Can you solo for element?

Bramboxc123

Yes it's possible. I've killed megapithecus solo on official pve using this method:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi3b-YNpRVM

I had an 250% pump action shotgun and it took a bit less then 500 rounds. I had less then 1 minute to go.

Notes:

It's not really easy to place him in the right spot, I lost my asc shotgun on my second run because I got hit by a rock.

11 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You used to.. just run medium brood over and over.. but now it seems theyve nerfed the element gain .. how do they expect us to gain element now? Hard bm gives 30 element now.. thats only 30h of tek gen on lowest lol

Well I can care less about that.

I want element for underwater base. Not for tek generator.

How do you farm the brood solo?

I could go for easiest brood even...it only takes like 3 element per vacuum chamber.

4 minutes ago, JelliedBigfoot said:

Unofficial? Have I overlooked Gigas for bosses this whole time, or do you have custom setup?

I must apologise 

When I used to fight the bosses that being the broodmother and large monkey was before the arenas 

I play single player and haven't bothered with them since the arenas were implemented.

I am assuming from your statement that the gigas are not accessible in these new areas

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

I thought they just provide the air? What if you use the tek gen to create the air. Would you then be able to switch to a regular generator to power the vaccum compartment?

From what I know, you don't have a tek generator running, they will all fill with water.

38 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Yeah, it kinda sucks. Lots of buildup about underwater bases, but nobody's actually going to use them with the current methods of getting element 

They should make a structure...expensive. Maybe requires a lot of element to start with. Call it like "The mantle drill" and it just looks like a large bad a-- industrial forge.

And it drills for element and is powered by generators that must be mounted to (so you can use windmills).

Like 8 mountings all have to be running. 

And the thing might harvest 3 element an hour or something. 

But requires NO element to run other than maybe the initial investment if any initial investment at all.

26 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

They should make a structure...expensive. Maybe requires a lot of element to start with. Call it like "The mantle drill" and it just looks like a large bad a-- industrial forge.

And it drills for element and is powered by generators that must be mounted to (so you can use windmills).

Like 8 mountings all have to be running. 

And the thing might harvest 3 element an hour or something. 

But requires NO element to run other than maybe the initial investment if any initial investment at all.

Sounds interesting, probably need to be a little more difficult than that too, perhaps need to consume some artifacts or trophies during the process.

12 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Yes it's possible. I've killed megapithecus solo on official pve using this method:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi3b-YNpRVM

I had an 250% pump action shotgun and it took a bit less then 500 rounds. I had less then 1 minute to go.

Notes:

It's not really easy to place him in the right spot, I lost my asc shotgun on my second run because I got hit by a rock.

you sure this works with a legit% weapon?, because that video you linked is painfully obvious unofficial, and the gun he uses fells like at least 700%, if not more, 

I think Megapithecus can be surely soloed, if you have 20 rexes with good enough saddles, because there the players dont need to do anything, just sit back and relax while the rexes kill the boss. Shooting it is really an optional thing, riding the rexes is FORBIDDEN because the mega instakill players with its stone throwing attack even in saddles.

Broodmother is also viable, because it's killing depends on if you can bug all the rexes into it, so it cannot damage. As the lonely rider, you need to go behind the brood to push it into your AI controlled rexes attacking from the front to achieve this.

The dragon however I dont think is soloable. The key point there to get it stucked in the ground when it is landed, and for that ONE player controlled rex is not enough, almost impossible to glitch it, even 4-5 players needs several attempts.

One note howver: playing solo is risky, because if you die OR just crash during the bossing (what is not a rare thing) no one remains in the arena, so you instand lose the battle and all the rexes in the arena. So if possible, get someone with you to be on the safe side at least for the bossing.

12 hours ago, Bramboxc123 said:

I want element for underwater base. Not for tek generator.

Underwater bases are the biggest dead end in Ark in my opinion technology and usability wise.

1. Underwater bases are USELESS from economy prospective. You can extensive harvesting and mining operations from it, as the effective dinos are land based (anky, mammoth, doedi, quetz) plus basic materials (wood, fiber) does not even exist there. YEs, I knoe teleporters and transmitters exist so mining can be done but gosh, it would be so uncomfortable and inefficient, it is bordering stupidity to do so.

2. Underwater bases are VERY expensive to maintain, because the TEK generator required to sustain the base eats element as crazy. So you must do regular boss runs but hey... how the hell you raise and maintain your rex army in an underwater base?

3. Underwater bases are not more secure than the surface ones. The underwater gigantosaurus (mosa :) ) is available, turtles for tanking the turrets can submerge indefinitely so it is just a minor inconvenience to the raider to destroy your expensive base.... even better: I bet if anyone see an actual underwater base on a PVP server, it will be a primary raid target, because we will assume there are lots of elements stored there... :D

Based on above, I dont think the underwater bases have any real benefits, apart from being fancy. I believe WC wasted lots of efforts on this fancy concept what could be more useful on other areas.

Before they changed the Centre Boss spawns, we solo killed the Spider, Monkey Combo with 15 imprinted Rexes, all with saddles of about 70 defence and HP of about 30k.
Not tried recently, but i would of thought they would be able to take just the medium Monkey.

Might take a little while to farm all that stuff solo!

P.

2 hours ago, szabiferi said:

Underwater bases are the biggest dead end in Ark in my opinion technology and usability wise.

1. Underwater bases are USELESS from economy prospective. You can extensive harvesting and mining operations from it, as the effective dinos are land based (anky, mammoth, doedi, quetz) plus basic materials (wood, fiber) does not even exist there. YEs, I knoe teleporters and transmitters exist so mining can be done but gosh, it would be so uncomfortable and inefficient, it is bordering stupidity to do so.

2. Underwater bases are VERY expensive to maintain, because the TEK generator required to sustain the base eats element as crazy. So you must do regular boss runs but hey... how the hell you raise and maintain your rex army in an underwater base?

3. Underwater bases are not more secure than the surface ones. The underwater gigantosaurus (mosa :) ) is available, turtles for tanking the turrets can submerge indefinitely so it is just a minor inconvenience to the raider to destroy your expensive base.... even better: I bet if anyone see an actual underwater base on a PVP server, it will be a primary raid target, because we will assume there are lots of elements stored there... :D

Based on above, I dont think the underwater bases have any real benefits, apart from being fancy. I believe WC wasted lots of efforts on this fancy concept what could be more useful on other areas.

Not sure if I understood 3 correctly but mosas can't damage the vacuum compartments since they are tek structures

Archived