Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaptoBraunch said:

The only people who would actually quit ARK forever after a server wipe are the spoiled manchildren who buy wyverns and gigas with real money. This behavior is both enabled and encouraged by the transfer mechanic. But Wildcard miraculously doesn't seem to see any issue with transfers OR not wiping. In fact, i get flamed anytime i dare oppose it. It's not possible that the devs dont see the pitiful state of Official servers, i've heard one acknowledge it. What could possibly motivate them to turn a blind eye to the obvious poison their world is becoming?

With my knowledge of American politics, its highly likely that someone high up at WC is infact producing and distributing these illegitimate dinos and making a killing. Our leaders have forsaken us for the almighty dollar, surprised i am not.

What people spend their money on is really their own business now, isn't it, CaproBraunch?

People who simply don't like taming Wyverns, e.g. or simply do not havie the amount of time nessecary to do so, hence, shall be indefinatelly forbidden to have one so you say? As long as those transactions pass by Wildcard Studios what are they supposed to do about it? Forbid any server transactions as long as they are not confirmed to be made with ingots or poly?

And as my last post was deleted due to some very wage reasoning I repeat myself:

You can't use the same explenation on both sides of the game, PVE and PVP.

Whereas I might agree that alpha tribes on PVP have a massive advantage over newcomers, (I can imagine but are not sure since I stopped playing PVP a while back) none of these arguments can be stated when it comes to the question whether there should be a wipe on PVE-Servers. People play PVE in order to construct, to tame and to breed. They put a lot of efford in what they have done making it a rich and time-expensive playstyle. Whether or not there were some bugs or exploits one year ago simply doesn't matter. Maybe just the fact that it took one tribe less time to do what another achieved with more efford.

But noone can dominate or threaten any newcomers. You can block and grief other players 24 hours after a wipe.

Only THIS TIME the possibility of doing so might certainly be much higher due to massive ressentiment of betrayed players who lost everything just to make room for others.

2 hours ago, deathbyfire666 said:

I'm on a official pve server with pillers covering most of the map so I'm king of hoping for a server wipe on Xbox servers at least to help new players when the full game is released.

We just had a pillar wipe on our server, guess how long it took to replace them all? About an hour.  

1 hour ago, dentrue said:

What people spend their money on is really their own business now, isn't it, CaproBraunch?

People who simply don't like taming Wyverns, e.g. or simply do not havie the amount of time nessecary to do so, hence, shall be indefinatelly forbidden to have one so you say? As long as those transactions pass by Wildcard Studios what are they supposed to do about it? Forbid any server transactions as long as they are not confirmed to be made with ingots or poly?

And as my last post was deleted due to some very wage reasoning I repeat myself:

You can't use the same explenation on both sides of the game, PVE and PVP.

Whereas I might agree that alpha tribes on PVP have a massive advantage over newcomers, (I can imagine but are not sure since I stopped playing PVP a while back) none of these arguments can be stated when it comes to the question whether there should be a wipe on PVE-Servers. People play PVE in order to construct, to tame and to breed. They put a lot of efford in what they have done making it a rich and time-expensive playstyle. Whether or not there were some bugs or exploits one year ago simply doesn't matter. Maybe just the fact that it took one tribe less time to do what another achieved with more efford.

But noone can dominate or threaten any newcomers. You can block and grief other players 24 hours after a wipe.

Only THIS TIME the possibility of doing so might certainly be much higher due to massive ressentiment of betrayed players who lost everything just to make room for others.

If you can't or don't want to spend enough time to reach that level, no, you dont deserve wyverns, donald. Sure you can whip out your wallet and buy them but everything you do after is a joke, period. Youre a cheater and a sucker, paying more money to skip ahead. Scummy and lame.

PVE doesn't count, theres no competition so who cares if they wipe that? And FYI there is still a certified guaranteed duping method as of right now, alphas on my very server do it. 

Btw i already hinted the ultimate and obvious solution to end transfercancer. End transfers. All it does is allow giant edgemob tribes and entitled corner-cutting trumps like yourself to "own" MULTIPLE servers and ruin the experience for everyone on them. As opposed to only the server they originated on where everybody knows them and.. *Gasp* the one they might actually have to face the consequences for their actions on. Crazy, right?

As it stands now, every big tribe allies with eachother and only raids off-server, before slinking away into the ark where nobody can track or revenge raid them. Cowardly and unethical, and a horrible way to handle a game like ark, where 10 hours of grinding c4 can eclipse 1000 hours of building and defenses.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, CaptoBraunch said:

PVE doesn't count, theres no competition so who cares if they wipe that?

Wiping isn't just about competition. PVE has some very good communities on servers that have built massive communal structures and stuff where people actually have a lot of fun during the time they have available to actually play ARK. So yes a lot of people care about PVE because they understand what PVE actually means. Don't disregard other peoples concerns just because you don't care about PVE.

48 minutes ago, GP said:

Wiping isn't just about competition. PVE has some very good communities on servers that have built massive communal structures and stuff where people actually have a lot of fun during the time they have available to actually play ARK. So yes a lot of people care about PVE because they understand what PVE actually means. Don't disregard other peoples concerns just because you don't care about PVE.

Thank you for clearing up that for him. A lot of time is put into breeding and what not on PVE we for the most part don't have time or want to be bothered with the competitive side of the game ( if alpha tribe wiping lvl 5 person is competitive) don't disregard the work put into the game play we have just because were not out murdering each other.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, GP said:

They have stated that there is no intention to wipe servers at launch, with the exception of very low populated or empty servers that may get re-purposed with a 1 month notice.

As for how low a low populated server needs to be that is unknown.

I played on Xbox official EU 600 Primitive PVP it is gone and where is my Character.

43 minutes ago, GP said:

exactly. so when you see a dodo race track 100x20 big, you smile, even if it's only being used once per month. or when someone builds a bridge over the main river that blocks all raft access. or those bridge builds to carno/herb island with thousands of tiles being used. isn't it fantastic what you can build in ark?! i was in a such server and i know i could count spino spawns on one hand. these communal activities belong on a RP server like what WC have set up to get their trailer shots from. real people don't actually behave like what you're suggesting @GP. if you want to play sims then buy sims.

the events that i personally took part were cave expeditions. i imagine these solo tribes now team up to fight against the bosses also, and that's ok. that doesn't put strain on the fragile ecosystem that are ark spawns. i'd personally put a cap on tribe structure allowance. just like the dino cap is stopping you from flooding the server, the buildings need to be monitored as well. would also benefit the pillar situation as they are part of your allowance. if you have an inferiority complex issue and need to resolve it then go into SP and take screenshots. official servers don't benefit on your bs.

14 hours ago, arkark said:

Yes, placing spawn preventing items on top of the pillars. And in my opinion if people do that in large areas they deserve a ban, because this is acting in a malicious way.

But that will happend regardless of a wipe, and, if there is not automatic solution for that, rules should be changed so we the players can report the people that does that, and in a pair of weeks the servers will be free of that people that enjoy doing that things to break game experience of others.

That's why i said earlier the pillaring system needs reworking. But as it is a new player has no chance of starting on a new server when all the good spots are taken or pillared. 

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Old bob can just do this a few weeks after having been wiped.

To a new bob.

14 hours ago, FredFlinstoner said:

Pillars now decay in 12hrs and anybody can kite new or old.

Exactly, but new bob would have had time to at least build a significant base and get used to the game before old bob had the resources to kite to him. Also if old bob didn't have the base and position he was in prior to the wipe he would be more focused on rebuilding and chatting to the new people that he probably wouldn't want to kite them. 

Yeah they decay in 12 hours without spawn blockers ontop but even then you can just go around replacing them instantly if you really wanted to be a tool, most servers are still pillared to death. 

In the end I'm PvP and always have been, and I'm totally pro wipe for PvP, if they chose not to wipe PvE then that's another story, it wouldn't bother me that much but a lot of the mechanics in PvE still need fixing and people got to where they was by abusing them so it would only be right to wipe everybody and refresh the entire game. 

It always sounds like PVE-Players abuse and exploit a game to an unbearable ammount so I've become quite curious about all the evil stuff that happens on PVE-servers apparentelly.

Old Bob will definatelly kite and pillar New Bobs home if it stands on the site where Old Bobs motherbase with all his kibble dinos and TEK-Gear, he worked his ass off and bred dinos like a mad man for, was razed to the ground so New Bob can put his thatch hut there. How can anyone possibly think that's a good idea?

And the only reason for people to pillar is not to piss other people off but to PREVENT servers from becoming absolutelly overcrowded! I mean when was the last time you actually looked at the shores of ANY PVE-Server?! Its one Behemothgate to another - Base on base with a small gap in between them. Pillaring is a desperate attempt (for most people - I know that there are people doing funny stuff with them but those people can easily be DEALT WITH if they get their abuse reported) to prevent the map being stupid with bases resulting in a massive decline in spawn rates of any kind. Not to mention that you can't even set food outside your private quarters before running into some other guys stuff.

The Servers are too full.

Both the pillaring-issue and the impending server wipes can both easily be dealt with by simply adding new ones. It's not too hard to understand.

Well I guess ill repost here because gamerperfection decided to silence my new thread (which i did not appreciate very much), so i doubt this will get seem here which is why i made a new thread, but here goes..

Skip 27 minutes in and listen to Ced

GP if you are reading this, this thread is very old and im trying to present new info to people that they not many know about yet. Not to be rude, but that was a jerk move on your part. People need to know about this.

9 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

Well I guess ill repost here because gamerperfection decided to silence my new thread (which i did not appreciate very much), so i doubt this will get seem here which is why i made a new thread, but here goes..

Skip 27 minutes in and listen to Ced

GP if you are reading this, this thread is very old and im trying to present new info to people that they not many know about yet. Not to be rude, but that was a jerk move on your part. People need to know about this.

I have already posted this this morning fella

4 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

Yea I see that now. I made the new thread because people arent going to search for this info when they think they already know the answer, so I hurried up and commented here with it.

Np, though I think this topic will remain somewhere on the first page of this forum due to it being a main centre point for discussion currently.

maybe one of the mods could make this a sticky topic to prevent any further retopics on the same topic? @GP

@Sh4rk look at the dates above your post. are they That old? what "new info" have you given us? the same video being quoted above you, made 3h ago? this forum is littered with spam and duplicates and sometimes even the great eestlane gets fuzzy, but i know when i was wrong.

i checked my steam profile and apparently i've been absent for 2 months now. can't wait for the beta or official to reach that goal where i feel justice is on the defending side. open transfers have also ruined pve in my opinion. people don't take bride in their achievements and just trade as it's much quicker. i wish WC had a scoreboard for tames and genes so players could actually compete in that department. and/or a permanent penalty for cross-travel. again, would require a wipe as 20+ servers now share the same 14k hp and 480% melee rexes. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, X111 said:

maybe one of the mods could make this a sticky topic to prevent any further retopics on the same topic? @GP

It won't be made a sticky. The only sticky would be an official announcement on the subject. And by the way a sticky wouldn't prevent new topics being made, that's just the way people are.

18 minutes ago, GP said:

The video was posted in here days ago before even X111 posted it. It's not necessary to post it yet again even after you knew that it was posted in this thread.

I didn't know it was posted here, honestly. But I admit, I didn't look.... which leads to the point I am trying to make here.

The point of me making the new thread was that people arent going to dig to see this stuff when they already are under the impression that there will be no official wipe. I made a new thread to make front page with somthing that is unknown to most outside of this thread. Facebook groups, in game, and the forums are wild with people who claim there will be no wipe. You would fimd that if you used the search function you suggested to me.

This is important, and while I am pro-wipe, people DO need to know about this and I am only trying to help people before they hear about the possibility, when it is far too late. The fact that it is now under consideration, IS a rather big annoucement and should be stickied. Even if no wipe is decided on, it is importamt that people become aware of the possibility because it is clear that the majority still does not know about the interview an what was said.

Please, just don't silence people who are trying to bring attention something that we can all agree is a very important matter. It is not like I made a new thread about the flyer nerf.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

Please, just don't silence people who are trying to bring attention something that we can all agree is a very important matter. It is not like I made a new thread about the flyer nerf.

I'm not silencing anyone here. I told you in your thread the video you linked to was already being discussed in this thread plenty of times, so yes before you posted the video again, in this thread you already knew it was in this thread because I told you it was.

No-one is being silenced whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Just seems like the same handful of ppl trying to keep the discussion alive in the desperate hope for the alphas they hate to get wiped ?.  Some of these guys have got dozens of posts in the one topic.

that's what taking part of a conversation looks like. you go back and forth to point out all the faults in the system. if you acknowledge the pros then the decision is inevitable. what anti guys are complaining is the time lost and that the same guys would out-farm after the wipe. great. did you know the first year people were sleeping? i mean, with the current 2x made standard and 1.5x (3x from original) weekends you're moving twice as fast. can easily hit lvl 50 within a week. so rank really isn't a concern. and breeding times can change too, considerably. most blatant disregard for actual balancing would be an increase in overall breeding times, like the valentine and anniversary event were. so again, people could reach the same goals considerably quicker. breeding for stats individually doesn't make sense when WC has opened the floodgates to supreme genes. no pride in that but whatever. zerg tribes on the other hand are a problem. yes they can build up faster but not through ill means (if exploits get fixed). there are ways to penalize zerg pvp and that too remains in the WC unsteady hands. i'm pretty sure the number of quitters is exceeding the number of players. and those too are demoralized by what they are forced to do every day. 

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived