Sound Pass

BigDally

Love the post Ulta, and agree 100% One day the Quetz shall regain their glorious call!

To add on, if I may:

-Compy- I love the "new" sounds. Very iconic chirping, since they used to have the ichthy sounds, but now when I hear their chirping (reminiscent of Jurrasic Park) I know exactly where they are

-Pelagornis- Again, love it. Very cute chirps and purrs. The attack sounds a little strained, but i like the "clop" when their beaks close, really sells it

-Basilosaurus- Don't change a thing! The whale sounds are very soothing, also a big fan of the chomping sound effect when you feed them

-Spinosaur/Mosa/Plesio- Not a fan of any of their death sounds, and they all sound like they're the same sound bite, just with different pitches. They also sound really high-pitched, and almost silly

-All water creatures- Is it possible to get a sound of them coming close? Like a water displacement sound as they get within like 2-3 meters. If this is already there, then please ignore, I can't recall ever hearing it

-Equus- Perfection, no complaints here

-Tapejara- I worry every patch about that these will be changed. I truly love their sounds, the panting/hooting and the level up sounds are delightful. Love it because it sounds so deep and resonant due to their big crests

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

Love the post Ulta, and agree 100% One day the Quetz shall regain their glorious call!

To add on, if I may:

-Compy- I love the "new" sounds. Very iconic chirping, since they used to have the ichthy sounds, but now when I hear their chirping (reminiscent of Jurrasic Park) I know exactly where they are

-Pelagornis- Again, love it. Very cute chirps and purrs. The attack sounds a little strained, but i like the "clop" when their beaks close, really sells it

-Basilosaurus- Don't change a thing! The whale sounds are very soothing, also a big fan of the chomping sound effect when you feed them

-Spinosaur/Mosa/Plesio- Not a fan of any of their death sounds, and they all sound like they're the same sound bite, just with different pitches. They also sound really high-pitched, and almost silly

-All water creatures- Is it possible to get a sound of them coming close? Like a water displacement sound as they get within like 2-3 meters. If this is already there, then please ignore, I can't recall ever hearing it

-Equus- Perfection, no complaints here

-Tapejara- I worry every patch about that these will be changed. I truly love their sounds, the panting/hooting and the level up sounds are delightful. Love it because it sounds so deep and resonant due to their big crests

Oooo add these to my list as well. I didn't touch any of the new dinos (or those old ones that haven't been changed) mostly cause well...I like them as is xD Totally agree on the Tapejara, don't change it! I love it as is!

I played a little more today as well and started noticing I was hearing more than just Hyeanadon in the background noises when exploring. Gosh what a lovely touch that was to the game. The new ambient sounds are quite nice too! The wind in the snow areas really make it feel cold.

I should probably look at water dinos some more since the only two I recall the noises of clearly is the Ithchy and the megaladon (the shark is fine to me really).

There is my entire thread of sound effects feedback. Everything I said there is still up to date.

https://www.survivetheark.com/forums/topic/168465-the-new-sounds-effect-feedback/

The animal that needs to have current sound effects scrapped and redone entirely is a raptor. It is so awful that I cannot stand using this animal in the game anymore.

You ought to stop making heavy mechanical AT-ST like walking sounds effects for every animal you release. If the animal walk on dirt,  you have to hear raspy sound of dirt and leaves being lifted by foot and squished sand sound when foot is placed on the ground. Adjust walking sounds to the surface the animal walks on. So we wouldn't have "walking on dirt sound effects" on a rocky surface and vice versa. Otherwise it is really immersion breaking.

Remove the old distress Quetzal call from the new idle sounds and remove JP velociraptor purring sounds from idle Quetzal sounds.

It looks like everyone here is basically on the same page. We need more fear-inducing sound on the carnivores. The Giga...oh my...I know you guys are in love with this tek thing, but the dinos shouldn't sound like that unless they look like metal! Seriously, they bleed, they eat meat and give meat when killed, they should not sound like an electronic. 

I kind of agree about the thunder, but at the same time I love it. My main issue with it is that when under water, every single time your surface a thunder clap goes off, even a split second between! 

Quetz in battle sounds terrible, and I miss the honk. 

11 minutes ago, Pyxistre12 said:

The argentavis has a loud hissing/screeching sound that goes off about every 10-15 seconds in flight, which isn't pleasant. To improve this, either reduce the frequency of sounds flyers make while in-flight, or tone down the argent hissing sound. 

I second this. They are slow on top of it, so you have to mute your volume during long flights.

Jat, a wonderful and blessed day to you and all! The only thing that really comes to mind is Dino walking sounds that are disproportionate to its size. An example would be the phiomia. When it walks it has always spooked me into thinking it was a Rex or a Carno. If you and team have the time perhaps a quick run through of the walking sounds may be prudent. Thank you for taking the time to read this and may God Bless you all! 

rex should be louder and more intimidating. like a tigerex from monster hunter.

giga should sound kingly. like a very loud roar when it spawns (like how dodorex is) and grunts at you as if you're grasshopper to it

quetz are too noisy while idle. I don't know how to fix it. it was great before the first time its audio got patched.

metal structures sounds too hollow. they should be heavy metal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

frogs should have a deeper croak.

large aquatics should make some sound. whales have whale noises so mosa should have deep resonating noises as well.

large dinos from rex onwards should have a much heavier footstep

its a dinosaur game so I don't expect creatures to be soft. they should be extremely loud xD

well I feel the roars like from rex and giga should carry more, you have to be standing right beside them to even hear the noise, th Carno noises are mostly good apart from How it squels like a little girl during some of its attacks, I dont like the fact that they make weird fly noises when their unconscious it makes me think titanomyra are around the place, and the new poop noises...a bit graphic aren't they? I have many nightmares...

16 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

I second this. They are slow on top of it, so you have to mute your volume during long flights.

I like it personally it reminds me of a hawk screeching

28 minutes ago, Pyxistre12 said:

The argentavis has a loud hissing/screeching sound that goes off about every 10-15 seconds in flight, which isn't pleasant. To improve this, either reduce the frequency of sounds flyers make while in-flight, or tone down the argent hissing sound. 

well might as well add my minor nitpicks to the list the dire wolf just sounds like a normal wolf it should sound much bigger and deeper after all its almost the size of a bloody horse. the carno didnt need to be changed its grumbling and hissing fit it well if you feel you have to change anything build on that perhaps modify some crocodile and komodo dragon sounds.. and my gripe with the argentavis is much the same as with the dire wolf it doesnt sound like a creature its size it sounds like a little peregrine falcon or an eagle not this massive bird bigger than an ultralight plane but most of all it doesnt sound like a vulture/condor its should sound raspy and over all kind of evil.

I agree that the big predators needs to sound more fearsome with more bass.

The quetz always sounds like it's dying and is mainly annoying to have around nowadays, i miss the cozy Honk honk honk!

I feel in general the footsteps have gotten a much harder sound like the dinos are made out of stone. I wish there were more different sound for when they walk on grass etc because to me it feels weird hearing rock hitting rock sounding footsteps when you are on a big grassy field.

I second the idea of making footstep sounds specific to the surface that is stepped on. I have been wanting this since the Equus came out: please fix the hoofbeats! It sounds like it is constantly stepping in ultra soft sand. I wanna hear the Equus' clip clop sounds like the Megaloceros. The other sounds to me are pretty great, but I agree about the Rex and Giga roars. I can't say anything about the Yutyrannis roar, they sounded fine last night while I was running from them.

Archived