Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I got 99 mindwipes, you aint got one

Sorry had to be done, bit of Jayz to lighten the mood.

My input... haters gonna hate

So what are you thoughts about the people who eventually change tribes, or servers, and their roles now are completely different? So what do they do with the wrong stats? Can't level up? Why are we punishing end game?

17 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Do you actually play this game? Your choices are not going to be the correct ones all the time. Roles change over time, just like the game changes over time. However disabling the ability to reset at all once you're max level, is a dog crap move that kills their game. And you're the person defending it!

I do play this game, Been  playing for a long time and I know during this EA period ive used mind wipes more than i can count. But that was also because the game kept changing over time. I believe that if the devs were to change a big aspect of the game later they would give everyone a free mind wipe. But I indeed defend them for this decision. It was just to convenient to mind wipe for every specific task. They have said multiple time that they want this game to be a tribe game where you work together to achieve things and by doing this they only stimulate that idea.

15 minutes ago, GP said:

You are forgetting many are already max level, this is where their "one-time" comes into it because they are already at the point where they can only do one mindwipe.

Do you know for sure that you can use it only 1 time during the period of a level OR can you use 100 mindwipes when you are lvl 100 and have never used one?

Just now, BobRoss said:

I do play this game, Been  playing for a long time and I know during this EA period ive used mind wipes more than i can count. But that was also because the game kept changing over time. I believe that if the devs were to change a big aspect of the game later they would give everyone a free mind wipe. But I indeed defend them for this decision. It was just to convenient to mind wipe for every specific task. They have said multiple time that they want this game to be a tribe game where you work together to achieve things and by doing this they only stimulate that idea.

Did you even read what I was saying? I'm not talking about for every specific task. I'm not the kind of person to reset 10 times a day. Please............. I'm talking about the future, God damn you!

3 minutes ago, Sphere said:

So what are you thoughts about the people who eventually change tribes, or servers, and their roles now are completely different? So what do they do with the wrong stats? Can't level up? Why are we punishing end game?

They can cry... does any other game give you the freedom to respec at will without a cost?  My god I love this game but I hate the entitlement of its fanbase "waaaaah give me this, give me that... waaaaahhh" seriously some people just wasn't imprinted right.

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

They can cry... does any other game give you the freedom to respec at will without a cost?  My god I love this game but I hate the entitlement of its fanbase "waaaaah give me this, give me that... waaaaahhh" seriously some of you just wasn't imprinted right.

Wow, punish your players. Are you sadistic?

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

Did you even read what I was saying? I'm not talking about for every specific task. I'm not the kind of person to reset 10 times a day. Please............. I'm talking about the future, God damn you!

Plan ahead. And if you dont know what the future will bring go for a balanced allocation of points.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Do you know for sure that you can use it only 1 time during the period of a level OR can you use 100 mindwipes when you are lvl 100 and have never used one?

The Patch Notes state: Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up. It doesn't suggest it stacks.

4 minutes ago, GP said:

Deciding on your level up should require thinking and consideration, its about strategy. Doing mind wipe 10 times a day to make your tasks easier is another very good reason for this change.

If that was the goal of the change, and given the new crafting mechanic I can guess it was,  then surely a long cool-down (Day, Week, Month, whatever) is a better way of achieving it without locking people out of ever being able to change once they reach top level.  Most games I've played have a repeatable way of resetting but there is always a hefty cost, be it time, currency or resource.

For solo players and small tribes there aren't enough engram points to be able to make everything (and who knows how many more things will eventually be added) so without being lucky enough to find a BP for every single item, mindwipes are pretty much the only option.

To me this seems like a rushed decision and a bad way to counter a potential flaw in their new crafting mechanic.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Maahes said:

If that was the goal of the change, and given the new crafting mechanic I can guess it was,  then surely a long cool-down (Day, Week, Month, whatever) is a better way of achieving it without locking people out of ever being able to change once they reach top level.  Most games I've played have a repeatable way of resetting but there is always a hefty cost, be it time, currency or resource.

For solo players and small tribes there aren't enough engram points to be able to make everything (and who knows how many more things will eventually be added) so without being lucky enough to find a BP for every single item, mindwipes are pretty much the only option.

To me this seems like a rushed decision and a bad way to counter a potential flaw in their new crafting mechanic.

A long cooldown period would be a better solution yes. At least that way it prevents people from abusing the mindwipe mechanic 10 times a day to make their tasks easier.

It would be nice if you could gain 2 stacks of mindwipe-ability per very long cooldown or maybe a stack per x levels. That way small tribes that can't afford a dedicated "useless bum apart from crafting" can at least gain access to good custom recipes.

Edit: My fault for not thinking it through, small tribes would have to decide on a quality they want, then just before you level up, you wipe, make the food recipes in bulk to have spares, level up and wipe again. Still, this with crafting skill seems like 99% will never touch crafting skill, while large tribes that can afford it will have a max crafting skill char uploaded until they need it.

The game basically punishes you for reaching lvl100. Thats what this is.

Overtime, peoples playstyle changes. Someone who was focused on running around killing dinos and taming, 6 months down the line could be bored of this and then want to breed or build.

So that once very effective HP, STAM and Fortitude build is utterly useless now.

Someone said, name another game which lets you reset your stats? LITERALLY EVERY MMO. WoW, AA, Eve, GW2, etc....

Give us a cooldown of a week. Seems fine to me. Just don't shaft people who play your game for long enough to change how they want to play.

29 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

@Jat @Jen suggestion: make ALL blueprints and custom recipes have limited amount of uses (like fishing rods), retroactively, higher the quality tier - the less uses it has. At very least this would create a market for them and "crafting skill" would find some usage, probably, and it would promote players to look for new ones perpetually.

OH dear lord almighty and theseus do not do this. I really do not feel like losing my MC flak BPs

I think it would be very important that we push this problem to twitter and reddit guys. Don't let them ruin this great game with a bad game mechanic decision. Obviously abusing mind wipes is not great. But punishing end game players is also a bad move as well. This is a sand box game, and how people play can change, and so can the dynamics of tribes and roles.

14 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Wow, punish your players. Are you sadistic?

Been called that before yeah sure.

Fail to see how its punishing the players tho, you have 100 chances to get your character build right, if you haven't done it by then you have the problem not the devs or anybody else.

Do you forget you are playing a survival game with MMO aspects?  Being able to mindwipe on a whim removed a lot of the survival elements of the game, gave you far too much freedom of choice and just made the end game cheap and pointless.  Given its also technically an MMO please give me a game of such that allows you to respec and change your build with minimal effort or a substantial cost to yourself?

This is actually a really good move by the devs, will make people have to really think what they wish to do with regards to a role and usefulness within a tribe or community, instead of just dumping 100 stats into weight to do a farming run, then popping a tonic and putting 100 points into dmg for a raid.

People just want everything the easy way.

26 minutes ago, GP said:

A long cooldown period would be a better solution yes. At least that way it prevents people from abusing the mindwipe mechanic 10 times a day to make their tasks easier.

You obviously confused "easier" with "possible at all" (cave runner Setup vs. all other Setups) and/or "less of a unneccessary pain".

• Ofc i can still craft 500 stone walls on the go with 150 weight, but it will be a pain, not harder.
  • Ofc i can still reorder my 500 dinos, bec. i built a new pen remotely from their current one, without 70 points in speed and 45 in stam, it will just be more tedius, enerving and time consuming than before, but harder? Nope.
  • Ofc i can still do big building projects without food/water/weight setup, i will just need to run 28447262 times more often to the chest with the building parts, and also eat/drink every 20 seconds, is that what you consider "harder"? I dont think so...

Im playing PVE, and i liked my freedom in char setups, without it im not sure if i am even willing to continue playing at all, since it was a core component i used and also refined in a very much detailed way (you still have to choose/refine/develop your setups wisely based on your experience in the game).

This feature was in no way buggy or exploit like... it was a pure QoL thing, at least on PVE.

Ridiculous. People is gonna start creating alters, that is not bad, if not were because character management is poorly developed.

I can bet tickets about "I lost my char" will start to flood support side.

Ofc, if you want to be safe, you have to pay for a second account and just disconnect from one to enter the other, or share the game with a fake family account. I would like to hear what valve (on PC) has to say about this new move, because loads of "family shared" accounts are gonna be created for this porpuse.

Giving that leveling a char from 0 to 100 can be done in hours with some tribeys help, this change gonna benefict those who has more resources in real life.

Archived