Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

14 minutes ago, Sphere said:

How many times can we mindwipe Wildcard studios into changing their stance on breaking the game? Are they even reading the comments sections on this forum, reddit, and twitter?

Im guessing if you looked at their browser history, their community forums would be somewhere near the bottom.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Sh4rk said:

Simple put.... I shouldn't be screwed one day down the road when I want to make a chair, even though I can make plasma turrets and forcefield generators.... smh 

Make mindwipe a week cooldown and more expensive to cook one. I get that mindwiping to improve doing menial tasks is not the intention but totally taking away the ability to do it when you reach your player cap is a bit silly. We evolve our characters to become more intelligent, not be unable to make a campfire because we haven't made one in a long time, thats just basic stuff you never forget.

I think also it would be good to see some way of permanently learning basic engrams at endgame level, for things that are nearly a waste of points for someone whos up to tek tier, such as: campfires, chairs/tables, standing/wall torches, scissors, trophy mounts (all items that are purely decorative really), etc....

Really doubt people are going to use the new crafting skill system, especially now. At least not without buyingalt accounts but hey, WC gotta make their paper too i guess :P

I think more early game engrams should be found in drops.. I collect as many as I can anyways,  they are pretty useful when using beaver/thorny to mass craft items..

Also to all the people say this needs to be a thing to make things more difficult. That may be the dumbest argument ever because if they where really interested in keeping things difficult they would have never increased rates, or made certain gather Dino's Uber overpowered. This is just apart of their operation "eliminate older population". Because what happens when major long time players leave? It makes more room and dino cap for new players to buy their game...really not hard to see what's going on with all the things they have implemented to hurt existing players in the last year.

57 minutes ago, Sphere said:

But will they read the valid complaint?

And now the threads have been merged, making the whole point of this post now look silly.

I take it this and the post above are referring to my post, I thank you and I agree, it's just gonna get buried here and noone that actually "matters" is going to read it making it useless. Even better, they moved without even telling me (guess I was supposed to guess lol) and after trying to post it again, thinking it might have been a bug, I get a warning for trying to repost. Seems Mindwipe isn't the only thing needing improvement by Wildcard.

3 minutes ago, Bckjerome said:

Also to all the people say this needs to be a thing to make things more difficult. That may be the dumbest argument ever because if they where really interested in keeping things difficult they would have never increased rates, or made certain gather Dino's Uber overpowered. This is just apart of their operation "eliminate older population". Because what happens when major long time players leave? It makes more room and dino cap for new players to buy their game...really not hard to see what's going on with all the things they have implemented to hurt existing players in the last year.

so, you're saying all the people that haven't bought the game, and thus aren't playing, know that there's no room and the dino cap (exists) has been hit????

4 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

so, you're saying all the people that haven't bought the game, and thus aren't playing, know that there's no room and the dino cap (exists) has been hit????

Is it really hard to see, look at post on forums, comments on steam, posts on Reddit. There's this new thing called the interwebs...I go on the line often to read things about games 

2 minutes ago, Bckjerome said:

Is it really hard to see, look at post on forums, comments on steam, posts on Reddit. There's this new thing called the interwebs...I go on the line often to read things about games 

so, while the VAST majority of people that actually play the game don't have accounts here, you think all those people that haven't bought the game are frequenting this place?

Just now, perk8504 said:

so, while the VAST majority of people that actually play the game don't have accounts here, you think all those people that haven't bought the game are frequenting this place?

Did I say just this place in my post? Pretty sure you can read steam comments while you looking at buying a game, pretty sure you can go on Reddit and read comments without having a game account 

1 minute ago, Bckjerome said:

Did I say just this place in my post? Pretty sure you can read steam comments while you looking at buying a game, pretty sure you can go on Reddit and read comments without having a game account 

alright, alright, let's assume that they're reading along in those places (even though, the whining that goes on in forums over game mechanics has never been what inspires me to buy a game or not)

are they not also reading about all the empty servers?  the ones that are going to get wiped and repurposed?

or how they can host their own server for them and their friends?

it seems like wildcard likes to put a bunch of good things into a patch then hide a screw you in it. What is wrong with you guys?

"oh no players can craft things better" "oh wait now he can fight better" "crap, players are enjoying the game we have to fix this.."

if you want to make a change to mind-wipe give it a 24 hour cool down if anything. I thought it was fine the way it was.

This is my opinion anyway. A reply to this isn't necessary like Wildcard I don't care about your opinions either.

Hmmm, I haven't really paid much attention to the new end game mechanics... but is there actually a hard level cap anymore?  I had it in my head that successfully beating the end bosses gave you a higher level cap each time.  (This could easily be my mistake, it's not something I really care about).

If that is correct though, there will always be opportunities to respec your character.

Not to mention the tendency to accumulate bps over time that eliminate the need to learn every skill, or the obvious intention to promote specialization among characters.

We've had people freely admit in this thread to respecing their character for every little task.  In essence the ultimate min/maxers.  They had to know that constantly shifting their points into whatever was most advantageous for every single situation they faced was not how things were intended to be.  Not that I blame them for doing it (it was allowed), but I do have to raise an eyebrow at claims that taking away the ability to pour all available levels into any given task will ruin their gaming experience.

9 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

@Jat @Jen suggestion: make ALL blueprints and custom recipes have limited amount of uses (like fishing rods), retroactively, higher the quality tier - the less uses it has. At very least this would create a market for them and "crafting skill" would find some usage, probably, and it would promote players to look for new ones perpetually.

You sir are a bonehead.

Fishing rod have limited usage because you can obtain new blueprints while fishing.

Other blueprints are not going to net you new blue prints.  however if i can only make 3 MC raptor saddles from a blue print, i'm going to afraid to take my raptor out on a quick run, in fear of losing one of only 3 (already expensive saddles).

The logic in the improved crafting is that if you have a larger tribe, and a player specialize in making armor and saddles and with increased crafting ability, then you essentially have a black smith, which is how the game was intended to be played.  aka tribal logic.  however, small tribes still need to utilize BP's because they can't afford to spend all their points on saddles.

11 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

alright, alright, let's assume that they're reading along in those places (even though, the whining that goes on in forums over game mechanics has never been what inspires me to buy a game or not)

are they not also reading about all the empty servers?  the ones that are going to get wiped and repurposed?

or how they can host their own server for them and their friends?

I agree I don't decide to buy a game because of whining either. But I do however pay close attention the comments made by people who have over 300 hours in a game, even more so when I see the same comment made more than once.

Empty servers? These exist? Or do you mean the servers that seem empty because there's many major tribes on them that just log on to reset to make sure the server stays at dino cap to ruin everyone's day? Servers being wiped? I know I heard of it but has it been confirmed as something they are promising on doing?

And yes, privates are always an option...untill the host gets bored and shuts down the server.

11 minutes ago, SomeGuyWes said:

You sir are a bonehead.

Fishing rod have limited usage because you can obtain new blueprints while fishing.

Other blueprints are not going to net you new blue prints.  however if i can only make 3 MC raptor saddles from a blue print, i'm going to afraid to take my raptor out on a quick run, in fear of losing one of only 3 (already expensive saddles).

The logic in the improved crafting is that if you have a larger tribe, and a player specialize in making armor and saddles and with increased crafting ability, then you essentially have a black smith, which is how the game was intended to be played.  aka tribal logic.  however, small tribes still need to utilize BP's because they can't afford to spend all their points on saddles.

Yet WC has made it so people are punished for being in larger tribes do to tribe dino cap. Also specific roles for people in game only work if that person can at least function on daily activities in game. I'd love to see someone go through snow cave with 100 crafting skill points lol. How quick do you think people will quit if they find out the only use they have in the game is to craft weapons, saddles and armor...oh I did this today, guess tribe won't need me for a few weeks nor am I able to leave base without being overwieght from the amount of stuff I need to survive

1 minute ago, Homith said:

Really there is no point in actually having a mind wipe tonic at all if one you hit lvl 100. I agree, do not limit the use to once per level, but once every 24 hrs (either real time or game time) is fair. I don't really understand the logic on why they choose to restrict it to once per lvl.

Probably because it's being abused in game breaking ways currently.

Just now, ranger1presents said:

Probably because it's being abused in game breaking ways currently.

Don't see how, I use it to reconfig myself depending on the task at hand. I'm lvl100 now and let say I want to do a build job (in which I would want more weight) , I would mindwipe and prepare for the build. Lets say I want to make a custom recipe, I would reconfi. .. Now I am buggered and my only option now is to ascend. What happens after you ascend 3 times... Still no more mindwipe?

and people thought the flier nerf was bad...  this is the dumbest thing ever.

ok, so you shouldn't be able to mind wipe and reset stats multiple times (first off, who does that? it takes way to long to put points in and intelligently pick engrams multiple times a day)

The easy solution to this is a cooldown as others have suggested.  how does this not come up in any sort of brainstorm session?

like it seems the devs reasoning is this.

"problem- mind wipes are too useful so we need to nerf them somehow"

"literally first answer anyone thinks of- lets make them only usable 1 time per level"

" devs- BRILLIANT THEN NO ONE WILL USE THEM EXCEPT MAYBE 1 TIME!"

1 minute ago, Homith said:

Don't see how, I use it to reconfig myself depending on the task at hand. I'm lvl100 now and let say I want to do a build job (in which I would want more weight) , I would mindwipe and prepare for the build. Lets say I want to make a custom recipe, I would reconfi. .. Now I am buggered and my only option now is to ascend. What happens after you ascend 3 times... Still no more mindwipe?

I could be wrong but I don't think that when everything is in that you will ever hit a hard level cap.

You see, cool downs aren't really a good solution.

Today I need to have the highest possible crafting skills.  "slurp"

Today I need to be the fastest creature on the island.  "slurp"

Today I need to be the ultimate base builder.  "slurp"

Today I need to be unrivaled underwater.  "slurp"

Today we raid, I need to be superman.  "slurp"

Even on a monthly basis it's not very workable, and by that time you shouldn't really need to respec often anyway.

9 minutes ago, Bckjerome said:

Yet WC has made it so people are punished for being in larger tribes do to tribe dino cap. Also specific roles for people in game only work if that person can at least function on daily activities in game. I'd love to see someone go through snow cave with 100 crafting skill points lol. How quick do you think people will quit if they find out the only use they have in the game is to craft weapons, saddles and armor...oh I did this today, guess tribe won't need me for a few weeks nor am I able to leave base without being overwieght from the amount of stuff I need to survive

Some people dont want to go out and go "caving" and exploring.  Like my GF, and my neighbor.  they both spend most of their time rasing baby dinos and building.

For some folks being a "black smith" or an "ARKitect" or a "dino trainer"

those folks trade dinos for cool equipment.

Making Blue prints have limited uses will only increase the cost for traders.  there is already many established traders out there who wheel and deal in blue prints, dinos, saddles, resources, ect..

Archived