So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

The Island 

Well after a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions day at work it was nice to chill out for a bit and do some prep for out upcoming attempt at the Tek Cave. Found out today that I didnt get the job I was interviewed for which was a bit gutting but not long after that found out that I made it to interview for a job thats come up at my current work, it would be a bit of a dream to get that. 

Started of by grinding out more essential materials that we will probably need. Basically this means metal, so I farmed my usual spots of blue obelisk and obsidian mountain. Then went on a swamp cave run with my cave crew to farm up cementing paste, could be useful for tek cave prep but I am also wanting to craft up a few more asc chainsaws potential to trade since a few folk seem to want in on that bp. The trip to the cave went well, only one direct hit from an arthropleura and my gas mask held up. Loot wasnt wonderful apart from an ascendant allo saddle bp (150 armour) which I think we have been desperate for now for ages. Materials arnt too bad, fiber is always a joke, metal is only about 1.5k a pop but as usually the hide is the killer about 15k per saddle.

Did a trade with one of the new guys we are allied with. He was desperate for a rock drake egg, so I traded him one of my many 175 eggs for a freshly tamed 233 tek rex. Not sure how much use itll be especially next to our boss grade rexes,  but I have never had a high level tek rex before and I am literraly made of rock drake eggs so hey. 

Finished up with a bit more tek cave prep, crafting up masses of polymer, electronics (probably more useful for chainsaws) and also some tranq darts for pheromone darts. Been collecting ammonite bile for the darts on a few of my recent ocean trips on my basil, might be useful in the cave especially when it comes to distracting the giga(s) and will craft those right before the attempt since apparently pheromone darts in fridges isnt a thing.

Also @d1nk thanks for cryoing my boss squad :) been meaning to do that and couldnt work out why I couldn't find them earlier ?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Island 

Well after a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions day at work it was nice to chill out for a bit and do some prep for out upcoming attempt at the Tek Cave. Found out today that I didnt get the job I was interviewed for which was a bit gutting but not long after that found out that I made it to interview for a job thats come up at my current work, it would be a bit of a dream to get that. 

Started of by grinding out more essential materials that we will probably need. Basically this means metal, so I farmed my usual spots of blue obelisk and obsidian mountain. Then went on a swamp cave run with my cave crew to farm up cementing paste, could be useful for tek cave prep but I am also wanting to craft up a few more asc chainsaws potential to trade since a few folk seem to want in on that bp. The trip to the cave went well, only one direct hit from an arthropleura and my gas mask held up. Loot wasnt wonderful apart from an ascendant allo saddle bp (150 armour) which I think we have been desperate for now for ages. Materials arnt too bad, fiber is always a joke, metal is only about 1.5k a pop but as usually the hide is the killer about 15k per saddle.

Did a trade with one of the new guys we are allied with. He was desperate for a rock drake egg, so I traded him one of my many 175 eggs for a freshly tamed 233 tek rex. Not sure how much use itll be especially next to our boss grade rexes,  but I have never had a high level tek rex before and I am literraly made of rock drake eggs so hey. 

Finished up with a bit more tek cave prep, crafting up masses of polymer, electronics (probably more useful for chainsaws) and also some tranq darts for pheromone darts. Been collecting ammonite bile for the darts on a few of my recent ocean trips on my basil, might be useful in the cave especially when it comes to distracting the giga(s) and will craft those right before the attempt since apparently pheromone darts in fridges isnt a thing.

Also @d1nk thanks for cryoing my boss squad :) been meaning to do that and couldnt work out why I couldn't find them earlier ?

Holy crap, allo saddle bp?? Nice. You know how many times ive run that cave and never seen one. Was doubting their existance actually haha. Woohoo.

2 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Almost lost a 97% imprint giga on extinction. Had just thrown out some wyvs that im raising and then mounted up to go look for red/purple drops. Found a purple right as i left the city on my wyv and called it out to alliance members to clear it with me.

Normally it takes a while to find a good drop when others are also looking for them. So in my haste I threw out my giga to get it ready and completely forgot my timer was still active from the wyvs. 

I had no weapons, just a fully charged set of tek armor. Sure enough a theri aggroed my sick giga so i had no option but to fist fight it XD. After dodging, jetpacking and getting in shots where i could I finally landed the kill blow with a tek power punch. I got mauled pretty bad in the process but saved my giga and cleared the purple drop with alliance members and scored a nice 115 armor daodon saddle bp :)

Did something similiar not long ago. Me and d1nk went to explore the badlands to the north, the place full of corrupted gigas and wyverns. We deployed gigas in the outskirts of the danger zone but I forgot I still had the cryosickness and deployed my giga unconscious. D1nk had to fend off corrupted wyverns and gigas while I sat helplessly looking on. Thankfully the giga survived.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

Holy crap, allo saddle bp?? Nice. You know how many times ive run that cave and never seen one. Was doubting their existance actually haha. Woohoo.

I know right ? Soon as I saw it I thought d1nks gonna love this. Its on my bp bookcase on the island 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Island 

GOOD Luck!!!!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Ate my fully mutated argent egg...s. yep all  4 of them in quick succession one after the other because I wasn't paying attention as mother in law asked me a question. FML...

Insert Homer Simpson  "Do'h!"  here. 

Man that sucks ... I've eaten too many eggs over the years, I lost count. 

• Sad 1

PS4 - Ragnarok - Crazy Boosted German Server

Long day of work, so got on much later than usual. But was pleased to see that my new friend on the server was also on. I asked if he would be willing to craft me a transmitter if I provided materials.  Once again he did it for free, and anticipating he would, I brought a high level Quetz and platform saddle as a gift. I had first offered him a max level perfect tame male rex, that I had tamed earlier. But he already has a line, and said he didn't need more Rexes.

He gave me the transmitter and a thousand element!

After I returned to base, I realized, oh crap, I don't have the Transmitter Engram unlocked, because I haven't done the boss runs on this server, because of my refusal to mess with the desert parkor maze to get those artifacts.  But while doing some research, it turns out that this server unlocks those TEK engrams at various levels, even without the boss battles!

So after gathering the resources (had to farm the Lobsters in Viking Bay)  I went to the Blue OB, and crafted up a Tek Replicator of my own.  On my way back to my base, I cruised past the Admin's base. I've never seen the Admin on the server, but last night, when I got near the base, I could see that things had changed. Someone had "raided" the base. Meaning the timer had run out, and someone demolished walls, and ransacked the base. I also noticed that all of the Admin dinos were now standing there in the name of the kid that I had mentioned in a previous post. This kid must now have 30-40 Gigas as well as Wyverns on the server. He has to be near the 250 dino limit, as he has huge bases and dinos all over the map.

But the fact that the admin has been offline so long that his base could be demolished, leads me to believe this server isn't going to be around forever. So I need to continue my habit of uploading any good BP, item or dino to at least keep for my Single Player game.

Returning to my base, I realized that I really don't have room for the replicator in the base, and since you cannot lock the replicators on this server, I need to fully enclose it.

So I set out to find a spot near my base, that also wasn't totally obvious that it contained a tek replicator.   I found a spot within render of my base, and set about to built this "hidden" building. I built it in metal, painted it black, then built an ugly looking stone thing on top of it. Hopefully those passing by will just see a bridge like structure, and not take too hard of a look. 

Got the replicator installed, and crafted up a Tek suit, as well as some Tek doors for the interior of the base. ( I really love not having to shut doors behind myself). 

I then moved all the left over resources to a locked vault next to the Replicator.  With the generous 1000 element given to me by my server friend. I am set for a while, but was worried that I would have to beg him, or exchange something in the future for more element since I don't run the bosses.  But then I realized that I can make element with dust!

So my plan tonight is to tame up a couple tek Parasaurs or Tek Raptors. Then breed them, and farm their babies for element dust.  In the past, I normally leave Tek dinos alone, because I like seeing them in the landscape. But from now on, I will be farming every tek creature I don't want to tame!  All the element dust will be mine! (insert evil laugh)

I fully understand that this server presents me with a workaround to Tek, without doing bosses. But I want to enjoy my time on ARK, and messing with the artifact collection is NOT fun to me, so I will make my base fully TEK, and enjoy every minute of it.  All the while keeping in mind that I might log on tomorrow, to find the server shut down.

P.S.  I got 2 ASC Yuty saddle BPs last night, so those are going straight to my SP game.

• Like 4

Official Ragnarok ORP

#1 #2 #3 #4

It's quite nice to be able to write again! D, M, and I have all been very busy building ourselves up. So busy, in fact, I simply forgot (and even when I remembered, D often would whip the papers out my hand...) to write down what has been going on!

Well, we've been settling in well to our new base in the desert. Stone is in abundance, but wood is a little hard, so we often make trips to the redwoods when we need to craft large amounts of building materials. Thinking of finding a strong wyvern suitable for carrying large amounts of materials back home, so we have some in stock rather than having to always run to make it immediately...

Oh yeah, we have wyverns! I absolutely adore the lightning ones. Such majestic animals. Of course, recently the ARKs underwent a shift that caused animals to show vibrant, unnatural colors, and of course both D and M managed to get MULTIPLE of these strangely colored animals in the form of wyverns, while I found... none. I suppose I shouldn't be too salty. D did hatch a specially-colored poison egg that turned out to be triplets, and did give me one...

It hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows, of course. We had a falling out with an ally - always a sad event. We also lost my scarlet and gold griffin who I had jokingly called Sandwich Sauce since he looked like ketchup and mustard, almost. I still miss the fellow... Trenchcoat and Godspeed are both wonderful griffins though, and their perseverance speaks to their ability.

We've also turned into somewhat of a baby factory, it seems. We've had everything from snow owls and velonasaurs to compies and dimorphodons cooking up! I started looking more in-depth into kibbles as well. 

We really have a lot of options we could tackle now. Mostly, though, we are focusing on base defense and stocking our storage.

Oh, and D says the graveyard idea... is never gonna work. So unfortunately I will have to forego it this time but I hope all the pets that make my journey on this ARK easier understand... 

• Like 1

Jumped on for an hour last night. Went to The Island and did a few hide runs. Got about 40k hide and made 2x Allo saddles and 1x rex saddles (15k hide per allo x.x) Also spoke to another person coming along tek cave.. they planned on not bringing any dinos.. so were supposed to supply and risk it all? Nah. I suggested they raise some rexs and they agreed. I told him he can use our rex saddle bp if needed and tried to get a trade going for one of his Tuso babies but he was being stingy so I left it alone :P 

Hopefully I can get on Friday night and do a bit more prep. Got the day booked for the tek cave, wife doesnt like it but oh well haha :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PS4 - Ragnarok - Unofficial

Logged in last night, and did another round of breeding my event colored thylas. Trying to get an all Pink one, to go with the all Cyan, and the all Neon Green.  Also trying for an all black.  In the meantime, don't mind some new combos of the colors either.

I then followed up on my plan of farming more element dust from Tek dinos.  Will as is the way of ARK; I flew around about 75% of the map, and only found 1 TEK dino!  Thankfully it was a male to pair with my Tek Parasaur "Siren".  So while I was taming the newly named "Sect Robot" I noticed a small base not far away.  I went over to investigate, and the entire base and dinos were no longer protected due to inactivity. So while checking the base for usable loot,  I found a wood storage cabinet in the middle of about 25 others, that had thosands of Gas, Element Dust, Shards and Element!  Holy crap!  The rest of the stuff was mediocre, and the dinos were all low level.  It also had a ASC BP for Raptor, and MC BP for Flak boots.  That was the one clothing I did not have anything better than JM BP. In fact, this MC BP had better armor than any of my other boot BPs!

I then continued looking for more TEK dinos, and eventually found myself in the desert area. While looking for Thylas, I came across something that looked like it might be a cave. Turns out it was the entrance to a HUGE cave filled with crystal. The behemoth gate blocking my entry was abandoned, and thus breakable, and inside I found a small primative base and some dinos. Everything was claimable or breakable, so I began clearing the area, and used my own Behemoth gates to secure the entrances.

tonight/this weekend I am going to construct a brand new base in this cave, and move  the vast majority of my dinos, supplies here.  Better secured, way less visibility, and plenty of room.  I am really excited for this change.   But I have a lot of work ahead of me. I will need to get going on grinding out metal and tek building parts.

Upon returning to my upper hidana base, I cryo'd and uploaded some dinos, cryo'd and stored others. And called it a night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

they planned on not bringing any dinos.. so were supposed to supply and risk it all?

This should be interesting :D

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Hopefully I can get on Friday night and do a bit more prep. Got the day booked for the tek cave, wife doesnt like it but oh well haha :P 

Bet you were popular ? Dont have a partner to work round but still got to negotiate with the parents.... for the love of God someone just give me a decent job so I can move out again.....

• Haha 2

I've been feeding babies like a mad man as i'm currently swarmed with them in my little tree hut and farming meat in between as 17 babies tend to eat.. alot of it. :D But also managed to tame a 150 scorpion I noticed in a cave down in Redwoods, so perhaps my next adventure is going to be the Scorpion Queen on the Lava Island (I play on the Center) if I can find some more of those. Heh ?

• Like 2

Worked from home today, so took 45 minutes at lunch time, and played a little.

Gathering resources  and building the TEK materials for the new desert base.  While doing this, I came across ANOTHER huge base filled with wyverns and Gigas.  The same name again for base.  (hint same name as a trio of brothers with dark hair who are in a singing group)   I really don't understand the point of having 6-7 huge bases on this map, filled with Gigas and Wyverns.   Is it possible they are using the server as storing location?  Can you transfer from a PvE server to PvP servers?

As  i made my way over towards the new base location, I passed over a smaller base, that had 1/2 color mutated barys. While scoping them out, I noticed a person running around the base, so after making a public chat comment about "nice colored barys";  the guy offered me one.  I countered that I would trade him a colored thyla, rather that get it for free.  He too wanted a blue one, and settled for Cyan blue instead.  So I headed back to base to breed one up, and while it was gestating, he said he had to leave, and would be back tomorrow.  I'm glad he said something, because at this point I released I had used up 59 minutes of my lunch hour!  Thankfully my home office is only 10 feet from my living room, so I was able to get back to work on time.

** forgot to mention this before:   Last night, in the middle of the desert, I see a Fire Wyvern fly by.  strange, because I was the only person on the server. I scope it, and it is a tamed wyvern flying from the big mountain range of north, to the middle of the desert.  So I start following it, and soon about 10 other wyverns, plus a couple Ptera all render in. they are all bunched together and flying in place. they all belong to the same owner ( a name I didn't recognize)  But then another Wyvern came flying in from the north. and joined the group.  then a moment later, a couple of the wyverns broke from the group, and started flying in large random circles in the middle of the desert.  I checked again, and NO other person was on the server.   How the heck could this happen?  They were not agro'd on anything, and they weren't following eachother, as their flight paths were different.  BIZARRO!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Island

More Tek Cave preparations. Uncryoed my spare rexes and theris to check how many more saddles I needed to craft.   4 theri and 3 rex saddles. Might make a tek saddle for one of the rexes but a hide run was in order. Still deciding on stats

After a metal run I started targeting titans for hide but  30k hide from 2 titans probably wont be enough so I wandered around the Island on my giga munching everything that moved, targetting larger creatures such as brontos, diplos, paracers rexes etc with the chainsaw. Its probably the biggest hide run I have ever done, in total I must have gathered about 110k hide tonight, mental. I'll probably craft up the saddles tommorow. Currently got 158k hide sitting in a dedicated storage box. Definitely going to need some more metal.

Finished up the night with a trip to the western sea cave. I was mostly hoping to kill some more ammonites for bile and also for loot but I didnt have much luck with either. Ran into a level 120 alpha mosa in the artifact chamber. Luckily the mosa AI is sill borked so he got very few hits onto me. I swear that thing was never going to die. Must have been 10 solid minutes of button mashing (wasnt looking at a clock) but it eventually died. No good loot from it. Got back to base and called it a night.

• Like 1

Well after the Wyvren pen and taming the 2 Wyvrens it was time to get my little house back to building., I also need to replenish my supplies and rebuild stocks of everything. So I set to doing that. On the trip to get my oil from my pump I dropped into the "bear cave" to get my crates and found a level 360 Dire Bear. Thought, heck why not. Carried it home and knocked it out. Continued enlarging my pen and waited for it to get hungry. Dropped Honey into the bear and nothing. Still says add food. Went and killed a sheep, dumped in mutton and still says Add Food. 

So went in and out of render range, nothing. Logged off and on again, nothing. So thought pfft , logged off and went to read my book. If when I log on next I have a bear, if not well so be it.

I think I am beginning to see a pattern with my tribemates.

After being told mey baby Doeds had died earlier in the week and then logging in to see them alive and well, I had another experience last night.

I logged in to find a strange looking green device attached to the wall right by my body. I had a peek and it was a narcotic trap and I backed off rather hastily... poof a cloud of green vapour. Luckily it  didnt get me, I think for once server lag, actually helped.

I continued my evening doing the usual, getting eggs, maturing my Wyv and Yuty, but it got me thinking... I need some payback.

Come on daily thread visitors, give me some ideas. I have in the past handcuffed them to the beds, but that means I have to be on to let them out, so I need something that frustrates them but is only temporary :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Anarki said:

After being told mey baby Doeds had died earlier in the week and then logging in to see them alive and well, I had another experience last night.

I logged in to find a strange looking green device attached to the wall right by my body. I had a peek and it was a narcotic trap and I backed off rather hastily... poof a cloud of green vapour. Luckily it  didnt get me, I think for once server lag, actually helped.

I continued my evening doing the usual, getting eggs, maturing my Wyv and Yuty, but it got me thinking... I need some payback.

Come on daily thread visitors, give me some ideas. I have in the past handcuffed them to the beds, but that means I have to be on to let them out, so I need something that frustrates them but is only temporary :)

I just tend to take all my Tribemates resources out of his cupboard and fill his body with them. So he cant just drop them and ignore them.  Now that coupled with a Narc trap might be funny as they cannot move away from the trap

Edited by Monde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Anarki said:

18 minutes ago, Monde said:

I just tend to take all my Tribemates resources out of his cupboard and fill his body with them. So he cant just drop them and ignore them.  Now that coupled with a Narc trap might be funny as they cannot move away from the trap

^^ this was going to be my suggestion. Could also surround tribe mate with small bear traps ? 

Also paint armour obnoxious colour and also paint tribe mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anarki said:

Can you hatch a bunch of baby dino, and move them so they are all around the body? Then when he logs in, he will be glitched into them?  Happened to me last night, and I am a 1 man tribe!!!  I logged out while standing in the middle of 5 baby thylas. log in 18 hours later, and I am stick inside them.  Had to punch my way out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1