Defending against trolls

Rexfanboy3

54 minutes ago, Rexfanboy3 said:

I'm tired of getting raided by trolls what is the best way to defend against them if there raid me before I get a chance to rebuild

How about waiting until duping is fixed?

You'll eventually get raided by a mega tribe with unlimited resources. It's inevitable. Most Official PVP servers are owned by a few different 'mega' alliances. These alliances have access to unlimited resources because they've employed/invited dupers and DDOSERs just to keep up with the other tribes that are duping.

They even have people that use websites and applications to search servers, look at server and player details without even joining your server. Effectively allowing them to offline raid you at midnight your time, while maxing out your server playercount, and finally DDOS your server as soon as your guys start joining to fight back. 

There's no point in playing PVP right now, you'll just get trampled by people who cheated their way to the top.

11 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

How about waiting until duping is fixed?

You'll eventually get raided by a mega tribe with unlimited resources. It's inevitable. Most Official PVP servers are owned by a few different 'mega' alliances. These alliances have access to unlimited resources because they've employed/invited dupers and DDOSERs just to keep up with the other tribes that are duping.

They even have people that use websites and applications to search servers, look at server and player details without even joining your server. Effectively allowing them to offline raid you at midnight your time, while maxing out your server playercount, and finally DDOS your server as soon as your guys start joining to fight back. 

There's no point in playing PVP right now, you'll just get trampled by people who cheated their way to the top.

Even without the mega tribes to deal with you won't be able to build. I was recently on a scorched server that was completely wiped by 3 different mega tribes over the course of a month and then everyone started to build up. Then came the trolls on pteras , every single hour from every different server. Built up a base 7 different locations and tried to hide 1x1s etc. every single thing gone. I had a 1x1 stone hut in a random valley in between rocks and I could barely even find it but the trolls rocketed it and got my few measly Bps I saved. This game is nothing but mega tribes and people who got wiped by mega tribes who just troll since they know there's no point in rebuilding. Take server 10 for example; I spawned at south 2 and there were about 5 tek rafts fighting and almost 20 guys with flamethrowers and fab snipers etc. none of them from server ten I'm sure and all just straight trolling. As soon as your server population is low you can expect to be trolled too. And like he said , good luck wasting your time grinding for turrets when all they need is a good bronto to soak the bullets and then they run up to your killboxes with ascendant flak and c4 everything because even if they got hit they can withstand 300 bullets (don't get me started on high dura Ghillie). Combine that with 350 armor saddles that these people cheated to make and you'll give up soon enough 

23 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Even without the mega tribes to deal with you won't be able to build. I was recently on a scorched server that was completely wiped by 3 different mega tribes over the course of a month and then everyone started to build up. Then came the trolls on pteras , every single hour from every different server. Built up a base 7 different locations and tried to hide 1x1s etc. every single thing gone. I had a 1x1 stone hut in a random valley in between rocks and I could barely even find it but the trolls rocketed it and got my few measly Bps I saved. This game is nothing but mega tribes and people who got wiped by mega tribes who just troll since they know there's no point in rebuilding. Take server 10 for example; I spawned at south 2 and there were about 5 tek rafts fighting and almost 20 guys with flamethrowers and fab snipers etc. none of them from server ten I'm sure and all just straight trolling. As soon as your server population is low you can expect to be trolled too. And like he said , good luck wasting your time grinding for turrets when all they need is a good bronto to soak the bullets and then they run up to your killboxes with ascendant flak and c4 everything because even if they got hit they can withstand 300 bullets (don't get me started on high dura Ghillie). Combine that with 350 armor saddles that these people cheated to make and you'll give up soon enough 

This sounds like salt but its true.

You really have to just get lucky and land on a good server with cool people, and even then it can get hit by transfer raiders. 

Its a tough game to play if you're not a part of an alpha tribe, yet strangely addicting nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, SirRynomyte said:

Hate to break it to you but raiding still happens in PVE. Harder to do, and easier to prevent, but still happens. And trust me is pisses you off even more. 

Its like sport for some. Drag and drown one while they are offline. Or pull some dino (preferred gigas) into their base while they are online.

Lovely folks, can't do much to retaliate on pve, besides from doing the same crap.

16 minutes ago, Mardagg said:

Its like sport for some. Drag and drown one while they are offline. Or pull some dino (preferred gigas) into their base while they are online.

Lovely folks, can't do much to retaliate on pve, besides from doing the same crap.

You nailed it! Those people are already defended properly too so almost impossible to return the favor.

6 hours ago, Rexfanboy3 said:

I'm tired of getting raided by trolls what is the best way to defend against them if there raid me before I get a chance to rebuild

Ive found the best way to avoid is skip stone stage. But this method involves a big big day of grinding.

I build a small hatch flat area and place the levelling items on it. Bed, Mortor and pessel, a few storage boxes, a bed. And grind collect mats.

Eventually i build 4 forges and a smithy in a secluded area that isn't on scrub beach, metal metal metal metal  grind  smelt grind smelt. i don't build until i have enough for a 2x2x2 hut full metal. Full metal is the best way to stop grieving usually. 

4 hours ago, SixShadows said:

Hidden base, focus on plant-x and turrets first.

This doesn't necessarily work... What I mean by that is; There is basically nowhere to hide. Hell you can even camo paint exterior of your base, it won't matter though. I don't know how, but no matter where you are even if you are outside of the game people will find and raid your base (on Official PVP).

6 minutes ago, spacejam said:

Ive found the best way to avoid is skip stone stage. But this method involves a big big day of grinding.

I build a small hatch flat area and place the levelling items on it. Bed, Mortor and pessel, a few storage boxes, a bed. And grind collect mats.

Eventually i build 4 forges and a smithy in a secluded area that isn't on scrub beach, metal metal metal metal  grind  smelt grind smelt. i don't build until i have enough for a 2x2x2 hut full metal. Full metal is the best way to stop grieving usually. 

Smart. I used to use a very similar tactic in Rust. Never thought of playing ARK that way, though 

38 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

This doesn't necessarily work... What I mean by that is; There is basically nowhere to hide. Hell you can even camo paint exterior of your base, it won't matter though. I don't know how, but no matter where you are even if you are outside of the game people will find and raid your base (on Official PVP).

Smart. I used to use a very similar tactic in Rust. Never thought of playing ARK that way, though 

It def takes a lot more time tho. and requires one big sit to get to that. Ragnarok makes with method abit easier because you can tames horses, that have decent health and get berries pretty easy. So you've got a weight dino/transport/ and something to collect narcos berries with so you can gain dem levels with narcos. All the tools for early levelling are present.

So someone who raids your safezone is automatically a troll without any reasoning behind it?

Get out of PvP if you do not like people raiding you. It's PvP. People make sure you won't be a threat. Ever.

@Mardagg How can someone drag your body into the ocean if you're in an enclosured building and how can someone kite Gigas inside your base if the AI is not supposed to aggro on you if it doesn't see anything from your tribe it could aggro on? Build a double wall which is really high. It's a question of getting gud.

29 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

@Mardagg How can someone drag your body into the ocean if you're in an enclosured building and how can someone kite Gigas inside your base if the AI is not supposed to aggro on you if it doesn't see anything from your tribe it could aggro on? Build a double wall which is really high. It's a question of getting gud.

He did say pull a giga while they are online which would mean the Giga would argo the player, and therefore everything else in his base.

But yes simply avoided by building a giant wall to keep the Mexicans out.. I mean giga's

4 minutes ago, spacejam said:

He did say pull a giga while they are online which would mean the Giga would argo the player, and therefore everything else in his base.

But yes simply avoided by building a giant wall to keep the Mexicans out.. I mean giga's

If you're online, you're still safe behind your walls in your base. And noone kites a Giga up to you if you're somewhere on a dino. People kite Gigas and Titans to bases, not random players.

If you build your walls so high that a wild Giga cannot see over them and with multiple layers so a Giga, even if he sticks half of his body through the first layer, won't see your tames, he has nothing to aggro on.

Just now, Jostabeere said:

If you're online, you're still safe behind your walls in your base. And noone kites a Giga up to you if you're somewhere on a dino. People kite Gigas and Titans to bases, not random players.

If you build your walls so high that a wild Giga cannot see over them and with multiple layers so a Giga, even if he sticks half of his body through the first layer, won't see your tames, he has nothing to aggro on.

Yes but most people are scrub and don't do that.

Not everyone can be as perfect as you

10 hours ago, Rexfanboy3 said:

Build small, keep your base well hidden. I dont even bother building until i get to stone. Keep resources in boxes scattered everywhere in case you need to restart. Build multiple bases as you move around the map, put a bed in each one and a box with basic tools in case you have to jump to another really fast.  Dont talk in chat until you know the server better, most rules on servers are the same so you should know them and follow them. Put out fires at night. Only tame what you can protect. And get xplant seeds asap. Dont ever ever build on the beach or near popular spawn spots. And always remember if someone else isnt dilo'ing you then Wildcard will so dont get too attached to anything!

5 hours ago, CriD said:

I like when pve players use the term "get gud" especially that spelling. Playing on the training wheels game type giving people advice about trolls on PvP.

And in pvp, if random trolls only on pteras wreck you at your base...go put them training wheels on.

I spoke about PvE with the guy I quoted. There is not much to say about PvP. He decided to play a mode where everyone can and will raid him, so he should stop complaining about people doing PvP in PvP.

Also sorry to say that, but if you actually think that PvE does not require any skill and has no learning curve, where you definitely can gid gud, you're a fool.

Archived