Best Armour

SmokeyB

What Armour do you wear? Do you change it for different situations? Do you wear your best gear from drops? Do you wear a full 5 piece set or mix and match? 

What Armour is the best for day to day life in ark? 

My vote goes to ascendant ghille Armour, it's strong all the pieces are over 150+ Armour, it's got mad durability lasts ages, it's cheap super cheap, protects from the heat can roll round scorch with zero fortitude go lava cave no worries, it helps you passive tame, and reduces Dinos  aggro range, and makes it harder for players to see you and it looks cool too. I wear 4 piece ghille and a riot chest to protect against trolls, I swap it for a fur chest when going snow. 

For Primitive gear, I go Flak or occasionally TEK (though by then I've got better than Primitive gear).

For standard wear, I tend to wear high-quality Hide or Cloth. Since I'm typically on a dino, I'm not too concerned about high armor so the lightweight stuff is better IMO, and I like that both provide some pretty useful insulation stats. When I actually intend on going somewhere though, I tend to wear Flak or Riot.

2 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

For Primitive gear, I go Flak or occasionally TEK (though by then I've got better than Primitive gear).

For standard wear, I tend to wear high-quality Hide or Cloth. Since I'm typically on a dino, I'm not too concerned about high armor so the lightweight stuff is better IMO, and I like that both provide some pretty useful insulation stats. When I actually intend on going somewhere though, I tend to wear Flak or Riot.

Haha me too. All my friends scoff at jm+ hide and i love it!! Great armour to insulation ( i always rock fort) so most of the time i dont need fur. Swap out for some quality cloth, maybe a piece or two of upgraded flak if im in a tough cave on foot

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Haha me too. All my friends scoff at jm+ hide and i love it!! Great armour to insulation ( i always rock fort) so most of the time i dont need fur. Swap out for some quality cloth, maybe a piece or two of upgraded flak if im in a tough cave on foot

Yeah, I almost never wear Fur. I only toss it on in the Snow Cave. Otherwise, I just wear a mix of Journeyman and Mastercraft Hide, and I hardly even get Cold in the Winter Biome (50 Fortitude helps a lot). Now, in a cave I do tend to go full Flak, but that's because I have lower Health than some of my tribe members since I tend to invest heavily into Fortitude and Carry Weight, whereas they have more Health and Movement Speed. I try to avoid Riot if I can since it's heavy, but I wear it for boss battles. The only thing I really don't wear is Ghillie, even on Scorched Earth since Desert gives just a tad more armor and gives the Water consumption reduction, which I find to be fairly helpful even with high Fortitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised I'm not the only one running around in high quality Hide. One of my tribemates always gives me crap about it, he wears flak but dies way more often than I do and constantly complains about having to replace it.

The reason I got used to wearing Hide is a bit obscure though. Way back in the day before Scuba existed, the only armor that gave enough hypothermal protection for deep diving was Hide. I main spinos and spend a lot of time in the water doing things, so I basically only ever wore Hide. By the time Scuba came around I was so used to wearing it I just kept it, and still do. It's a good balance and cheap enough that I don't mind replacing it if I die and can't recover my body.

I'll wear other armor for specific tasks but day to day I still wear Hide most of the time. Right now I've got all Hide except for a Flak chest, but when it breaks I'll probably go back to Hide again.

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM, SmokeyB said:

What Armour do you wear? Do you change it for different situations? Do you wear your best gear from drops? Do you wear a full 5 piece set or mix and match? 

My vote goes to ascendant ghille Armour, it's strong all the pieces are over 150+ Armour, it's got mad durability lasts ages, it's cheap super cheap, protects from the heat can roll round scorch with zero fortitude go lava cave no worries, it helps you passive tame, and reduces Dinos  aggro range, and makes it harder for players to see you and it looks cool too. I wear 4 piece ghille and a riot chest to protect against trolls, I swap it for a fur chest when going snow. 

Realized you spelt armour correct! Love it

For PvP you want high durability ghillie because a player will do very little damage to you even with low armor as long as ur armor doesn't break and ghillie has the highest durability in the game. 

For fighting strong dinos you want good flak because a strong rex will kill you if your using low armor stuff like ghillie. 

On 5/19/2017 at 8:18 PM, SmokeyB said:

I do exactly the same. High armor and at least 900 durability ghillie and one riot piece. I'd recommend to swap the riot chest piece for gauntlets or boots though. You are most likely to get hit it the chest by sniper so that shouldn't be your weakest point. Wearing riot gauntlets still protects you from clubs and you can have a really good ghillie chest piece.

SE or the island I wear the desert gear. I like how it looks. The water use reduction does not seem to work on the island though. If I am going into a cave, ghillie. I only use high quality gear if I have the BP to replace it. Just don't see the point of losing something that was really nice to a glitch like my body falling through the floor.

General day to day on the island is a mix of ascendant ghille/riot comfy, quiet, and tough. My toons run with a generally high fortitude so I dress more for style at this point lol. 

SE I run ascendant ghillie and desert gear for the thermal regulation. 

I always have decent weapons and items on me so I dont want to risk losing them so another reason for the high armor, cause you never know when ARK happens. I do have the BP's to replace anything I lose though to.

37 minutes ago, Leviathon121 said:

I wish I could find MC cloth BP :Jerbcry:

I found a MC Hide Hat BP the other day and was shocked!

Archived