Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

22 hours ago, ItsCap said:

Nerfing of Dino's only brings the good Dino's down it doesn't change the lower teir Dino's much like after the flier nerf people still rode fliers to get from place to place but would try out some other Dino's to experiment. Personally I think Dino's should be buffed like the terror bird, pachy, diplo, and other Dino's that are just decor or tamed for kibble really need a buff the nerfing won't change any of these. There are also some mechanics in the game that shouldn't be possible like the eels can knock a player off of a mosa or plesi that really shouldn't be possible like these high end Dino's take ours to tame but a raptoring eel can knock a player off and possibly kill them. WC needs to buff the useless Dino's to put them in a good place first so before thinking about any nerfs . 

ever stopped to think about the fact that it wasnt the weakness of land dinos that was a problem but the power of fliers? just because 1 tier is op doenst mean they should all become OP. 

there should be healthy balance between all the dino tiers AND dinos vs players. or in the end players themselves become useless.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

ever stopped to think about the fact that it wasnt the weakness of land dinos that was a problem but the power of fliers? just because 1 tier is op doenst mean they should all become OP. 

there should be healthy balance between all the dino tiers AND dinos vs players. or in the end players themselves become useless.

All Dino's should be on the same playing field and have a specific role wether it is the the air on land or under the sea they should all be good at something. Also the game is still in early access WC can do whatever they want to the game putting every Dino to use would be a good idea

21 minutes ago, ItsCap said:

All Dino's should be on the same playing field and have a specific role wether it is the the air on land or under the sea they should all be good at something. Also the game is still in early access WC can do whatever they want to the game putting every Dino to use would be a good idea

and the nerf did just that. ^^

I wouldn't mind a no-tame Giga, or as has been suggested, make it akin to the titanosaur like maybe time limit the tame. Instead of starving to death though they could use the rage meter. Have it build up over time and after taking too much damage. When the rage maxes out it untames and goes berserk! After that you either have to kill it, retame it or get out of the area.

and I also agree there are some dinos that need a use or role that just isn't there today. Parasaurs and pachy's come to mind. Maybe give parasaurs improved swimming to serve more of an amphibious use or let pachys damage doors/gates no matter the material used? If you have a big enough tribe a diplo MIGHT serve a purpose but today  just a kibble farm.

Carno's are just sort of a stepping stone with no stand out traits imho. Raptors can at least traverse a cave and jump. allos have their pack boost. Carnotaurus just feels like Rex junior.

On 5/5/2017 at 10:15 AM, Lockjaw said:

They would need to get the kibble tree out of the way first, but otherwise I think that that's a good idea.

Then why complain? They already created a game mode specifically for your preferred play style. And it's wild dinos who are underpowered, not the other way around. A human should not even be comparable to a dinosaur, regardless of armor or weaponry. You could just as easily say that armor and weapons are crutches because they make you stronger than someone in their underwear.

Armor is something you make by hands and have to actively usem flyers arentm get on one fly up, pick, drop, repreat. Barrel roll, run repeat 

You shouldnt need rpgs to kill a rex is what im saying.

46 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

Armor is something you make by hands and have to actively usem flyers arentm get on one fly up, pick, drop, repreat. Barrel roll, run repeat 

You shouldnt need rpgs to kill a rex is what im saying.

and I thought the flyer nerf was dumb until I heard this poop lmao get outtta here. wanna kill a tame how bout u tame another tame that can fight it.

You know it will be a nerf to bronto health and stamina, nerf to turtle health, nerf to giga melee and speed, nerf to rex so you can't beat the boss, nerf to frog so you can't beat swamp cave, nerf to tamed therizino gathering and melee but not wild. Would love to see temporary tame giga like the titano, just to hear all the giga breeders complaints, 

I cant wait till they nerf player move speed to 100% and you can't even out run a dilo

On Friday, May 05, 2017 at 10:26 AM, SirLohengrin said:

I wouldn't mind a no-tame Giga, or as has been suggested, make it akin to the titanosaur like maybe time limit the tame. Instead of starving to death though they could use the rage meter. Have it build up over time and after taking too much damage. When the rage maxes out it untames and goes berserk! After that you either have to kill it, retame it or get out of the area.

I actually like this idea!

On 5/3/2017 at 7:16 AM, YUSHOETMI said:

The Theri is massively OP atm, yeah their taming process is a pain but once you have one they're just insane.  Having a base damage higher than a rex is just silly.  I have two of these buggers and honestly i've have far too much fiber on my base and not needed to take out the giga for a meat run in ages as the theri does a better job.

Don't get me wrong I love them, and they collect almost everything in bulk, but they're OP.

Please at least know what you're talking about, look up base values for dmg. Theri is slightly lower than rex, the reason the theri does a better job is because the current harvesting bonus values they get that no other dino does as it does stack with their melee for harvesting. I think Theriz should be left alone, far harder to tame then a rex and I'm ok with that because those that go through the effort get the benefit of their utility.

at this point buffing old creatures is far better than nurfing new ones, The Basilo isnt terribly op (it was when i first release healing 300 hp a second on the surface) but now its just a damage sponge on par with the plesio, the security of stun immunity is what makes it a must pick over the faster plesio and the stronger mosa.

8 hours ago, Ballmann said:

Humans arn't known as the fastest sprinters around so from a realistic point of view most animals should be faster then a human. But its funny if u see someone out running a rex.

and Rexs aren't sprinters either. (and btw, I can outrun almost any dino, including alphas, except alpha rex)

On 5/2/2017 at 5:09 PM, PuffyPony said:

Their HP is probably fine, they need a damage nerf. Currently, they hit hard, run extremely fast, and carry a large amount of weight. Being battle-competent isn't bad, but they hit as hard as a Rex

PvP wise I don't see many bears in battle (probably due to picking) but they do amazing damage PvE

If Rexes could go into caves then the Rex would dominate pretty much everything bar the ocean.

I've never tried a Bear Run on the Bosses yet.

9 hours ago, Velarius said:

Please at least know what you're talking about, look up base values for dmg. Theri is slightly lower than rex, the reason the theri does a better job is because the current harvesting bonus values they get that no other dino does as it does stack with their melee for harvesting. I think Theriz should be left alone, far harder to tame then a rex and I'm ok with that because those that go through the effort get the benefit of their utility.

When the theri was first released it had almost 20 points higher than the rex in base damage (according to the wiki). If it's been slightly reduced since then, my bad, it still shouldn't have damage comparable to the rex. 

How are they okay? I can do one run around the immediate vicinity of my base and come back 5 mins later with enough fiber to fill 5 vaults. My meat theri collects more meat per swipe than a giga, seriously I can fill the max 300 stacks in minutes. 

I love the theri, I'm not saying it needs massively nerfing but it does need bring down a peg or two 

On 5/3/2017 at 3:09 AM, PuffyPony said:

Their HP is probably fine, they need a damage nerf. Currently, they hit hard, run extremely fast, and carry a large amount of weight. Being battle-competent isn't bad, but they hit as hard as a Rex

With introduction of pigs bear are somewhat overshadowed now, especially if/when they fix Daeodon's omnivorousness (it currently doesn't eat berries but can collect them from some sources like swamp bushes).

Bears cant jump, have half HP of Thylo and Daeodon and any hit or obstacle will reset its running momentum.

Archived