For the people that think devs don't care. Hint

Volcano637

4 hours ago, Cloud24 said:

How is this thread not locked yet?  

Its not helpful in anyway... its kinda just trying to stir up some hateful comments..

P.s this is a forum for a game in PREVIEW... people are suppose to complain...

Well thank you for using your right to complain on my thread. Hopefully you feel better now that you got it out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

The fact that hey haven't finished this game after a year of being in early access is absurd.

Making dramatic changes is unacceptable.

We paid for access to to this game, we deserve excellent customer support.

The devs dont care about their customers.

And if you agree with any of the above, you need to get your morals in check, because you are very much part of what makes me upset about gamers these days.

What other game developers made as much progress, in leaps and bounds, as wildcard did in just a single year of public release??

What the hell did you expect when buying a game that wasn't finished?

What do you expect from a game that requires no monthly fee?

How do you expect them to continue making sales? (and you better believe they still do)

The entitlement of this age of gamers is astounding. Maybe Im getting old, but back in my day, if we didn't like a game, we just didn't play it. 

Now imagine a world where you wait for years for the next in a series of some big title, only for it to end up in your hands as something completely different than you expected. Today, you have the advantage of being able to investigate what a game is going to be like, from a large magnitude of sources. You have the advantage of playing it early, and helping shape the game into something great in the end. Your opinions matter, but your attitudes make you look like a greedy child.

I support the OP here. This reply is not directed at anyone on this thread, but at the masses who cry and complain over something equivalent to a stubbed toe.... 

Love Ark and play it, or hate it and leave it. It is really that simple.

Can you imagine if we told Capcom to change street fighter because we wanted them to? The laughing that would go on.

and really the whole entitlement thing is way out of hand. If there were forums like this back in the 80's people would say whatever they wanted cussing or not cussing. There wouldn't even have been any mods.

the internet came along too late.

23 hours ago, spacejam said:

you paid maybe a total of $30 for this game. If you have played more than 30 hours you've got your money back. $1 an hr for entertainment seems like a bargain

Agree 100%. I've gotten far more enjoyment out of this 30$, UNFINISHED game than most of, if not all finished 60$-90$ games I've played. You'll always see people complaining about how much Ark sucks, then find out they've got like 30 trillion hours in the game.:P

I'm sort of confused about this thread but correct me if I'm wrong all I got was if you pay £30 for a game and play 30 hours you got your moneys worth...The only problem with that is what if you didn't enjoy those 30 hours did you get your moneys worth then? To me that doesn't work, time played isn't a representation of how much you paid for a game, on the note of the post title the devs probably do care for the community but they also have to care about the profit they make to sustain themselves as a company (I'm no business expert, please don't roast me if I'm wrong lol)...

6 hours ago, BlueSpino17 said:

I'm sort of confused about this thread but correct me if I'm wrong all I got was if you pay £30 for a game and play 30 hours you got your moneys worth...The only problem with that is what if you didn't enjoy those 30 hours did you get your moneys worth then? To me that doesn't work, time played isn't a representation of how much you paid for a game, on the note of the post title the devs probably do care for the community but they also have to care about the profit they make to sustain themselves as a company (I'm no business expert, please don't roast me if I'm wrong lol)...

that statement is pretty stupid sorry, you don't play a game for 30hrs if you don't enjoy it. In the case you would know within a few hours if you like or do not like it.  Or you can go pay 80-90 for any full release game and only play it for 20hrs

• Volunteer Moderator
44 minutes ago, spacejam said:

that statement is pretty stupid sorry, you don't play a game for 30hrs if you don't enjoy it. In the case you would know within a few hours if you like or do not like it.  Or you can go pay 80-90 for any full release game and only play it for 20hrs

This. Unless you're a masochist (something which general society deems deviant and "not normal") then there's no sane reason for a person to go and spend 30 hours playing a game they did not like, much less 2000 some odd hours.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:41 PM, Volcano637 said:

If you really think the devs don't care because they don't give you what they want, hey that's cool.

if you really think they devs don't care because they nerfed the fliers, hey that's cool.

but when I hear about people saying they spent all of that time away from their wives, kids, family and friends just so they could breed and raise a Dino(aka pixels) I didn't really hear anybody say they didn't care then.

they run a business hear guys. Yes customer service is customer service, but do you still pay them a monthly fee? No. 

As far as if they care or not, I am sure they do to an extent. I will still stick by them. But it's when people think that what they want should automatically happen, that's when I laugh. No players time is worth that much. I mean come on they are playing video games. The time can't be worth that much.

anyways, the devs are working hard, you aren't working at all. Hopefully that can sink through to people 

I have a question for you. I don't mean to offend or anything like that. I was just wondering if you are bi-polar? Your mood seems to be up and down a lot. I was just wondering cause I usually read a lot of your posts.

11 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

I have a question for you. I don't mean to offend or anything like that. I was just wondering if you are bi-polar? Your mood seems to be up and down a lot. I was just wondering cause I usually read a lot of your posts.

No offense taken. To enlighten you I am not bipolar. What might seem like mood swings are actually just one of two things.

the main reason is it really depends on who I am talking to. There are a few on here that can get me riled up when they start picking on other members of the community. Billing on this forum is at an all time high. I have even been nice to some anti nerf people even though I am pro nerf because they gave feedback on a constructive and respectful manner. 

Now when I see people just throwing around insults it's not really a mood swing. It is more of a reaction to an action. I am very reactive.

other thing that can make me change tones is the topic at hand. Some topics I am more passionate about while others I am not. I have been mown to have anger issues but that's still just being reactive.

hopefully I answered you question well enough for you to understand 

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

No offense taken. To enlighten you I am not bipolar. What might seem like mood swings are actually just one of two things.

the main reason is it really depends on who I am talking to. There are a few on here that can get me riled up when they start picking on other members of the community. Billing on this forum is at an all time high. I have even been nice to some anti nerf people even though I am pro nerf because they gave feedback on a constructive and respectful manner. 

Now when I see people just throwing around insults it's not really a mood swing. It is more of a reaction to an action. I am very reactive.

other thing that can make me change tones is the topic at hand. Some topics I am more passionate about while others I am not. I have been mown to have anger issues but that's still just being reactive.

hopefully I answered you question well enough for you to understand 

Yep you did... I generally agree with you on most things and typically dislike the same people as you. I just noticed your mood swings a few times is all. Anyways, have a great night!

Just now, Z0mbie said:

Yep you did... I generally agree with you on most things and typically dislike the same people as you. I just noticed your mood swings a few times is all. Anyways, have a great night!

And to you too as well. Plus my wife might have gotten me in a bad mood before I got onto the forums. Rare but it has happened lol

I don't like the flier nerf, but can deal with it. My biggest issue is how they keep adding more and more content in these updates, when they should be fixing some of the major bugs. Lots of these bugs have been around since day 1. I'll admit, the game's gotten better and I do like the content they add, but new content is meaningless if your game constantly crashes, the cool new dino you just tamed gets stuck in the ground, you get suck in the ground or fall through it, etc.

On 5/1/2017 at 9:35 PM, Shaboodles said:

First and foremost, I didn't spend $80 on a broken ass game, in fact, the most broken game I've ever bought in my entire life. That poop is unacceptable and can't hide behind being forever a beta game. You'd think a developer with a player base of over 10 million people would have solutions to very simple problems. I enjoy these update, but come theraptor on, fix the goddamn game.

The most broken ass game you ever played, but you're still playing it? What was the second most broken ass game you ever played? Do you still play that one?

The game is not to BETA stage yet. It's ALPHA stage.

On May 3, 2017 at 3:27 PM, ciabattaroll said:

This. Unless you're a masochist (something which general society deems deviant and "not normal") then there's no sane reason for a person to go and spend 30 hours playing a game they did not like, much less 2000 some odd hours.

Potential, sir is the reason.  The potential of the game is what keeps people interested for short term.  Snarky as usual, nice to see ya.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:11 AM, BlueSpino17 said:

... why would you spend 30 hours doing something you didn't enjoy? o.O

Archived