server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

but the release is next week right?

not sure if i will have enough time (1 week) to transfer my stuff

as i work 8 hours a day and have a fair share of resources to take with me.

It doesn't necessarily mean they are taking those posted servers offline at launch, Everyone is just assuming they will. Officially they said they would give a ~4 week notice so people have time to make a decision and get moved so this may still hold true.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

It doesn't necessarily mean they are taking those posted servers offline at launch, Everyone is just assuming they will. Officially they said they would give a ~4 week notice so people have time to make a decision and get moved so this may still hold true.

um these servers are coming down on launch day

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

I don't remember 4 weeks notice.. last official word was from panda I think on the forums said they would give notice not any length of time like 4 weeks.. but I maybe wrong.

2 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

correct. the repurposed servers will not be taken offline at launch. they will give notice.

will the list be posted in announcements on it's own topic? or edited under the latest community crunch where it was first announced? or should i be checking twitter instead?

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Tuesday (August 22nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

oh no! i thought they said they'd give us time. I guess not! 

2 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

correct. the repurposed servers will not be taken offline at launch. they will give notice.

will the list be posted in announcements on it's own topic? or edited under the latest community crunch where it was first announced? or should i be checking twitter instead?

Nope, as Captnmorgan said, they are getting taken down in time for launch day.

According to Jat's twitter it'll be posted here on survivetheark today, presumably under announcements, although i won't be holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Guess the new official statement overrides the old. I still think they should hold fast to the 4 weeks since it's so close. If someone was on vacation until the 28th from today.. gg

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ZRISTWI10 said:

oh no! i thought they said they'd give us time. I guess not! 

I edited my post... I saw panda had posted a while ago it is notice... a week..  so its not last minute.. that being said I don't recall if it was supposed to be a longer time frame.. I may have missed something.. somewhere on twitter or something.. I get my info like you guys lol..

again this is from july after announcements so it maybe outdated info

3 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

I don't remember 4 weeks notice.. last official word was from panda I think on the forums said they would give notice not any length of time like 4 weeks.. but I maybe wrong.

Could be wrong but I think Jeremy said some along the lines of a few weeks notice in the original announcement on server wipes on steam ? The one where they said they will never wipe the servers but might repurposes the lower population servers ? Anyone got that link ? 

4 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

They said going forward they will be releasing lists and those servers will have 4 weeks to move before they are purposed.

I forget where i saw it but will try to find.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Could be wrong but I think Jeremy said some along the lines of a few weeks notice in the original announcement on server wipes on steam ? The one where they said they will never wipe the servers but might repurposes the lower population servers ? Anyone got that link ? 

yeah that's way outdated info... that's not relevant... if your referring to the one from 2015

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah thats probably the one. I know its outdated but thats probably where the figure for a 4 week notice period came from.

Yeah I think it was too.. something from that long ago wouldn't be relevant to today. Thanks though... 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Still not a freaking single word regarding Hardcore servers in 2 weeks. I start thinking we'll be closed down very soon...

16 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Yeah sorry you will have to wait longer for that info... They said in the statement as it gets closer to launch... I know you guys are anxious I am as well to find out what servers there will be. I am wondering myself would love to see offline raid pvp servers on consoles... So I am eargerly awaiting the info as well

7 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

yeah that's way outdated info... that's not relevant... if your referring to the one from 2015

8 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

What was the old statement if I may ask... I maybe wrong... if you could link it to me thanks... 

Jeremy's statement from 2016 is the original I was referring to. Can't find any newer if any are out there 

“We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship — no wipe — though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we’ll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host).”

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Insomniak said:

Jeremy's statement from 2016 is the original I was referring to. Can't find any newer if any are out there 

“We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship — no wipe — though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we’ll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host).”

that was a very long time ago.. Things have changed so much... Sorry... But I don't think that statement is relevant anymore.. 

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

that was a very long time ago.. Things have changed so much... Sorry... But I don't think that statement is relevant anymore.. 

Yea that was a while ago, guess everyone keeps quoting it.. hope everyone has time to move it's getting crunch time. I know my setup would take days just to take down.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Insomniak said:

Yea that was a while ago, guess everyone keeps quoting it.. hope everyone has time to move it's getting crunch time. I know my setup would take days just to take down.

Yeah it will be a busy weekend for all of those moving I'm sure... I wish you all good luck with your moves... I haven't really played in a month waiting for new servers myself so I am itching to get back into pvp ... I will be starting on a pve server as well ... 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, WWilson said:

its wed where's the list?

and what part of the forums will it be put up in so I know were to watch? announcements?

It will be posted as an announcement. I think this will either be in the announcements forum or the announcement function that will appear at the top of the forum on every page you go on. I'm thinking the latter because Jat said you won't be able to miss it.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived