post they said the list would be released August 22nd. It's now August 23rd. Why believe them now?

It's a troll post because you are attempting to make people believe they will only have 12 hours to transfer. That's why. Although a failed troll post.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, electricblooz said:

care to eat crow?

I don't eat crows, but sure i'll eat humble pie. However, the point I was making was not about whether they would post the list on Tuesday or not, it was pointing out that 2 hours would not be another day for the US as they were still 6 hours from being on another day. So no need for crows or humble pie.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived