This is what Wildcard thinks of your disapproval of them ruining your flyers.

AndrewLB

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TranqRex said:

I mean apart from all the incredible racism/sexism/etc that we've put behind us of course, but I'm sure I can remember people being able to identify an attempt at humour! Plus everyone had the best clothes/hair, naturally :D

Lol i'm not sure i want to remember the 80's clothes and hair stylez!

10 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I mean apart from all the incredible racism/sexism/etc that we've put behind us of course, but I'm sure I can remember people being able to identify an attempt at humour! Plus everyone had the best clothes/hair, naturally :D

Do I remember correctly, that in the 80's we had those broad shoulders in the jackets and the hair style like Modern Talking?:ph34r::SO.o

Then I don't want to remember anymore:P

8 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Lol i'm not sure i want to remember the 80's clothes and hair stylez!

Don't forget the facial hair:

6 minutes ago, magictina1970 said:

Do I remember correctly, that in the 80's we had those broad shoulders in the jackets and the hair style like Modern Talking?:ph34r::SO.o

Sounds about right! Plus he ^^ was every woman's ideal man back then ;)

For some reason the image isn't working for me, so here: http://www.liketotally80s.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/magnum-pi-costume-3.jpg

16 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

They give a far better indicator into what people think than any evidence you can provide. In fact, all three official servers im on, i have yet to hear a single person say this nerf was good. If supporters do actually exist, they must be spending all their time on the forums defending this bullsh*t.

/edit

And there is nothing harder about the game now that flyers are ruined. All its done is made every task far more time consuming and annoying. My allies and I have beat every boss at ever difficulty except for the dragon. which we will be beating on hard tomorrow. So dont try and lecture me on difficulty. You're probably still having a hard time taming a raptor.

Did you beat any of those bosses with flyers tho? *Drops Mic*

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mitty312 said:

just saying how crooked this is my post was deleted by wc  about the nerf no profanity or even forceful words were in the post they are deleteing ppls  views on the nerf so before you go saying how great the nerf was  just sit there and think about how the company  covers up their costumers views on it

Are you sure it got deleted instead of just being merged into one of the other threads about the flyer rebalancing?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Mitty312 said:

lol scartch that i found it it got merged but still i started my own post they should not do that to ppls posts like i said they are just trying to dig themselves out of the hole the jumped head first into

So you think it's totally fine for who knows however many threads pertaining to the same topic to drown out topics trying to discuss other things? That's some pretty stinkin' thinkin'.

Like any great game creativity has gotten the better of the developers just like clash of clans.

Dont think anyone would have been overly upset with a drop in speed  but the amount of stamina loss is horendious and excessive.

Would I recommend the game well not at the moment.  

Which is the crunch.  I've already paid for the game "X 3" so I doubt anyone cares that I'm pretty miffed as are my children.

The amount of effort and hours to actually get to a point where your fliers are actually useful and you can progress to the next level of gaming has essentially been wasted.

The question being do I want to spend more hours, days, weeks working hard to overcome the flier nerf.

Do I want to again be disadvantaged by the next nerf.

So at the moment I wouldn't recommend the game or encourage people to play.  

Surviving the game is one thing.  Surviving the developers is another!

2 hours ago, FITH said:

Like any great game creativity has gotten the better of the developers just like clash of clans.

Dont think anyone would have been overly upset with a drop in speed  but the amount of stamina loss is horendious and excessive.

Would I recommend the game well not at the moment.  

Which is the crunch.  I've already paid for the game "X 3" so I doubt anyone cares that I'm pretty miffed as are my children.

The amount of effort and hours to actually get to a point where your fliers are actually useful and you can progress to the next level of gaming has essentially been wasted.

The question being do I want to spend more hours, days, weeks working hard to overcome the flier nerf.

Do I want to again be disadvantaged by the next nerf.

So at the moment I wouldn't recommend the game or encourage people to play.  

Surviving the game is one thing.  Surviving the developers is another!

I certainly understand the feelings of hard core breeders.  On the other hand we all knew that the serious balancing phase of development was about to begin.  You had to realize that those changes would strongly affect your breeding stock and the value of the stats you've been breeding for.  It's quite possible that new game mechanics that have yet to be introduced (example: the cloning chamber) may strongly affect what you are doing and how you are doing it as well.

If you didn't think about that aspect before, perhaps the timing on this is actually a good thing.  Now at least you are prepared to expect the unexpected from this point forward as more balancing passes and additions are made.  Some will likely be beneficial, others not so much.

Don't get bummed out by this, even in the flyer nerf there are upsides for breeders.  The speed levels that were previously wasted (unused completely) on flyers are now going to be applied to stats that actually improve your future stock.  That means that for a 150 flyer that you tame now you will get a lot more bang for your buck in stats that actually help the creature, instead of just 20 or 30 levels simply being throw away as they were before.

It's something to consider.

18 hours ago, magictina1970 said:

Be careful, those hair styles might be added in Ark soon Hahahaha. 

Disclaimer: This is a joke and there is no evidence that 80's hair styles will or will not be added to Ark. 

9 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

Be careful, those hair styles might be added in Ark soon Hahahaha. 

Disclaimer: This is a joke and there is no evidence that 80's hair styles will or will not be added to Ark. 

I "believe" that the 70's were even better, but to be perfectly honest most of the 70's are a blur to me.

I guess that an indication that they were.  O.o

Well after a few play sessions I can say this nerf is definitely gonna make  me play less. The stamina is the main issue but the speed also hurts. It just took me like a half hour to fly my tap to herbivore and back from hidden lake to look for a unicorn. After that haul I just logged off. I play pve on a dedicated I run. I don't see why I can't just void these changes. I had to land like 6 times or so and my bird is 150% slower so it just feels like such a chore to get around. It is what it is though. I get why they did it and I have plenty of other games to play so whatever. I don't understand why server owners can't just revert back though. I got my moneys worth out of this game as far as I'm concerned and  my play time has been dwindling even before this but I feel like this is the breaking point for me. 

9 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Well after a few play sessions I can say this nerf is definitely gonna make  me play less. The stamina is the main issue but the speed also hurts. It just took me like a half hour to fly my tap to herbivore and back from hidden lake to look for a unicorn. After that haul I just logged off. I play pve on a dedicated I run. I don't see why I can't just void these changes. I had to land like 6 times or so and my bird is 150% slower so it just feels like such a chore to get around. It is what it is though. I get why they did it and I have plenty of other games to play so whatever. I don't understand why server owners can't just revert back though. I got my moneys worth out of this game as far as I'm concerned and  my play time has been dwindling even before this but I feel like this is the breaking point for me. 

Ricky, I realize the change has prompted your reaction, but you just encapsulated one of the bigger reasons for the nerf.  You are taken aback by the fact that it takes you 1/2 hour to make a casual trip from one edge of the entire game world to another... and back again.  Meaning prior to the nerf the game world was significantly smaller even than that.

Take a step back and think about that.  

Wouldn't it make more sense, and be a more challenging and enjoyable experience, if you actually had to plan an expedition to the other side of the world?  Perhaps put a outpost down near an area of interest to you if you intend to visit it occasionally?  Do you really think a well designed game would encourage making it a trivial activity to blip past every last bit of content the game world had to offer?

Just something to consider... perhaps give it a few days to acclimatize yourself to the new meta.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

Ricky, I realize the change has prompted your reaction, but you just encapsulated one of the bigger reasons for the nerf.  You are taken aback by the fact that it takes you 1/2 hour to make a casual trip from one edge of the entire game world to another... and back again.  Meaning prior to the nerf the game world was significantly smaller even than that.

Take a step back and think about that.  

Wouldn't it make more sense, and be a more challenging and enjoyable experience, if you actually had to plan an expedition to the other side of the world?  Perhaps put a outpost down near an area of interest to you if you intend to visit it occasionally?  Do you really think a well designed game would encourage making it a trivial activity to blip past every last bit of content the game world had to offer?

Just something to consider... perhaps give it a few days to acclimatize yourself to the new meta.

There's no challenge in it though. It's just land more often, wait longer than before, take off, repeat. It's just more of a time sink and I think we can all agree this game had enough of that. I don't need time to acclimate to it. Like I said it is what it is. It literally is just cutting into time where I could be doing something that is more fun. The world isn't any bigger. It's the same small map but they are just cutting our knees off for the most part. I couldn't even imagine playing on the center at this point and living in the redwoods. Yikes. Like I said I'm ok with it. I get why they did it and I also realize people will tell me I'm not up to the challenge. Even though no challenge is involved here. It's just a waiting game. 

At first I didn't think it was a bother. I just put my refunded points  into weight and said I would deal with it. The more I played  the more bored I got with the current state of the game though. Why would I want to spend 30 minutes flying, landing, waiting, flying , landing, waiting when I could be spending 30 minutes playing breath of the wild or horizon zero dawn?  Before I could get around the map quickly scouting for tames and that was fun to me. It's not fun in its current state. It's not the game I sank hundreds of hours into anymore. 

And as it pertains to this thread Jat was right even though it was a joke. My favorite bird in this game is now an ornament. 

To each their own, I wish you well.

But I am a little confused at your choices since you don't care for travel time.

Horizon takes about 20 minutes to cross the map non-stop... 1 way.

Breath of the Wild takes an average of 30 minutes to cross the map.... 1 way.

At least Horizon has vehicles of a sort and fast travel points once they become available, then again, ARK has teleport pads you can eventually place where ever you wish for instantaneous travel... so there's that.

Just some things to consider.

Archived